twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
Diamond sparrow, my moonlight majesty, come flying back to me.
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
wannabe
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 7:48:21 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"arc! don't run off too far!"

he doesn't know why he bothers when he knows there's little he can do to stop his arcanine from sprinting off into the distance. dee the dedenne does its best to not fly off, its little paws grabbing at arc's thick tufts of fur.

a laugh escapes him, genuine and full, as he turns to his friend.

"league, huh? does that mean i have to call you cadet connors now? cadet greyson?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
wannabe
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 4:18:43 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson watches his friends pokemon take off in a dead sprint and smiles himself. he he had similar issues with z, and knew full well that sometimes there just wasn't any hope. not that it was a bad thing. his eyes automatically went up in search of the steel titan, but failed to spot him. luckily, rae stuck close to greyson's side, her mane carrying scattered flowers from an earlier play-date with ellie.

his hands comfortably in his pockets, greyson chuckled. "cadet connors has a nice ring to it," he said contemplatively, tilting his head upwards. "but no, greyson is fine. i'm as low on the totem pole as you can possibly be." he slipped a hand out and booped rae's horn, giving her a smile. "you interested in joining?" he asked, not bothering to look at danny.

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
wannabe
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 5:07:57 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"give yourself more credit, grey boy. i'm sure it won't be long until you're right at the top."

for as much as they make fun of each other, danny has always been envious of greyson and how he seems to always know what he wants to do. danny is the opposite — with every possible path laid out in front of him, he'll choose not to walk any of them.

"do you want me to? cadet connors and cadet hall reporting for duty."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
wannabe
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 2:56:42 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson thinks over his statement. the top? was that even something he wanted? the closer he got to the top, the more dangerous it became. slateport was just the tip of the iceberg in all of this. and if that was just the beginning? he shuddered thinking how bad it could possibly get.

if danny knew how much greyson doubted himself. how much he struggled. his envy would all buy evaporate. if anything, he envied danny. his life was free. decisions his own. he answered to no one. how nice that would be.

despite the hint of a joke in his tone, greyson felt something more to it. he watches danny's face, searching for something that he doesn't even know. "do you want too?" greyson pauses, letting it sink in. "what brings you back, really, dan?"
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
wannabe
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 8:54:22 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]what really brings him back?

his hands find his pockets, seeking comfort. he feels the softness of the fabric; it soothes a little, but not enough. so his foot taps against the ground, disturbing peaceful grass.

"i don't know, man. i couldn't find a job there so i had to come back either way. but now that i'm here — i have no idea."

what he leaves out is the fact that he didn't try, at least not really — sending a couple of half-assed emails isn't exactly trying. he tenses, shifts to a walk.

"i wish i knew what i was doing. or what to do. how do you know, grey?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
wannabe
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 0:28:32 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson knew danny. he could tell that he wasn't telling the full truth. hiding something. but he also knew that pressing could scare the man off. greyson's brow furrowed in concern, and questioning, but released his tense muscles with a sigh.

"me? man, i can barely tell the difference between my ass and my elbow." he takes his free hand and rubs his forehead. "just a few weeks ago i had to be pretty much rescued from a cavern because i didn't bring enough water. a few weeks before that, nearly had my leg bitten right off just two routes from here." greyson gave danny a look. it was... apologetic in a way?

"i told a friend of mine something similar and she told me that we're all pretty alike. each of us just fumbling our way through the dark in search of the light switch." he placed his on hand on his friends arm. "we just do the best we can with what we're given."
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
wannabe
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 8:51:19 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"i don't think i'll ever find the light switch. it's probably broken, or something."

the moment of somberness passes, not lingering for too long because he'd rather not wallow in it. he nods, appreciates the gesture, and returns one of his own: his hand finds greyson's shoulder.

"i'll catch up to you someday, grey boy! i'll keep searching for now."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
wannabe
POSTED ON May 22, 2021 1:26:13 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson sees danny hiding a pain, but isn't sure how to broach the subject. instead, he lets the mood pass and gives his friend an encouraging nod of his head.

"you've a long way to go," he chuckles "i'm confident you'll get there. but when i'm champion, don't expect me to take it easy on you." his head turns in the direction of the earlier arcanine.

"besides, i think you'll get your first chance. let's see what you got."

something was coming.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,922 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
wannabe
POSTED ON May 22, 2021 2:38:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GROTLE APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHELL ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SYNTHESIS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MEGA DRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEECH SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CRUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EARTH POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD VOLTORB APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STATIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROLLOUT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MIRROR COAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SONIC BOOM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
wannabe
POSTED ON May 22, 2021 14:18:18 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"champion? man i'll wipe the floor with you right now LET'S GO—"

a SONIC BOOM sounds in the near distance. he turns his head and sees arc in a full sprint towards them — dee's barely hanging on, but she manages! somehow. he's still not quite sure how.

arc skids to a stop just mere inches away from them.

"you alright, buddy?"

another SONIC BOOM sounds, this time louder, and from over the hill comes a mean-looking voltorb. a grotle follows behind it, too, but it's unclear whether they're related.

danny turns to greyson and asks:

"you take the grotle and i take the voltorb?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
wannabe
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 21:55:54 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

danny’s boasting is cut-short. luckily. greyson didn’t want to beat him in a battle so quickly after returning. his confidence was shaky enough as is.

“don’t worry,” greyson says, a smirk coiling across his lips. “it’s already covered.”

a shrill METAL SOUND overshadows even the explosive SONIC BOOM, shaking free leaves from trees, and scattering a flock of starly from their homes. a shadow, quick as the snapping jaw of a dreadnaw, bursts from the canopy of a nearby tree. it’s razor sharp talon’s glinting in the sunlight, but soon, was drowned out in an ethereal cobalt as the BRAVE BIRD wrapped around z like a reapers cloak.

the collision threw dust up in a circle around the two pokemon, greyson not even bothering to shield his eyes. when it clears, he tosses a capture device at the downed grotle.

"like i said." his eyes landing once more on danny. behind them, a friendly challenge is issued. 

"it's covered."
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
wannabe
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 6:02:25 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"what."

he blinks and he almost misses the whole battle. by the time he lowers his arm that shielded him from dust, all he sees is a fallen grotle. he blinks again to make sure he's not dreaming.

"hey man you know what it's been a long day why don't we just go home and i'll even treat you to a nice meal—"

arc barks, drawing his attention to the voltorb in mid-ROLLOUT. it rushes towards them and it's only by sheer miracle that danny's able to find the right pokeball in time.

out comes a pokemon greyson's never seen before: a taller than usual grimmsnarl that stands just a little under their height. it looks around, notices danny, then sprints right on over.

"grimster! long time no see but unfortunately, we have a problem."

he points to the voltorb that's still rolling after arc and by extention dee. it pales in comparison to the fast arcanine but the sight is amusing. he takes a step towards grimster and whispers something into its ear.

within moments, grimster trudges forward and bows its head in the direction of the voltorb. arc leads it in their direction and the moment it gets close enough, grimster's hair shoots out in a FALSE SURRENDER, knocking the voltorb into the ground. grimster leaps through the air and brings a HAMMER ARM down.

a pokeball follows.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,922 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
wannabe
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 7:48:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ELECTABUZZ APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STATIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"]THUNDER SHOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ELECTRO BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]QUICK ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD EXEGGUTOR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HARVEST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HYPNOSIS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STOMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EGG BOMB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEAF STORM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MOONLIGHT

[break]
YOUR PREVIOUS CAPTURES ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
wannabe
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 23:30:46 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson barks a laugh in danny's direction. z's over-aggressive style of combat had it's uses. like now. though, if greyson were being honest with himself, he felt bad for the grass-type pokemon. it was a casualty in their war of pride.

"that was impressive," he compliments, "but let's see if you can go two for two." greyson nudges his head to two more pokemon emerging from the nearby brush, likely drawn to the explosive noises.

another challenge set.

with a whistle, he summons the massive corviknight away from the battlefield. instead, he summons another. coiling around itself like a striking viper, the thirty-foot long steelix shakes the earth with her landing. the ground cracks beneath her tremendous size and weight.

"you're up chlo!" he points an index finger at the approaching electabuzz. to it's credit, despite the impossible size difference, doesn't back down. the steelix moves, the resulting tremors reminding greyson of a train going through a station without stopping.

unbeknownst to the electric-pokemon, sharpened blade-like stones form beneath the crust, shooting up and outwards towards chlo's opponent. the STONE EDGE stops the approaching electabuzz's advance, it's massive arms raised in an x formation in front of himself. it does little to defend against a tail backed nearly by a thousand pounds of weight, catching the edge of the steelix's SLAM outright. the resulting blow knocks it back and it tumbles over itself a handful of times before stopping. it lie still, breathing, but still.

again, greyson tosses a pokeball and chlo roars in triumph. meanwhile, a small build of of electricity builds through her muscles, the massive pokemon unaware of it's impending status condition.

notes + capture attempt on elctabuzz! thanks for the mod!

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
wannabe
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 7:51:53 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"okay i only have one so this isn't really fair."

excuses come early, laying the foundations for later. for now, he shifts his attention to the massive steelix. it's not so much its size that draws his attention but its name. his eyes widen; a smile forming.

"i didn't know you had a steelix, grey boy!"

regardless, his attention shifts to the wild exeggutor. his mind wanders, scrolling through the options. which one will allow him to outshine greyson? ah!

"dee! hold on tight! arc! use FLAME WHEEL!"

arc's ears perk at the order and it immediately sets off into a sprint. it moves with incredible speed from AGILITY, and once it gets close enough it tucks itself into a ball and slams its massive frame into the exeggutor for a FLAME WHEEL.

when arc unfurls, the flames dissipate, leaving only a slightly scorched dedenne. dee NUZZLES into arc, zapping him in annoyance.

"sorry, dee!"

[attr="class","noodles"]