part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FEALTY
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 4:29:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FEALTY

BETRAYAL FROM ONE GROUP FORCES YOU INTO ANOTHER

SLATEPORT IS BURIED IN GREY SKIES. A heavy downpour drowns out those who dare venture outside. Concrete roads grow two shades darker under the offbeat sounds of a million fingers drumming against a desk.

Storefronts glow with amber ambiance. The contrast from their windows is enough to get the light to pop. It drives them forward better than any of the street lamps ever could.

The uncomfortable metronome of windshield wipers scraping against wet glass sets the background for their conversation. Fernando feels the truck jostle as thick tires cut through potholes and puddles alike. Each little hump threatens the stock of eggs he’s received from ’s farm but he cares little.

So how often do you blow each other up?

He still wears the compression band the hospital had provided him during his recovery. For the most part, his injures have healed outside of a few bruisers and soreness, but he’s a stickler for his physical health. The way his wrists rests against the open nook of the steering wheel shows how little it obstructs his driving.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
FEALTY
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 2:04:27 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar

[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","katherinepokes"]

The heavy rain and cold weather are welcomed as one by Katherine, who finds solace in getting to see fewer and fewer strangers on the streets. A lack of leering eyes makes her feel more at ease as if she’s any less watched by the people she works with, and for.

After having nearly been bombed and almost losing Fernando, she needs what little clarity of mind she can get. The less noise, the better. After all, that was the only reason she agreed to this job. It was simple, fast, and most importantly… Quiet.

“We don’t.”

Regardless of whatever malfunction she was supposed to believe to have happened, Katherine stood her ground. Something - or someone - wanted her gone. Whether if it was an Underboss or a failed scientist mattered little.

It was someone.

“That’s the story I got, at least. No one set the bomb off on purpose.”

notes:

[attr="class","katherinetag"]

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FEALTY
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 2:16:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FEALTY

A RED LIGHT STOPS THEIR CONVERSATION IN FULL. His braking is smooth on the surface but becomes abrupt once they come dangerously close to the pedestrian walkway. There’s no one out and about but Fernando pulls out full stop.

He doesn’t feel what’s left of the momentum push on him. Being the driver spares him that feeling, subconsciously prepared as his right foot puts down pressure.

Are you compromised?

They are alike in mind. Fernando knows little about this rendition of Rocket but to believe that such a high caliber explosive could trigger on accident is straight up bullshit. If such incompetence was accepted as the norm then Rocket would have revealed themselves long ago.

is not a person to permit such blunders.

The fact that the former Underboss no longer remains in the region is something Fernando still remains unaware of.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
FEALTY
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 2:37:03 GMT

Katherine rummages through one of the few drawers she can reach within the car in pursuit of something to smoke. She cares not about leaving a mess, nor does she feel the need to ask for permission to do this.

It's granted to her by herself.

Upon finding something suitable, cigarettes if she's in luck, one is lit. She inhales one long drag before Fernando brakes all of a sudden. It sours her expression, causing her face to don an irritated look that is only filtered and masked by smoke that collects inside the vehicle.

A window is rolled down eventually, but not before a minute or so passes.

“No. I almost wish I was, though.”

She doubts that Fernando would want that, but ignoring how easy it was for her to stay honest with him now was something she could not do, "They thought I did it at first,” as weird as that sounded, yes, they considered the possibility that Katherine set the bomb off herself.

“I don’t really know why, or what they thought I would have gained from it, but they don't believe that anymore.”

notes:

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FEALTY
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 2:48:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FEALTY

“WORKS FOR ME.” The red light lasts long enough for Katherine to bum a smoke from one of its compartments. It’s nothing more than a generic delivery truck but the company Fernando keeps is more likeminded than he knows. Long hours in a boring, tedious job helps cultivate habits that are shared among Silph Co.’s finest.

The League hates you. Rocket doesn’t trust you.

There’s a high note somewhere in his amusement.

And I’m the only one to realize just how much you mean to the region.

The guffaw that comes out is inward—a reflection of current events, self-recognition for breaking her down to this point. Had things unfolded any other way, could he honestly say that Katherine would still be in his pocket?

No.

And for that he is thankful.

Spare me a drag?

His other hands deals with turning the wheel when Fernando transitions into parking. Their destination looms over the vehicle with a menacing height that’s embolden by the occasional lightning. Scornful windows glare under the guise of a grey skyline, judging the two as do their colleagues.

His other hand is extended, waiting.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
FEALTY
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 3:21:41 GMT

“Aw.”

His words elicit a smile from her lips, causing them to curl upwards with a hint of playfulness. “Do you say that to all the girls who save you from bleeding out on the floor or should I be flattered?” In all seriousness, she failed to recognize where he saw her as such a pivotal and important chess piece on the board that was the Region of Hoenn.

Powerful, yes. Important? Less so. Even when Katherine worked for the better of the Region, her home, she was doing it out of self-interest and nothing else.

The greater good meant shit to her.

“Knock yourself out.” After all, this was Fernando's car, and by proxy, his cigarette. She couldn't really say no to him. Her hand moves towards his with the cig still tucked between both her index digit and the middle one. It's offered in silence.

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FEALTY
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 3:34:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FEALTY

FERNANDO KEEPS HIS NEXT COMMENT TO HIMSELF. As appealing as crass comments between them are, he still remembers her reaction to the last time they tangled tongues.

With Katherine Fairborne, there’s a line that’s not meant to be crossed. That’s fine and well—he’s dealt with worse. But Fernando’s issue with her stems from the fact that he doesn’t know where that lines starts nor where it ends. As per usual, he opts for the safer option, steering clear of it entirely.

A twist of the gear sets it firmly underneath the cheaply painted P. The sound of his seatbelt coming undone coincides with the cigarette leaving her hold. He takes a quick, deep inhale, before holding it back out. He just needs small hit.

MISTY TERRAIN seeps from his lips and nostrils, filling the shared space right before the door opens. His powers have accelerated since the last time they met. A silent fog hides within the glittery vapor, insidious, subconscious. It won’t aggravate her this time but his influence looks to invade whatever space it can.

That reminds me. Thank you for that.

Talk is cheap. There’s a reason he sought out her company. He makes a quick call and the loading bay for a back entrance of Silph Co. opens up. Inside the garage, a lone suitcase awaits them.

Freshly delivered.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
FEALTY
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 2:39:21 GMT

“What kind of partner would I be if I let you die so easily?”

He doesn’t need to answer that, obviously. She’d be a bad one. One that certainly fit the criteria of Rocket, sure, but not one the Silph would want to keep him around him. And that, fortunately, was as far away from her goals as possible. She liked to be near Fernando, MISTY TERRAIN or not. To be frank, she liked the company of someone who was strong, opinionated, and only slightly less full of himself than her.

Once the cigarette returns to her, Katherine inhales a deep breath to replace the sweet taste that the pink vapor left in her mouth.

“Should I be worried?”

”About bombs and the rest of those shenanigans. You know how Rocket can be, they lean towards the more… Crafty side, you could say.”

She hasn’t clarified her question yet, has she?

“Should I be worried about you dealing with that or was it a one-time thing?”

A mistake, in other words.

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FEALTY
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 9:55:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FEALTY

SILENCE SEPARATES HIM FROM HER WELL DESERVED PRIZE. For a moment, their cargo is forgotten. His priority is the briefcase left unattended. Each latch comes undone with the proper combination, revealing a velvet interior curved around a seated Silph Badge. The trinket means little to Katherine who has already earned her right from conquering his challenge but there's more than meets the eye.

The badge is a mere decoy. Something illustrious enough to explain the method of transportation but not important enough to steal by anyone brazen enough to crack the lock. Fernando takes his time in undoing the velvet, prying it apart to reveal various chunks of ceramic tiles used to give the carry-on some weight. Between them, he recognizes the SPOOKY SHARD by memory.

"I don't put them above culling their own. Blackwell made it his M.O."

He holds it firmly between his fingers, presenting it to her but not quite willing to let go without her agreeing to his commitment.

"But to turn on someone of your value makes no sense. I overestimated them."

It goes without saying: it won't happen again.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
FEALTY
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 2:57:51 GMT

The ebb and flow of energies within the car is disturbed with each lock that comes undone. The closer Fernando gets to opening the suitcase, the more Katherine grows disturbed by the sudden urge to steal the Silph's belonging from his very hands.

However, good things come to those who wait, and despite the fact that patience wasn't one of her virtues, she makes an exception for this particular man.

As soon as her eyes meet with the SPOOKY SHARD, a streak of red flashes in them as greed spreads within her. It belongs with them.

Giratina and her.

”Don’t make the mistake of trying to find logic in madness, Fernando. There isn’t any.”

She reaches for the shard but waits for Fernando to pass it, dismissing any thoughts of snatching it away or transporting it into the distortion realm. He isn’t someone she needs to steal from.

”The problem with Rocket, both Silas’ and today’s, remains the same. Everyone’s morals are different. Everyone’s end goal is separate. Some of them want to rule the world, others want to enact revenge and some of them are in it for the fun.”

Frankly, even that wasn’t enough to describe all the types of idiots Walsh managed to assemble into a proper organization.

“The League is the same, by the way.”

In a different way, sure, but the same.

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FEALTY
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 5:54:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FEALTY

BOTH FACTION ARE IRREDEEMABLE. Conflicting ideologies from the very people meant to bolster their colors puts a stranglehold on progress. For that reason alone, Fernando avoids hoisting either flag. His time with the League comes to an end now that his peers, people of power, sit on their asses while he single-handedly pushes them to greater heights. Likewise, Rocket teeters a fine line between being useful and too self-destructive for their own good.

It’s about time he snuffs both of them in a world of corporate blue.

I know.

Katherine is patient and for him that is enough. It is Fernando who pushes into her hand, the curve of his index resting against her palm.

I entrust this to you. I’ll see if I can coerce Mateo and Bronwen for their pieces. When you assemble the plate, I’ll need it back, temporarily.

With that, he lets go.

has already offered me an assembled plate for research. Progress in synthetic plates is progressing well. They don’t mimic their behaviors but we’re making progress on that.

He questions her with his stare.

Whatever the Megalopolans were working on… It’s strikingly similar to the artificial plates we’ve created.

Fernando doubts she has an insight onto it. The fact he couldn’t wretch it out of any of the Megalopolan’s who died from the war proves that his only lead is Jules—wherever he is.

I’ll keep in touch.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
FEALTY
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 1:21:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(repeat)