2,342 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
pathology
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 13:44:04 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"it's nothing!" he blurts out defensively.

he loses his composure. prompted with something that he feels strongly for, priam's facade slowly breaks down. he attempts to salvage it after a swig of his beer, his low tolerance to alcohol brought by very little experience with it reinforcing his defenses.

"you're fine, boss! i think it's great that you're making sure she's getting the attention she needs. there's no reason to worry about me, by the way. i can take care of myself!"

he stops himself from talking by attempting to finish the entire bottle on his hand.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
pathology
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 13:48:39 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin is not a people person.

People don't make him nervous, but neither does he intrinsically understand them as some could brag. Priam, right now, was confusing the hell out of him.

"Wh — Priam, are you jealous, or something?"

He blinks at him, baffled.
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,342 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
pathology
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 13:57:08 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the bottle is finished promptly. it was just beer, but priam quickly gets tipsy from it alone. it gets left in his hand, together with the ferroseed on the pot.

"wh-what? no, i'm not!"

the way he flushes red can only either be from the effect of very little alcohol content in him or what gavin has assumed, maybe both.

"how can i be jealous? i got a good standing in the organization, i can get by on my own, and i accomplish things!" he pauses before adding. "well, not that i'm saying she can't, but still..."

he mulls over his words, scratching his head as he tries to figure out what he just had said. priam starts confusing himself too.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
pathology
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 15:04:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"You do," Gavin agrees. His lips purse as if withholding laughter. "You can."

It's not Priam he finds funny, but the situation. How had they wound up like this? At the very least, it helps to ease the pressure in his chest.

"So you're not jealous," he allows. "What are you, then?"
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,342 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
pathology
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 16:33:51 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the laughter aimed at something priam wasn't intends to be funny tugs something in him, giving him some kind of opening to shift the topic to something else.

"i-i'm fine! who said something was wrong with me anyways?!"

priam tries to dismiss the topic, waving a hand in front of him, which then promptly drops the piece of glass he was holding.

"oh." he stares at it for a while before he comes to a conclusion. "someone will clean it, yeah."

with the assurance that his actions will get covered by someone else, priam transitions back to his usual demeanor.

"anyways, anything else you need?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
pathology
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 16:44:03 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Priam's backpedalling hard, and Gavin's amusement fades back to concern.

"You're not hiding it well, whatever it is."

Which meant, he supposed, that Priam was covering the whatever well enough. Gavin still has no idea whether he'd latched onto something with jealousy or if the flush to his cheeks had been a product of the alcohol. Arceus, people were difficult.

He pinches the bridge of his nose at the dropped glass.

"Are you sure everything's OK? Is this about the excursion?"
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,342 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
pathology
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 1:37:35 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam sighs.

"well yeah, kinda."

he starts to twiddle his thumbs around as he holds the potted ferroseed with both of his hands.

"do you know what kind of pokemon appeared back then? maybe we should've sent eris back home as soon as it appeared..." there was no need to discuss how dangerous it was. "it used a similar move as my braviary does-- the thing that turns things to stone? it's much more powerful too. i'm kinda curious now since i don't really know what kind of move it is."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
pathology
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 10:28:18 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Thanks to Lugia, Gavin had learned its name.

He'd done surface-level research on the legend, since; enough to understand its supposed connection to Xerneas and thus a potential motivation for interfering with the tree.

"Its name is Yveltal. It's said to be an aspect of destruction, or death, where Xerneas represents life. They're counterparts, apparently. I don't know much more than that."

He finishes his drink, flags for another, and sips it.

"Well, there is someone you could ask. may know. He was there."

He leaves out the part about Adrian being Yveltal's avatar, just in case.

"Do you think I mishandled the situation?" He cants his head. "Be honest."
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,342 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
pathology
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 17:34:49 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"who?"

priam doesn't mean to disrespect as he legitimately doesn't recognize the name. as much as he often kept track of people who joined the organization before, the past month gave him little breathing room outside of his own agenda to warrant time to do things he previously did leisurely.

"but i'll, uh, keep that in mind!"

he still tries to wrack his brain for a face in case the name was someone he knew, but forgot, when gavin gives him something to think about.

"what? you did good!" he comes to protest quickly. "given the situation, there's very little we could've done to stick with the plan! league was expected, but there's no way we could've dealt with the, uh, yveltal if you weren't there!"

he pauses and then smirks. "i'd say it even went better than expected given how the odds were stacked against us!" he raises a brow next. "don't tell me you're having sad boy days, boss. you? of all people?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
pathology
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 11:01:24 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin chuckles.

"I'll point him out to you, some time. One of our new grunts."

Priam's quick and insistent protest is flattering, perhaps a little bit amusing. His stoic expression cracks under a laugh at Priam's question.

"I'll always second-guess the handling of a rough mission, especially one that results in one of our own getting injured. But I appreciate the vote of confidence." There's a brief flash of teeth in his smile. "You did great with the tree, by the way. We wouldn't have gotten it out of there without you and your Venusaur."

They'd intended to have more time and less interference, but Yveltal had been one hell of a rogue factor.
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,342 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
pathology
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 10:37:33 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"heh! you know me. failure isn't an option if i'm present!"

he puffs his chest, regaining the confidence in his facade after a bit of build up.

"sacrifices are necessary sometimes though! a little bit of getting roughed up is nothing. besids, we got the results we wanted, so don't beat yourself up that much."

priam was tempted to give gavin a smack on the back, but the pot of ferroseed he has on his hands thankfully stops him from acting up from his impulse. instead, he snickers.

"it's like you're getting soft, boss," he jokes about with a friendly intent. "did the thing with eris do this to you?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
pathology
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 16:05:16 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
A little positive attitude seems to bolster him out of the so-called sad boy days; he nods as if to confirm something to himself before Priam's chuckle draws him out of his thoughts.

"I guess it did."

It's more than that, but how could one vocalize the many different pressures felt from all sides?

"You're right, though; we got the job done. That's what matters, in the end."

To Rocket, at least.
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,342 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
pathology
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2021 15:32:21 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he grins at gavin's reaction.

having brought the mood up after having sullied it with an abrupt spill of his own insecurities, priam segues the conversation to something else in his agenda. gavin was just the right person for it too.

"oh, yeah, speaking of good jobs we have done before, that plate we found on adventours... can i borrow it for a while?"

he was told he can borrow it any time he wants since they found it together. gavin just houses it since, well, he's better at keeping things organized and doesn't randomly lose things in his home like priam does.

he still wonders where his druddigon's ball went.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
pathology
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2021 15:36:43 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Nice segue," Gavin smirks.

With Maeda and Sinclair back in Kanto, the care of the iron plate they'd recovered has fallen to Gavin. He's guarded it jealously from all others, but Priam is a notable exception. They'd made a deal.

"Long as you promise to be careful with it, and not give it to anyone else under any circumstances." He knew there was interest in the plates from others, even their own Katherine. With no idea what power it held or what it could do in the hands of another... "What do you need it for?"
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,342 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
pathology
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2021 17:48:14 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"i won't sell it for cheaper than what you can offer if you're worried about that," he jests with a wink.

obviously he wouldn't sell it at all since it's ultimately priceless considering the traction it received when everyone that owned one met up. with gods suddenly appearing all over hoenn, anything related to them is an item people who are desperate to be avatars value greatly.

"but yeah, it's just for being a good luck charm. you know me, and being sentimental and all that. i still even keep the first pokemon i caught here on hoenn!"

memories were attached to it, no matter how mediocre the entire trip came to be since no one wanted to stir up a conversation, and that's all it takes for priam to consider it good luck.