4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
bladeworks, post-war [o]
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 5:39:19 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
few experience what you really are

Clashes of steel fill one of Rocket HQ's training dojos with the ephemeral brilliance of sparks. Dressed in nothing but a pair of comfortable brown trousers and a grey long-sleeve, Admin raises his katana to guard from an attack delivered by his blue Bisharp's bladed gauntlets. Like the crash of a flowing river, however, the attacks keep coming as he struggles to defend and find an opening.

Warlord Nobunaga of Dragnor once said that to master the sword was to learn how to seamlessly make it an extension of one's body. The royal was well-versed in the art of swordsmanship, of course, having practiced since as far back as he could remember. But Senketsu had been born with these talents, and they'd been well honed in the Bisharp's past experience as a mercenary Pokémon for the world's elite.

"Gah!"

Droplets of blood go airborne after they're freed from the flesh of his left arm. When the black-haired prince staggers backward, seething as the thin cut begins to seep, the Bisharp feigns a retreat— then lunges forward with its arms backward, attempting to capture its opponent in the potentially fatal embrace of its chest blades.

Snickt!

The blades capture nothing but air. In a shower of electric sparks, the admin has suddenly disappeared. It isn't until moments later that he reemerges, sliding open a shoji door and stepping back onto the tatami training mat with a squeeze bottle in one hand.

"I shouldn't have done that. We'll go again in five."

He plainly admits, raising the squeeze bottle to his mouth and satiating his thirst. His new abilities as an avatar had finally blossomed, and it served him well to practice them, yes. But he couldn't rely on them for everything. For all intents and purposes, that had been a rather dire position to be in, and there was little else he could have done to escape it than attempt an unlikely parry or dodge. Though it still felt like an excuse to grow lenient.

Moving towards a rack of weapons and benches against the eastern wall of the dojo, to go sharpen the blade he carries in his other hand, Remiel stops when the shoji door at the entrance slides open. It appears they have a visitor— perhaps, even, a new sparring partner. Senketsu glares at them as they enter, his blades shuddering with anticipation.

"Welcome."

notes: looking for a 1-2 rockets! we can get to know each other better, or you can put your character forward for some sword training— or both!

OPEN
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
bladeworks, post-war [o]
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 21:25:07 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]The submarine doesn't have much to offer Plank. The bunk allotted to her by means of her membership is too cramped and foreign for her to relax within it, the submarine itself too intimate and full of people, but the training facilities are nice. A clean, enclosed space to workout in is something new to her and she took to utilizing it quickly upon discovering it.

Today she'd come to run. It felt like running was all she did lately. If she were the poetic sort she might tag on something frilly like "in more ways than one" to the end of that statement, but she's not. In the most literal sense running (and other exercises) were filling her days end to end lately. Emotions with no clear way out could find relief in the serenity, the flow, that came with a good workout. The ache that followed.

The problem is that sometimes Plank chooses to chase this flow at times when others want to use the space (or at least the spaces nearby). This is the situation today, when her focus on one leg after the other, breathe in-2-3 breathe out-2-3, is broken by an odd and unfamiliar racket. A sharp sound. Like gears grinding in an engine, but shorter. Quicker. More shrill. She might have been able to ignore it if she knew what it was, but curiosity plus noise makes for a distraction too potent to tune out.

So instead she goes looking for it. Maybe it'll make for a good substitute once she tracks it down.

Given a couple minutes of searching she finds the room where the sound is at its loudest, and without preamble slides the door open before shuffling in. One hand in the pocket of her basketball shorts while the other tugs at her sweat-slick tank-top in a short, staccato rhythm.

"It sounds like a klinklang orgy in here. What the fuck are ya doin'?"

As she asks the question she sweeps her eyes over the space. Takes in the stranger standing with sword in hand and the Bisharp posturing in the center of the room. She thinks silently that she's probably already got her answer.

[newclass=.sunshine]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sunshine b]color: #f9993d[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
bladeworks, post-war [o]
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 20:26:02 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

What might have been a laugh instead emerged as a mildly amused snort. Rocket had its fair share of the impolite, foul-mouthed sort. But he'd grown accustomed to it some time ago in social spaces such as these.

"You're standing in a dojo," Remiel explains, stepping forward to set his squeeze bottle at the end of the bench and sit down beside it. "We were training." Carefully, the admin sets the flat side of his sword down across his lap. Then, reaching beneath the bench with a long and well-toned arm, he pulls out a metal basket full of meticulously arranged whetstones and small, neatly folded handkerchiefs. He retrieves one of each before continuing.

The whetstone is momentarily placed beside him as he pats the sweat from his brow dry with the cloth, eyeing the female across from him with an indifferent look. "I'm taking a break... you're free to join me." Sliding the metal basket to his side using his foot, he gestures towards the handkerchief's therein with a nod. "You look like you need it."

notes:

BLADEWORKS
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
bladeworks, post-war [o]
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 21:18:20 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]Plank runs her eyes over the "dojo" lazily while the stranger speaks. Yeah, that explanation lines up with the vibes she was picking up. A similar sword to the ones in the corner rests in the man's lap so she assumes they're training with those specifically. That's sounds cool as hell, actually.

"All this noise was distractin' as fuck, so I guess I'm on a break too," she says plainly, a smirk playing at the corners of her lips. She watches the man fetch out foreign materials, or at least one foreign material. Handkerchiefs are handkerchiefs even if they're being used for whatever the fuck he's doing. On that note, Plank dips her hand into the lot of them once she's been invited to.

"Thanks," she says before running the cloth over her face to get rid of the sweat dripping down her hairline and dangerously close to her eyes. She starts running it over her pits afterwards, and once again looks about the room.

"So what, ya just swingin' that thing around at your pokemon?" she asks casually, pointing towards the Bisharp with her now thoroughly dampened handkerchief, "I don't see any other people here."

[newclass=.sunshine]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
bladeworks, post-war [o]
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 11:46:24 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

The now sweat-stained cloth is set aside beside his squeeze bottle. He raises the slab of carborundum in one hand while steadying his blade on his lap with the other. Before long, he begins to gracefully slide it across the edge of his blade with rhythmic precision. Harmless sparks fly in the direction opposite Plank.

Snickkkkt... snickkkt...

Her casual question is met with a casual response as he continues his work. "... Essentially, yes. Historically, sword fighting has fallen to the wayside for Pokémon battling. And Senketsu is the best of both of worlds, I suppose." Even those few who did practice swordsmanship often proved to be insufficient training partners. The Bisharp knew this, and stood proud knowing it was better than its master in that regard.

"Though there's much more to this art than just 'swinging this thing around'," Remiel adds, daring to shift his cobalt blue eyes away from his task and onto the young girl. "Just as battling is more than just mindlessly butting one Pokémon against the other."

He gauges her expression for a moment, and there's a glimmer of recognition in his pupils before it settles into quiet realization. Turning back to his sword-sharpening with calm dedication, he speaks this realization into existence:

"You're Peggie Vela... from Pacifidlog Town."

notes:

BLADEWORKS
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
bladeworks, post-war [o]
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 4:57:27 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]"Essentially, yes," she mumbles, an amused and mocking parrot of the man's response. Plank can't quite pin down why she finds the phrasing funny; but she does.

As the man dips into nuance she didn't really ask for (but she guesses is interesting enough all the same) Plank wanders over to the edge of the room. To the weapons there. Thoughtlessly she pulls out a sword with her left hand. Holds it up to the light.

"I dunno, my experience with battlin' is that it pretty much is just buttin' pokemon against each other. I mean, in a roundabout way or whatever," she turns around and swings the sword clumsily with one hand. Pop gave her some knife training (she had to have one for ropes anyway, and with the creeps he hung around sometimes he thought it was for the best) but the balance on a whole sword is way different.

It feels kinda cool.

The sound of her name pulls her out of her musings. She looks up with suddenly sharp eyes.

"What's it to ya?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
bladeworks, post-war [o]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 6:22:05 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

The whetstone sharpening comes to an abrupt stop when he sees her lift a blade from the rack. She clumsily swings it a moment later, nearly tensing his muscles in preparation of deflecting a rogue, airborne sword. Thankfully, the hilt remains firmly in Plank's grasp, and the royal can lower his guard again... for now.

He sets his whetstone aside, and assesses his sword's sharpness after lifting it up to eye-level. The silver sheen catches the dojo's light in a glimmer. "I've heard of you in certain circles. I've heard of your father in those same circles as well." Not satisfied, not yet, he carefully sets his sword back down across his lap and picks up his whetstone.

"Do you consider yourself the apple that never fell far from the tree?"

Snickkkkt.

notes:

BLADEWORKS
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
bladeworks, post-war [o]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 5:56:14 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]Plank's expression softens for a moment, pride at being known (at being spoken of in 'certain circles', even) bringing her guard down just a little bit; but then it grows twice as hard at the mention of her father. Her lips twist into a sneer and reveal just a bit of her teeth. Like a Snubbull threatening to bite.

The question is unappreciated, too. She sucks her teeth (a sharp tsk) and turns to meet him fully before responding. The sword in her hand is held tight.

"I 'consider' all o' that none of your fuckin' business."

Sure she could go off about the whole question being stupid, about how the option to 'fall further' from the tree wasn't really one allotted to her, but like she said. It's none of this nosy fuck's business.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
bladeworks, post-war [o]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 22:07:05 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

He's oblivious to her sharp expression, busying himself with continuing to sharpen his blade. It isn't until she speaks that he notices it. But, even then, he only spares the other a glance upwards before returning to his task.

"According to Team Rocket, it is." He calmly replies. She didn't know who he was. Most of Rocket didn't. His identity as 'Remiel Calcifet, executive specializing in the Hoennian political circuit' was a modest one that didn't garner a lot of attention. His identity as 'The Fox, admin in charge of smuggling operations' was far more infamous.

That infamy came with the mask, however. The moment he took it off, he was back to being the paper-pushing executive to most. Only in rare cases did he dare to blend the two identities into one: such as the prospect of Peggie Vela becoming an asset to his cause.

"Your age must act like an obstacle when pursuing a livelihood in this... environment. I can't imagine most are comfortable working with a teenager, for a variety of reasons." He pauses from his sharpening to look up at her again. He's serious. He's unintimidated.

"Have you been smuggling on your own?"

notes:

BLADEWORKS
MADE BY MIZO