Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
reflection [dw]
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 4:24:33 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
@chloe

greyson took a step back, fully embracing the view of the massive city. he heard the rumors. the attacks; the control; the deaths. how many people have walked these streets, never to return home? then, there was the attack by that strange pokemon. has it even been a year yet? he reached into his pocket and retrieved his wallet, eyeing the id that named him as a member of the league. would he be called up next time something like this happened? he could picture his parents faces as they recieved the news that their son had died in the line of duty.

he shook his head of the thoughts, looking upwards at the apricot sky with quick, blinking eyes. the sun would fall soon. an hour? less? the mewing of the flower pokemon around his wrist pulled his attention downwards. "it is a nice view, isn't it?" greyson smiled faintly, petting the tiny pokemon.

"i wonder if the night market was rebuilt?" he asked aloud, to no one in particular. it was one of the biggest appeals to tourist a year ago. "hm."

notes + enjoying the view as dusk begins it's descent. we can spawn pokemon anytime you want, or socialize for now. i'm fine either way. looking forward to the thread!
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
reflection [dw]
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 16:54:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar

As always the lower district was beautiful. Even after all the battles the district went through, the distinct sparkle remained. It’s been awhile since Chloe came to this area of slateport, she would visit it more often but ranger responsibilities kept her occupied. Luckily she had some spare time today and her main goal was to do some shopping, finding that the night market always had great deals compared to other locations. Taking a deep breath she inhaled the refreshing evening air, a medium sized tote bag hung loosely around her right arm and she begins to walk towards her destination, a buizel following after her.

Chloe almost walked past , only stopping when he heard his words. Her head turned slightly back to meet his gaze. “It is open” She notified him cheerfully with a soft smile, Chloe felt without the night market slateport wouldn’t be the same. Her expression softened when she noticed the fairy type pokemon wrapped around the wrist, thinking that it was adorable. “If you’d like, I can show you the way, I was actually headed there myself.

, DW: Electric/Steel.
I’m down for some socialization! We can spawn some after they chat a little, looking forwards to it as well! <33
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
reflection [dw]
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 19:04:18 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
@chloe

"huh?" said greyson without thinking, gaze falling onto the stranger. it's not everyday that something answers back when you're talking to yourself. "oh, i'm sorry." he took a step back, automatically assuming he was in the way, or somehow bothering her. usually greyson was hyper aware of his surroundings and the space he took up. when his head was in the clouds, like it was now, it was one of the few exceptions. a look of confusion flitted across his features before he realized what exactly it was she said.

"oh, um." a faint blush crept into his cheeks, embarrassed at how caught off guard he was. he hoped she couldn't see. greyson at first felt inclined to refuse. she was likely just being polite after all and he didn't want to inconvenience her. but wouldn't declining be considered rude at this point, too?

"y-yeah, that'd be nice." he finally squeezed out, doing his best to not give an awkward smile. "me and ellie would probably be wandering around forever looking for it." his eyes widened slightly. "oh, this is ellie" he said, holding up his wrist like some sort of power ranger ready to transform. "and i'm greyson. it's nice to meet you."

notes + sounds good! don't mind greyson being a dork.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
reflection [dw]
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 16:09:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Chloe blinked at the mans reaction, it was clear that he wasn’t expecting her to converse with him; which she found to be funny but she held back her laughter. “You’re fine” She reassured him with an easy-going smile, unsure as to why he apologized. Chloe gave her buizel a side glance when Greyson became silent, she gave her pokemon a confused stare and tilted her head wondering why he wasn’t speaking.

The buizel would give a small shrug, and Chloe returned her glance when Greyson spoke up again. “I actually couldn’t find it the first time myself, the location was moved because of the damage but it’s not that far away from here!” She gave him an understanding nod, recalling the day she spent hours searching for it and only managing to find it thanks to the kindness of locals. She perked up with the introduction.

Hi Ellie, nice to meet cha.” Chloe grinned towards the comfey giving it a small wave. She perked up when Greyson introduced herself, “Nice to meet you as well Greyson! I’m Chloe” Chloe showed no hesitation when she extended her hand out towards him for a friendly shake. It was a second later that she didn’t introduce buizel, she motioned towards her buizel with a small gesture of her head. “That’s Buizel” The buizel lifted one of it’s arms in a salute towards Greyson and Ellie.

With introductions out of the way, Chloe began to lead the way towards the night market. “So is this your first time in the lower district?” She figured that it was the case since he didn’t know where the night market was, but it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
reflection [dw]
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 19:06:10 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
@chloe

ellie's small form shifted as she waved an even tinier hand in greeting, a barely perceptible, but friendly squeak following. "chloe," greyson repeated, copying her gesture as he gripped her hand in greeting. "and buziel," he gave the water-type a friendly smile and slight nod.

he followed her, nodding in response to her question. "it is, yeah," greyson replied, fiddling with the flower bracelet. "was just passing through on my way to mauville city to check out the gym there." he chuckled a bit as his thoughts came together, continuing. "kind of got wrapped up into this whole shopping idea when i mentioned it to the group. ellie here loves crowds. me? not so much." greyson rubbed the back of his neck, sheepishly.

"thanks again for helping us. probably would've wandered the whole day myself if you hadn't come along." he admitted, remembering her comment from earlier. greyson wasn't the type to go to locals for help. or anyone, really; anxiety and all that. the prospect of hitting a tourist trap was both enticing and dreadful, but at a bare minimum he did hope they had some nice hats.

notes + i'll spawn something in before they get to the market (feel free to reply before hand if you want, too) and figure out the rest as we go!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
reflection [dw]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 3:50:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD VOLTORB APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STATIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EERIE IMPULSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DISCHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ELECTRO BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPARK
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] & @chloe

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DOUBLADE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] NO GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL SOUND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]IRON DEFENSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]IRON HEAD

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
reflection [dw]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 16:29:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar

She gave his hand a firm squeeze before retracting it. Her smile remaining "How you liking it so far?" She asks glancing around the location a few times as they walked through the area. "pretty isn't it?" Chloe asks with a small chuckle, her buizel nodding in agreement.

"Mauville gym!" Chloe's tone is ecstatic a little louder then she intended and quickly lowered her tone when a couple onlookers looked their way. " So how many badges do you have?" She curiously asked Greyson, assuming he was a skilled trainer since most people who looked to challenge mauville had a few badges under their belt already.

"Oh and don't mention it, i'm happy to help." She gave him a thumbs up, understanding when he mentioned that he wasn't a fan of crowds. "I was the same when I first arrived to hoenn, it's a little overwhelming." She chuckles lightly, rubbing her head.

Along the way, the group encounter pokemon. the voltrob catches Chloe's interest, a glance is given towards buizel. "Think your up to the challenge?" Her pokemon gives a confident nod and Chloe smiles her hand pointing at the voltrob who was itching for a fight. "Swift!" She orders, the buizel complied releasing star shaped rays at the voltrob.

the attack was enough to daze it, and Chloe chucked a pokeball at it, giving her buizel a pat well done. "Sorry bout the hold up" She apologizes to Greyson glancing towards him.

, dw: electric/steel catching voltrob!
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
reflection [dw]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 22:59:55 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
@chloe

"it is pretty," he agrees with an automatic head nod, smiling as he too basks in his surroundings. "it's far different than where i come from." and it was true. where this place had tall buildings overlooking a boundless sea, his own home was more humble and with far less of a great view. if you didn't like a lot of trees, that was. the urge to jump on a ship and explore the ocean rose again in his chest, like it did every time he thought about it, only this time he let it sit there and simmer a bit before suppressing the thought.

"uh.." he starts, a bit of embarrassment rising in him once more. "none... yet!" he quickly adds at the end, still looking sheepish. "still in the process of figuring everything out before i go jumping in and challenging any gyms." the nerves and anxiety that bubbled within' him at the thought always felt a bit calmer when he prepared. or, in truth, over-prepared. she didn't know just how right she was in his case when she mentioned the term overwhelming. he leaped at the chance to leave home after being cooped up so much, but rarely did he ever feel ready for the day.

he abandoned his confidence shaking thoughts as two pokemon emerged from a nearby alley. the duo had been lucky- or perhaps maybe even specifically chosen because of it- that no one was directly nearby. with chloe jumping quickly after the voltorb, that left him the floating sword pokemon. both of it's vertically slitted pupils watched greyson as he reached for one of the balls that hung at his belt, but made no move to stop him. was it cocky? a fool? greyson bet he'd find out in a minute.

"you're up, nini." greyson called, releasing the eldegoss from her storage. the grass-type looked at greyson, then at the steel-type, blinking once each. then, her expression hardened. greyson grinned. nini was his go-to choice for battlefield control. "let's slow it down nini," he commanded, and she moved into her action. the large ball of cotton that acted as eldegoss's 'hair' shook as small, barely larger than your average marbles, tufts of cotton were released into the air. the result was effectively a minefield of COTTON SPORES that hindered movement, allowing the much slower grass-type to be on level fields.

that move didn't deter the steel-type, however. the two blades positioned themselves perpendicularly to one another, all while still facing greyson and nini, and collided on the flats of their blades together. the resulting METAL SOUND echoed outwards and towards the two, hands clamping on their ears in pain. greyson grit his teeth but still felt the vibration of their forced chattering. doublade's laughter sounded like a fork clanging against someone's teeth at the dinner table.

"shut her up," greyson said, ears still ringing. nini complied. raising both arms in front of her as if composing a symphony, a great wind rose and formed into a LEAF TORNADO. it tore at the steel-type, but it didn't seem particularly bothered. until the COTTON SPORE was absorbed. it's advantage wasn't in the damage it did, but the restraint. in moments the pokemon was covered from hilt to tip in the weighted cotton and slowly sunk to the earth. seeing no better time, greyson tossed a pokeball at the wild pokemon, and held his breathe.

"you alright?" he asked chloe, seeing her victory over the electric pokemon. all the while, the dual-colored orb rattled.

notes + capture attempt on the doublade!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
reflection [dw]
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 21:35:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]CHLOE CAUGHT VOLTORB!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STATIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EERIE IMPULSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DISCHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ELECTRO BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPARK

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]GREYSON CAUGHT DOUBLADE!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] NO GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL SOUND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]IRON DEFENSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]IRON HEAD

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
reflection [dw]
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 1:39:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Oh! sorry that was a rude assumption on my part." Chloe would apology with red cheeks, scratching her chin as she chuckled. "I'm actually at zero myself, still gotta do some gym challenges." unfortunately working as a ranger made it more difficult to challenge gyms, she was always working whenever a free slot was open, and the gym was always busy when she had free time.

The unexpected battle had put a pause on their conversation, as she let Greyson handle the threat of Doublade. Chloe just wanted to take care of the voltrob before it self-detonated, it'd be a pain to deal with the mess that would be left behind. It was fortunate that her buizel was able to take care of the voltrob with swift.

Walking over she picked up her pokeball which contained her newest addition to the team. She observed Greysons battle quietly, impressed with his battle style. "I'm fine! thanks for the concern." Chloe replied with a smile. "that was great, very impressive." She commended him with another thumbs up.

"Where are you from again?" Chloe forgot if Greyson had already mentioned it, the abrupt battle had scattered her thoughts.

They arrived to the night market shortly after, it was lively as usual; vendors shouting to try and have potential patrons come look at their merchandise, people crowded the streets and there were a multitude of different aromas of food which had been carried over by the breeze.

"Looks less busy then usual.." Chloe commented to Greyson with a chuckle, "so, anything in particular you're looking for?"

, DW: Steel/Electric

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
reflection [dw]
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 16:01:04 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
@chloe

greyson reached down, picking up the unmoving capture device, grinning at another successful capture. when chloe reveals she's fine, he nods. "thanks," greyson says bashfully. "just something we've been working on. surprised it worked, actually." he stands straight, doing a quick double check of their surrounding. "i'm from oldale. quiet, humble little place." greyson blinks, focusing back to something she mentioned just before the battle. "you mentioned you haven't done any gym battles yourself? any idea which'll be your first?" his eyes light in eager interest.

it takes no time at all to finally arrive. it's not as he expects; it's more. large tents set up in a never ending rows with dozens of voices soliciting their products for pedestrians to perk up to. he sees- and smells- everything from clothing, game consoles, pokemon fashion and even roadside cooking. "this is less busy than usual?" greyson replied, a bit shocked. while it wasn't bustling, he still had to actively pay attention not to walk into anyone.

both excitement and dread rolled over him in waves. ugh, crowds.

"nothing in particular," he said, moving automatically down the street, eyes scanning the contents of each tent hungrily. "clothes, souvenirs, trinkets; the usual." an older woman standing a half-dozen feet off, frying some sort of bread, starts yelling in their direction. greyson nods politely, turning his attention towards chloe.

"what about you?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
reflection [dw]
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 23:02:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"The way you battle is unique." She comments with a smile glancing towards his pokemon and the one he just captured. She's surprised when Greyson mentions that he's from oldale, recalling the day she alongside put out a fire. "I've visited the place before, it did seem lovely." She desired to visit the town again, when it wasn't in flames.

She walks alongside Greyson as they walk down the street, doing her best to not bump shoulders with other people. She would briefly look at the merchandise as they walked past tents. "hmmm, most likely sootpolis or mauville." She furrowed her eyebrows, giving the question more thought. "Both of the gym leaders are new, and I personally know the sootpolis gym leader. She's very sweet!" Chloe laughs as she thinks about , her eyes widened as she forgot that Melody was a star. "You may have heard of her.. she's the singer, Melody Miro!"

She momentarily stops. People around her having to go around in order to not bump into her; "oh! I was also looking for the same stuff.. well kinda anyway. Mainly some clothes and a gift for a friend." She points towards a small alley way "It's a little less busy down that way, though it's known for attracting wild pokemon." Chloe mentions it with a nod, after seeing how Greyson handled the doublade she trusted in his battling capabilities.

, DW: I'll put in a req to spawn us pokemans! <3
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
reflection [dw]
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 3:41:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PERRSERKER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BATTLE ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]IRON HEAD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAUNT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAKE OUT

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TYNAMO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SPARK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CHARGE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THUNDER WAVE

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
reflection [dw]
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 2:56:53 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
@chloe

greyson chuckles bashfully, another rose tinge rising in his cheeks at the compliment. "it's nothing special. just the product of too many youtube videos," he admits. his expression changes into something resembling excitement with her next statement. "oh i love it. it's nice and quiet. rarely anyone comes out there." he takes on a quick, contemplative look. "that's a good and bad thing too, i guess."

he collides a shoulder into a random pedestrian, quickly apologizing along with multiple nods of his head in their direction. luckily they just scowl and move on. still, he catches her answer. "i.. don't know much new music to be honest," he says hesitantly. "i've been listening to the same mix since i was in high school." he remembers the username he uses on the newsletter forums. he can't tell a soul that was him. "i'll definitely look her up though." he finishes with a smile.

his eyes turn towards the alley way, sighing in relief at how empty in comparison. he'd take a wild pokemon attack over a crowd any day. well, maybe it wasn't that serious. "is it a birthday gift or something?" he asks, following. it's not even ten seconds later that a couple of wild pokemon emerge behind overturned receptacles. while the cat-pokemon seemed more interested in chloe, the small one's attention shifted to greyson.

when he releases his corviknight, the small pokemon quickly scuttles away. thinking about it, he's never seen a wild pokemon move as fast as it did. it satisfied him. with a nudge of his head upwards, z takes flight, talons digging into the concrete edge of the roof above. watching. waiting to step in should it need too.

notes + greyson scares his off.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
reflection [dw]
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 3:38:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
“Whose channel do you watch?” Chloe asks, unsure if he had been joking. “I only really watch , he produces some really cool stuff.” There’s a small glimmer of awe in her eyes, Chloe would love to meet him in person one day.

Peace and quiet..” She repeats with a small chuckle, she was from a big city so she didn’t really know what that was like. “That does sound nice!” She remarks with a nod “Wow, thanks! She’s really nice” Melody was a lovely person, and she deserved more fans.

Greyson seemed pretty perceptive, or maybe it was just a complete guess either way she nodded when he asked if it was a gift. “His birthday is this week!” Chloe didn’t really know what Razz liked, but she hoped that she’d be able to find something - the night market had many unique trinkets after all.

Suddenly a perrserker appears out of the blue, the Pokémon’s eyes glowing with mischief. It didn't even hesitate to attack Chloe’s buizel with its sharp claws slashing at the pokemon. “Quick Buizel, Razor Wind!” The buizel rapidly spun it’s duo tail creating a wind powerful enough to send the perrserker back flying. The move was not enough, as the dark type was quick to retaliate with another slash. Luckily, buizel was able to narrowly dodge the attack. “Swift '' Buizel chucked the star shaped rays towards the dark type, it seemed to do the trick as the perrserker stumbled down.

A vacant pokeball was thrown in it’s direction and she waited for the final click before picking it up. She sighs briefly out of breath, “Looks like this guy could use a little disciplinary training.” Chloe chuckles, glancing at the corviknight Greyson had released earlier. “Oh he’s beautiful, I’ve never seen one up so close.”

: dw, steel/electric capture!