6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
larp [m]
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 1:24:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle stands by in front of a makeshift cardboard castle. inside of it were cardboard cutouts of piles of gold and treasure, with an actual treasure chest filled to the brim with gold tokens that substituted for currency for the extra larp experience.

he dresses in a royal garb, which is basically just him in a casual attire with a crown and a cape. the manectric beside him wears a fitting costume, with a dragon head made out of electrically conductive material strapped on his head. dragon wings were there too, but they've grown worn from battles from the stall kyle runs.

a bounty system is set up for his castle. those that want to try pays a fee to try, which then gets added to the prize pool. those that succeed in felling the dragon gets the entire thing. unfortunately, it was only popular for the first half of the day until things got repetitive.

he sits on the throne, slumped. when he sees the first recognizable thing from the crowd, he attempts to get her attention. "yo," he calls weakly, raising a hand lazily to get her attention.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
larp [m]
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 18:09:42 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The feather, she'd been told, was a little too much. Its length extended gloriously past the top of her tricorne hat, a deep blue that was just the perfect height to poke people in the eyes. If they were really tall people, that is. Short people had the clear advantage here.

It's not like Captain Dross is too careful about who she hits with it. She might've done it on purpose a couple of times too, in a suitably dramatic manner.

Better than punching someone, right?

Clad in full pirate regalia, Skyler makes her way through the throng of knights and princesses and a couple of leering monks, surveying the nearby stalls with faint curiosity. She'd taken a look at the axe throwing stall earlier, but the owner had adamantly refused Skyler's participation. 

Rude.

It's only when she catches sight of a slumped figure weakly waving in her general direction that her path diverges, ground-eating steps parting the crowd ahead with stubborn purpose. By her side is a blue canine, its coarse fur poking whoever doesn't get out of the way fast enough. An eyepatch covers one of his green eyes and he has - a mini sword in his mouth. For some reason.

"Boss!"

The greeting comes in the shape of a hand slamming down onto 's shoulder and a halfway drunken grin. A finger pokes at the crown on his head, dislodging it slightly.  "Lookin' good. Are you the princess that needs saving or something?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
larp [m]
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 15:45:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yup. save me from this hell, my prince charming."

kyle gets up from his seat and approaches skyler, hands pushing his hips from the back for a stretch. hours of doing nothing have accumulated to stiffness, and finally seeing a person he can actually talk to was the excuse he had always wanted.

"there's a whole speech about the lore of this cute baby wittle dwagon, but you don't want to hear that." he turns to his manectric briefly when he referred to him. "tl;dr, beat him, you get prizes."

the manectric tilts its head. there's little bloodlust in it when it's away from its friends, which kyle doesn't particularly know if it's a good thing for a pokemon he uses for battles.

"so, do you actually try it or are you just hi back?"

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
larp [m]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 10:40:16 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Captain Dross actually preens under Kyle's words, chest puffing out in a ridiculous attempt to appear larger (her, not her chest). It lasts all of four seconds before a frown creases the space between her brows, having come to the sudden, inebriated realization that she is, in fact, meant to be a pirate and not a prince charming. "I don't think this'll work, boss. Pirates don't save princesses, I'm afraid."

Her stare lowers to the Manetric guarding the entrance to the castle, taking in the whole dragon ensemble with twitching lips. She has to fight the urge to pat its cute head.

Curious, Bonnie approaches on clumsy paws, all too eager to get to know this strange, spiky dog friend. Despite his newly evolved body, it quickly becomes apparent that the Lycanroc is still an overly enthusiastic puppy. He boops noses with his electric counterpart as a greeting of sorts. 

"I could plunder your castle, though." A flash of mischief lights up silver eyes, Skyler's attention shifting back to her friend. The curve of her lips is a plain invitation to partake in some trouble. "Pirate King Skyler does hold a certain appeal."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
larp [m]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 16:50:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
eyes widen with the prospect skyler had given kyle. he recognizes the flash of mischief in her expression, and he's having mixed opinions on this.

"you can try," he tells her in his most shiv tone.

on one hand, it deviates from the story that the organizers wanted to tell. on another, kyle doesn't care enough for him to actually defend their point. in the end, he's sold.

"dragons don't take kindly to trespassers either way so that shouldn't be a problem."

the manectric boops noses back. he's unaware that his trainer plans to get him back to the dragon role soon.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
larp [m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 14:25:49 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, especially those who know her like Kyle, when Captain Dross pulls a whole ass bottle of some kind of drink from a pocket in her coat and takes a generous swig of it. Much to the surprise of those same people, this drink isn't actually alcoholic in nature.

For a brief moment confusion washes over Skyler's expression, then she looks at the Manetric and Kyle and the Manetric again - and realization finally settles in. "Oh, I thought we were going to fight," she tells Kyle, as if punching a friend was an everyday occurrence for the Captain. Perhaps it was.

She takes a couple of steps back. "And I win those too, I take it?" Not like she actually wants the plastic gold, but it's the spirit of the thing. 

Likely feeling his trainer's intentions shifting, Bonnie takes some steps back too, fur sticking up with sudden tension. 

"Sandstorm."

Dust is kicked up in the air and a group of nearby medieval priests swears at them as sand obscures the makeshift battlefield, reducing visibility to practically zero. Skyler makes sure to flip them the bird, too afraid to open her mouth and get a mouthful of sand in it.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
larp [m]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 15:18:55 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
fighting skyler was a big no from kyle. her build was enough to intimidate him despite his own forced workouts with noah, not to mention that there's something scary about getting in a brawl with someone who drinks a lot.

"sorry sky, can't fight you," he apologizes. "it's bad rep for me and totally not because i don't know how to."

when she takes notice of the props, kyle starts to try and recall all terms and agreements. nothing of it mentions the plastic gold. "eh. sure, why not," he answers.

the battle starts and skyler gets sand all over the place. "oh, shit. oh, fuck," kyle mutters as he starts to panic. there will be a lot of cleaning afterwards, and kyle hopes he gets to abuse his status as the region's champion to get out of it.

the manectric follows the 'oh, shit. oh, fuck' command and starts to spread flamethrower everywhere indiscriminately when sand went on its eyes. when it starts burning everything, kyle goes for the fire extinguisher at the back of the castle.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
larp [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 19:08:01 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The sailor has to hold on to her tricorne hat and watch out for her cleavage as the wind whips up into a frenzy around them. Kyle's words are almost swallowed out by the howling, though Skyler can make out the growing sense of panic just before it's cut off by sand and dirt and a tongue of flickering fire that licks at - of all things - her beloved hat.

"Ah - fuck! Shit!" Unknowingly parroting Kyle's curse words, Captain Dross hurries to pat the fire out, letting out a littany of curses as the tips of her fingers come out of the fray slightly singed. 

Unlike his trainer, Bonnie is having the time of his life. Tongue lolling out, and uncaring for the sandy nightmare that he summoned, the canine bounds forward on clumsy puppy legs to find the Manetric in its path. Claws sink into the earth at the last second, but the momentum is too strong and the distance too short, carrying the Lycanroc to slam against its electric counterpart in an unintentional ACCELEROCK.

Some distance away, a band of medieval bag pipe players drifts off on a hilariously wobbly note as they take notice of the unfolding cyclone of dust, slowly eating away at the cardboard castle Kyle had been standing in front of.

Further way, local authorities are beginning to take notice of the commotion...

sandstorm (turn 2)
skyler's hat is hit by flamethrower D:
bonnie "uses" accelerock

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
larp [m]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 18:43:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he hears authorities coming in, with people apparently calling for security when they saw the battle escalate into something that disturbs the entire venue. on the bright side, both pokemon seem to be enjoying themselves.

"i'm, uh, leaving. i'm leaving!" he announces.

he whistles for his manectric's attention, only to choke on sand soon after the shrill sound goes off. he pulls away with the cover of the sandstorm, ditching his costume on the scene to prevent detection.

he's not sure if skyler heard of his intentions though. hopefully, she did, else she'd be the only one to explain the disturbance to public peace to the event organizers.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
larp [m]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 17:05:04 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The good news is that the sandstorm doesn't take too long to dissipate. The bad news is that Captain Dross is left standing in the middle of the chaos wrought by her Lycanroc, perfectly visible to the rapidly approaching figures of authority, come to punish whoever had seen fit to unleash a whole sand storm within the space.

Needless to say, Skyler doesn't linger long.

"C'mon, Bonnie, we're going!" She doesn't know where Kyle has gone or even how he managed to sneak away without her having noticed it (probably something to do with the sand flying everywhere), but she doesn't waste any time looking for the comparatively short man (hah! she'd lord that over him another time).

Shouts follow after her as the captain vaults over the sad remnants of a cardboard castle, racing to the tree line and disappearing between the wide tree barks and deep emerald foliage.

Leaving behind a single, singed blue feather.

sandstorm (goes away?)
goodbYE
gotta go

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
larp [m]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 22:33:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: