1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
white blood [m/c]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 2:54:02 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"I'd like to thank you all for coming to the Mt. Pyre Memorial Fund Raiser."

Sam began, voice booming through some speakers he had set up. Not huge, annoying, or particularly obnoxious speakers. Just enough that the people who were gathered up via his endourser could hear him.

"Upon coming you've all signed a waver stating you understand you will be abiding by the rules and regulations," basic stuff. No vandalism, don't break anything, if you do you pay for it--which includes your own body, don't be a little shit, Mt. Pyre Memorial Services isn't responsible for the wild Pokémon on the grounds, etc. "With that in mind, let's try and remember that these graves are more precious to those to whom bought them as your life is to you, maybe more depending on your moral standing."

Relaizing he was rambling, he cleared his throat and adjusted his glasses.

"Thank you."

He hated public speaking more than his gastly and feeling a bit uneasy with how abruptly he ended that small announcement, he headed toward said endourser.

"Thanks again for showing interest." Sam said to Oscar as he stepped down from the small slope he'd been standing on when making his announcement. "The previous owner didn't have enough youth in him to keep up with all of them. As far as I know, we've one hundred and fifty seven plots that haven't been touched in over a year, just because he couldn't afford to make the trip up and down the mountain with his health declining."

Too bad Sam sounded more worried about whether or not he'd hear complaints from the families than he did worried about the old man's health... whoops.
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,807 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
white blood [m/c]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 2:28:56 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Growing these carrot seeds was harder than Oscar expected. Not in regards to the effort required, but rather the amount of time it was taking. Oscar's been at it for weeks, spending more time at Mt. Pyre than he ever thought he would. At first he found the mass grave to be revolting, but over time he found the peaceful grounds to be a calming backdrop for his gardening. 

Yet the more time he spent on the mountain, the more he came to realize how little care was given to the graves. Oscar did some investigating, seeing an opportunity for philanthropy and good press that he just couldn't pass up. Turns out the man who care for the grounds was too old to make it up the mountain, and there was just too much work required to cover everything that needed tending. 

Luckily an interested party was willing to put forth that work, and with a little collaboration this Fund Raiser would be born. They had quite the turn out, more than Oscar thought would appear. While it was well and good that Mt. Pyre would receive some much needed love, Oscar was more than a bit excited to have GMH's name attached to the effort. After all, no one could have too much good press.

Oscar's partner in this endeavor, , approached him after his opening speech. Oscar clapped his hands together, smiling at the youth as he approached. "It's my pleasure, really. I am excited to see our efforts pay off. Where shall we begin?"

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
white blood [m/c]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 12:50:19 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"Oh, here's the floor plan pamphlet."

As he held it out, he unfolded it and pointed at their name tags and specifically the color.

"We're the only two wearing black, we're on flower disposal duty." Each color had a corresponding job listed in the key on the side of the map of the grounds. "Dead flowers are to be removed and burned. I've a trolly full of new flowers to put on the graves of those who don't get visitors anymore."

It seemed odd, but it was something Sam was very passionate about. It felt empty looking at graves that had no flowers on them because nobody would visit. Because of this, Sam typically put a few flowers from the local grounds next to the graves to help make the gravestones more appealing.

Less... like a haunted graveyard, more like a memorial ground.

"I've a chimchar, unless you have something a bit more bulky that needs a good pyro-outlet." His chimchar didn't dislike burning the flowers, but she thought it ... erm, beneath her. She'd do anything for Sam, but if he could pass the job off to a pokémon that would enjoy it then he'd rather that route.
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,807 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
white blood [m/c]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 15:57:08 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar looked closely at the layout map, raising an eyebrow at the amount of detail put into it. Did he make this? How much time did h have on his hands--or passion. This place must really mean a lot to him. Oscar looked up when Sam brought up whether Oscar had any pyromaniacs that would enjoy flora disposal, and he smiled as he pulled a pokeball from his belt.

"It just so happens that I have the perfect candidate for this task." Oscar opened the ball, releasing a uniquely colored Chandelure. It's orange body burned brightly with the flames of hell itself, or at least that is what she liked to think. Zule looked to her master, waiting patiently for orders. Oscar slid his hands in his pockets as he addressed the spirit. "You wanna burn some dead grave flowers?" Zule looked up, her body shuddering with anticipation. It was he way of saying 'fuck yeah I do'. 

Oscar gave Sam a thumbs up. "Zule will do a great job. She loves the taste of dead flowers--and despair." Zule began to sway, singing a haunting tune to express her excitement. As this was normal behavior for the ghastly fire type, Oscar seemed unfazed. 

"Lead the way Sam."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
white blood [m/c]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 17:54:03 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Seeing the beautifully colored chandelure had Sam smiling. It was gorgeous and anybody who said otherwise was either superstitious and lacked respect, or possibly xenophobic. Which was also acceptable. To each their own.

But her beauty to Sam was immediately recognized. Even her ghastly song felt like a lullaby to him.

"She's beautiful," Sam pulled a heavyball from his bag and maximized it, releasing his beldum. With a quick adjustment, the beldum was harnessed to a buggy with flowers and he headed toward the first grave. The beldum tugging along the flowers they needed. "I've been meaning to get a comfey. Or perhaps a bellosom. They'd make this task much easier."
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,807 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
white blood [m/c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 19:44:39 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Beautiful huh? Oscar took a glance at his off-colored ghost companion. He often forgot how dazzling her flames could be, perhaps because he spends so much time with Zule that the phenomenon has become mundane. Zule seemed more than happy to receive the compliment, swaying back and forth as she giggled with delight. 

Sam brought out a beldum to pull their cart, and Oscar had to admit that using one of these sturdy steel babies seemed a lot more efficient than using other kinds of worker pokemon. Oscar walked along side the cart as they set off, doing his best to listen to Sam while making sure none of the flowers fell off during their assent. 

"That's a damn good idea. I mean like, you gotta keep supply up somehow right? Flowers can be fuckin' expensive." He should know, he spent a small fortune getting route 110 looking decent during its revival. You think Team Rocket is evil? Go shopping for flowers, shit's legal robbery right there.

Eventually they made it to the graves, and thus the real work began. As they went from gravestone to gravestone, Oscar would pick up the dead or dying flowers and feed them into Zule's head-flame. Zule would happily burn them up and feast on the despair of the grieving and once the new flowers were placed they'd move on. Knowing how big Mt. Pyre was, Oscar would actually get an idea of how daunting their task was. To avoid going insane, he would attempt to engage Sam in casual conversation.

"So uh, what made you wanna take over around here? Like, where did the passion to spruce up Mt. Pyre come from?"

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
white blood [m/c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 21:17:38 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon beldum"]

Sam's lips curled into a smirk. The way Oscar had worded that caught him off guard.

"My mother's my inspiration."

The admission came with little embarrassment. Sam would always marvel at the woman that was his mother and pay her the respect she was due. She was his world, in a lot of ways, even as he carved a path forward in his own life without her.

"We took care of the Pokémon Tower and established it as a safe zone in Kanto during the war. It was the one place I witnessed members of the League and members of Team Rocket respectfully disengage in war just for a funeral. Sometimes for for fallen pokémon, other times for fallen humans."

Flowers were moved and placed. Oscar removed the old, Sam put new, they'd move forward. Beldum tugging along the flower wagon eagerly and watching intently as the chandelure burned the flowers and absorbed the despair.

"It was the closest thing to normalcy or unity I've ever seen. My goal, when Mr. Dom Pey reached out, was to attempt and create that kind of safe place here in Mt. Pyre. It's what he'd always strived for as well."
[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,807 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
white blood [m/c]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 0:51:34 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar found his expression softening as he received his answer. He was surprisingly content with the answer, I mean it was as good a goal as any. Oscar didn't keep his thoughts to himself, when given the chance he responded to Sam in a noticeably soft tone. 

"I think that's a very noble purpose. That's something everyone could get behind--at least ideally it is." Sometimes ideals were discarded during times of war, tossed aside in favor of quick victories and delivering pain--from one side to another. With Hoenn perpetually on the cusp of all-out war, Oscar secretly hoped that Mt. Pyre would be spared during the future conflict.

As they proceeded, Oscar suddenly realized where they had traveled and gasped. He had nearly forgotten to water his carrot patch, and they were coming upon it rather quickly. Oscar put his hand out, looking apologetically toward Sam.

"Um, forgive me for this pause--but is it alright if we make a detour?"

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
white blood [m/c]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 13:09:23 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"It worked well enough in Kanto...for the most part."

There had been times there were raids on the Pokémon Tower. But he and his mother never took a side, even when asked. And there was something haunting about the Pokémon Tower that nobody really wanted to cross-- in a sense.

It didn't seem that way for Hoenn and Mt. Pyre, Sam knew good and well he had quite the adventure ahead of him.

The request for a detour was acknowledged with a small nod. They were nearly finished with their route anyway.

"Sure."
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,807 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
white blood [m/c]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 17:28:32 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
With permission from his companion, Oscar would lead his party slightly east toward the edge of the mountain. Zule would continue to eat flowers on the way, cooing with every dried petal. She seemed to be enjoying herself, a fact Oscar was grateful for. She always seemed rather bored hanging around the pent house with the others. He should consider bringing her here more often.

They would eventually make it to Oscar's carrot plot, which he would approach hurriedly. To his surprise, something seemed to be growing out of the dirt! It was a faint sprout, but it was something! Oscar suddenly became excited, fussing over the plot as he tried to reveal more of the plant. Indeed, the carrot seemed to be blooming. A most marvelous discovery! 

Oscar stood, cracking his back as he sighed contently. He turned to Sam, his expression a mix of joy and relaxation. "I'm gonna spend some time with my carrot here. Why don't you take Zule and finish the rest of the graves. She can find her way back to me."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
white blood [m/c]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 13:38:04 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
watching oscar handle his carrots was curious. mr. dom pey had said he had people of all sorts, shapes, and sizes coming to the mountain and getting these carrots. it was so odd to him, to see the carrots in action and the people partaking.

even people like oscar. a businessman. getting his hands dirty-- though he imagined oscar had a regular dry cleaning service and paid quite a handsome monthly bill to them. he seemed like the type to get dirty often.

have a hands-on approach to things, so to speak.

"if you're comfortable with it." sam referred to him taking zule with him to get more flowers burned and finished. since they weren't finished.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
white blood [m/c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 0:00:08 GMT
shiv Avatar

CONGRATULATIONS!

REAP YOUR HARVEST!

[break][break]
YOUR HARVEST COMES EARLY. returning to this mountainscape cold cave gifts you with more than just goosebumps. where the seeds were planted are shaderoot carrots: a long twisted vegetables black with gloom.

it comes as a surprise that these seeds have actually grown into something. despite their hardy nature, is such a place like this appropriate for the growing of produce? nevertheless, hoenn's land is fertile. perhaps, it is due to the tapu bulu's reawakening— or something else, like an aged bioenergy attempting to course through once dormant veins.

as you pluck the carrots, you can't help but feel like you're being watched.

to move on to the next step, you must create one more thread in MT. PYRE. you can participate with another character, should you so desire. once you (and your partner, if you have one) have posted, please post in MODERATION REQUESTS. afterward, will post what you must do.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
white blood [m/c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 0:02:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: