part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
i of the storm [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 18:30:16 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Angelo was no stranger to the Fortree Sanctuary. He had the pass to prove it. [break][break]

While there was no set routine to his arrivals, within recent months seeing the courier wandering around the grounds hauling bags of seed, checking up on a winged resident or talking and sharing a drink with the owner was not an uncommon sight. Angelo’s first visit around Christmas spiralling into an unofficial, relaxed position here and gaining him a friendship with . [break][break]

Today however the courier pushes through the door of the visitor entrance. Volunteer work or time spent with a friend not the purpose of his stay this time. Instead, he strolls up to the front desk with windswept brunette hair, goggles perched already around his neck and a hungry spark in blue eyes. [break][break]

Major, meanwhile, glides through the open door before it closes to perch on the desk beside his trainer. Another familiar face to the Fortree Sanctuary family. But unlike his time spent here as a Taillow chick all those months ago, his chest is fluffed out with recent evolution pride and his twin tail feathers are pointed up to the ceiling in a sign of good health. [break][break]

Save for the left one. Red tip bent at an angle that never ceases to straighten, much to some of the staff’s frustration and Angelo’s unconcern. Personally, he thinks it gives the Swellow character. [break][break]

Hey, Claire. You guys been taking care of my favourite hatchlings while I've been away?” At the reception, a woman with her hair pulled in a messy bun instantly stills in clacking her painted nails against the keyboard to greet him with a cheerful hello, before answering his question with a tired sigh as she rambles about Wingull chicks. All the while reaching out to Major in an attempt to smooth at his tail feathers. Thankfully the Swellow doesn’t seem to mind, far too used to this kind of fuss; even if they all knew it was a fruitless endeavour. [break][break]

Mind telling Alex his ‘next challenger is here’?” [break][break]

A finger is raised to his lips, doing nothing to hide the roguish smile that paints his features as he leans over the desk on an elbow, familiarity with the staff granting him a pass for casual mischief despite his challenger status. [break][break]

Did Alex check the names on the gym registry before meeting his challenger? Angelo hoped not. If only to see the look on his friend and avian-teacher’s face when he turned the corner to see him waiting with a competitive, friendly smirk. [break][break]

And with a newly evolved Swellow to show off and an Aerodactyl waiting right outside, it was something of a surprise family reunion.

[break][break]

+ // gym battle[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.angelo]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a1b6d7[/newclass]

[newclass=.angelo b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,042 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i of the storm [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 21:31:25 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Today, Alexei was out at one of the three aviaries tending to the last of the hatched Swablu chicks when he heard a voice crackling over the earpiece he wore.

“What, already?!” he said as he tapped the earpiece. His other arm was currently playing roost to several baby Swablu he was in the middle of feeding. They were just too cute!

The thing is, he knew they would eventually have to fly out into the wild, to follow their parents and experience the world. They would only be here for another day or two at the most.

“Alright, give me like… just tell ‘em to wait. I’m just finishing up here at one of the aviaries.”

Eventually, the last of the hatchling Swablu were fed, before he gently let them float away and he let himself out of the aviary. Making sure to stop by and get cleaned up, he then made the turn to the front and opened the door—

Only to come face to face with a very familiar face, smirking at him.

“A—Angelo?!” he exclaimed, very much surprised by the other’s arrival. “Wait, don’t tell me—”

He caught sight of a… wait a second.

“Is that—?!”

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
i of the storm [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2021 21:29:04 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
He doesn’t mind the wait. Not in this instance, anyway. He’s acquainted well enough with Alex – and the spring chaos that’s overtaken the Sanctuary – to know he wouldn’t keep a challenger watching the clock for long.[break][break]

The courier occupies the time by chatting with the receptionist, giving her companionable yet surface level attention with smiles and small talk. All the while holding onto his competitive, restless energy through fidgeting taps of his shoes on the hard floor. Maintaining the swirling wind’s tempo as it softly howled against the edges of their human container, keeping it bottled so as to unleash and throw himself into its guiding gale later.[break][break]

The door opening fills the room temporarily with the chirping of birds from outside, drawing Angelo’s gaze. His teeth only becoming harmlessly sharper as the approaching gym leader’s expression slips from one stage of surprise to another. [break][break]

At the attention directed towards him, Major hops to the edge of the reception desk with a tilted beak pointed high – preening in pride. [break][break]

Hey, Alex. Weren't taking a nap with the Swablu chicks again, were you?” Angelo greets casually, turning his attention away from the receptionist to face the owner. There's a flash of satisfaction in the swirl of blue eyes as the other man jumps from focus to focus, seemingly unaware of the motives behind his ‘apparent’ impromptu visit. At least, he enjoys it for the briefest of moments, Angelo unable to resist dropping a hint as Alexei gasps and awes at the identity of the Swellow. [break][break]

Not your challenger for today. She’s outside.

[break][break]

[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,042 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i of the storm [gym]
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 23:45:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Do I look like I was napping with them? I just finished feeding them, you know, don’t take me to be such a slacker,” he teased back with this indistinguishable shit-eating grin on his face.

At the mention of the word ‘challenger’ though, his eyebrows go up for the briefest of moments.

“Wait, what?” he began, blinking as he looked over at the receptionist who had an equally shit-eating grin on her face as well.

“Are you serious?!” he blurted out a few moments later, before hearing a cackle coming from the desk before the sound of clacking keys came from where the receptionist sat, trying her hardest to suppress her mith (and failing fantastically).

“Oh so it that why you came in the other way?” he continued.

“So—who’d you bring for your challenge today, hm?” he continued, eyes still doing a double-take at the Swellow. There was something that felt…familiar about the Swellow but he couldn’t place where.

At least, not yet anyway.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
i of the storm [gym]
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 21:56:00 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Seems he’s not the only one who finds the situation an amusing one, the receptionist’s quiet cackle only encouraging Angelo to grin wider as he pushes himself away from the desk. “You really thought I wouldn’t come to take your crown one day, Alex buddy?” That smile only proved to sharpen then, tilt of his chin playful as its raised in a taunting lift, jesting... but not entirely without challenge. [break][break]

How could Angelo resist the allure of two sky riders, taking to the clouds in a duel of flight mastery against each other and the elements? [break][break]

Yeah. Wouldn’t have the same effect if I challenged you in the hatchery, would it?” The courier confirms, striding with confident steps across the room and past the gym leader. There’s a beckoning wave of his hand, a gesture to follow him outside, as Alex’s next question is poised. “Have a bit of patience, Alex. You’ll see.
[break][break]

With a secretive curl of his lips thrown back at his friend, Angelo pushes open the door and steps out into the fair weather. Alex would see. It would be impossible not to see her, really.
[break][break]

There, barely a foot from the building an Aerodactyl waits for them. Luna smiles, ferocious teeth bared in a beautifully harmless display at Alex, letting out a croon of familiarity as she tries to shove her head in through the door.
[break][break]

So, how about it? Luna's been looking forward to showing you what she's got.” In other words: Angelo had been the one looking forward to the impending sky showdown. 
[break][break]

Calloused hands rise to Luna’s snout, then her neck in a firm push, to encourage her to back up enough so they can leave the Sanctuary reception building. They can't do this kind of battle inside, after all.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,042 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i of the storm [gym]
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 17:28:27 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“It was inevitable,” he agreed.

Who knew if the other person he’d met () would come by and eventually do the same as what Angelo was at, right now?

There were few people who loved Flying-types—well, Flying as an entire theme that he knew of, so to have them come here and actually get the chance to face off in ‘aerial combat’ was nothing short of the highest honor he could ever bestow on any of them.

“Also, why the hell would you want to challenge me in the hatcheries? That’s nuts,” he chuckled as he followed the other out—

And then he realized just who Angelo had brought along today.

“Oh, hello there,” he began, also trying to throw his weight against the door because holy cow, the very same klutzy Aerodactyl that had spent a substantial amount of time in the Sanctuary was here! Back—

“Looks like I already know who I’ll be flying with on this challenge,” he said in Angelo’s direction with this shit-eating grin on his face.

He normally left Terra out of these challenges because he was part of the Pokémon squad that brought down hell whenever one of the terrains was summoned up—

Looks like he would have to reverse his game plan a little bit.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
i of the storm [gym]
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 19:56:35 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
As soon as the door is able to be properly opened, Luna encouraged backwards enough by harmlessly rough hands for their bodies to slip by, both men are able to escape the reception building. Major swiftly follows behind, swooping through the entrance with a flap of wings as they leave to greet Fortree Sanctuary; familiar grounds instantly meeting them with the chirping of the residents, sunshine and piney scents from the nearby forest.[break][break]

Well, don’t leave me in suspense,” an eyebrow is quirked, returning Alex’s shit-eating grin with a lazy one of his own, fingertips patting the Aerodactcyl’s muzzle as she nudges against him. “Not like you haven't done enough of that already today, Alex buddy.” That slow smile becomes more like a challenging flash of teeth then, as Angelo playfully targets the gym leader’s tardiness. [break][break]

The goggles that had been dangling around his neck are adjusted, perching now on his forehead as the flier awaits their match, every nerve itching in hungry anticipation for the rush of adrenaline and the feel of nothing but wing and wind beneath him. [break][break]

So then, how’re we doing this? I already put down my preference when I signed my name up way back when. Non-Traditional, right?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,042 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i of the storm [gym]
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 15:46:19 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Good, good.

Angelo knew how it went—plus he also came prepared.

“Brownie points for you,” he chuckled as he fished out his own flying goggles and let them perch in his hair.

“So, two choices, but obviously you already made your pick. Still gotta give you the rundown of the second option. Second non-trad option is aerial jousting—don’t worry, there are safety nets that are ready to be strung up just in case someone does decide to pick that option,” he said with another chuckle.

“Second non-trad option is basically aerial jousting. First to three points wins. You already know the first one, I mean, you must’ve seen a few challenges like that happening on some days you’re volunteering, right?” he went on with the same shit-eating grin.

Instead of summoning Gabriel or Kyouya, it was Terra this time that came out—having heard from other little birds around the place that the other Aerodactyl had returned.

He then handed a blindfold to Angelo, “I trust you to blindfold her,” and he then did the same to Terra, who let out a huff before allowing Alexei to cover his eyes.

“Hope you’re ready to get wet,” he chuckled as the storm clouds gathered above them. The rumbling was all the warning they would have before the torrential downpour started.

“See you on the other side of the storm!” he said as he mounted Terra and flew off into the concentrated storm, snapping the goggles down because visibility within the rain sphere was almost zero.

A test of trust, and courage—several loud peals of Thunder came crashing down; accompanied by gale-force Hurricane winds.

Part 1: Navigation! (1 / 5)

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
i of the storm [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2021 20:12:13 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

Can I trade the brownie points for real ones later?” Are Angelo’s parting words to Alexei as the gym leader takes to darkening skies. His friend was a good baker, nobody could blame him for trying.[break][break]

Alone on the ground with but his pokemon for company, he gives Luna a beckoning wave so that he can fasten the strip of fabric over her eyes. The Aerodactyl lets out a throaty rumble as she nears enough to rest her chin on his shoulder, seemingly unconcerned as her tamer ties the blindfold in place. [break][break]

We got this, Loony. You gotta show Terra how much you’ve grown since you left.And kick his ass, he privately thinks, as Angelo firmly pats her neck how she likes. Cerulean eyes turn to the Swellow, Major’s head tilting to the side, as if questioning his part in all of this. Unfortunately for the proud bird, he would yet to have a part to play – perhaps later in the gym challenge. [break][break]

Go on ahead, Major. We’ll meet you on the other side,” he grins, climbing onto Luna’s back and snapping his own goggles over his eyes as the thunder above rolls. Ominous, forboding and sending an addictive chill down Angelo’s spine. [break][break]

With a press of his heels into the Aerodactyl’s sides, large, leathery grey wings unfurl; stirring the wild winds like she were slicing through paper, the prehistoric pokemon takes to tempestuous skies.

[attr="class","angelotag"]

[attr="class","angelonotes"]

notes.

n/a.

[attr="class","angelopokes"]

[newclass=.angelo] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo b] color: #95a2b5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a] text-decoration: none; color: #95a2b5; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #95a2b5; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo i] color: #95a2b5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #95a2b5; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelotag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelotag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelonotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #95a2b5; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #95a2b5; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelow] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelo span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelopokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #95a2b5; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelopokes img] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,042 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i of the storm [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 4:26:04 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Up where Alexei was flying ahead, the downpour was only getting stronger; the wind—picking up in speed.

“Really, guys?” he said as he tapped the ear piece, before the tinny sound of laughter rang out.

At the same time this happened, a peal of Thunder came crashing down too close to where he was flying; forcing him to divert all of his attention to making sure that Terra didn’t just go directly into the damned thing (and ended up getting them both toasted).

“Careful, careful,” he hissed in the Aerodactyl’s direction, who let out a confused noise. Then he remembered that he was going up against Luna, and so strengthened his resolve to fly blind through the downpour.

A sudden microburst of Hurricane-force winds threatened to unseat him—and Angelo, as well, wherever the other was in the localized storm.

Another peal of Thunder would come crashing down close to where the courier would be headed.

Danger, everywhere.

Part 1: Navigation! (2 / 5)

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
i of the storm [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2021 15:14:32 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

Rain makes quick work of Angelo’s clothes, dampening the fabric until it sticks damp and chill against tanned muscle. Wind is like knife through paper in these conditions, biting and merciless. [break][break]

Yet Angelo does not curl inward towards Luna’s heat, seeking shelter. Crisp air is sucked up into greedy lungs, fuelled by the static that thrums through dark clouds and ozone that tickles his cheeks. Cerulean eyes alive when his chest fills and his blood soars – one with the storm. [break][break]

Rain streaks over the lens of his goggles, fogging vision and yet Angelo’s gaze remains sharp. Shards of clear ice, peering through the gloom as the weather begins to turn wild and untameable. He loves its dangerous nature, just as he respects it… [break][break]

Left in five, four…” Thunder groans through the clashing clouds, louder and metallic coats tongues. His sights locked on familiar signs, rolling in fast. “Now!”[break][break]

With a dig of his heels and a lean of his weight, Angelo guides the Aerodactyl into a swift change of trajectory. Luna banking left to swerve around the clash of THUNDER that cascades from gloomy skies, wing membranes rippling from the wind until he’s encouraging her to even out again. [break][break]

Steady, Luna. I’ve got you, just find your bearings…”[break][break]

Sharp teeth flash as the Aerodactyl releases a sudden, high-pitched screech. SUPERSONIC blasts directed towards her flight path, her call rippling out in an invisible cone, Luna navigating where Angelo can’t through the perceived darkness with sound.
[break][break]
Sonar bouncing and feeding back against the shape of the tangible. Earth, rocks… And maybe even , himself.

notes.

[break][break]

x angelo directs luna from above.[break]
x luna uses supersonic as a sonar to detect physical object locations.

[newclass=.angelo] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a] text-decoration: none; color: #95a2b5; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #95a2b5; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #95a2b5; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelotag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelotag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelonotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #95a2b5; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #95a2b5; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelopokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #95a2b5; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,042 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i of the storm [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2021 19:17:10 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The howling downpour was picking up in intensity, before he heard the crackling over the sound of the torrential rain.

“We got a situation—and this time it’s an actual weather one. It’s legit raining right now.”

“What?”

“Yeah, the weather report’s come in just now from the Institute—talk about delays—and looks like it’s going to rain buckets now. Good luck out there!”

“Well, shit,” was all he could say—of course they were going to take advantage of this right now. He could see funnels of wind amongst the near-zero visibility downpour that was now drenching them to the bone, before a flash of Thunder not too far behind him reminded him that they were still in the middle of things.

“Terra, careful!” he had moments to hiss before a sudden updraft very nearly unseated them; which caused the Aerodactyl to do an unrehearsed barrel roll away from the column of air—barely making it away in the nick of time.

…only for them to almost get toasted by another Thunderbolt.

“They really want to kill us, huh?” he chuckled darkly.

“So be it.”

Over where Angelo was flying, a similar underdraft would attempt to catch them by surprise; the force of wind so strong it may potentially unseat them. The clouds rumbled overhead, the rain was coming down in frigid sheets—certainly much colder than Rain Dance-induced weather, now.

Part 1: Navigation! (3 / 5)

there is an actual downpour happening right now, so expect to be soaked even after getting out of the localized storm!

