he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,502 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Smol vs Smol (Hideo vs Eris) (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 1:44:53 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo walked to the next battle arena, his one hand holding on to his Beheeyem’s. He had to walk a little slower than usual, so Elga could keep pace with him, but that was ok; wasn’t like he had to rush to every match.

But this time, he didn’t have his Rotomdex out. It said it needed to charge for a bit, so now he had to have a different Pokemon help guide him. Also, he’d...gotten a bit frustrated with how unhelpful his Rotomdex had been the last few matches. Elga was able to do a lot better without even using words.

He entered the stage for their next battle. It was another person he knew, and he waved to her the moment he was made aware she was here. “Hey, Eris!” Hopefully she was doing better after the whole Melmetal debacle; he knew Doug wasn’t happy with her. Hideo himself barely managed to get out of that debacle without his parents grounding him for life. “Guess it’s you and me this time, huh? I promise that me and Elga here won’t hold back!

His Beheeyem took his position in the arena, waiting for Eris’s chosen Pokemon to do the same.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,887 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 7:15:57 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]花散らせ今吹くこの嵐は
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]THEME
[break]
vibe![break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
ready to rumble!

The more Eris looks at her next opponent, the more she's unsure on how she should be feeling. Despite how they'd left the excursion on bad terms, Hideo hasn't seemed to change his attitude towards her in the slightest, still happy and welcoming as he greets her across the field.
[break][break]
"Heya Hideo! Didn't expect to see you here!" Patting her Salazzle on her back, Eris knows that disguises and deflections won't work on someone who doesn't rely on their vision to grasp reality. Instead, she embraces the name and gives Kiara one last look of encouragement, allowing her to take the field as they watch the Beheeyem closely.
[break][break]
"Don't worry! Kiara and I will be trying our best too!"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800][googlefont=Hachi+Maru+Pop]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,502 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 12:28:49 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Yeah! Crazy that we get a match so soon!” He was halfway tempted to make a “see you too!” joke, but he didn’t want to make it seem like he was teasing her or something. Their last meeting had been kind of rocky, to put it lightly, though not in terms of what happened between them.

But that was that, and this is this. And it was time to focus on this battle. Elga informed him that their opponent was a familiar one; Hideo had a Salazzle of his own - for a while now, though he wasn’t too keen on using her.

He’d learned to take the first move if he could. It’d help control the flow of the match better. “Elga...how about we take this nice and calmly?” The wording was a bit vague, but courtesy of Elga’s Telepathy, his Beheeyem knew exactly what to do. The only outward sign that he’d used Calm Mind would be his body glowing.

Beheeyem used Calm Mind

Calm Mind uses:  1

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,887 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 6:47:11 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
vibe![break][break]

[break]
ready to rumble!

Even if she doesn't hear the command, Eris can more or less deduce that Hideo is up to no good. Sensing danger on the horizon, Kiara looks back to her and she nods back, her hands moving as she gives a signal. With that, the Salazzle inhales, spewing out a giant cloud of Smog at Elga.
[break][break]
Unlike her many other opponents, Hideo has a distinct disadvantage in being unable to react without Elga's assistance in catching her commands. There's a chance that she will revert to her usual form of communicating orders but for now, she's willing to test the waters with this little trick of her own.
[break][break]
"So uh... how's everything been? Did you end up getting grounded or something?"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,502 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 14:22:53 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Elga had a habit of giving Hideo as much information as possible via his Telepathy. He knew Eris was moving her hands in an odd way. It was only once he heard the Salazzle breathe in and out - with Elga telling him the Salazzle spewed a gas - that he realized that those hand signals had meant an order.

Clever. Though he doubted Eris knew, the information Elga shared wasn’t clear enough for Hideo to know exactly what movements she made. Then again, he’d already battled trainers whose Pokemon understood vague orders. Some could even go loose without any orders.

But he couldn’t be impressed for long; he had to battle. “Elga, don’t get caught in that!” Hideo ordered, unaware Elga was already moving out of the way the moment he started speaking. He wasn’t able to get out of way of the cloud entirely, the poisonous air burning his body, but he avoided breathing any of it in (yes, he breathed), sparing him longer-lasting damage.

Hideo was half-distracted by Eris’s conversation-starter, but Elga made sure to make him focus long enough to make an order. “Uh, Simple Beam her.” Elga would do just that, firing a series of psychic rings at the Salazzle.

Now to chatting - sounded like she was somewhat comfortable talking about the whole bicycle trail incident. “I got pretty lucky. Doug chewed me out and the mentor I was supposed to be with, and I don’t think I’ll ever get that mentor again, but I told my parents that we stumbled on the scene during the mentorship stuff and got involved that way.

Thank Arceus the video he had his Rotomdex take was (as far as he knew) solely in League hands. If it ever found its way to his parents, ooh boy that wasn’t gonna end well for him.

How about you? I hope Doug didn’t grill you that bad.

Beheeyem was hit by the Smog, but wasn't poisoned.
Beheeyem used Simple Beam to try and disable the Salazzle's ability (even if it has 0 effect on him).

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,887 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 12:44:21 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
vibe![break][break]

[break]
ready to rumble!

So she was right in her assumptions, a light smile dusting her lips as she hums. It's a little underhanded of her but at the very same time, she had faced her fair share of trainers who fought with the exact same tactics. With Elga moving based on his own decisions, Eris shifts her left foot just slightly, tilting her head at Hideo's command as Kiara follows up.
[break][break]
The Salazzle barely blinks at the psychic rings, making no attempt to dodge them. Instead, she takes yet another breath of air, exhaling a long row of fire at the Beheeyem in an attempt to Incinerate him.
[break][break]
Pretty lucky is one way to phrase things but she does suppose that a lecture is much better than being grounded.
[break][break]
"He hasn't grilled me." Her words come with a hint of truth - After all, her fleeing the scene meant a loss of contact before Doug could actually sit her down for a long talk. But she neglects to mention that fact, watching as Kiara begins to sweep the field with her fiery breath.
[break][break]
"I'll probably get in trouble with a bunch of other people though... specifically pa when he finds out about it."
[break][break]
[break]
༻ Salazzle's ability was changed from CORROSION to SIMPLE[break][break]
༻ Salazzle used INCINERATE on Beheeyem

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,502 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 13:48:34 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo halfway-expected another Smog to come out after the Salazzle breathed in again. But this time, he could hear the crackling of fire spew out, and he knew Elga didn’t have a chance of dodging it; speed was his Beheeyem’s main weakness.

But fortunately, durability was his strength, and he took the attack well, just needing to protect his face with one of his hands. It was a decent scorching, but he took it in stride. “Time to attack back!” Hideo ordered, and Elga knew exactly what attack to use; with a single motion of the arm he defended with, the lights on his hands would light up as he let out a Psychic blast, aiming to knock the Salazzle aside.

Hideo could breathe a sigh of relief, knowing Eris was spared a tongue-lashing, though it sounded like she had a similar risk he had. “Yeah, I’m screwed if my parents find out how it went down. I guess I could back you up if you need it; I could say you got caught up in it too by accident.”

Of course, he wasn’t aware of what exactly Eris had done during the battle that would warrant her getting in so much trouble, other than maybe wandering out of a school trip.

Beheeyem was hit by Incinerate.
Beheeyem used Psychic.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,887 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 17:09:43 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
vibe![break][break]

[break]
ready to rumble!

When faced by the vague, it is always wise to use an vagueness of one's own. It is a lack of direct command that shows a trainer's bond with their pokemon, a code that tells of their absolute faith in each other. When she fails to decipher her opponent's moves, Eris knows that it's better to launch a counterattack than sit and wait.
[break][break]
With a flick of her right wrist, Kiara braces for impact, unable to put up even more of a fight as the Psychic energy grips her. As soon as she hits the ground, she's digging her claws in deep, her tongue flickering in the winds as she lets loose a Dragon Pulse.
[break][break]
"Got caught up in by accident... You don't have to help me out! I think I'll be okay! Have you seen anything weird after getting home though?"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,502 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 22:53:23 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo got a feeling of satisfaction - the Psychic hit, and he could hear the Salazzle be thrown aside. But the sound of tumbling didn't last long, and before Elga told him an attack was coming - a sense of danger - Hideo could hear it.

The Dragon Pulse hit Elga head-on, pushing him back a few inches. His body was showing some wear, and he relayed to his trainer that he was really starting to hurt.

"Alright, Elga!" Hideo said, "Show them just how tough you are!"

Elga's body shined bright, his Recover acting fast; the damage on his body disappeared as if scrubbed away, and once the light was gone, Elga looked almost as good as he did when the match first started.

At least it sounded like she was alright for now. "Just making sure," Hideo said, but he couldn't resist snickering at her question. "Well, I don't really see much of anything these days!" It was always a bit fun poking fun at people's wording like that. "But nah, it's been pretty quiet for me since then! My Aggron's all healed up and ready to battle, so I don't really got much to show for it. I did get paid for that video my Rotomdex took though." A nice chunk of change by most standards, a lot by his. He was still thinking about what to spend it on.

He just had to be careful how he spent it; explaining how he got the money to purchase something big was bound to get him in trouble.

Beheeyem was hit by Dragon Pulse.
Beheeyem used Recover.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,887 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 13:02:12 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
vibe![break][break]

[break]
ready to rumble!

Sometimes, the ability to self-heal feels like somewhat of a cheat. Then again, she only holds such complaints since she's not one to gravitate towards teaching her pokemon such moves - A fallacy on her part that she'll have to correct. Or perhaps, she'll remain stubborn, who knows?
[break][break]
She snorts at the joke, trying her best not to let her attention wander for long. Two taps on her knee and Kiara's spewing Toxic venom right at Elga, not quite ready to let him get away that easily.
[break][break]
"You got off the hook AND got paid? That sounds like an absolute win to me??"
[break][break]
Of course, she's swallowing her nerves, silencing the worries of being found on the footage and shoving it to the back of her mind. Such things can be worried about later, she still has time until the consequences catch up to her.
[break][break]
"So, what are ya thinking of getting with that money?"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,502 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 23:28:15 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Elga was feeling much better after that Recover, but to the surprise of nobody, the Salazzle shot another attack at him. Though he blocked some of the Toxic with his arm, it didn't make a difference as the substance found its way into his body.

He immediately notified Hideo of his bad poisoning, and that they had to get more aggressive before it became too hard to bear. Which came across as a sense of urgency and danger to Hideo, but got the desired intent across.

"No more holding back, then," Hideo mused to himself, before audibly stating, "Elga, hit her again!" Elga once again raised his arm, another swipe to the side to aim another side-throwing Psychic against the Salazzle.

And all the while, Hideo took a bracelet out of his pocket, carefully putting it around his wrist. His secret weapon was ready.

"Well, yeah. Mostly off the hook." He was pretty sure he was screwed if he ran into again away from a mentor. He didn't know for sure if Doug would tell his parents, but he wasn't going to risk it.

As for what to spend it on? He still wasn't too sure, but he did have a general idea. "Guess I've been thinking about camping equipment. After all this is done, I'm thinking about going around Hoenn and getting badges. Battle the Elite Four and the Champion. Like a Trainer, yeah?"

He'd just have to convince his parents. Hopefully if he did well enough in the tournament, they'd let him do it - prove that he could battle just as well as, if not better than, anyone else.

Beheeyem was hit by Toxic and has been Badly Poisoned
Beheeyem used Psychic
Hideo equipped his Z-Ring
Elga is Badly Poisoned

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,887 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 9:34:43 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
vibe![break][break]

[break]
ready to rumble!

In a matchup that seems bad for them, every little advantage counts. With the Beheeyem badly poisoned, Kiara gains a little confidence in herself, barely requiring a signal as she braces herself for yet another throw.
[break][break]
On the other hand, though her attention may be sucked in by the battle, Eris doesn't miss the accessory that Hideo begins to adorn. A z-ring? Here? While she's honoured that they deem it necessary to pull such a thing, Eris knows that Kiara will be in for a rough tumble.
[break][break]
There's no time for the Salazzle to be looking out for her hand signs. Placing her fingers against her lips, Eris lets out a sharp whistle. This time, Kiara sticks her landing near flawlessly, immediately unleashing yet another stream of poison at Elga - Venoshock would surely hurt worse considering his current state.
[break][break]
"Getting badges, huh... I've never really thought about that but it does sound fun! What if we gather the gang to go camping together sometime?"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,502 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 23:23:52 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It was the first time Hideo gotten the chance to use a Z-move in an actual battle, and it was starting to make his heart race. He was hyped up, and was actually pretty glad the first person to see him use it was someone he knew. A friend he made while doing trainer stuff.

Even the incoming Venoshock wasn't enough to deter him. It hit Elga dead-on, the foul liquid burning him inside and out, and it would have been enough to take Elga down had he not healed himself beforehand.

But he still stood, shaky he may be.

"Yeah, we could do that!" Hideo said, "I'm sure we can get together again! Just gotta find a time when Doug isn't busy with work." He just hoped it'd go better than that Pokemon-tracking fiasco; he could still smell that pile in his nightmares sometimes.

But the conversation didn't distract him at all from the battle at hand.

Hideo didn't speak an order; he just began the motion, his two hands raising to his temple as his Z-ring began to glow. Elga mimicked him, his unsteady hands raising up and reaching up to the ridges above his eyes.

Hideo reached forward with one hand, his palm opening as the light from his Z-ring transferred over to Elga. Elga reached forward with one hand, mimicking Hideo again (though for obvious reasons, couldn't open his palm).

The Shattered Psyche would come right afterward, meant to grab the Salazzle and toss her around in many directions, over and over. There would be no extra movements from Elga, no hint as to where the next throw came from or went.

Beheeyem was hit by Venoshock
Beheeyem used Shattered Psyche (generic Psychic Z-move, using Psychic as base)
Elga is Badly Poisoned

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,887 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 9:02:37 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
vibe![break][break]

[break]
ready to rumble!

Sometimes, battles are like a video game filled with dungeon bosses. Sometimes, you easily overpower them. Sometimes, you struggle to win but conquer them in the end. And sometimes, you just try your best and you don't succeed.
[break][break]
As soon as Hideo strikes his pose, Eris knows its over, her hands slipping into her pocket as she waits on Kiara for a decision. However, the Salazzle never backs down, readying herself to take the hit with all the bravery in her heart. When Elga takes hold of her, Kiara is thrown with full force, unable to fight back in the slightest.
[break][break]
And all ends when she faints, her body going limp as she succumbs to her injuries. Retrieving her pokeball, Eris recalls the Salazzle from the onslaught, wincing just slightly at the sight as she whispers an apology under her breath.
[break][break]
"Guess it's your win, Hideo! Elga's super sturdy! You should probably get that poison treated though..." Though some part of her does remember she has Lucky and his Aromatherapy, that inner voice whispers for her to leave it. If not to leave the business of others to themselves then to perhaps, spitefully inflict a bit more pain on those who'd hurt her companions.
[break][break]
"Do you have any more battles after this? I might go looking for Doug since I've got nothing to do."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,502 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 15:38:01 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo could hear each throw, each strike of Elga’s attack. He’d used it a few times before to practice, but this was his first combat use. He could hear the Salazzle hit every surface - whether natural or created by the attack itself, until his opponent was down.

Though Hideo had a feeling of success courtesy of Elga, it was that outright confirmed his win.

Thanks for the match!” Hideo said, waving towards Eris. “You two did really well! If Elga weren’t so tough, you would’ve had it!

With that said, Elga toughness could only last so long. Elga was already waddling towards him as he retrieved the Antidote from his bag. The moment Elga got close enough-

-*thud*

Hideo frowned. Dang it. Just a second too late. Hideo could tell Elga fainted the moment he stopped getting information, the psychic-type hitting the ground face-first like a toy that ran out of battery. He still sprayed Elga, to help get the poison out of his system, but he was gonna need to visit a Pokemon Center when he got the chance.

Unfortunately, Elga was going to have to wait in unconsciousness for a little bit. “I got another after this,” Hideo said, “A tag battle.” Supposed to be with a guy called ...he had no idea how to pronounce that last name. “After that, I’m get my Pokemon healed up at a Pokemon Center and get some lunch.

He would’ve liked hanging out with Eris for a bit longer, but he didn’t want to keep his opponent waiting.

Only now he was lacking a reliable guide; Elga was fainted, Rocky was badly beat up after ’s fight, and his Rotomdex was busy recharging and would take a moment to find him. Just left him with one option.

He drew Elga back into his Pokeball, and let out a different Pokemon in turn; his Ambipom, who recognized Eris pretty quickly and waved to her. “Alright, Pom,” Hideo said, “Our next match is at the beach. I need to you get me there as soon as possible. I’m gonna try calling Nosey over to help us, got it?

His Ambipom nodded, taking hold of one of his hands with a tail-hand.

I’ll catch you another time, Eris!” Hideo said as he was led away.