part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Breaking the Mold [Fortree City Gym Challenge]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 22:05:27 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“We got another situation!”

“What’s up this time?”

“Just—get out of there and wait for your challenger to catch up to you,” was all he got before the feed went quiet.

Alexei could only guess and wonder what the hell they meant by that, however another powerful blast of cold wind very nearly threatened to blow him off-course, and the Braviary was about to let out an indignant screech before he patted the Braviary’s back and began to barrel-roll through the blowing cold.

“We’re close, Kyouya, come on, let’s go!” he hissed as the Braviary continued to fly through the battering, howling wind and very nearly getting blown back into the heart of the storm.

However, the blue-plumed avian persisted through the howling wind and eventually forced their way out of the centered weather disturbance; emerging into the clear weather and waiting for the other to emerge from the storm.

Weather disturbance: Hail + Blizzard! (5 / 5)

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 0:30:56 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

“FLARE BLITZ!”

Aided by the Attack-boosted power of Charizardite X, Flare Blitz would rocket Fawkes forwards. It would put considerable strain on them both, especially when the bond phenomenon of Mega Evolution meant that the two were synched up, but Josh was too stubborn to go down so easily. And perhaps influenced by him, his Charizard was the same. The storm was getting worse, and their energy reserves were running low. Josh knew full well that it was now or never. They needed to push through, or be taken off course.

They had to be close, right? How much longer would this endless storm go?

“We can do this, Fawkes” he reassured the Charizard. “We can do it, just a bit more!”

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2021 19:11:34 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Alexei was waiting outside the weather disturbance, before a sudden blur of red caught his attention—

“Move!” he hissed, barely getting out of the way as the other emerged from the snow storm, with a literal blazing Charizard mount.

“You, good sir, are a madman,” he exclaimed as the blonde made it out of the snow storm. Finally dying down, the weather disturbance had calmed down, and he looked skyward.

What the hell, really? he thought as dark storm clouds began to brew.

“I wasn’t expecting that, but nicely done—however, this isn’t over yet,” he remarked, tilting his head to the sky—and the first droplets of rain began falling.

“This isn’t anything conjured up by my Pokémon, this is all-natural rain! All you have to do now is to catch me in a game of aerial tag! Good luck!” he called out, before a column of gale-force Hurricane winds came between them, whipping up the pouring rain as the weather disturbance then began unloading in earnest.

Weather disturbance: (natural) Rain storm + Hurricane-force winds & Thunder flashes!

Second half of the challenge, Aerial Tag, commence! (1 / ?)

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2021 0:51:27 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Like a mystery gift, he was graced with mercy for the time being as they finally made it out of the storm. As the fires ceased and Josh stopped Fawkes to let the Charizard rest, he let out a deep breath of his own. He was tired, greatly tired. But they had made it through. Those conditions were far from natural and it had taken a great deal to get through, but it was done.

But unfortunately, this was only half of the test. For snow was soon replaced with rain, and the Gym Leader would challenge him to a game of aerial tag. Then came the Hurricane, which Josh and Fawkes had to brace from. And then it began.

Luckily, he had done his best to give Fawkes what time to rest that he could. Then they were off. “Flamethrower” he called calmly, as Fawkes would unload a Flamethrower that cut through the Hurricane with the power of Mega Evolution. With a clear path made for them, Josh would direct Fawkes through. Of course, there was still the problem of the rain getting on its tail and weakening it. But Josh had already begun working on that.

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 16:52:13 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The rain didn’t come in a gentle tinkling wave.

It came down all at once, like someone in the heavens had decided to pull the fucking drain plug and unleash a powerful torrential downpour on the earth below.

Zipping up his hoodie as quickly as he could, the rain began pelting him in earnest as he wiped the aviator goggles down as the Braviary glided through the howling wind.

“Careful there,” he hissed as a rumbling noise shook the heavens before a sudden peal of Thunder lit up the skies.

“Whoa!”

The Braviary had barely managed to get out of the way of the falling bolt of electricity, suddenly banking sharply upward and into the pouring rain.

Okay, the Hurricane-force winds and the Thunder were definitely coming from his Pokémon.

Down below where Josh was flying, another powerful peal of Thunder shook the area close to where they were flying before more howling winds threatened to knock them off-course.

Weather disturbance: (natural) Rain storm + Hurricane-force winds & Thunder flashes!

Second half of the challenge, Aerial Tag, commence! (2 / ?)

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2022 22:21:03 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

He knew the sound instantly. How many times had he ordered a Thunderbolt or Thunder from Lightning over the years? When a lightning strike was firing anywhere near you, and you’ve seen it many times before… You just know. Preemptively, he would urge Fawkes to move to the side, just in time to dodge the Thunder. It seemed that a lifetime of experiences, battles and turmoil had begun to pay off – in its own way.

He could also feel Fawkes’ Mega Evolution beginning to wear down. They needed to finish this quick. With the rain and the thunder, their window was closing to make this easier.

“Fawkes, one last burst! Flare Blitz!” he called, once he had moved the Charizard’s tail well enough for it to be tucked under its frame. Holding on for dear life, he nearly vomited as the Charizard shot off at full speed towards the Braviary, intent on catching it here and now while they still had the chance.

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2022 22:46:47 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

‘Are you going to be alright out there?’

‘Yeah! I’m just—damn it, why do natural rain storms have to hit much harder?!’

‘I mean, Pokémon can only do so much! Are you sure you’ll be fine?’

‘Yeah! Just—get hot chocolate ready and warm towels when I’m done out here!’

The crackling noise in his ear faded and he was left with the howling wind of the torrential downpour that continued to pound him from almost every direction. His thoughts also flashed to Josh, the challenger who’d had the ironclad balls to bring a Charizard to a downpour.

Anyway, another blast of gale-force Hurricane winds almost knocked him off-course—and then he thought he heard someone shouting against the howling rain and wind.

Wait, what?

He then turned around, and the Braviary let out a surprised squawk of shock as the Charizard—which was already turning back into its normal form—was barreling straight at them—

“Whoa!” he shouted, having to do a last-second barrel roll to get out of the way—however the way that the two had almost collided was already counted as a ‘touch’ move, and therefore—

“You almost knocked me out of the air, you mad lad!” he shouted as he pointed down towards the ground—towards one of the few covered areas, so they could talk without having to shout over the howling wind and rumbling lightning that shook the area.

Once he’d landed, the Braviary quickly recalled—and he pulled the goggles off his face, shaking his wet hair out of his face.

“You are crazy, you know that?! Bringing a Fire-type into a distinct weather disadvantage—originally I was supposed to change the second half of the challenge into snowy weather but yeah, the downpour caught us both off-guard. And you still persisted…”

He tilted his head in the direction of the Charizard.

“Reckless, but determinedly reckless. I’m not sure if you’ve got a family or something, but if you do—don’t have them worry so much because of that reckless streak! Either way…”

He’d already palmed something cold in his left hand, and then held it out for the other to see for himself.

“Despite the disadvantage, you still stuck to your guns. You really put a lot of trust with your Charizard—much like how I trust everything to my Braviary. You’ve earned this, congratulations!”

He then remembered something else.

“Oh, and come back out to the reception area, there’re warm towels and hot chocolate waiting for us over there.”

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2022 23:01:08 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Now, to be fair. The downpour had started AFTER he’d brought the Charizard. He had no idea if he could switch either, he had been told to put the blindfold on Charizard. And if allowed, he would have brought Lightning who would have made the test easier. But this test was for him and a Flyer, he was told. So he had done that.

And he had been told to catch him. So he did.

Fawkes returned to normal just as the Flare Blitz ended, and Josh had been ready to form a new plan before he was told he’d almost knocked him out of the air. Well, seems it counted. Fawkes was directed to land alongside them as Josh used the towel he’d planned to cover himself with to instead shield Fawkes’ tail now that Flare Blitz and Mega Evolution wasn’t protecting it.

He could only grin cheekily as he was called reckless. Izumi had told him that many times. He liked to call it a quirk. He had done what needed to be done within both their limits, something both Trainer and Pokemon had found an understanding on.

But there it was. His first Badge. How many years had it been since he had started his journey now? Without a single Badge? It was a little late but… Here it was, and better late than never.

“Thank you” he spoke softly, his grin only widening as he took it, immediately showing it to Fawkes. “We did this together” he told Fawkes, who loosed a Flamethrower into the air in triumph before Josh recalled it to its Poke Ball.

The adrenaline was coming down as relief washed over him. It was over. The years-long drought was over. And in the middle of a downpour at that. Barely containing a sneeze, he nodded at Alexei’s suggestion to move.

“That’d be best” he agreed as they headed back. Lightning greeted him with eager cheers in celebration. He grinned cheekily as he showed the Raichu the badge. But most of all, Josh couldn’t wait to show his new badge to the kids!

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2022 3:54:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: