failure to launch [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
failure to launch [m]
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 1:25:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-av]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lilycove city

[attr=class,lyric1]
she listens like spring and she

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
Sweat beads on her brow as the next heavy crate is carefully set down on the back of the truck. She lets out a sigh of relief that is quickly squandered by the glance over her shoulder to the half dozen more that yet remained. It never ceased to amaze her just how many eggs accumulated in the spring and summer months.[break][break]

"Sheesh.."[break][break]

Already, her arms are exhausted. The truck driver is attempting to assist, but he isn't much bigger than she is, frankly, and not all that helpful. Possibly dealing with bowel issues too due to his need to use the daycare's restroom several times in the last hour.[break][break]

Which would be fine if these eggs didn't need to be on the road back to Fortree in the next half hour.[break][break]

[break]

notes: eggs in one basket - mission

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-avcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentbg"]background: #A76B62;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentborder"]border-color: #A76B62;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a, .punkianger-av .bulk b, .punkianger-av .bulk i, .punkianger-avcredit a"]color: #D9A9BD;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/HNw1Xqh/avery-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #313131; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(217,169,189,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #D9A9BD; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
failure to launch [m]
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 16:54:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FAILURE TO LAUNCH

a tie to loose ends

FERNANDO DELOADS HIS TRUCK EARLIER IN THE DAY. The constant stream of cargo from ’s ‘sanctuary’ has long since come into his supply line considering the breeding habits of her Pokemon. The fact she looks to mimic them with her own mate is information he doesn’t needs to know but one he smiles through as they proceed through the rest of their awkward conversation.

The truck is released onto the road and Fernando cranes his neck from being held at an awkward angle for so long. He can feel his shoulders stiffen from the repeated motions but doesn’t hesitate to approach the other vehicle.

It’s unaffiliated with his business and he has no obligation to help, but he does so anyway. He’s already here and curious to inspect other avenues of business. He has no doubt in his mind they cannot compare to Cait but he’s welcome to being pleasantly surprised.

Afternoon,” he greetings, sparing a glance between Avery and the cargo that still needs to be brought on board.

Need a hand?

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
failure to launch [m]
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 20:22:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lilycove city

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
When Fernando approaches and the smell of exhaust bleeds onto the street following the departing vehicle, Avery is struggling to lift the next crate into the back. Her face is red and strained, sweat beading on her brow, and she's incidentally gotten her hair trapped underneath the crate as she sets it down. He startles her and she jolts upright, pulling her hair painfully out from under.[break][break]

"Oh! Afternoon, sir. I-- umm.."[break][break]

He offers her a hand and she glances around at the work that remains and her still-missing driver. With a sigh, the woman brushes hair out of her face and glances back at him sheepishly.[break][break]

"I suppose I might, huh.. These should have been on the road by now for Fortree, but I'm a bit behind schedule."[break][break]

She blushes, evidently embarrassed by her lack of self-sufficiency. But she is not in any sort of state to refuse help, so she waves for him to follow her.[break][break]

"Are you sure, sir? I saw you loading up another truck earlier."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a, .punkianger-av .bulk b, .punkianger-av .bulk i, .punkianger-avcredit a"]color: #D9A9BD;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/HNw1Xqh/avery-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #313131; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(217,169,189,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #D9A9BD; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
failure to launch [m]
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 22:53:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FAILURE TO LAUNCH

a tie to loose ends

DECISIONS RIDE ON THE CUSP OF INDECISIVENESS. Fernando accepts her wavering statement as a confirmation that yes, she does need his help. As for the physical labor, he thinks nothing of it. His nosiness supersedes the momentary pain of heavy lifting.

It’s nothing,” he dismisses with a truthful statement.

He trails after her, only a few steps behind.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
failure to launch [m]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 1:13:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lilycove city

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
"O-okay, if you're sure, sir!"[break][break]

She stammers, unsure what else to say. But she pulls back her hair and gestures to one of the heavier crates. It held several eggs from rock-type Pokemon. [break][break]

"I just need these on the back of the truck here, if you don't mind. I'll help."[break][break]

Avery squats down next to it, though her help would almost certainly be unneeded. She'd eventually climb into the back of the truck to help direct him where to set it.[break][break]

"Were you helping Miss Alfric?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
failure to launch [m]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 1:23:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FAILURE TO LAUNCH

a tie to loose ends

FERNANDO SQUATS WITH HIS LEGS. He knows better than to let his back do the work. It almost seems like he accentuates the motion, back straight, hands hooked underneath, before rising with the forefront of the weight tilted onto his end.

The crate proves heavy but not so much that it’s impossible to move. It’s uncomfortable but he suffers through the short walk back until it’s time to push it forward.

Indeed,” he heaves. “Alfric is a good friend of mine.

He lines up the crate with her position and slowly slides it in.

Making sure those eggs were loaded up was as important for her as it was for me.

For Fernando, that last sentence is no more than a white lie. But to another, it means the difference between a pleasant conversation and a rising stomach ache.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
failure to launch [m]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 1:34:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lilycove city

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
"Oh! Be careful, sir, don't hurt yourself!"[break][break]

But evidently, he doesn't need her concern: he's capable and makes it look easy. She brushes fingertips against the eggs before re-closing the lid. [break][break]

"She's a lovely lady! Very kind and good with Pokemon, I'm glad you were able to help her, too."[break][break]

She smiles fondly. Despite the heat and the sweat on her brow, a lingering sweet scent wafts between them, with her being the source. Avery takes a deep breath before gingerly sliding off the truck.[break][break]

"Next one!"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
failure to launch [m]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 7:56:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FAILURE TO LAUNCH

a tie to loose ends

LATHER, RINSE, REPEAT. Fernando undergoes the process once again. A box is moved from point A to point B while they continues seemingly harmless small talk. Each comment Fernando makes is laced with a white lie, typical for a polite conversation he has no interest in. Pleasantries, while done out of respect, with an intent to maintain his reputations, is fraught with lies, small ones but stacked with enough to make her sick.

"Indeed." Fernando grunts as he takes another step with his load leaning into him. "Wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
failure to launch [m]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 23:34:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lilycove city

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
Nausea creeps up like dread, prickling the fine hairs at the back of her neck. It starts slow, insignificant. At first, she chalks it up to overexertion, maybe not enough water intake. [break][break]

She breathes out slow, breath shaky, before glancing over her shoulder in search of her water bottle. The more he talks, the worse it gets- but she doesn't put two and two together. She never has.[break][break]

It was like being pregnant and suffering random bouts of morning sickness, probably. Except she wasn't seeing anyone.[break][break]

"I need to sit down.. for a moment.."[break][break]

Thankfully, the truck is loaded and the driver has returned. He waves the two of them farewell and has the woman sign paperwork before driving off. The exhaust is suffocating, and she pales, fighting the sudden urge to vomit.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
failure to launch [m]
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 21:17:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FAILURE TO LAUNCH

a tie to loose ends

"WE'RE DONE HERE."

Even Fernando breaks out in a light sweat from moving heavy cargo back and forth. Like Avery, he chalks her moment of weakness as nothing more than overexertion. "Rest then," he mentions ushering her to take a seat. From there Fernando keeps silent, watching over her for a few moments as her powers readjust.

Unfortunately, he is not her keeper. When too much time elapses he too bids farewell.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
failure to launch [m]
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 23:16:15 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: