Lil Birdie [C]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Lil Birdie [C]
POSTED ON May 6, 2021 17:56:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronelight"]

tag
notes
- Social with Gavin

- Words; 389

6:34am

Robbin couldn't quite describe the feeling she had gotten when she rolled over that morning to check her phone and saw an email by a rocket underboss. Her mind frantically searched for a mental image of the ranks, counting her way to underboss. She stared at the notification for a long time, but eventually she let out a breath and opened it.

'Meet me at my office later today at two,'

There was a brief flutter of freedom from the wave of uneasiness. It was simple and to the point. But, was it too simple and curt? Maybe she had done something, or maybe she hadn't done enough somethings. Did Jaws snap at someone, did she just not make the cut anymore? Too many questions assaulted the inside of her head as she got up for the day and decided to make it future her's problem.

2:11pm

Future Robbin swore up and down as she rushed towards the offices. She nearly knocked one grunt over as she made a sharp turn, their feet mingling in an awkward stumbling dance before she forcefully shoved him into a wall to get him out of the way and zipped by with a brief sorry.

Frazzled by that encounter she didn't take the time to smooth her hair dark colored hair or really give herself time to prepare as she barged straight into Gavin Merlino's office.

There she stood awkwardly in the doorway, she could feel heat pricking her cheeks as she understood a few seconds too late she should have knocked before barging in. Slowly she extended her wrist and gently knocked on the already wide open door.

"Hey!" She put on a cheery face as she stepped into the room and pushed the door closed. "I got an email from you this morning, I'm sorry that I'm a little late I--" She paused, thinking back to an hour ago when her bouffalant had knocked over a toddler which resulted in her getting scolded by the mother and beaten with a surprisingly hard toy car. "--I got a little lost," she lied, though she was brand new so maybe it was plausible.

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Merlino," She didn't know what to do with her body so she did a small dip of her head in a sign of respect.

[/div]
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Lil Birdie [C]
POSTED ON May 6, 2021 20:48:25 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
At 2:00PM on the dot, Gavin looks at his phone. His lips press into a thin, dissatisfied line.

Eleven minutes later, the door to his office opens. It is not without warning; the thick metal door is heavy, groans with the effort of being forced aside. The underboss blinks at his unwanted guest, takes in her frazzled appearance and the flush to her cheeks. It would seem she hadn't spent his wasted time on pulling herself together.

She knocks, belated. He stares, and does not speak.

It's not until she's finished her introductions that he moves at all, opening a drawer in his desk to deposit his phone. There's a pleasant, jingling sound, and the now-closed door glows with a faint, pink energy.

"Next time, you won't be late." He gestures to a chair. "Sit."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Lil Birdie [C]
POSTED ON May 6, 2021 21:22:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar

tag
notes
- Social with Gavin

- Words; 389

Robbin had expected a worse reaction, but she was gladded to see that her lateness wasn’t going to be an issue at the moment.

The hair on Robbin’s neck stood on end at the sound of jingles, turning back she saw the door close on its own with a pretty pink glow around it. “I bet you have a 100% throw rate with your pokeballs,” She commented, trying to contain all the questions she wanted to ask about what she just saw.

“Of course, that won’t happen again,” Robbin said quickly, taking a seat.

She sat for a moment, her hands raised above her lap as she debated if she should cross her legs ‘like a lady’. Her legs fidgeted but she instead held her hands in her lap. Then, she gave the proper attention to her superior, an amber and blue eye focusing on Gavin.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Lil Birdie [C]
POSTED ON May 6, 2021 21:29:59 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin is, admittedly, incredibly curious as to how she'd come to that conclusion. It shows in the tilt of his head, the furrow of his brow, but he doesn't ask. The desk drawer into which his phone had been deposited is locked, too, but this time Klefki merely presents Gavin with its key.

@robbin contains within her the seemingly limitless energy of youth, fidgeting with thoughts the underboss can't fathom.

"Your file marks you as a recent recruit." He'd read it thoroughly before the meeting. "Robbin. What is it that you hope Team Rocket will do for you?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Lil Birdie [C]
POSTED ON May 6, 2021 22:10:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar

tag
notes
- Social with Gavin the wizard

- Words; 155

Robbin watched the pokemon with delight, she had a fondness for fairy type pokemon. “A klefki,” she whispered to herself. She was pulled back to reality by the sound of Gavin’s question.

“I hope that being within rocket gives me a greater chance at getting every pokemon.” She paused, “just one of each.” It was a very simple desire. “My sins are gluttony and greed, or maybe I'm just a curious collector,” she shrugged, “depends on your point of view.”

“Now I get to ask a question.” She said abruptly before he could open his mouth. She sensed he would let her babble if she never stopped or talked over him a teeeeny bit.

“While I could ask why you’re vibing with rocket, honestly, I am more interested in why your door closed with nobody near it,”

“You’re a wizard,” she decided, but her eyes nearly sparkled with anticipation as she waited for his true answer.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Lil Birdie [C]
POSTED ON May 7, 2021 12:27:27 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
She talks over him with excitement, rather than arrogance, and he lets it slide. There is a long pause before he speaks again, as if expecting her to find some new tangent on which to run.

When she doesn't, he says, "A wizard would hardly give up their secrets." The same, gentle jingle that preceded the door's closure sounds again as the Klefki floats up above the desk. It seems to understand that @robbin is drawn to it, hovers close and spins so that its collection of keys rattles in greeting. "The door is heavy; it closed on its own because of gravity, nothing more. Klefki only locked it."

It had been a fairy lock, to be precise. Gavin doesn't explain the reasoning behind locking the door.

"Should you use your collection to our benefit, Rocket will certainly aid you in acquiring more. Now, how far are you willing to go for us?"

The mood in the room shifts with his intensity, long fingers laced as he leans foward.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Lil Birdie [C]
POSTED ON May 7, 2021 13:27:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar

tag
notes
- Social with Gavin

- Words; 366

Robbin held a hand in front of her mouth as she giggled, “I suppose they don’t.” When she saw the pokemon come back into view her eyes locked back onto it as if drawn by a magnet, "but I think your assistant squealed," she mused.

Robbin gasped, “Oh, hello!” when the klefki decided to greet her. She enjoying the pretty song that they played, now that there was a clarity the jingling wasn’t as scary or eerie as she first thought.

“My mawile would like you quite a bit,” She said, tapping one of the balls at her hip. She rarely balled her pokemon but she didn’t want anything to happen to them so she held them protectively close to her in this meeting.

“I suppose this lil dude would have the outstanding catch rate and not you,” She teased, turning back to Gavin.

The next question was her least favorite to answer as it made her sunny mind cloud with conflict. Her eyes lost their shine, her shoulders slouched and her thumb nail gently dug into her finger, stabbing over and over. There were dull white patches where she was jabbing, showing years of harmful habit.

“Rocket’s my home, I have nobody to go to and nowhere to run besides Rocket now.” Her smile sad.

“You can think of me as a puppy,” she continued, “train the puppy, give it a home, throw treats every now and then, and it’ll be blindly loyal.” A feeling of inferiority began to swarm her as she gazed up at Gavin who made her feel she was making a deal with a devil. Her perky persona was faltering, the rose colored filter distorting.

“This is long term, end of life term probably. I mean, if I get really old I might run away to the wilderness and die there peacefully. Otherwise I expect a mistake here to kill me and end my relations with rocket,” was that mistake resulting in a pokemon killing her, a superior outraged and letting it out on her, falling off a cliff, etc… she didn’t know.

“I am prepared to die for rocket, essentially, in exchange for pokemon and a place to return to,”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Lil Birdie [C]
POSTED ON May 7, 2021 15:19:50 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Mawile seems to catch Gavin's attention, expression shifting to one of keen interest even if he doesn't comment.

He thinks, after @robbin's jest, that he understands her earlier remark.

As he'd expected it would, her bright and youthful demeanor shifts with the mood of the room. Good. It means she's taking him seriously, that she sees Rocket for what they are and not through the ideals of youth. That she hadn't, as Gavin had in his youth, seen power without consequence.

"Your expectations are realistic. Good. It means you'll be careful. It means you won't run, even if you're given the option, because you understand what will happen if you do." She is right to see him as devil; there is a darkness that lingers in his gaze — and beyond it, invisible, the reason it exists at all. Orders are orders. Blindly, even if it kills you. He blinks, and it's gone. "Then I expect we'll work well together."

He pulls out a pokeball, sets it on his desk, and presses the button. A Mimikyu emerges from its prison, a flash of something dark vanishing beneath a well-kept fabric disguise. Its 'head' lolls as it looks at Robbin.

"Consider this a gesture of faith." He picks up the empty ball and tosses it lightly toward her. "Do well for Rocket, and see that favour returned."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Lil Birdie [C]
POSTED ON May 7, 2021 16:15:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar

tag
notes
- Social with Gavin

- Words; 381

Robbin listened intently to his next words and determined she had given him an answer he liked.

A warm pit filled her stomach as she was under his dark gaze. Her nail created a slit where it had been jabbing, a small bead of blood quickly covered by her other hand in hope he didn't notice. Her fear was starting to show, that gaze ebbing away at her.

"I can only run here," She replied dully, averting her eyes, wanting to change the topic.

When a pokeball was placed in front of her she instinctively she leaned in on it, the scared look that was seeping through was wiped away at once.

When the button was pressed she didn’t expect the disguised pokemon mimikyu to look up at her. It's little head lolling making her heart ache.

‘Consider this a gesture of faith.’ she gently caught the empty ball that was tossed her way, looking between it and the pokemon.

She bit her bottom lip to contain a squeal as she realized this was now her mimikyu not his. Quickly she pulled one of the balls from her hip and released Jaws, her mawile. He stretched his short arms and the mighty jaw twitched and yawned widely. It lingered close to it’s trainer, taking everything in.

“It’s a fairy party,” She said, giving Jaws a comforting pat on the head and ecstatic glance to the mimikyu.

“Thank you so much, Mr. Merlino!” Robbin would have hugged him but they were both sitting and a desk was between them so this was the best she could do.

Then, she took a moment and approached the mimikyu. “Hi there, I bet you’re happy to be out of that dusty desk. How about we go for a stroll?” Her voice is gentle and sweet, as if not to scare it away. “Jaws has been dying to have a fairy friend,” she added as they trotted over.

The head lolled from side to side before they moved to the edge of the desk, glanced back at it’s old master, and dropped to the ground with a flutter of cloth and a thud.

"Mim!"

Robbin nodded her head and returned to her seat.

“Did you need anything else?” Robbin asked, clearly in a more cheery mood.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Lil Birdie [C]
POSTED ON May 7, 2021 16:44:26 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"That's right."

He watches her interaction with the Mimikyu, takes notes in the fabric of his mind. The gift had served a purpose twofold: loyalty, and experiment. Would she treat it as tool, or trusted companion? Her demeanor suggests the latter.

It seems to have brightened her spirit, but he trusts she will not forget the gravity of his lesson. He shakes his head.

"No. Do you need anything from me?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Lil Birdie [C]
POSTED ON May 7, 2021 17:20:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar

tag
notes
- Social with Gavin

- Closing

- Words; 133

Hearing that this was all she was needed for she proceeded to put both of the pokemon back into their balls. The meeting, in her opinion, went overall pretty smooth. She felt like she had a bit better of an understanding of an underboss, but not a whole lot. He hadn’t talked much and the most he gave were passing expressions, but it was enough.

“Well then, thank you for having me! I’m sure we will see each other soon,” She stood up and did the same awkward head bow she had done when she entered the room. She waited for the klefki’s jingle to fill the room and the door to unlock and be opened.

Robbin gave a little wave to the floating keys before exiting, she needed to clear her head.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Lil Birdie [C]
POSTED ON May 8, 2021 4:38:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@robbin