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
i of the storm [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2021 16:12:52 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

Traversing through the chaotic depths of a storm is oft advised to be avoided, should one value their lives. For squalls and tempests and maelstroms have the power to bring planes to earth or sink vessels into the deep, should the warnings not be heeded – its power not respected.[break][break]

But when you’re locked in the eye, what else can you do besides take those lessons engraved into every atom and fly.[break][break]

Defy.[break][break]

Stay alert. Wind and rain are getting heavier,” he reports over the howl of the elements, cerulean eyes shielded behind the lens pointed ahead, over swirling fields of dark cloud and illuminating flashes of electricity. Voice crisp and smooth, not shuddering, even when Angelo is soaked through and his skin prickles with more than static. “But maintain this altitude, Lu. Doing good, baby.”[break][break]

Through the use of Supersonic, sound waves had bounced like sonar off the earth, feeding back to Luna so she was aware of the distance between herself and the earth. Allowing her to keep her trajectory without worry of scraping too close to the grounding herself. [break][break]

It's then that the blast of wind threatens to knock Luna’s balance from below, while a peal of thunder rolls from above.[break][break]

Heartbeat thundering like the skies above, Angelo’s frozen fingers grip tight as Luna releases a blast of air from a sudden wing strike. DEFOG momentarily blowing away a portion of cloud and cancelling out the draft from below, pushing them forward, higher into the air as they perform a wingover turn to avoid a bolt of light. Never losing momentum. [break][break]

For a second from the DEFOG, his vision clears in a brief respite, allowing Angelo to get his bearings to direct Luna back on course. “Pitchback around.

notes.

[break][break]

x uses defog to momentarily clear the air and avoid/cancel out the draft.[break]
x defog: "A strong wind blows…"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,042 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i of the storm [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2021 17:46:16 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

With the weather being disturbed by the momentary burst of Defog, the pounding rain continued to pour down in thick, wet sheets.

The rumbling in the air intensified as fog began setting in; making the bad visibility much worse than it already was. Wind continued to howl, and the orchestrated chaos continued to increase in a crescendo of noise.

“Are you going to switch weather after you clear the storm?”

“You think I can switch? It’s already raining, so this might become a singular challenge because of the rain!” he replied, static bursting in and out and causing the line to become shaky.

A sudden downdraft almost knocked him off-course, but thankfully there was no accompanying burst of lightning that followed afterward. The Aerodactyl had to go into an unrehearsed barrel roll just to avoid the downdraft from knocking them out of the air.

It was like the place was turning into ‘the Thunder Plains’ now as several bolts of Thunder shook the area, several coming too close to where Angelo and Luna were currently flying.

Part 1: Navigation! (4 / 5)

there is an actual downpour happening right now, so expect to be soaked even after getting out of the localized storm!

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
i of the storm [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2021 21:06:03 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

DEFOG explodes outwards from a strong stroke of Luna’s wings when their bank turn comes to completion, mist repelled away across dark skies as Aerodactyl and rider level out. Back on course after their momentary detour. [break][break]

High off the altitude and the prickling sensation of static tickling up drenched skin, of ozone swirling thick within the storm, Angelo releases a defiant laugh in the face of a cluster of flashes in the distance. Electricity coating monstrous, swollen black clouds with threads of haunted, vibrant violent. [break][break]

Surely, they’d finally been greeted by the crescendo of the storm, multiple thunders preparing to descend like a gauntlet for the damned and foolish… [break][break]

There was no other way but forward. [break][break]

Leaning forward, Angelo flattens himself close along the stretch of Luna’s rough, slate neck. Fingers gripping onto hard skin, uncaring of the way it scrapes, when all of his focus fixates upon the tempest. [break][break]

I know you can outfly that.” [break][break]

Muscles tense a fraction of a breath before Luna shoots forward, attuned to the feel of her own limbs shift in preparation before the launch. [break][break]

With a strong explosive downward stroke of her wings, AGILITY pushes Luna to dart in and out of the spears of thunder with furious, graceful velocity. Transforming them into a blur of grey, near indistinguishable from the storm around them. [break][break]

Like they’re one with it…

notes.

[break][break]

x uses defog to clear the fog.[break]
x uses agility to avoid the multiple thunder strikes