Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
Lately I get the feeling nothing works cause we're cursed.
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
Boulevard Blues
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 3:44:09 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","morhuman3"]
[attr="class","morhuman3-big-img"]

[attr="class","morhuman3-1"]
[attr="class","morhuman3-title"]
Step into the fire[break]This is my magnum opus

[attr="class","morhuman3-tagged"]

[attr="class","morhuman3-subtitle"]
I feel it coming now, It's too late to shut it down. Over the mountain now, I'm Burning the valley down. I don't know where my mind is.

[attr="class","morhuman3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","morhuman3-post"]

[attr="class","morhuman3-icon"]

The void returned in the dead of night. When the demons played and the devil's danced. All-consuming, not even the bottom of a bottle offered an escape. And so Xander wandered the streets a drunken mess of a man. He was a shadow under the Slateport lights. A phantom traveling in an aimless direction down a broken boulevard.

[break][break]

His whole world was twisting and turning in more ways than he could describe. There was more to blame than just the alcohol. It blurred the world, but there was something beyond the darkness that consistently gnawed at what remained of his heart.

[break][break]

He thought of her, of , and how reuniting had mixed colors into grey paint. Where those feeling new? Or had they been there the whole time, and he hadn't noticed?

[break][break]

Xander stopped in the middle of the street underneath a lamppost. His signature frown frustratingly sprawled across his face. He titled his head up, amber eyes gazing bitterly at the stars above.

[break][break]

He shouted into the silence that surrounded him at the top of his lungs. "Fuck!" his voice echoed, "FUCK!" louder and with more force, he continued to yell.

[break][break]

"I hate this shit!"

[attr="class","morhuman3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

<3
[attr="class","morhuman3-bot"][attr="class","th th-pencil"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.morhuman3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; }.morhuman3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.morhuman3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.morhuman3-1 { border:solid 1px #232323;position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.morhuman3-title { font:800 42px VT323;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#df4567;margin-left:-5px;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.morhuman3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:172px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.morhuman3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-167px; }.morhuman3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.morhuman3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.morhuman3-tagged a:hover { color:#bd9fc9!important; }.morhuman3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#a3a3a3;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.morhuman3-pkmn { margin:25px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.morhuman3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.morhuman3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.morhuman3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.morhuman3-post { color:#E7EFE8;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.morhuman3-post i { color:#a3a3a3; }.morhuman3-post b { color:#df4567;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.morhuman3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:90px;width:90px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.morhuman3-icon img { height:90px;width:90px;border-radius:3px;filter:contrast(80%); }.morhuman3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#df4567;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#2b2b2b;font-size:45px; }.morhuman3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;padding-left:110px;font:13px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#999999;height:75px; }.morhuman3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#df4567;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.morhuman3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.morhuman3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.morhuman3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#272727!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
Boulevard Blues
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 4:43:59 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-suzu]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
slateport city: lower district

[attr=class,lyric1]
my cruel friend is a

[attr=class,lyric2]
funeral bell

[attr=class,bulk]
Each step against the pavement felt like someone was jackhammering a nail into the space behind her eye. The bright lights above that illuminate her path are painful and she winces and blinks away from them. Some streets are worse than others, but paranoia prevents her from taking the darker routes. [break][break]

Home. That was where she wanted to be. was waiting for her, surely- or perhaps he was on his own errand and unaware she was even gone. She lets out a short, harsh laugh, one of self-pity and disappointment. [break][break]

But the ID card she'd been retrieving was still pinched between two fingers in the folds of her oversized hoodie. For the most part, they hid the abuse. It just couldn't hide the cut on her bottom lip and the cresent-shaped cut on her other cheek. He'd spared her scarred up face in favor of giving her a new one. It stings whenever she thinks too hard about it or winces when her busted lip splits again.[break][break]

Even still, despite her injuries, they were mild in comparison. She'd done her job perfectly, really, and she'd gotten out of there unrecognized and nothing but an insignificant inconvenience for the man she'd been sent to steal from. Just some punk kid out on the streets begging for hand-outs.[break][break]

He wouldn't miss this old thing, right?[break][break]

Suzume's attention skirts across the road to the man caught in the light of a streetlamp. She pauses, tensing, fully prepared to pick a fight. But the man doesn't appear to see her, in return, and instead begins shouting up to the night sky. Familiarity washes over her like a cold washcloth against her headache. [break][break]

"I'm sure the whole neighborhood hates it too, Xan."[break][break]

She tilts her head at the man, hoodie masking her face. But the angle of the light might shine on her blossoming bruises.[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-suzucredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .accentbg"]background: #313131;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .accentborder"]border-color: #313131;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .tagline a, .punkianger-suzu .bulk b, .punkianger-suzucredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/YfZwJBw/suzuna-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(113,96,117,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #716075; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzucredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzucredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
Boulevard Blues
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 2:13:29 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[nospaces]

I feel it coming now, It's too late to shut it down. Over the mountain now, I'm Burning the valley down. I don't know where my mind is.

Xander was flying high on a kite of angst under drunken winds until he heard her voice. The way she calms the air is subtle. She brings him down with a gentle breeze that she doesn't even notice.

[break][break]

"They're not my problem."

[break][break]

Slateport was smaller than everyone thought it was. How else did you explain him running into the person he was trying to avoid. The one he couldn't get out of his head.

[break][break]

"We can't seem to get away from each other."

[break][break]

An anxiousness in his chest keeps his feet glued to the concrete. Golden eyes are reluctant to look anywhere but ahead. He forces them to anyway. The hint of a bruise underneath the shadow of Suzu's hood captures his attention.

[break][break]

It's an impulsive, almost instinctual urge to protect that loosens Xander's shoes from the ground. There's a chance for her to stop him as he reaches inside her hood to push it down. Either way, what he says stays the same.

[break][break]

"Suzu, what happened?"

notes about this post

<3

[newclass=.morhuman3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; }.morhuman3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.morhuman3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.morhuman3-1 { border:solid 1px #232323;position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.morhuman3-title { font:800 42px VT323;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#df4567;margin-left:-5px;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.morhuman3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:172px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.morhuman3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-167px; }.morhuman3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.morhuman3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.morhuman3-tagged a:hover { color:#bd9fc9!important; }.morhuman3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#a3a3a3;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.morhuman3-pkmn { margin:25px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.morhuman3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.morhuman3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.morhuman3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.morhuman3-post { color:#E7EFE8;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.morhuman3-post i { color:#a3a3a3; }.morhuman3-post b { color:#df4567;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.morhuman3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:90px;width:90px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.morhuman3-icon img { height:90px;width:90px;border-radius:3px;filter:contrast(80%); }.morhuman3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#df4567;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#2b2b2b;font-size:45px; }.morhuman3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;padding-left:110px;font:13px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#999999;height:75px; }.morhuman3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#df4567;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.morhuman3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.morhuman3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.morhuman3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#272727!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
Boulevard Blues
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 2:26:06 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]
my cruel friend is a

[attr=class,lyric2]
funeral bell

[attr=class,bulk]
Suzu shrugs, admittedly amused and impressed by his flat response.[break][break]

"Fair, valid, yeah. Fuck 'em."[break][break]

She chuckles a bit, but smiling hurts, so she sucks in a breath and tilts her chin away. Her tongue swipes against raw skin and she can taste iron. It makes her eyes squeeze shut tight for a moment, choking that pain down. [break][break]

One hand rises to brush at her lip, relieved to see that her swipe comes back dry.[break][break]

But her green eyes shift back to Xander with surprise, or maybe a convoluted mixture of shock and disappointment. The way he said that put into words what she'd already feared: he was avoiding her. [break][break]

Why did that hurt? It wasn't as if he owed her his presence, it wasn't as if it even mattered.[break][break]

And he won't look her in the eye and, for a moment, she forgets about the bruise beneath her eye and the busted lip. Her fingers brush the deep cut along her cheek, the one that had been healed several times over until it was a permanent, ugly reminder.[break][break]

He thought she was ugly, didn't he? [break][break]

Suzume opens her mouth to rip into him, but all of a sudden he's closed the distance and his hand is inside of her hood. It catches her off guard and she wants to step away but she can't. Caught like a deer in headlights, she stares up at him, unable to move. The wind catches her cuts and she winces at the cold as it stings raw skin.[break][break]

"Just a scrap. What do you care, anyway? Haven't heard a word from you since you bailed on me on that bus."[break][break]

She can't mask the hurt in her voice as much as she wanted to. She glances at the ground, turning her face away from him and to the ground, showing to him in full-view the horrific scar across her left cheek.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .tagline a, .punkianger-suzu .bulk b, .punkianger-suzucredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/YfZwJBw/suzuna-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(113,96,117,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #716075; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzu .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-suzucredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
Boulevard Blues
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 3:39:11 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[nospaces]

The hood falls, and Xander's not sure what to say. He knows how he feels - angry that something happened to her. Eager to find out who it was and light their ass on fire. But the words needed to express that are lost. They're stuck at the back of his throat, somewhere next to his heart.

[break][break]

Empathy still forces him to wince as she does from the wind. There's a frown on his face now. It fits so naturally, worn with all the style of a well-tailored suit.

[break][break]

"Just a scrape, my ass."

[break][break]

When she looks down, Xander's already moving to tilt her head up at him. His fingers touch the bottom of her chin and drag it up. His touch and the movement itself are smooth, but his skin isn't. It's calloused, the tell-tale sign of an artist who frequently puts pencil to paper.

[break][break]

"What, why wouldn't I care? Because I bailed on you? Me not reaching out was just my way of giving you some space."

[break][break]

Gold and emerald clash as their eyes meet. He's taking in the damage done to her. A black eye and a busted lip - they got her good. Knowing Suzu, she probably gave as well as she got.

[break][break]

"You're someone important to me. I'm going to care if you get hurt."

notes about this post

<3

close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
Boulevard Blues
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 22:56:21 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]
my cruel friend is a

[attr=class,lyric2]
funeral bell

[attr=class,bulk]
Like you care.[break][break]

Those words are left unspoken, bitterness building in the back of her throat. But all of that seems to fade, caught off guard as his hand catches her chin. Suzume breathes out softly, eyes widening for a moment in surprise before hardening defensively. Unexpected physical touch was jarring, even from him.[break][break]

Even though, despite pulling away, she almost wishes she hadn't.[break][break]

"Space? Why the fuck would I need space for? We haven't seen each other since we were little kids, that's plenty of space already."[break][break]

There is hurt in her voice, louder than the pain she feels when she speaks. Her lip bleeds and she licks at it angrily, sucking in air at the sting.[break][break]

"You don't care, Xan. Because if you did, you wouldn't have left me behind then- and you wouldn't have left me behind on that bus. I'm not important to you."[break][break]

Warmth as a result of anger, she wills herself to believe, rises in her face as his gold eyes search her face. His attention to detail, his lingering attention, his concern, is overwhelming. But it also too much, a false reminder of her self-doubt. He might linger on her ugliness too long, might look away sharply to avoid.[break][break]

"Why the fuck're you staring at me?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
Boulevard Blues
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 14:05:21 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[nospaces]

"This right here is why I gave you space. I try to do something nice or be concerned, and you fucking explode on me."

[break][break]

The rest of what she has to say cuts into him deep like a knife. Words on the tip of his tongue get choked down. So that's how she felt. Like he'd left her behind to be discarded and forgotten. Anger and sadness, conflicting emotions, struggle for a place on his face. Eventually, they settle into a stoic frown.

[break][break]

"I had to leave, to think - to process something I'd been ignoring for the last eleven years." that he was still ignoring now. "I couldn't do that with you or Kiara around. It's something I had to do alone."

[break][break]

His eyes never leave her, even as she's yelling at him for staring. It takes him a moment to answer. The nervous beat of his heart has him hesitant to respond. Liquid courage pushes the answer off his tongue and into the air.

[break][break]

"Because you're beautiful."

notes about this post

<3

close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
Boulevard Blues
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 3:32:31 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]
my cruel friend is a

[attr=class,lyric2]
funeral bell

[attr=class,bulk]
"Because you are impossible, Xander."[break][break]

She shouts back at him, regardless of whether his own voice is raised. For some reason, rage bubbles up in her chest like a volcano about to burst. They'd had their spats as kids, sure, like over miscellaneous toys. Suzume had always been an arrogant, hotheaded child, and Xander something adjacent to a doormat.[break][break]

In fact, most of their arguments were likely because her friend wouldn't speak up for himself than they were because she was actually mad at him. Which lead to the question:[break][break]

Why was she mad?[break][break]

"And wow, look at that, Xan. You're giving me that blank, stupid frown. When you don't know what to say, when you don't want to speak up, you just frown. As if you think pinching your face like that will just make all of your problems go away."[break][break]

Why did she feel like crying?[break][break]

Suzu shakes her head, one hand raising instinctively as the sudden, rapid movement makes her head spin.[break][break]

"Something you'd been ignoring? What are you talking about?. We were just delivering some eggs, what more is there to think about? You aren't.. making any sense."[break][break]

All of her yelling is making her nauseous. She feels pale and tired all of a sudden.[break][break]

But all of that comes to a dramatic standstill when he stares at her. While she's angry and blistering and upset, close to tears and seconds from lashing out physically, his eyes are on her. They are steadying and still, and for the first time she sees something real behind those golden depths. Something honest and afraid.[break][break]

Stubbornness and self-loathing prevent her from seeing the truth. Whatever moment of clarity is dashed immediately by his admission.[break][break]

"No, I'm not. You're lying, you're deflecting. Just shut up."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
Boulevard Blues
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 20:11:25 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[nospaces]

There aren't many people that Xander would let talk to him like this. Anyone else but her, and he'd have either shut them down or walked away. The fact she doesn't understand he's only a doormat for her stabs at his heart.

[break][break]

He forces his lips to straighten, but they remain tight on his otherwise neutral face. Why did he frown so much? He searches himself for an answer but can't seem to find one. At some point, wearing one just started to feel so natural. That he barely even noticed he was frowning anymore.

[break][break]

"I've got a lot to think about Suzu. My life, the numbness in my chest that never seems to go away."

[break][break]

"You..." he whispers.

[break][break]

Xander's nervous in a way that he's never been before. It's like he knows the words he wants to say but can't get them to form. They're stuck inside his mind in a weird, tangled mess of thoughts and emotions.

[break][break]

Ironic, then, that it's the alcohol that manages to untangle everything into something cohesive.

[break][break]

"You shut up. I'm not deflecting anything." he draws closer, hand reaching out to touch her yet again. Rather than her chin, he goes for her cheek - the one with the scar.

[break][break]

"And I'm not lying either. You're gorgeous..."

[break][break]

There it is again, the spark that floods his world with color. Xander ran away from it last time. Afraid of what might happen if he lingered outside the black and white panels that were his life. He refuses to turn away.

[break][break]

"You're breathtaking, Suzume. A masterpiece."

notes about this post

<3

close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
Boulevard Blues
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2021 2:23:02 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]
my cruel friend is a

[attr=class,lyric2]
funeral bell

[attr=class,bulk]
She wants to hit him. [break][break]

He says that his chest is numb and so her first instinct is to strike him, to beat her fists against it and to yell at him. But she doesn't do either of those things. Instead, she stands there and stares at him because nothing he's saying is making any sense. [break][break]

'You..'[break][break]

The way he says that, the way he seems breathless and awkward and nervous spills over onto her. It leaves her stunned, leaves her overwhelmed. Like her nerves are shot and she can't breathe because what he was saying was so stupid and so air-headed.[break][break]

"Me shut up? What-- no, you don't get to--"[break][break]

She's sputtering, and white-hot rage rises in her like a volcano fit to burst. But before it can, before she can say something she doesn't mean, Xander closes that gap between them with his hand tucked against her cheek. It makes her flinch and unable to form a thought.[break][break]

Suzume is frozen, caught between wanting to run and wanting to stay and wanting to twist his wrist and flip him onto his back for daring to touch her. [break][break]

But his thumb brushes her scar and the feeling is so real and so tender that it literally paralyzes her. He murmurs and his eyes never stray from her bright green eyes. [break][break]

"I-- no-- you're lying."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
Boulevard Blues
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 2:34:39 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[nospaces]

"I'm not lying." he repeats. "You're beautiful." Xander's firm, confident in refusing to accept any other answer.

[break][break]

It's strange, looking at her, really looking at her through non-tinted lenses. It's like Xander's seeing her for the first time. Noticing things he'd never spotted before.

[break][break]

How her hair falls in front of her face, hiding just enough of those emerald eyes to be cute. Her skin, pale but somehow glowing under the lamplight. Even Suzu's scar carved into her face by Arceus knows what. Adds rather than subtracts from what he finds so captivating about her. Then there are her lips.

[break][break]

Busted and bleeding yet still begging to be kissed.

[break][break]

He might ruin their friendship. Suzu might hit him and leave, disappear from his life forever. The thoughts cloud his mind, but they don't stop him. Xander pushes ahead, acting on something he only barely understands.

[break][break]

Strands of silver hair get brushed aside as he leans forward. A kiss, gentle and mindful of the damage Suzu endured, is placed on her lips. Salty with the taste of iron and blood.

[break][break]

But Xander doesn't care.

notes about this post

<3

close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
Boulevard Blues
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 2:45:24 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]
my cruel friend is a

[attr=class,lyric2]
funeral bell

[attr=class,bulk]
Never in her life had she felt this way. [break][break]

Never in her life had she felt this strange tug, this uncomfortable feeling of helplessness. Like she was falling, or drowning, or sinking in quicksand. Nothing she says, nothing she can do, nothing she can see or hear or think or taste or smell is comforting to her.[break][break]

But he is.[break][break]

Even despite her cruel words, her complaints, her blind and confusing rage- misdirected- he still remains.[break][break]

It catches her off-guard and she instinctively opens her mouth to fight back again, to say something even colder, even crueler.[break][break]

You're beautiful.[break][break]

No. No that wasn't right. That wasn't true.[break][break]

Xander's attention, from anyone else, should be intimidating. He's analyzing her, picking her apart piece by piece, absorbing all of the information, all of the ugly, all of the pain and the fear and standing quiet against it. She should be concealing her emotion, remaining placid and unreadable. But in front of him she turns to a short-circuiting, fried connection of wires.[break][break]

"I--"[break][break]

Rough skin brushes her cheek, gently tugging strands of her silver hair. He leans down and into her, his own lips brushing hers. The sensation is electrifying where any other time, with any other person, it had been flat. [break][break]

What he was doing, what she had done to countless targets, was a distraction. It was a means to disorient and overwhelm, and she had fallen victim to it. All of her practice, all of her training, it amounted to nothing.[break][break]

For the first time in her life, she felt something when her lips were pressed to someone else's. For the first time in her life, she kisses back with a hunger she's never felt before. It overcomes the pain in her lip, the pain in her bruised cheek as she bumps against him. [break][break]

All that exists, all that she feels, is him.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
Boulevard Blues
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 3:07:35 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[nospaces]

He's expecting her to recoil or to pull away and cut at him with sharp words. She meets him with embrace rather than rejection. His chest warms, and he can't help but pull her closer. The heat of her body, her fire, melts away the ice that encased his heart years ago.

[break][break]

There had been others before Suzu. Two or three, but none of them had given him this feeling. None of them had been able to paint on the canvas that was him quite like her. It's easy to get lost in the sensation, one that's foreign but familiar at the same time. It's a mixture of excitement, longing, and something unknown.

[break][break]

Xander deepens the kisses hoping to find what that something is. Hands wrap around her waist, fingers curling into the fabric of her shirt. The heat between them rises, and he embraces it fully. Consume him, burn him alive, anything to get more of whatever he's feeling.

notes about this post

<3

close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
Boulevard Blues
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 13:42:33 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]
my cruel friend is a

[attr=class,lyric2]
funeral bell

[attr=class,bulk]
She loved him.[break][break]

But those words, that admission, that realization was so far out of her reach. She had never loved anyone, not even herself. This embrace, while familiar, had never felt this real. It had always been almost an out-of-body experience, a means to distract whoever's lips were locked in hers.[break][break]

This time, though, Suzu wasn't searching for anything. She wasn't hoping to gain, to steal, to bribe. [break][break]

And yet when his hands slide around her waist and twist into the fabric of her shirt, her body responds naturally, craving his touch. The deepening of his kiss excites her, elicits a warmth in her chest that is foreign and terrifying.[break][break]

Fear, however, is a powerful motivator. [break][break]

As easily as she had fallen into his throes and lost herself in his touch, she recoils. She gasps, pushing off from his chest and staring at him like a deer in headlights. [break][break]

"What are you doing?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
Boulevard Blues
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 14:09:00 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[nospaces]

The answer is so close. A few more seconds and Xander will know. He'll know for sure, without question, that she's the one he -

[break][break]

Suzu pushes it away.

[break][break]

"I was kissing you." and she was kissing him back. He hadn't imagined that, had he? His tongue runs across his lips, where her taste still lingers. No, he was sure of it. She'd been swept away too.

[break][break]

"You can't tell me you didn't enjoy that."

[break][break]

He's not going to apologize. Not for...whatever the hell that was. All Xander wants to do is go back in for a second kiss. Another chance to hold her close and feel her pressed against him.

[break][break]

"I want to do it again."

notes about this post

<3