291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Blazing Hikes [Open/Mission]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 23:48:10 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
The smoke is dizzying and the heat almost unbearable, but the man had something to protect. On the outside of the pass was what he once considered his home, and still saw as a place to protect, and while fires weren't an uncommon occurrence on the jagged pass this one had grown out of hand. Some grunts had gotten a little too into their drills and Miles took it upon himself to manage the mess.

"Rock Slide, Hydro Pump." The commands are given confidently as more flames are smothered. He'd been holding the flames at bay waiting for the league, rangers anyone to arrive and give him a hand lest the fire consume him and reach Lavaridge. Thankfully Obelos and Sidia still had enough energy to resist the encroaching flames.

Surely someone had to have noticed, by now despite it being the dead of night smoke traveled fast, it was simply a matter of time, or at least that's what he told himself.

Mission Fire Force

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 20:21:34 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING 1/5

"douse 'em!" a stream of water came out from the side and blasted the flames and wore them down till they were nothing but steaming piles of cinders and ash. a dragalge floated onto the scene spraying another stream of powerful water onto the rest of the fire to try and help put it out. from behind it came a blonde trainer with his phone to his ear and was suddenly aiming its camera at the disaster in front of him. "hey! i called some fire fighters, they outta be on their way here. you alright man?! nobody hurt!?" he panted as kazimir came up to stand shoulder to shoulder with , sweat dripping down his face from running and not from the heat.

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 20:50:40 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

Good to know someone out there was first cognizant enough to come to the fire and second competent enough to help deal with it. When the cannon comes smothering another pillar of flame Miles' gaze falls on the recently arriving trainer. "A gentleman and a scholar." He muses mustering up half a smile before looking deeper into the Pass flames still peaking further in.

"I'll survive, the trainers who caused the scene have already fled, but I fear a hiker or two may be caught on the other side of the pass. I'll attempt to survey the area from above if you can continue on foot and create a path with our pokemon."

"I believe that's our best option." He doesn't bother with names, there was a job to do and while it feels nice being on the other side of a disaster for once, he doesn't plan to stick around too long following the cavalry's arrival.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 22:10:00 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING 2/5

"sounds like a plan, just don't choke on smoke up there." kazimir reached down into his pockets to grab two more pokeballs and opened them up, releasing a blastoise and a feraligatr from within them. "alright boys, let's clear a path here. triple hydro pump! max power!" together with his dragalge the three of them unleashed a powerful stream of hydro pumps along side @mile's pokemon. sure enough it not only doused the flames but broke through any burning debris that allowed kazimir to run on ahead to try and find anyone in need of help. "hey! anybody out there?!" he called out, holding the collar of his shirt up to his mouth to try and prevent himself from choking on any fumes and smoke.

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 23:25:26 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

"No promises." He looks up at the smoke preparing himself mentally to be up there. With any luck, Caelum would break through it with his speed allowing at least a little fresh air into him despite the longshot it was. His focus shifts to his pokemon on the ground. "Follow their lead, I'll be back shortly." The prehistoric pokemon roar in compliance as Miles calls another pokeball releasing the sky-bound aerodactyl from his Pokeball. "Take me up we're searching for anyone caught in the forest." With a final nod to his makeshift partner on the ground the rocket takes for the skies.

Below he can see the blond-headed ranger making quick work with what looked like twice as much water-power as there'd been when he was on the ground. Hopefully more than enough to make a path. He's in the sky for about a minute and a half Aerodactyl changing altitude every so often making sure both he and his trainer received enough fresh air before diving back through the clouds and towards the flames. It's in his second circling of the area that the rocket spots a trainer trapped underneath a fallen tree. How cliche.

The man swears before diving down. Upon landing, there's little relief upon the trapped trainer's face.

"Please, I can't... I can't move my legs." What a surprise.

Despite the thought Miles doesn't respond sarcastically, he knew Aerodactyl could break the tree trunk apart, but without damaging the boy underneath was tricky. "Caelum circle back to Obelos, let the team know where I am. Understood?"

In moments the aerodactyl is gone leaving Miles to deal with the situation for now.
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 12:32:23 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING 3/5

as the path is cleared for them kazimir notices the shape of an aerodactyl suddenly flying off to the side. and it was without its rider, that was either good or bad.

"hey!" he called out to as he followed where flying fossil came from and came across trying to help someone from out under a tree. "kaiju tree! buccanneer heal up! morgana gives us a flare!" kazimir commanded his trio as his feraligtr approached the tree and put his hands under it and lifted it up with his SUPERPWOERED strength. his blastoise and dragalge both aimed their respective cannons to the sky and fired off a LIFE DEW and DRAGON PULSE to act as a flare for any rescue service that managed to make it in time as well as heal up their rescue victim.

as the tree was lifted kazimir dropped another pokeball as he went over to pull the man out form under the tree and carried him out. from out of the ball came out his alcremie who took a look at the scene around her and promptly shrunk down out of fear at all of the fire burning around her. "hey buttermilk, help me out here. this guy has some serious burns, think you can deal with those?" he asked which got his pokemon's attention and seemed to put her at ease as she took a breath and focused her efforts on healing as she let out some soothing AROMATHERAPY to help soothe any burns the formerly trapped victim had.

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 12:54:07 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

Blond hair, blue eyes, and a penchant for good timing. "Keep this up and I might swoon." There's a teasing sort of sarcasm when appears on the scene both teams of pokemon beside him. Miles had a fourth pokeball in hand, but it seems there's no need to call out his own solution as the other trainer's feraligatr was more than capable enough to deal with the situation managing to remove the tree with its more than impressive physical acumen.

Miles isn't content to just watch, however helping Kazamir pull the injured trainer from former prison following the feralgatr's display of strength. Miles inspected the hurt trainer his consciousness fading. Despite the completion of his doctorate wasn't a medical doctor by trade and so he could only inspect the man's injuries to a certain extent. Kazamir every the quick mover called forth a fourth pokemon helping deal with the burns across the trainer's body, but the trainer's leg was obviously out of commission for the moment.

"We're going to have to carry him out the way we came." The analyst waves his Tyrantrum over while he speaks. "I circled the forest twice, there's no one else in the Pass to my knowledge. Any updates on the fire department?"

Tyrantrum would lower himself while Miles and hopefully Kazamir helped the man onto the fire-resistant dragon. "Be easy, he's injured."
His final words clearly directed toward that very same dragon.
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 13:50:52 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING 4/5

"honestly? no idea. they're pretty punctual though." kazimir replied as he helped the injured man onto the large dinosaur. as he did he picked up his alcremie and also put her on top of the dino to keep it and the man company on the trip and to watch over him. she might not be able to do much more healing but she could always offer a bit of a sweet treat to try and distract from the pain.

"still if that's the only one so far...we should still look around. someone might be trapped under-huh?" his sentence was cut off by the sudden downpour of rain that washed over them. looking up he could see the sight of many pellipers and wingulls circling above them dropping water down all around the area. on top of their heads he could see small hats with a flame symbol printed on the front. "well speak of the devil, told you they were pretty punctual."

as they and the fires were drenched kazimir waved to the birds up high while men in firefighting suits and other pokemon started to rush the scene, putting out the rest of the flames and searching through the debris for anymore potential survivors and injured. "looks like they got things covered from here. hey man ya did a pretty good job out there, i take it your not really a ranger though? ya kinda got the air of one with how ya stayed cool under pressure. honestly its enough to make me swoon." he joked mixing it in with his compliment of the man as he lead the walk back to somewhere where they wouldn't be in the way and towards the approaching sounds of ambulance sirens.

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 14:09:36 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

And he was sweet too? Not his boy, but quite certainly a boy to die for. The rain was a welcome relief with any luck it'd help clear the smoke from his hair. The blond-haired trainer had a point however, if he'd been in the situation a year ago he wouldn't have been able to deal with it, or at least not with such precision, working in team rocket, or perhaps just existing in dangerous situations had been good for him in this sense.

"Not in the slightest." He responds to the man's question as he was in fact the furthest thing from a ranger. "Just a Lavaridge native protecting his home however he can." He nods at his remaining pokemon before returning them to their balls excluding Obelos who of course was on his way transporting the wounded individual.

He follows behind the individual, enhancing his cover story for the fire all the while, the less team rocket was involved in this the better. He can see the lights of the fire department and paramedics just aside as well as his own pokemon completely out of place in the scene it was almost comedic watching obelos attempt to be out of the way while paramedics half his size sidestepped the dragon pokemon.

"Well I suppose it's time for me to deal with that mess." He comments on the situation just ahead, but before moving forward he'd turn to the extremely useful trainer. "But I've yet to get your name sweet talker. You held far better than I did out there and I can't help but feel I owe you one." Realizing he'd forgotten his manners, he'd offer his own, "Miles, by the way."
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 3:39:25 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING 5/5

"kazimir." he replied with a smile as he placed his hands on his hips, "honestly don't feel like ya do. i was just doing my part to help out. sides i better get outta here, rangers ain't too fond of civies kinda jumping into danger. kinda got a bit of a rep with them." his face takes on a bit of smugness as he winks at miles and turns to walk away, hurrying his pace when a ranger asks him what he was doing here.

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 10:25:18 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

"Then we share another commonality." His wit strikes playfully to the hunk. Watching his wink and turn. He doubts this is the last time he'd see he just hopes the terms of their next meeting wouldn't be quite so chaotic. Tyrantrum spots Miles just as the blond trainer turned to leave and soon Miles too would fade into the burned wildness avoiding the rangers who'd most assuredly be looking for answers. All in all, for the trouble it'd been a decent evening it was rare he felt able to do something unequivocally good, a feeling he wouldn't mind working towards again.

mission complete
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,792 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2021 4:17:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: