saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,039 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
bug cyber [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 10:54:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]restless eyes watch their surroundings, scanning from tree to tree, branch to branch, searching for anything that might stick out. the green around them is only amplified by the shine of the sparkly dust. it's beautiful. romantic, even.

"know any games to pass the time?"

[attr="class","noodles"]@open // [x]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
bug cyber [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 13:55:39 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Only if they involve bottles of beer. But that’d be way too noisy, and we’re on duty.”

Lars found himself taking more work lately, mostly because he wanted to distract himself.

Other times he just wanted to have a peaceful night out without having to deal with crazy Mr. Mimes that had to be beaten at their own game, or just sit back and keep guard over something.

Admittedly it was going to get boring in a few hours. Thank hell he’d already gotten some sleep before heading out here.

His Metagross, Ro, was on the other side of the area, standing watch.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,039 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
bug cyber [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 4:09:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]a branch moves overhead which immediately draws matias' attention. he tenses out of instinct, but relaxes when he sees a ledyba buzzing onto the next tree.

"why did you become a ranger, lars?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
bug cyber [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 13:44:24 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The sounds catch his attention too—only it was the same as the other had spotted; a couple of Ledian flitting from one tree to another.

The silver Metagross had his eyes trained out on the darker corners of the part where he was supposed to stand guard; thankfully nothing too suspicious was coming from over there.

Back to where Lars was, he dug around in his jacket before pulling out something. “You mind if I smoke for a bit?” he asked as he showed the other man the small cartridge.

As for the question, well… had Matias met Lars eight years ago, the answer would have been very different.

“At the time, I had nowhere else to go,” he began.

“Left home at sixteen, joined at twenty-one. Been with the Rangers for eight years now. In a way, they replaced the dysfunctional family I left behind.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,039 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
bug cyber [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 9:43:01 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias shrugs when showed the small cartridge, indifferent.

"and in those eight years, what made you stay?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
bug cyber [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2021 4:30:10 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

To keep himself busy, he shook the cartridge for a few moments before turning it on and taking a puff. In moments, the scent of vanilla filled the air.

“Didn’t have anything to go back to when I left home. My dad was a jackass, all things considered.”

There was a bit of a white lie there; but that was the main intention, on the most part. Who the hell knew where his younger brother was now.

He did all he could before he left. Maybe he’d set a bad example to his siblings, but there was no other choice. He wondered if that friend of his kept the promise they’d made previously.

Well, what’s the point of that if she’s already dead, he thought to himself as he released a little cloud of vapor.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,039 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
bug cyber [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 7:34:03 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the purpose of his prodding comes to fruition. lars' responses confirm his suspicion, and though lars is one in an organization of many, there are others undoubtedly like him — those who are in the league not to fight, but to belong.

matias feels disappointed.

"i see. thanks for sharing."

a branch breaks overhead and a quick glance finds a mankey. its tail wraps around branches, swinging across trees, as it attempts to chase a ledian. "you got that?"

[attr="class","noodles"]