snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
obey
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2021 23:12:54 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]sinnoh. it feels weird to be back. not only because of the company by her side but the circumstances. this is no longer a place for her to retreat, to lick her wounds and nurse a broken heart. it has now become a playground, one she's eagerly rushing toward.

the first stop is eterna city, where history lives. work first, with play happening in spaces in between.

and after their bags are dropped off at the hotel room, fernando will find her at a hulking statue. it towers over her, looming, bathing her in shadows.

"the birth of palkia," she murmurs. the plate at the base of the statue reads just as she speaks, recited for him to pick apart. "the creator of parallel dimensions. alive, yet not alive." she'll turn her head to look at him for a moment before returning to the text, continuing to read in silence as if it just now dawned on her that he's capable of reading for himself.

"what do you think?" she has some ideas but they're kept to her chest. cards not yet revealed, held behind a poker face.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,733 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
obey
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 7:24:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]It pales in comparison.

What exactly happened last year is still a blur. A rift in time seems like nothing more than a bad dream. Alternative retellings. Living through the trauma of coming to Hoenn.

But he remembers it. Dialga. The emissary of time.

To see its counterpart chiseled into something so tangible doesn’t do the great beast justice. Fernando’s scowl make his judgement blatantly obvious as his eyes narrow in on the feature’s of its face. An unworthy imitation, much too human.

Not sure.

He fall into silence.

You?

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
obey
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 17:19:05 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i”]”i’m not positive,” she begins, voice gaining both confidence and traction. her mind has been chipping away at the puzzle day and night, working it with bloody fingers until something begins to make sense. ”i’m starting to wonder if the crystal’s connection to primal energy is drawing the attention of palkia.” calling upon the primordial beast like a beacon, resulting in the summoning of the crystal to palkia’s domain.

what she knows of the legend is simple: palkia controls alternate dimmensions and makes a home in the spaces between.

pieces click into place and she’s sifting through them with little care for things she shouldn’t meddle with. ”there’s no obvious reason palkia should be concerned with this crystal unless it wants the primal energy, right? she turns to him fully, then. expectant, as if he’s going to add more fuel to the concept.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,733 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
obey
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 20:15:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Could be.

Her guess trumps his.

Fernando is no scientist. His expertise, while closely knit to the field, lacks the same punch when compared side-by-side. The most he can do is break information down into simple blocks and rearrange them to hypothesis that comes off as more common sense than scientific discovery.

So where does he get the fuel? Why is he always right? Because his expertise is procurement. He samples information from every scientist under his grasp. The efforts of many compile into an impenetrable wall. From his collections of questions is an answer that’s come from someone else.

But here, they intrude on hollowed ground. He has nothing so he is useless. It is up to her to find the answer and supply him his first weapon in the war to come.

It may want the primal energy for itself.

But echoing her opinions get them no where. The least he can do is offer a contrary viewpoint. Anything to prick her mind with inspiration on a different perspective.

So he inserts his own ego into the equation. Just for an extra X-factor.

Or it wants to keep it away from someone else.

comes to mind.

Perhaps the Megalopolan invasion, with all their wormholes, aggravated Palkia? It’s said to rule over space, right? Do you think Ultra Space counts?

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
obey
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 2:12:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i”]using him as a soundboard for her own hypotheses works in a way she expects. he provides welcome perspectives, shifting thinking in different directions. it allows her to sort further, to pry back pieces on the board and survey the possibilities. one move here, one move there until a path for victory reveals itself.

she's silent for a moment. pensive, eyes darting between handsome features and metallic carvings.

"creation comes before the primal age so perhaps not the power itself?" everything has to start somewhere, even legendary beasts. her memory churns out bits and pieces of sinnoh lore but they're jagged pieces, unable to fit together in a way that satisfies her. hunger bleeds into her system without hesitation. hunger for knowledge, power, pleasure. in him, she finds all of it.

she steps closer and with the closed distance comes a breakthrough.

"it is said palkia is the creator of parallel dimensions. ultra space could be one of those creations," her head tilts, shifting with the thought. a new angle, a new perspective. one step closer. "and if it rules over dimensions, no king wants to relinquish that control."

she'll brush her hand against his, mild affection for him to continue if he so desires.

"or, palkia could feel threatened. legend tells of clashes similar to those of hoenn lore between palkia and its counterpart, dialga. territorial spats powerful enough to level cities," she pauses, finally noting a mild connection. "perhaps there are ties to groudon's patterns after all."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,733 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
obey
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 2:29:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“If not power then what?

Not to discount her idea but every assumption needs a base, a reason why. As the devil’s advocate, Fernando’s job is simple, to poke her full of holes and then fill her up in all the best ways. Her reasoning must be sound, complete, and the only way she can reach it is by accepting a part of him—the need to prove her wrong.

If Ultra Space is one, does that mean there are others? How many?

Her touch is met with the indifference. He does not recline but doesn’t return the gesture as well. There is a time and place for everything. Fernando bides his for a more suitable time. For when he can savor it without interruption or restraint.

Not symmetrical but still related. Possible. Hmmm.

He clicks his tongue. “After the war, Dialga’s influence ended up doing something to the timeline. I’m not sure what, and I’m not even sure it was real, but I have a relic from its appearance.

That same something rest in his PC box somewhere.

My Smeargle knows ROAR OF TIME.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
obey
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 3:00:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i”]"control, territory," she weighs each option, as if torn between which one could pair with the power it already possesses. "if wormholes are unstable tears in spatial dimensions, there's a possibility it could be both." a threat to the megalopolans, a means to force them back into submission. power and control do go hand in hand, however. each concept is food for thought, keeping her mind working over and over until something sticks.

"some believe there are many parallel dimensions," she doesn't pay his indifference much mind. it'll change later, of that she is certain. "but there is no way to know for sure. based on what we have seen with the wormholes and the invasion, we can only guess there are other worlds besides ultra space." each wormhole has led somewhere different, providing a glimpse into another life or another world. it'd be foolish to assume they all lead to ultra space, even with the appearance of palkia's form over meteor falls.

first palkia and then dialga... another piece she places on the board, mind tossing around possible ideas. eventually, she settles on one and sinks her teeth in.

"both of them exhibiting their powers can't be a coincidence," she murmurs. not as far as she can tell, not with their mutual hatred for each other. "palkia's appearance in the war could have lured dialga? the timeline being altered could, theoretically, be what's causing palkia to resurface." where one goes, the other might follow. such is the rivalry, such is the feud... but why? where does the crystal fit in all of this?

she has yet to piece more together.

"i wonder..." it comes as half a mumble, half to herself. the train of thought comes with a theory at the end, brought into existence by his pokemon's move. "if your smeargle were to use roar of time, would it be enough to draw out the god of space?" could a single smeargle really summon a god? perhaps they'd find out one day.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,733 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
obey
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 3:18:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“No.

Because he’s tried it. Practiced it. Sometimes small. Sometimes an arduous endeavor meant to push his Pokemon to the brink of exhaustion. “I’ve used it, sparingly, but nothing of consequence happened.

But that was only one Pokemon. Fernando, for his adaptability does specialize in one thing. Procurement. Recreating moves and at mass production was his signature technique during the way. There is no better COPYCAT.

But we could set up something more demanding. The only question is, should we?

Where others blind themselves with greed, he keeps his checked by means of self-preservation. “Can we handle the repercussions?

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
obey
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 3:59:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i”]she hums in thought. not enough power, perhaps? or something connected to presence? she can't be sure, not without testing it for herself anyway.

"something more demanding might work," she offers. it sounds solid in theory but would it hold up against a god? uncertainty keeps her from fully agreeing, as if she needs to jot down a list of pros and cons before succumbing to her own greed. knowledge and power are worth nothing if you're dead, a concept she unfortunately knows all too well.

a smile rises to her lips, spreading and spreading until it's a baring of teeth.

"can we handle the wrath of a god?" if she had more than a fragment of power in her body, perhaps. "is it worth the answers we could find?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,733 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
obey
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 4:12:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Can you?

He challenges her with a taunt that borders flirtatious. His tone may carry intent but his face remains as stoic as ever. Perceptively cold to keep them both in check.

Perhaps. It’s a judgement call that will require deciding. For now, we should exhaust more tame options until we have nothing left.

Based off current predictions, they still have plenty of time.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
obey
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 4:47:06 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i”]"absolutely," she meets the challenge with a playful smile. intent is not lost on her, bleeding into her next choice of words. "i thought i had proved that already." half a tease, half a joke, all certainty. despite her lost power, she is no longer weak. no longer a lamb for slaughter but now the lion beginning the hunt. indifference keeps her from acting in the moment but between them, a promise of later could be shared.

"more information would be necessary beforehand, anyway," unless they want to rush in blind but she knows him better than that to assume he'd go into anything without a plan. and whatever he plans, she will execute. such is the role she has greedily taken. "file it away as a last resort for now. maybe we could figure out a way to summon palkia with the crystals alone?" assuming they managed to find more than the one in league possession.

the funny thing about time is it always seems to run out when you least expect it.

"would you like to continue?" she'll turn to face him, expectant. "or is there something else you had in mind?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,733 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
obey
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 5:11:30 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Indeed. Our first priority should be acquiring the crystals.

The map Dahlia had drafted is still being calibrated. Once they’re able to pinpoint the source, League forces will be called upon for their retrieval. The two of them may no longer owe the League their service but their ties are far from severed. This time, he intends to bring Illeana with him.

An excursion for them should be sent out soon,” a brief reminder to prepare for the trials ahead.

When prompted, Fernando smiles, muted but creeping along the surface.

I’m ready, whenever you are.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
obey
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 23:43:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i”]"as many as possible," she leaves no room for questioning. they will acquire the crystals. there is no room for failure, not with the possibility they offer. restored avatar powers, heightened past their limit and propelled into the next stage.

illeana reyes might almost be too greedy or selfish now but it's no surprise that she wears power well. taught by the very best and left to push past those lessons into reality. such is the story of her journey, such is her purpose.

"i expect you'll summon me when the time comes," she flashes a mildly saucy smile, dipping her toes into something a little more flirtatious. "unless you need me before." there's an expectation there, laced between words that almost knows he will. their bond tells her such, intimate and hungry.

even if it's muted, his smile brings a mild warmth to her skin. it's an expression she likes on him, an opinion settled between a fondness for his aggression and a need for his affection.

"where to?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,733 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
obey
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2021 22:44:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Depends. Be ready for when the time comes.

Her own smile is an annoyance he meets by running his finger from her throat until the end of her chin. “We don’t have time to wait.” With how forward she’s become as of late, Fernando finds teetering the line between business and pleasure frighteningly smaller. While his appetite is insatiable, his time is limited.

Being hunted, rather than the hunter, is a role reversal he handles with avoidance.

Back to the hotel?” Sightseeing brings them to the statue but there’s little they can derive from it. “We need to make an appointment for Canalave.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
obey
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 1:06:20 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i”]there's something to be said about a finger running up the throat. it elicits another smile from her, different in nature and almost foreign to her features. masochistic or sadistic, she isn't sure. what is certain, however, is the baring of her teeth. "always."

always ready, always waiting. such is the existence of her role in his life. time is of the essence, a notion he reminds her of in this moment. she regards it with a flicker of her eyes, a soft hum escaping and nothing more.

she'll pull away from his grasp without hesitation, stepping out of reach to spare one more glance at the statue. the weather worn figure unfortunately provides little for them to go off of. she had considered it, sure, but it's still an annoyance all the same. disappointment is an uncomfortable feeling for the woman.

"lead the way," she murmurs, leaving the statue behind to return to his side. "would you prefer to do the calling or shall i?" canalave holds possible answers and if it doesn't, her last resort will be celestic town.