part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
hey stranger [m]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 11:32:51 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar

[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","katherinepokes"]

The fact that this sort of mission was delegated to Katherine was, by all accounts, insulting. You'd think that after receiving a promotion she'd start seeing less silly jobs and only be asked to tend to serious matters - but the opposite was correct. Mostly thanks to , at least.

Each member of the AQUA Initiative, but most particularly the champion and all three of elite four members, were expected to keep up appearances to better the League's reputation across Hoenn.

But seriously, monkeys?

Still, she shows up in time all the same, personal feelings dismissed aside for the sake of completing the mission. It's what they are all expected to do, the behavior the role demands from them.

Walpurgis, Katherine's Spiritomb, is preemptively released upon arrival. With each step the two of them take, the closer 's silhouette appeared to be. If someone bothered to mention that Kat won't be working by herself today, then she clearly didn't hear them - for the expression her face dons is that of mild surprise.

”Are you here to catch one of them?” After all, he wouldn't be the first trainer to abduct a pokemon straight from the swarm it belonged to. ”I am not trying to rush you or anything, but…” A panicked flock of Wurmple skitters by them, clearly in an attempt of fleeing away from the approaching combat.

Katherine gestures at one of the frightened bug-types with her hand, “They’ll probably appreciate it if you do.”

notes: i regret saying yes to this mission because i tried to start this thread like 4 times already

[attr="class","katherinetag"]

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to fight for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
7,911 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
hey stranger [m]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 13:37:14 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"hm?"

matias had been too enthralled in the conflicting fighting-types to notice the sounds of approaching footsteps. he turns, tearing his attention away right as a primeape lands a KARATE CHOP on a much taller passimian. twice its height, in fact.

"oh, i know you. katherine of the elite four, yes?" while normally bad with names, matias has no issues remembering hers. "i didn't know they assigned me a partner."

in the background, a raging primeape mid-charge suddenly slows to a halt, then drops to the ground unconscious. even from this far away, its snore thunders with the might of a storm.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
hey stranger [m]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 14:43:40 GMT

Matias is revealed in full only when he finally turns to face Katherine, who’s ready to scrutinize him from head to toe with her stare. She does so for a few moments before accepting that he was only a stranger.

“Mhm, that’s me.” The forced smile that graces her features is short-lived, persisting only for a moment or two.

“Oh. You too?” Not a hint of surprise mars her unamused expression. If the Silph bothered to take a lengthy glance at Katherine, then he’d easily be able to tell that this was far from the first time she wasn’t properly informed of being partnered with someone. “It happens more often than you’d think.”

Her focus shifts to one of the Primeapes for a brief second or two, but then Matias regains her attention.

“I… Am not sure if we’ve met before, honestly,” usually, committing a name to a face came easily to her, but such wasn’t the case today.

notes:

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to fight for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
7,911 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
hey stranger [m]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 15:08:28 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"i guess they're shit at communicating here, too." it doesn't surprise him — in fact, it's what he had expected. to actually be right about it is a little depressing, though. perhaps a part of him was hoping to be wrong.

matias shakes his head, "you'd remember," then extends his hand, "matias silph."

shadows snake in the background, and from it, purple spikes seem to protrude. it heads in the direction of a passimian this time, and like the primeape earlier, it too falls unconscious.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
hey stranger [m]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 15:18:50 GMT

”Ah!”

Sure, they haven’t met before. And yet, Matias’ last name alone was more telling than any other in their region. It shares intimate details about his life that maybe he wasn’t the most comfortable with spelling out himself. Both a burden and a blessing, she sees it now too. “Are you one of Fern’s cousins?”

She won’t jump to the conclusion that they were brothers, if only because Fernando never mentioned having one.

Her own hand extends in turn, moving to shake his for a couple of moments before her eyes flit to her Spiritomb, acknowledging it with a nod. It begins to release silent, telepathic waves that spread in the air - intent on slowly hypnotizing members of the two packs.

After all, not all of them need to be dealt with, just a sufficient amount that will convince the others to follow in their steps.

“Have you been hiding all this time or something? Your family usually likes the spotlight.”

notes:

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to fight for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
7,911 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
hey stranger [m]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2021 17:44:58 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"one of fernie's siblings. i'm his brother."

behind layers of half-smiles and indifference is undeniable contempt. but, as always, he hides it well, and in turn chooses to flash a grin.

"i'll be in the spotlight soon enough. you've worked with him?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
hey stranger [m]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 15:41:36 GMT

”...His brother?”

Wasn't that just a lot more interesting? Katherine almost expects to find the hidden meaning that's veiled by Matias' grin, but he is most certainly well-trained enough to avoid such an outcome. Without much of her attention being diverted, both the lemurs and the monkeys fall prey to her Spiritomb's HYPNOSIS.

They succumb to the curse placed upon them, moving like chess pawns that her ghost-type seemed to be manipulating.

”A couple of times now. He's great. Gym leader, councilman... It's a shame he retired,” the council will miss him. Katherine doubted that the void he left will be filled any time soon. ”But if you've come here to replace him, then I suppose we're in good hands.”

notes:

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to fight for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
7,911 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
hey stranger [m]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 16:01:51 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"i never knew fernie had an interest in politics, nor the affairs of a foreign region. but i suppose there are a lot of things i don't know about him."

by now, the monkeys have become nothing more than sleeping pests. it means little to matias but the quiet it brings them is appreciated.

"i've come to do more than just replace him," though quick, his comment holds gravitas. it fades in favor of something akin to charm. "we're already in good hands with you, i'm sure."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
hey stranger [m]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 14:36:31 GMT

“Aw. You flatter me.” If Matias was anything like his brother, then any compliments he could offer came with a hidden agenda. Whether if they held a semblance of truth, however, remained in the dark.

“Thomas, Kyle, me-” coincidentally, Katherine doesn’t name Stormy. “We are only the muscle. Without the commissioner and a functioning council, our region will be in disarray.” Kat may thrive in chaos, but ultimately, having things flow peacefully was a lot easier for her life.

“Well,” stepping aside, a glance is paid to the now departing fighting-types. A fleeting moment is spared to judge her pokemon’s performance before her eyes lock with Matias’ once more. ”I’ll feel bad if Fernando hears that I let his brother walk back to the city, so…” She retrieves a Pokeball from within her bag, soon to be used to set her Dragapult free.

“Do you need a ride?”

notes:

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to fight for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
7,911 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
hey stranger [m]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 13:37:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the urge to pry comes when stormy isn't named, but he swallows it back, deciding against it. katherine is simplifying — there are more moving parts and pieces than she names, but what he takes away is that everyone needs to be cohesively striving for the same goal. so, he nods in agreement.

a gengar finally leaps out of the shadows, landing by matias. its dark-red eyes glance up, seeking approval, to which matias gives in the form of a nod. gengar is recalled after.

"i do."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
hey stranger [m]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2021 20:02:06 GMT

Dragapult handles the weight of two people, rather than the usual one, seemingly well. During their ascension into the air and the short ride on its back, it remains steady and offers as much comfort as a dragon's back can provide.

Which isn't much, but it certainly tries to accommodate itself to that.

"I can go for a drink." Little thought is spared before a reply escapes through her lips, prompting Katherine to whisper a new direction for her Dragapult to follow. Eventually, it reaches its new destination and makes a full, clean landing by a bar in Mauville city.

Naturally, Katherine is recognized and welcomed with open arms and sincere, kind smiles. She musters one of her own that undoubtedly carries plenty less honesty.

Even during her reign, she never cared for this city as much as she had to pretend to.

"What are you in the mood for?" A moment of pause, and then she continues. "Just don't tell me you're the type of guy who only likes one type of drink."

And please, if he is, don't let it be some cheap beer.

notes:

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to fight for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
7,911 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
hey stranger [m]
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 17:29:33 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"bad experience with one?"

he raises a hand, gesturing for the bottle of whiskey. it doesn't take long for two rocks glasses to appear before them, each filled with fine liquor that surrounds a perfect sphere of ice. he extends one over to katherine.

"anything you want. but i thought we'd start with this."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
hey stranger [m]
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 12:15:04 GMT

“A few actually. Not just one.”

It sours her mood just to think of the ghosts of her past, but dismissing the thought away comes easily as soon as their drinks arrive. Whiskey is good, familiar, and reliable. All the things the ghosts that haunted her seemed to lack.

“I am a sucker for martinis, but good whiskey is hard to turn down.”

The deep, sun-tinted liquor slides down her throat cleanly, providing a moment of serenity where her eyes close and she almost forgets about her company.

”Good choice.”

notes:

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to fight for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
7,911 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
hey stranger [m]
POSTED ON May 6, 2021 7:26:24 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]at the mention of martinis, his eyes find the barkeep's, and after a knowing look and a nod, the barkeep gets to work. he returns his gaze to katherine just as she downs her drink, and soon does the same to his own.

"a reliable choice."

he sets his glass down, slides it away, and waits for the next. his mind flutters to earlier in the day and he can't help the chuckle that escapes.

"how often do they waste your time?" he pauses, then continues. "it was a simple mission a cadet could handle."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
hey stranger [m]
POSTED ON May 9, 2021 21:11:28 GMT

“Oh. The League?”

He must be referring to them, but she seeks confirmation all the same. “Not too often but I don’t mind it too much, honestly,” after all, during downtime she was allowed to do whatever she deemed fit. “They don’t bother me on day-offs, too. Not unless like… Something big is happening.”

And as of late, nothing big was happening. There was no war, and the threat of Rocket was more of a threat that lingered in the dark, away from the eyes of the public.

The bartender soon returns to deliver new glasses to them, most likely after having picked up the mention of martinis. He sets a glass of dry martini near Katherine and offers a refill to Matias.

“Besides, I can’t complain too much. The money is good.”

notes: