saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,040 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ancient [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 14:51:13 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]up on mount chimney, near the summit but not quite, lies a shrine of earth and warmth. it has said to have existed for centuries, dating back to ancient times. or at least, that's what matias was told by the elders.

it matters little to his job, but curiosity gets the better of him. he stands a few feet away peering at it, admiring it, studying it.

[attr="class","noodles"]@open // [x]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
ancient [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 14:59:06 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Oh, holy shit.

Why did it have to be at Mount fucking Pyre?!

Alexei’s terror was barely concealed, although at the same time he felt so fucking guilty for not coming by often. He just hoped that he didn’t run into any wild Ghost-types while he was here. Ugh, why did it have to be today of all the days?!

“Sorry, Mike,” he said as he left a small pouch of birdseed at his Pelipper’s grave before turning away and squinting through the pervading gloom at the light of his PokéGear.

An update came in, and then he had to take a second look—okay, that was much better.

How was he going to get there faster though?

Several Teleport-related shenanigans later and he was as close to Mount Chimney as possible. Okay, he could breathe easier now…

And then he remembered the fucking terror he had to endure while looking for that danged Scorbunny. How many weeks did he spend around this area?! He’d lost count to be honest.

Somewhere nearby… time to hike, he thought with this… look on his face. Mentally crossing his fingers, he made the hike to the location—and then he wondered.

Was this shrine he was headed to similar to the Abundant Shrine back home? Or was this a shrine to another Pokémon entirely?

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,040 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ancient [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 9:12:56 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]something crunches against the ground behind him and the reaction is almost instantaneous. smoldering-hot flames burn as a magmortar appears. its cannon points, fire swirling inside, ready for a FLAMETHROWER.

"stop."

the flames linger but nothing leaves it. the cannon lowers, and matias turns.

"shrine's off limits."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
ancient [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 16:14:59 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Alexei had gotten so swept up with his walking he very nearly got his face melted off had he not felt a wall of heat haze blocking his path.

“Oh—” he began, startled but managing to hang onto his phone and regain his composure.

“You the one who was looking for a companion for guarding the shrine, right?” he ventured a few moments later.

Well, it was the only other thing he could think of—besides, most of the people who normally called Mount Chimney their haunting grounds were either not present or were currently elsewhere.

“Although the notice was mixed up at first, I thought it was Mount… Pyre,” he added with a nervous chuckle. “Thank hell it isn’t.”

Otherwise I’d have run away screaming, he completed the sentence in his head.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,040 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ancient [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 13:13:37 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"no, but i assume they might have assigned me one anyways."

a quick flash of red hits the magmortar, recalling it back into its pokeball, which causes the temperature around them to drop immediately. it's much cooler now — matias preferred it earlier.

"what's wrong with mount pyre?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
ancient [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 20:04:32 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Ghosts creep me out,” was his simple answer to the question.

They still did, despite not being ‘physically’ around at the moment.

The heat haze disappeared, and he let out a sigh of relief as the cooler air began settling around them. Well, as cool as Mount Chimney could offer at the very least.

Checking his PokéGear again, he looked up once he was done.

“So what exactly is going on with this shrine since it’s off-limits? We waiting for the repairmen to get here or something?”

If so, the only thing they had to do now was wait—and hopefully no wild Pokémon hell-bent on making the shrine into their playground showed up to ruin it.

Otherwise there would be questions had.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,040 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ancient [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 8:47:39 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"we're just guarding it until the elders get here. it's a long journey for them, apparently."

matias turns away, approaching the shrine. it's a small alcove naturally curved into the side of the mountain. in it, two candles burn, flanked by a small stone of some kind. there are markings inscribed into the stone, but their meaning is lost to time.

"don't think it'll be that long now. i've been here a few hours."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
ancient [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 13:39:02 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Alexei couldn’t blame the other man for waiting for a while—the moment they’d mentioned that it was an elderly couple headed up towards the shrine, he nodded.

“Is it the same couple who takes care of—of the older shrines near the peak of Mount Pyre?” he inquired.

Because traveling from one place to another, especially for the elderly at their age, would be considerably difficult to do.

It was kind of a shame that the shrine didn’t have any telling marks as to discern which legendary being—or beings, if any—it was made to honor.

One thing was for sure, though, it wasn’t the same as the Abundant Shrine back home—

He then turned to face the path leading up to where the shrine was located, and squinted through the pervading gloom.

“Not sure if that’s them I can see now,” he remarked, tilting his head in the direction of a pair of approaching shadows.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,040 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ancient [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2021 6:43:26 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"no clue but i hope not. that's a far walk."

approaching shadows are met with wary eyes. he tenses out of instinct, reaches a hand for his belt just in case. but as the shadows grow larger, they start to become more discernible. humanoid, he concludes, and so he pulls his hand away.

"elders! i hope your journey was well. the shrine's safe, there were no disturbances."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
ancient [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2021 19:09:27 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Thankfully he didn’t need to summon his own Pokémon either as the shapes he picked out through the ashen cloud were definitely human—and the greeting from the other man confirmed that they were indeed, the people they were waiting for to arrive.

“Nothing too eventful happened,” he added a few moments later as he helped the old woman climb the rest of the path before leading her towards the shrine proper.

“No Pokémon ruined it, we—well, mostly he—made sure of it.”

Much as he wanted to know what or who the shrine was dedicated to, he had a feeling it wasn’t for the ones he was thinking about.

For starters, the ones I know of live in verdant nature, not all the way out here in something inhospitable… he thought to himself as he watched the elderly couple tend to the shrine proper.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ancient [ mission ]
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 3:38:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: