awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
You Again?! A Family Reunion!!
POSTED ON May 8, 2021 21:14:16 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

The Lilycove Contest Hall. The dense, air-conditioned building on the southern side of the town at the very coast of the eastern seaboard. Trainers congregated here on a regular basis to engage in a different kind of contest, a battle of aesthetics and mind-games rather than raw power. It was this type of venue that the two of them seemed drawn to; one out of career instincts and the other out of sheer curiosity.

Casey tried to push his way in, only for the electronic double-doors to cave, and leave him to fall and eat shit on the thinly carpeted tile floor. Marveling at the size of the venue, the place that could seat thousands if need be, he looked around. The fluorescent lights were a neutral white, careful to not tint people's carefully chosen outfits. He stood there, his reddish pink undercut standing on his head and framing his face like leaves atop a strawberry.

He stood there in his navy-blue tracksuit and pikachu-yellow crop-top, and with the second of attention he had, he had his own professional obligation to take care of. He stood slowly and kind of swung his hips, trying to flash the logos at as many people as possible. He'd been sent the package by a local streetwear brand, and had to fulfill his part of the deal to keep it.

Noticing a vaguely familiar face, framed by pink hair in a relaxed ponytail, he walked towards her with a slight grin, and waited for a moment to address her. "Is that... Melody! Oh my! How have you been?!" He asked, with more hope than willpower. He didn't know how to not look like a fool if it was a stranger that he'd just accosted.

TL;DR: Casey moved to Lilycove, and made his way to the contest hall. After a moment to get his bearings, he reaches out to his cousin.
close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,214 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 3:29:21 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","Mellytempy"]

[attr="class","Mellytempyhead"]

[attr="class","Mellytempyheadimg"]

[break]
REBORN

[attr="class","Mellytempybody"]

[attr="class","Mellytempybodysub"]

[attr="class","Mellytempybodysubspan"]

#Info!

Melody's theme

Melody had been back in lilycove to visit some family and visit the contest hall. She had fun in zac's recent urban contest so she figured she'd go and look up what other sorts of contests were going on. That's where she ran into a face she never expected to see! "Casey!" [break][break]

she shouted as she turned around. She ran up to him and gave him a big ol squeeze as she was the radiant sunshine of her family and loved them all. "What are you doing here?! are you moving in with ?! He became the gym leader of mossdeep!" [break][break]

she exclaimed excited that he was even here, so excited she forgot to even tell him that SHE was a gym leader now. "Oh my gosh look at you! You're not as tall as I remember anymore! HAH!" she teased him as he was the older one.

[attr="class","Mellytempybotbor"]

[attr="class","Mellytempybot"]

[attr="class","Mellytempybot2"]
notes notes notes notes

[attr="class","clearcredit"]CLEAR CODES

[googlefont=Abril Fatface][googlefont=Playfair Display:600][googlefont=Open Sans][googlefont=Raleway][googlefont=Hind Siliguri]

[newclass=.Mellytempy]background-image: url(https://images2.imgbox.com/7f/f1/7ZPC1dNa_o.png); background-color: #333333; padding: 18px; width: 450px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.Mellytempyhead]border-top: solid 10px #72b4ff; background-color: #0d0d0d; color: #72b4ff; font: 62px Abril Fatface; height: 85px; width: 450px; letter-spacing: -3px; padding: 0px; line-height: 22px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.Mellytempyheadimg]float: left; line-height: 0px; z-index: 2;[/newclass]

[newclass=.Mellytempybody]background-color: #141414; padding: 12px 20px 20px 20px; max-width: 450px; font: 11px Open Sans; color: #858585; text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.Mellytempybodysub]max-width: 410px; padding: 3px; border-top: solid 1px #72b4ff; margin-bottom: 10px; display: flex; justify-content: space-evenly;[/newclass]

[newclass=.Mellytempybodysubspan]display: inline-block; font: 11px Playfair Display!important; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #72b4ff!important; text-transform: uppercase; overflow: hidden; padding: 0px 12px 0px 12px; font-weight: 600;[/newclass]
[newclass=.Mellytempybodysubspan a]font: 11px Playfair Display!important; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #72b4ff!important; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 600;[/newclass]

[newclass=.Mellytempybotbor]background-color: #1a1a1a; background-image: url(https://images2.imgbox.com/53/21/FDAUgQLv_o.png); padding: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.Mellytempybot]background-color: #1a1a1a; max-width: 262px; color: #701919; font: 12px Abril Fatface; padding: 11px; line-height: 10px; letter-spacing: 3px; text-transform: uppercase; word-wrap: break-word; text-align: justify; margin-right: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.Mellytempybot2]background-color: #1a1a1a; max-width: 262px; color: #5e5e5e; font: 9px Raleway; padding: 11px; line-height: 8px; text-align: justify; width: 105px; display: flex; align-items: center; height: 50px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.clearcredit]line-height: 5px; color: #c592cb; float: right; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clearcredit a]font: 8px Hind Siliguri;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Coordinator/Podcaster/Musician
Admin
rest assured, he's still ripped
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 4:44:33 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

The Lilycove Contest Hall. The dense, air-conditioned building on the southern side of the town at the very coast of the eastern seaboard. Trainers congregated here on a regular basis to engage in a different kind of contest. They seemed to move around the two, going about their business. Some in the lobby even huddled around blender devices that had four buttons instead of one.

Casey's eyes lit up when it turned out it wasn't a mistake. When he could still pick out his cousin's face from the crowd, after years of his dad being 'too busy' for family functions, and him not having the pokemon necessary to trek across the country himself. It was only now that his Barboach was finally a Whiscash, a surface wide enough that he could surf on its back down any sea.

She then ran up and squeezed him, nearly crushing the lanky swimmer/model in her grasp. Ontop of that, she'd grown taller than him?! "I'm moving here, actually. This is a major urban center, with lots of media infrastructure. I'm doing modeling, and I plan on doing pokemon contests soon."

He then heard that the youngest of the three, that baby boy, got a good job with the state. "Wow! That's crazy. He works in Mossdeep now?! I mean, I'm not moving there, but I wouldn't mind crossing the sea and visiting him. Have you heard from him lately?" And the nerve to tease him for being shorter than her! He let out a hearty laugh, and looked up at her. "You thought I was so much bigger than you because we were kids! Everyone's big to you when you're eight, even someone who's ten."

TL;DR: Casey caught up with her!! And heard some stunning news about the little man.
close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,214 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 13:18:57 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]
REBORN

Melody's theme

"That's fair, im still pretty short all things considered, im only 5'4. My heels just make me look taller." she replied. He's moving here! Yes! How awesome! She was genuinely excited that more of her family was moving in, her uncle and aunt were usually not the type to attend family gatherings. Nor were her own parents, she always found it somewhat strange to be honest that they didn't value family as much as she did. She was at least glad that her and her cousin's would be different as they were all much closer thanks to text messaging and stuff of the like. [break][break]

At the mention of him moving to Lilycove for modeling melody once again forgot she was the younger one. She was so proud! "Look at you go! Oh my god! that's amazing Casey!! Good thing you, me, and glitch have such good genetics huh?" she said jokingly using her elbow to prod him a bit playfully.  [break][break]

"My mom and dad still live here, you should visit them! I moved to sootopolis though since I'm the gym leader there too hehe. My music career finally took off when I became gym leader so I finally made enough money to support myself."

notes notes notes notes

[googlefont=Abril Fatface][googlefont=Playfair Display:600][googlefont=Open Sans][googlefont=Raleway][googlefont=Hind Siliguri]

[newclass=.Mellytempy]background-image: url(https://images2.imgbox.com/7f/f1/7ZPC1dNa_o.png); background-color: #333333; padding: 18px; width: 450px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.Mellytempyhead]border-top: solid 10px #72b4ff; background-color: #0d0d0d; color: #72b4ff; font: 62px Abril Fatface; height: 85px; width: 450px; letter-spacing: -3px; padding: 0px; line-height: 22px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.Mellytempyheadimg]float: left; line-height: 0px; z-index: 2;[/newclass]

[newclass=.Mellytempybody]background-color: #141414; padding: 12px 20px 20px 20px; max-width: 450px; font: 11px Open Sans; color: #858585; text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.Mellytempybodysub]max-width: 410px; padding: 3px; border-top: solid 1px #72b4ff; margin-bottom: 10px; display: flex; justify-content: space-evenly;[/newclass]

[newclass=.Mellytempybodysubspan]display: inline-block; font: 11px Playfair Display!important; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #72b4ff!important; text-transform: uppercase; overflow: hidden; padding: 0px 12px 0px 12px; font-weight: 600;[/newclass]
[newclass=.Mellytempybodysubspan a]font: 11px Playfair Display!important; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #72b4ff!important; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 600;[/newclass]

[newclass=.Mellytempybotbor]background-color: #1a1a1a; background-image: url(https://images2.imgbox.com/53/21/FDAUgQLv_o.png); padding: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.Mellytempybot]background-color: #1a1a1a; max-width: 262px; color: #701919; font: 12px Abril Fatface; padding: 11px; line-height: 10px; letter-spacing: 3px; text-transform: uppercase; word-wrap: break-word; text-align: justify; margin-right: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.Mellytempybot2]background-color: #1a1a1a; max-width: 262px; color: #5e5e5e; font: 9px Raleway; padding: 11px; line-height: 8px; text-align: justify; width: 105px; display: flex; align-items: center; height: 50px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.clearcredit]line-height: 5px; color: #c592cb; float: right; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 23:13:09 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

The Lilycove Contest Hall. The dense, air-conditioned building on the southern side of the town at the very coast of the eastern seaboard. It stood on the opposite side of town to the department store and the art museum. People who congregated here did so with purpose. Nobody was out of place.

Casey's looked to the side and thought about it; about how their generation grew up with technology that made it easier than ever to be connected to one another. And that from a young age they were able to intuit how to use it. The thought of having to tie a letter to a taillow and send it off, and maybe not even have it delivered...

She beamed with joy upon him announcing that he was moving in. "I spent too long doing admin work for my dad for free. I saw you on TV and had to make something of myself." She jokingly jabbed his ribs, and would just feel bone! He was quite the tall, skinny guy!

He then heard that Melody had a gym leader position himself. "Wow! That's amazing! Just you wait, I'm putting a team together, so I can atleast attempt the league challenge. I'll surprise him, too." And then, her parents. "I'll talk to them as soon as I can. I just unpacked the other day. Have you talked to them lately? I mean... since you live in Sootopolis now."

TL;DR: Casey caught up with her!! And heard some stunning news about the little man.
close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,214 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 2:44:15 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]
REBORN

@tagged

#Info!

Melody's theme

"yeah we hang out whenever I get some free time, it's not as much as it used to be but it's still something." she says missing glitch a bit since it was nice to have a familiar face among a sea of new ones. However she had to keep going as she knew was still watching her from the sidelines. "I'm glad you said that, makes me feel like what im doing is worth it if im inspiring others, even my own family." [break][break]
She did however smile when he said he wanted to challenge her gym "You better be ready then, I wont hold back not even for you or glitch." she grinned "So what are ya doing here by the way? signing up for a contest?" 

notes notes notes notes

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 4:57:08 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

The Lilycove Contest Hall. The dense, air-conditioned building on the southern side of the town at the very coast of the eastern seaboard. It caught the humid glare of the sun off the nearby ocean, and compensated with incredibly powerful air conditioning units.

Casey smiled, and dropped a blue and yellow pokeball at his feet. A blue creature skirting the line between flotation device and manta ray sprung forth, kind of floating there for a second before he scooped it up into his arms. Just a baby! Beaming up at Melody with its featureless white eyes.

She then promised a challenge he'd have to take seriously. He  smiled eagerly, and nodded. "I look forward to the day we do meet in battle. It'd be no fun if you just rolled over at the first sign of trouble. Anyways, that'll have to happen some other time." Casey said, trying to table this conversation so they could move onto the other topic she brought up.

He nodded at the big Mantyke in his arms, then back at her. "So, I caught this baby recently. They already like me, and I started giving her like... the meat cereal that cops give to their Mightyenas." And then, he remembered he was going somewhere with this train of thought. "I'm putting her through her first contest, soon. It's important that I get my name out there, and that she gets to play with the others. Being in the sea is like the grocery store to me. Everyone's just... alone in public."

TL;DR: He meets her challenge, with no hesitation. Anything less would be disrespectful to her.
close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,214 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 6:22:47 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]
REBORN

Melody's theme

Melody tilted her head, her ponytail bobbing and swaying with the slightest movement of her head. Awww! He had a mantyke too? Her little bigger was a lot of trouble himself. "Meat Cereal?" she said questioning what he just said. [break][break]

"Ohhh, baby's first contest huh? How exciting!" she said patting the head space between mantyke's two antennas, her own really liking that kind of affection. "True, but take a few steps and you see an entirely new perspective of the world. If you just pay closer attention you can learn things that are amazing."  [break][break]

she said as she decided to try and pass on a lesson despite being younger than him. "Try people watching for example, if you do it often in the same spot you'd be surprised how much you can learn. By the way do you need help getting set up? I'm sure I can help you along." she asked him, more than willing to move some tape along for her cousin.

notes notes notes notes

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 6:45:19 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

The Lilycove Contest Hall. The dense, air-conditioned building on the southern side of the town at the very coast of the eastern seaboard. It sat near the Lilycove Drydock, the place where passenger and cargo ships often parked.

He felt like he had to clarify that wild statement. "Y'know, the like... meat flavored dry food that people bulk buy for their pokemon. The stuff that covers their nutritional needs but like... I'm not turning this thing loose in the sea and damaging the ecosystem." Casey said, holding the big baby up as Melody reached a hand out to it.

Casey nodded at Melody, and his face softened a bit. "You're right. There's a whole world outside what my parents let me see that I still need to see for myself." And then, he remembered he was going somewhere with this train of thought. "I appreciate the offer, I really do. But before this, I went online and saw someone put up a personal ad in Lilycove. A student looking for someone to split rent with. And if that isn't enough, I'll figure it out once I'm more established here."

He said confidently, having never figured this sort of thing out before. He'd always stayed one room over in whatever building his father stayed at, as the Comptroller of Fallarbor. The accountant for the sleepy town so often shook to its core by volcanic activity, or an ash deposit keeping everyone inside.

TL;DR: Y'know!! That borderline dog food that they make pokemon eat in the anime. Even the ones that are bipedal and approaching human self-awareness!!
close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,214 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 19:21:29 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]
REBORN

@tagged

#Info!

Melody's theme

Ohhhh that stuff! Melody suddenly realized what product he was talking about and then laughed that he called it meat cereal. She just called it dry food for pokemon. "Ohhhh! That stuff!" she exclaimed as her hand left the mantyke's head "Yeah that's good for them, I give them something similar but with berries and stuff mixed in from sootopolis." she explained since most of her pokemon were caught around the water routes there and she didn't want to feed them. [break][break]
"Oooo ok ok, nice! If they're a weirdo though let me know and I'll come give em the good ol 1 2 punch"
she said mimicking a boxer movement as she jumped up and down a bit and punched his upper arm a bit. "But im glad you're being independent now, it's never too late to start your own journey. Gotta find your rhythm!"

notes notes notes notes

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 3:45:08 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

The Lilycove Contest Hall. The dense, air-conditioned building on the southern side of the town at the very coast of the eastern seaboard. It sat near the Lilycove Drydock, the place where passenger and cargo ships often parked.

He raised both eyebrows at that. Despite this, he wouldn’t pursue that line of conversation. Casey tugged at the lapels of his shirt to straighten it out. The navy-blue tracksuit that looked like it’d never been ironed. He then glanced aside at Melody, 

Casey nodded at Melody, and his face softened a bit. "Oh, they’re... mostly normal. It’s this marine biology student." And then, he remembered he was going somewhere with this train of thought. "We communicate in post-it notes on most days, but we get along just fine. It’s like we’re not in the same place at the same time that often. You should visit sometime. I got really good at cooking all of a sudden."

He said confidently, having bought a pressure cooker. Casey dug a pokeball from one pocket, calling back Mantyke in a red beam. He crammed the metal ball into his pants pocket, and zipped it up. It was long enough to hold atleast six; long enough to shoplift in.

TL;DR: He’s forgetting to ask important questions.
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 0:26:02 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: