2,321 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Season [GG]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2018 7:15:28 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
Priam was somehow relieved that the place wasn't filled with people, knowing that he probably was trembling with anxiety. He followed one path to another, never actually taking the moment to note any specific landmark to find his way back, and eventually gotten himself lost. It was a common occurrence to complicated caverns, much so for Priam, who would rather go alone to acquire the bounty all for himself than with someone and inevitably share the spoils with them.

As time went by, his previous opinion of having a companion to guide him through the place was beginning to falter.

He needed the treasure, or whatever it was, deep in the caverns. He wasn't sure if it was worth getting lost and risk getting stranded inside the Shoal Cave, however. Biting his lip as he forced himself not to feel bad about his situation, he continued to trudge along. His flashlight lit the way ahead, noting nothing spectacular nor anything that told him whether he was going in the right direction or not. There was, however, a figure up ahead that brought his spirits back.

"Hey!" he called, his voice echoing through the walls.

The boy went ahead, approaching the man as he cautiously took care of his footing within the uneven cave floors. His trusted Espeon followed before him, tailing his trainer while remaining vigilant against the stranger's further actions.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Season [GG]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2018 8:49:57 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Kabutops made a gash in the wall with a single strike of night slash, the aura fading from its claws as the group moved on. Lucas made his way through the cavern with the prehistoric pokemon and a Glaceon trotting along side. Each time they took a turn in the tunnel Kabutops would leave a horizontal gash in the wall, adding a vertical slash through the middle to make a plus if the path led to a dead end. He was devoted to ensuring his return from the cave. Taking a slightly different approach to finding his way than that of Hansel and Gretel.

Light from Lucas' flashlight illuminates the path, covering every inch of the cavern as he watched carefully for any signs of anything.

The scientist freezes as he hears someone call out, he thought that he had been the only one in the cave. Looking back behind him his muscles would relax, it was just a boy. "Probably lost" he thought. "Just follow the single horizontal slashes in the wall and you'll be out" he says. His flashlight points towards the tunnel he'd just come out of. Someone the boy's age should be out with friends, not in these potentially dangerous tunnels.

1/5
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,321 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Season [GG]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2018 16:28:17 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
A smile would break from his worried face when the man he called reacted to his call. His joyous expression would not last though, taking a moment to process the information and drawing a blank on the supposed reaction. The man was kind and clearly showed the initiative to help him out, a total stranger. On the other hand, being recognized like he was some sort of a lost child felt derogatory. Priam won't deny that he needed instructions out though, but he wouldn't say that.

"Out?" he replied, voice raising in contrast to the other's calmer tone. "I haven't even said anything yet!"

He was thankful of his help, but Priam couldn't back away from the end goal now, especially not when he finally has a lead on where he could find what he was looking for. There only was one reason why people went this deep in the cave anyways. "I can find my way back on my own." A lie. The boy would most likely follow the trail left by the man when he was to return to the surface. "I just wanted to ask what you're here for. It isn't common to meet others when you go spelunking, right?"

Priam wasn't exactly sure if what he said was the truth or simply an assumption based on his previous experiences with caves. Regardless, he decided to follow after him, matching his pace with every step he took, using the conversation as a reason to stick with him should the other not approve of having a companion initially. His Espeon took caution of the Kabutops on the other hand, its eyes waiting for a moment to strike the moment his trainer is threatened.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Season [GG]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2018 18:14:47 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

He rolls his eyes as the boy says he can find his way back. "Sure, sure." Once upon a time Lucas was a boy as well, and knew full well that even he would rush into a cave for some excitement at that age. All without a plan on how to leave if they lead too far, however.

It takes a moment for the brunette to answer why he was here. "Well" he says, pausing as wobbles from stepping on a loose stone. Planting his feet on more solid footing he continues. "I'm hoping to find fossils here, like this big guy." The flashlight is turned towards Kabutops. "Or something a bit more interesting. Never know with these Hoenn geologists." He turns the flashlight to illuminate the natural tunnel they traversed. "Always hinting at something, but expecting other people to do all of the work for 'em." His displeasure for the league's handling of these sorts of things spilled out his mouth.

It takes a few moments for him to realize that the boy likely didn't know what he was talking about. He probably viewed Lucas as some rambling adult. He didn't imagine many kids found it interesting to read science reports in their spare time. "Why're you out here though, parents know about it?" He says, turning the question back on the boy. Spelunking wasn't a term he was familiar with.

2/5

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,321 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Season [GG]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2018 8:50:04 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"So, basically treasure, right?"

He couldn't get exactly what the rest of his words alluded to, but he knew it must have hinted to something important or valuable. If fossils did mean getting something that looked as menacing as his Pokemon, Priam was inclined to believe his theory to be true. The boy wasn't exactly sure what he was looking for either, but the words confirmed that both of them were after the same objective. A satisfied smile appears on his lips as he follows after him.

The mention of his parents earns a scoff from him. "Psh, what they don't know won't hurt them," he'd smugly reply forgoing about hinting his current situation. Information such as that wasn't relevant anyways.

"I'm looking for, uh, Articuno! Yeah, that guy."

The enthusiastic answer came after he followed the same uneven footing as Lucas did, carefully following the older male's lead. He dared not to speak of his real intentions though, fearing that the man wouldn't let Priam tail him. It wasn't wise to work with rivals when it came to treasure hunting after all. Besides, he wasn't sure if he was even willing to split the spoils should they find it. He supposed he could just worry about that later.

While the other's flashlight lit up the path ahead, Priam's illuminated areas that was way off from the way they were walking to. He'd spot curious eyes of a wild Pokemon or two, but aside from those, nothing worth noting could be seen. "I'm Conrad!" he'd introduce himself all of a sudden. "What should I call you? You're a, uh... geologist too? ...or something?"

He tried to steer the topic away from himself. The longer that the focus of the conversation was at him, the more likely he felt he was going to be asked to go home.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Season [GG]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2018 15:57:31 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Basically, sure."

A smile pulls at the edges of Lucas' mouth as the boy answers him. He found the reply of rebellion something he might've said at that age. "Articuno eh?" His face breaks into a smile as he chuckles heartily. Articuno, flying in these tunnels? If it was anything like he'd read it'd be clipping its wings left and right in these caverns. But he could only guess at the wingspan of such a pokemon. The entire idea was humorous.

"Lucas, I'm a scientist, not a geologist though." Light from his flashlight shines through several ice stalagmites dangling from the ceiling. They're a beautiful teal hue. "Do some stuff with genes mostly, like with pokeballs. Make it so your espeon doesn't come out looking like mush when you release it, like a ditto." He wildly exaggerates the dangers of faulty pokeballs, hoping to mess with the boy's head.

The ground begins to slope downwards as the party makes their way deeper. Ice patches dot the tunnel floors. Light reflects off them, outlining their presence. "So you like myths Conrad?" The name sounded odd to Lucas as he said it aloud. "Like the legendary birds. You planning on becoming an archaeologist?" He was hoping the boy would take the path he hadn't walked in life. Hoping that someone followed their dreams.

3/5

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,321 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Season [GG]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2018 12:08:45 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"Uh..."

Was Articuno a bad excuse?

He found himself unable to retort back at what he could only assume to be ridicule. The excuse came on a whim, after all, after citing the first Ice-typed legend that came to mind. He doted on the thought for a while, brows furrowing and head held low as he did. The only time he decided to get his head back up again was when he was prompted with the voice of Lucas, who was then answering the inquiries he asked for.

"Sounds complicated," he'd comment on the topic, concentrating more on getting his footing across the icy descent than keeping the conversation interesting. The Espeon was lifted from the ground and placed on his shoulders afterwards after noticing that it lagged behind. Adjusting himself to the pace, he'd go back to Lucas. "How come Pokeballs aren't expensive if they sound complicated, then?" Priam had no concept of marketing, economics and research, after all.

"Never mind that actually," he'd interrupt before the other could answer. He knew he didn't have what it took to enter the same profession as Lucas anyways. "Do archaeologists earn a lot of money?"

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Season [GG]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2018 17:01:26 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

“Well” he was cut off before he could get past one word. His face contorts, he didn’t like being interrupted. How to be polite wasn’t taught to children these days apparently. It’d been drilled into him as a boy, lest he be punished.

“Hmmm.” He thinks for a moment as the topic of salaries was brought up. “Well kinda, sorta, not really. Also hard to find a job.” A blunt response, straight to the point. When you looked at it that way being an archaeologist sucked. Feet slipping on an ice patch he missed Lucas’ arm shoots out, grabbing onto Kabutops for support. He narrowly avoids the fall.

“Ya got a lot of paperwork too.” As the words fall out of his mouth he realizes that he’s painting a very unappealing picture of archaeologists. “They do get to see ancient ruins before anyone else, just like Regirock’s temple. Regirock was found inside too even!” There’s excitement in his voice, forced excitement. Many casualties happened as a result of the temple. People and pokemon both lost their lives. In an attempt to keep the atmosphere pleasant he neglected to mention these facts.

4/5

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,321 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Season [GG]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2018 19:16:32 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"I heard someone died back when Regirock was last sighted though."

What Lucas had tried not to mention in the conversation, Priam had nonchalantly added in. It wasn't what troubled the boy though, as he still was deep in thought with considering the field of science he could never get into. "That doesn't sound worth the trouble if it doesn't pay well then. 'Lots of paperwork' mean that it requires higher education too, right? Yeah, definitely not for me." He quickly dismisses the idea and concentrates on traversing the cavern.

His place started to slow down, being unused to the combination of the terrain and the cold that influenced the area. For moments when he'd feel himself start to slip on the ice, his Espeon's Psychic would keep him in place for a moment to stop his movements, giving him time to readjust his footing after the move dissipates. His heart races every instance it happens, calming himself on the next. He'd catch himself watching Lucas afterwards.

"L-Lucas," he'd call him by his name for the first time. The tendency to call everyone else by sir or ma'am almost managing to manifest itself at the spur of the moment. "Do you do this all the time? Treasure hunting, I mean. I thought scientists just lock themselves in their labs. You look like you're used to this kinda stuff."

Perhaps the adult would prefer to use a different term than Priam's own. Still, the point still stood. The curiosity he showed only prompted him to poke into Lucas' private life. Questions were bound to be asked, which was then followed with the ones that Priam felt was more crucial for him. "What do you do with the treasure after you find them? Sell them?"

The slope eventually evens out at the bottom, which meant that Priam had more freedom in his movements. He'd point his flashlight on multiple directions as soon as his legs were on solid ground, finding nothing worth noting amid the pile of dirt and rocks around them. Priam would have been crestfallen had he been alone, thinking he might have hit a dead end. He turned to his newly found acquaintance, eyes staring expectantly as he tried to seek his assistance on the matter. After all, if anyone had experience with these treasure hunting thing between the two of them, it would be Lucas.

Somehow, he expected him to know some kind of hidden switch or a door that required a password that would reveal a treasure trove, just like in the stories he heard as a child.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Season [GG]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2018 20:22:20 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Well, that was a one off" his voice was somber. "No one expected what would happen." He didn't push the topic of Regirock's temple any farther, that was enough for one day.

"Huh?" Lucas turns to look back at Priam as he asks about his past. The espeon beside Priam little more than a crutch "No, not really. Well a little bit actually, few years back. Been working in my spare time even the last few years." He pauses for a moment as the boy stutters. "You worried?" He turns his attention back ahead, mindful of rocks and ice patches scattered along the ground. Whatever happened down here was up to how they handled it, how they chose to react. As long as they didn't rush into anything without thinking first Lucas thought they'd be fine. There was no regirock down here to throw things off course.

"Depends. A lot of stuff goes into museums, and deserves to. Ownership is a tricky thing I'm not too sure about. I have bought a few things that did manage to be sold at auction. A few coins here and there, a vase, and even a bracelet." As the words came out of his mouth he had second thoughts about mentioning the relics to the boy. But dismisses them. Conrad was a young boy still in high school, not some rocket grunt or beast that'd want to steal his collection. "Stuff like crowns pop up too, though I've always been outbid on those." He thought back to those crowded nights where numbers flew through the air.

As the ground levels out he finds himself in what appears to be a room, mostly barren. Shining his flashlight ahead he found that there was no end in sight. Conrad looks to him for answers, but Lucas has none. Moving ahead all he can do is hope something catches his eye.

"Watch out for any crevices in the wall, they might have something." Caves were a good place to hide wealth, or in one instance in Alola makeshift graveyards.

5/5

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,640 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Season [GG]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2018 5:47:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
THE BRUMAL BOUNTY

[attr="class","ipad"]
PRIAM AND LANE DISCOVER...[break][break]

lucas' thorough search leads him to a particular crack in the wall. it whistles. a chilly gust comes from within; should priam or lucas apply enough pressure, the wall gives way to a small chamber. the chamber is frosted over, but not without intriguing details. a desk is pushed up against the wall. on top, an odd piece of equipment rests encased in ice. it's scientific in nature— and the apparatus looks like a miniature sewing machine with a suspended ray or laser pointed at a base. further in, the chamber opens up to another mouth of water. a small dock is here with a rope hastily loosened from a post. no boat is here to find.[break][break]

[break][break]

the duo would be able to find 200 poké scattered about in the form of coins or salvageable items such as vacant pokéballs, healing potions, telescopes, and other laboratory equipment. they would also be able to find two ability capsules. luckily, their fragile construction has survived whatever sent this chamber back into the ice age.[break][break]

[break][break]

but they're not alone. an odd-looking glalie, berserk and enraged patrols the area. the floating head shakes back and forth while an endless blizzard billows forth from its maw.[break][break]

NOTES[break]
if you have any questions, let me know! enjoy![break][break]
&

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,321 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Season [GG]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2018 4:09:51 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"I'll go this way then, and you can go there. We can cover more ground that way, right?" That way, should he find something nice, he can simply pocket it without the adult noticing before getting Lucas to his position.

He took note of the items Lucas listed as he searched the cavern walls for any possible opening that might contain valuables he mentioned. His hand ran across the walls as he walked along the perimeter, investigating any cranny that he passed by. The slightest tinkle of an artifact's sheen would be enough to attract the excited teenager's attention, though for the few moments that Priam has searched, he unfortunately found none.

As he was to go back to Lucas, his hand felt a part of the wall that wasn't as rigid as the others. Eyes would spot the particular crevice, a slight opening promising a huge room behind it from the rush of cold air coming from within. Flashing is light inside, the boy could spot complicated equipment he supposed only a scientist such as Lucas would appreciate. There was disappointment, but nothing else could be done, he supposed.

"Lucas!" he called, waving his hand up in the air to call his attention.

Being an impatient brat that he is, Priam did not wait for his companion to reach him before he decided to destroy the weaker part of the wall with a stomp. Everything went well as he had planned it to be, if one did not count the instance of a weird looking Glalie appearing behind the wall and instantly blowing the intruder away with a powerful Blizzard. The force was enough to destroy parts of the wall that Priam's kick couldn't and drop the temperature well below the comfortable level.

"Espeon, Psychic!"

The Eeveelution's eyes glowed, using its psychic abilities to counteract part of the attacks. A sort of force field was erected as the two moves clashed against each other. The winds behind his Espeon's move might have been reduced, though the chill and frost still rendered both the trainer and his Pokemon unable to move accordingly. The cold would quickly drain their heat and energy should the situation continue.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Season [GG]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2018 4:25:17 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Yeah yeah." Lucas thought that it'd go without saying that it'd be better to split up and search.

His part of the cave had less than satisfactory results as he searched every nook and cranny, turning up nothing. It didn't come as much of a surprise. He knew that many of these caves would be barren. A disappointing but true reality. Running his hand across the cool stone of the cavern walls he doubles back. As he hears Conrad's voice echoing through the room he broke into a light jog, his glaceon doing the same. "Coming!" Had the boy found something? He certainly hoped so. Thoughts ran through his head of what might have been found.

As time went on Lucas' jog breaks into a run as he hears a battle break out. Eyes widen as the battle comes into view. Shattered parts of a mechanism on the ground catch his eye. "What did you do?!" He clenches his empty hand, knuckles white. Something potentially priceless had been broken, already beyond repair. "Ymir, blizzard!" His feelings are pushed to the side as the glalie's blizzard is met with their own. The artificial winds rage in the tunnel, a thin layer of ice forming on nearby stone.

As the blizzards rage glalie hurled itself under their cover. Mouth open wide as it attempts to crunch Conrad's head off. "Watch it. Move!" Lucas was too far away from the boy to push him to the ground. He hoped Conrad would make it, despite his outburst towards him moments ago.

hit glalie with blizzard

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,321 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Season [GG]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2018 19:46:13 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
He could already feel his limbs go numb from the cold from the two sources of Blizzard. Fear might not have been able to keep him from acting, though the physical weakness he felt from the cold did. The air around him was reaching subzero temperatures quickly, with only small movements being the available courses of action from him. Thankfully, it was all he needed, though it certainly wasn't the move to end all things.

"D-D-Dig!"

Teeth chattering, the command went through nonetheless as he released a Pokemon from the device on his belt. The Dragon-type came out of its ball, quickly digging out a hole underneath him and his trainer, sinking both Priam and his Espeon with him. It allowed him to fall on his back, the Psychic-type landing on top of him and the Gabite situated just beside him. The sudden drop had caused the wild Pokemon's attack to miss, as well as get him out of the freezing winds.

There was a sigh of relief that came from him afterwards. His heart palpitated rapidly as he clutched his Espeon close to him for comfort. He would have given Lucas words that confirmed that he was fine, had he not felt the need to thaw himself out from the cold more important.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Season [GG]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2019 5:15:37 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Relief washes over the scientist as Priam sinks into a hole seconds before glalie would have collided. The ice type instead smashes into several stalagmites hanging low from the ceiling. They shatter, fragments of ice and rock falling to the cool cavern floor. At this time the Kabutops that had been lazily making its way back finally found itself by Lucas' side. A silver ball forms on the tip of its mouth, flying through the air within seconds. It collides with the dazed glalie, sending it crashing into the jagged wall. Promptly another blizzard from the glaceon follows. Lucas throws a single pokeball through the air, colliding with what he could only hope was a now fainted glalie. After shaking on the ground for several moments it comes to a halt. The mega glalie appears to be contained, for now.

"Come on, let's get you up." He stretches an arm out to the boy in the hole. "Now, you want to show me what you happened upon?" Allowing Priam to lead the way was Lucas' attempt at making him feel in control of his life. That what happens in this cave wasn't beyond his control.

hit glalie with ancient power and blizzard +capture attempt