awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
return to monkey [m] [c]
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 4:33:25 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Route 119. Quinn would know it as the commute home from work. The route frequented by nature lovers and triathlete freaks alike, all tuned in to the same frequency. The same love for fresh air and wind in their hair as they battled the multiple flavors of inhospitable terrain with naught but their own bodies.

A hilly region covered in patches of grass so tall you can't see what's infront of you while stepping through it, with a river running all the way down and feeding into the sea to the West of Hoenn eventually. Like a big vein leading right to a heart.

Casey Maverick found himself there, atop a rocky outcropping. Below, he could see trouble brewing in the forested area between patches of overgrown grass. Passimians and Primeapes fighting in large groups. It looked like a cartoon dustcloud, on soil that was too moist to produce such a thing. Casey sighed, his path blocked. Ontop of that, such an altercation could easily spill over and hurt people. Was it bags under his eyes, or a subtle eyeshadow?

He felt a pair of eyes on him, on his navy blue tracksuit that didn't suit the climate, though the setting sun softened this somewhat. "You too, huh? I'll figure something out, just hold on." He dug a hand through one of his long zip-up pockets, of the sort you could shoplift in. Whiscash? Skarmory? How about... He held the yellow and blue pokeball for a recently gifted Drifloon, just digging his fingers into it. Eventually he let it out, and the balloon let out a whistle that felt like a dissonant chord on a stringed instrument, clinging to his head.

TL;DR: Casey inadvertently does a faux-pas on the sea, this supposedly neutral ground.
close tab

played by

Banished

Doctor Riley
He/Him/His
February 27th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Pansexual
Weather Researcher
Civilian
Clear Skies Ahead
Single
15 height
15 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
76 posts
Quinn Riley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @quinn
Quinn Riley
return to monkey [m] [c]
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 19:58:42 GMT
Quinn Riley Avatar

“Oh man.” Quinn noticed the scuffle between Primeapes and Passimian rather quickly, unable to ignore the sounds of screeching from the combat. “Cirrus!” The Swablu soared in from overhead, landing on his shoulder as he approached another individual whose attention had been captured. “Hello!” Quinn smiled at the stranger, who upon closer inspection was rather attractive. This was the second handsome individual he’d met by chance on Route 119, perhaps he should eat his lunch outside more often. “We should do something to help, someone will get hurt if this spills over onto the main path.” He paused for a moment, realizing he hadn’t even introduced himself. “I’m Quinn, by the way.”

“Cirrus, can you distract some of them?” His Swablu let out a cheerful trill before taking off into flight once more. Cirrus swooped down low over the scene of the battle, releasing a powerful cry that managed to cut through some of the screeches and getting the attention of a couple of Primeape. “Wait, wait, wait!” What Quinn didn’t expect was for the Swablu to immediately fly back towards them, leading the two back towards himself and Casey. “I hope you’re ready.” Two rampaging Pokemon were barreling down upon them, and he was relying on their Drifloon to intervene in some way.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Coordinator/Podcaster/Musician
Admin
rest assured, he's still ripped
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
return to monkey [m] [c]
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 20:21:15 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Route 119. Casey would know it as a quaint hiking trail, miles from his new home in Lilycove. A winding path that was too shallow to be called a mountain, though there were waterfalls and rock walls. Surefire signs of tectonic plate activity pushing one layer of earth above another.

A hilly region densely forested. The two groups barreling into eachother for status sat at the bottom of the steep climb they stood atop; the sort of thing someone could scale on a bike at breakneck speeds, if they didn't mind the small but nonzero risk of Phineas Gaging themselves on the rocks.

Casey Maverick found himself there, acknowledged by Quinn. "If I'm not mistaken... this is the main path. Unless you're one of those masochists who likes to swim upriver." He said, as some of the Primeapes had the bright idea to scale the wall they stood on. So much for being safe.

He slowly peeled the Drifloon from his head, its body producing a low level of static and making his hair stand on end like some sort of nu-metal guy. "--I thought you knew what you were doing! They're gonna be up here in a second! I'll stall for time." He dug a hand through one of his long zip-up pockets, digging fingers into a pokeball nervously. One tried to brain the balloon with Hammer Arm, but the hand seemed to slip through. Drifloon used Gust, sending the line of primates getting ready to wrestle them careening down the cliff and drying the mud-slide bikers used to scale it.

TL;DR: Reject Society. Return to Monkey.
close tab

played by

Banished

Doctor Riley
He/Him/His
February 27th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Pansexual
Weather Researcher
Civilian
Clear Skies Ahead
Single
15 height
15 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
76 posts
Quinn Riley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @quinn
Quinn Riley
return to monkey [m] [c]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 2:12:06 GMT
Quinn Riley Avatar

“I…” Quinn did in fact enjoy swimming up river, often doing it every morning before work. He remained silent though on the matter, realizing that the dispute wasn’t relevant to their current situation. “I’m not a trainer, I don’t know how to battle!” He couldn’t remember the last time he’d been in a legitimate Pokémon battle, likely since his earlier years of attending Slateport University.

He watched as the primate Pokémon tumbled down the cliffside, cast aside by the mighty Gust summoned by Driftloon. “Okay, uhm...use Sing!” Cirrus swooped down the cliff, belting out a chirping lullaby the entire way down. A few monkeys were caught in the wake of the sleep-inducing song, dropping to the ground in a deep snooze. Other dusted themselves off and screeched loudly, determined to get after the trainers.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Coordinator/Podcaster/Musician
Admin
rest assured, he's still ripped
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
return to monkey [m] [c]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 20:35:37 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

They could talk more about swimming upstream later. Casey flinched when Quinn stated that he didn't know about battling. Casey himself was no expert. He only thought of being good enough to get on TV. "Well, we'll figure it out. There's no other option, now that they've seen us." He said, as some of the Primeapes had the bright idea to scale the wall they stood on again. So much for being safe. Casey had a devilish grin spread across his face, reaching the skin around his eyes.

It was unclear if it was a purple eyeliner fitting his thin face, or bags under his eyes. His eyes narrowed at the Primeapes that weren't subdued. "I've got this." He dug a hand through one of his long zip-up pockets, digging fingers into a pokeball nervously. One tried to launch into Fury Swipes, and failed to make its mark. Drifloon retaliated with Ominous Wind. A blast of purple-tinted air particles that looked no more harsh than Gust, but was tinged with the unnerving feeling of a ghost passing through you. Casey looked like he'd been hit with it too, the way that his hair stood on end.

TL;DR: Reject Society. Return to Monkey.