Rayne vs Rowan [H✩T]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Rayne vs Rowan [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 7:02:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","heart"]
[attr="class","heartpic"]
[attr="class","spacinglist"]

[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]

[attr="class","hearticonholder"]
[attr="class","hearticon"]
[attr="class","heartnotebox"]
[attr="class","heartnotes"]

[attr="class","heartside"]

[attr="class","hearttag"] (imagine being row and not rowan)
[attr="class","hearttag"]Battle Theme!

[attr="class","hearttextbox"]

[attr="class","hearttext"]

Rayne hadn't exactly planned on participating in the H✩T, in fact he'd completely blanked that it'd start today, despite the numerous posters and advertisements plastering the streets of Slateport. He'd kind of in fact just been swept away with it all, ending up registered in the tournament and hurriedly asking his Raichu to close the shop. He'd found himself sitting up at... what he thinks was a lifeguard's post, seemingly having been dragged into participating in a sky battle. He'd laughed to himself nervously, never really thinking himself much of a trainer.[break][break]

The ticket he'd been given was 228, not that he really knew what it meant—something about trainer card numbers?—nonetheless he'd been stuck waiting up here... actually, how does one get down from one of these things? Thoughts for later, perhaps, as he'd seen someone approaching.[break][break]

QQQoYz3w

Nano

[newclass=.heart]position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background:#845F91; padding:2px; border-radius:100px 5px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpic] position:absolute; height:250px; width:500px; background: linear-gradient(-90deg, #845F91, transparent), url("https://i.imgur.com/LaA0AWk.png") no-repeat center; border-radius:100px 0px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticon] height:100px;width:100px;background-image:url("https://i.imgur.com/uqZpnGt.png"); border-radius: 50px 50px 50px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spacinglist] width:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.spacing] position:relative; top:0px; right:-220px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#845F91; border:solid 1px #FFCB70; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextbox] height:310px; width:260px; position:relative; right:100px; top:10px; padding:20px; background:#56535A; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttext] overflow:auto; text-align:justify; height:310px; font-size:12px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#CCCCFF; padding:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttext b] color:#E6B3CC; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartside] position:absolute; top:490px; right:-10px; background:transparent; width:190px; padding:10px; max-height:70px; text-align:justify; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotebox] position:absolute; top:390px; right:10px; background:#56535A; border:solid 1px #FFCB70; width:150px; padding:10px; height:72px; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotes] height:65px; overflow:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#CCCCFF; padding:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttag] position:relative; display:inline-block; background:#56535A; margin:1px; padding:5px; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticonholder] border-radius:100px 100px 100px 100px; border:solid 1px #FFCB70; padding:10px; border-right-color: #56535A; position:absolute; right:40px; top:260px; background:transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttext::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#56535A 1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#FFCB70; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotes::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#56535A 1px solid; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartnotes::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#FFCB70; [/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Rayne vs Rowan [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 23:01:11 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Are you Lucien?” An eyebrow cocked as he approached the man with the rather unconventional hairstyle, though he didn’t have much room to speak on the matter himself. “I’m Rowan.” He extended a hand out of courtesy, offering a soft smile with the greeting.

“We’re doing a Sky Battle, huh?” Rowan reached towards a couple of Pokeballs that were attached to his belt, plucking them free and rolling the capsules between his hands. “I’ve never done one of those before.” The ocean was a terrain he was more familiar with, but he possessed a couple of flying Pokémon that could do the job.

@rayne

J6pbmcyO

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Rayne vs Rowan [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 0:23:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","heart"]

[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]

[attr="class","hearttag"]

Rayne had cocked a polite smile as he waved at the trainer who'd seemed to be looking for him, "that'd in fact be me, though please, call me Rayne, Rowan." He'd answered from up above, he still wasn't quite sure how to get down from his perch. He'd reached for Rowan's hand nonetheless, stretching, straining and groaning in an attempt to extend himself down—though fearful of falling off and clutching onto the elevated seat—eventually though, seeing his fruitless efforts, Rayne chuckled awkwardly as he'd realised he wasn't going to reach the trainer from up there, "perhaps once I get down from here after the battle?"[break][break]

"Do go easy on me, I'm not much of a trainer, and my pokémon need to be in tip top shape so we can get back to the cafe." He'd said with an entertained glint in his eye—despite what he said, Rayne seemed to be excited to try out this sky battle too. Though the man had poké balls, he hadn't reached for them in the slightest, after all, he'd ended up rushed here and had never actually put his pokémon away. A Rotom bouncing out from under his shirt with mischievous energy, giggling and sparkling, and a Duskull emerging from the shadow underneath the post that Rayne had the misfortune of being atop of,[break][break]

"Well, Rowan, shall we?"[break][break]

HJnZnwoi

Nano

[newclass=.heart]position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background:#845F91; padding:2px; border-radius:100px 5px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpic] position:absolute; height:250px; width:500px; background: linear-gradient(-90deg, #845F91, transparent), url("https://i.imgur.com/LaA0AWk.png") no-repeat center; border-radius:100px 0px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticon] height:100px;width:100px;background-image:url("https://i.imgur.com/uqZpnGt.png"); border-radius: 50px 50px 50px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spacinglist] width:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.spacing] position:relative; top:0px; right:-220px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#845F91; border:solid 1px #FFCB70; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextbox] height:310px; width:260px; position:relative; right:100px; top:10px; padding:20px; background:#56535A; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttext] overflow:auto; text-align:justify; height:310px; font-size:12px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#CCCCFF; padding:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartside] position:absolute; top:490px; right:-10px; background:transparent; width:190px; padding:10px; max-height:70px; text-align:justify; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotebox] position:absolute; top:390px; right:10px; background:#56535A; border:solid 1px #FFCB70; width:150px; padding:10px; height:72px; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotes] height:65px; overflow:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#CCCCFF; padding:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttag] position:relative; display:inline-block; background:#56535A; margin:1px; padding:5px; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticonholder] border-radius:100px 100px 100px 100px; border:solid 1px #FFCB70; padding:10px; border-right-color: #56535A; position:absolute; right:40px; top:260px; background:transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttext::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#56535A 1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#FFCB70; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotes::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#56535A 1px solid; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartnotes::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#FFCB70; [/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Rayne vs Rowan [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 4:45:54 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“No worries.” Rowan chuckled slightly, realizing that asking for a handshake at this elevation wasn’t particularly feasible. “After the battle, then.” The mention of a café intrigued him, but he wasn’t about to press for personal information. After all, he wouldn’t want to divulge many things about himself to a perfect stranger.

“Those are some unconventional Pokémon for a sky battle.” Rowan commented, lamenting having to deal with an electric type considering his specialty. There was a part of him that considered this match already over because of the disadvantage, but he wasn’t about to shy away from a challenge. “Come on out, Sirocco and Skye.”

Before him appeared the Pelipper and Mantine, drifting along the wind and preparing for the battle. “Ready whenever you are.”

@rayne

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Rayne vs Rowan [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 13:49:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","heart"]

[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]

"I'm not exactly a conventional trainer either, mind you," Rayne had commented in reply, "... not to mention that these are... the only pokémon I have, aside from my Raichu, at least," he'd added further with a chuckle. Nonetheless it seemed Rowan was prepared for trouble![break][break]

"Well, good luck to you, Rowan! Nocturne, shall we?" Whichever between the Pelipper & the Mantine that Rowan had started with, Rayne had sent out his Duskull first, though, considering how amped his Rotom had been, he'd earnt himself a brisk zap from the mischievous sulking thing. Nonetheless, this seemed like a good opportunity to train up his Duskull. After dusting himself off and regaining his composure, Rayne had called out, "Let's start with a Will-o-Wisp!" the skull-faced ghost pokémon receiving Rayne's orders loud and clear, blue embers suddenly popping into existence around it then quickly firing off to chase Rowan's first pokémon!

Nano

[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Rayne vs Rowan [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 2:47:58 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“I’ll start with Pelipper.” A hand gestured towards the Water Bird Pokémon, motioning for Sirocco to soar upwards onto the open-air arena. The moment that the Pelipper entered the battlefield, clouds began to gather overhead. Drizzle took effect and rain started to slowly patter down all around them, growing in intensity by the moment until the sky was heavy with precipitation.

“Let’s do this, then.” Duskull opened up the fight with a Will-O-Wisp, a spectral flame that wasn’t affected by the downpour all around them. Pelipper squawked loudly as the contact burned them, unable to soothe the ache even in the rain. “Show them how strong this storm is, Sirocco!” The Pokémon gathered a light-blue energy around their wings before giving them a mighty beat, kicking up an incredibly powerful wind that was headed right for the Duskull.

@rayne

Pelipper was burned! Pelipper used Hurricane on Duskull, has a chance to confuse.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Rayne vs Rowan [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 3:33:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","heart"]

[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]

"... oh dear," Rayne had uttered, it had seemed his Duskull had ended up a little disoriented from the ensuing storm that had barraged it. Nonetheless, the best Rayne could do was push through and hope Nocturne would be able to keep up![break][break]

"Nocturne, how about we hit them with a Hex, see just how bad of a burn they get?" Rayne had declared with a point of his finger, though he'd quickly stopped to rebalance himself, seeming to have shaken the lifeguard's post a little too much wit his boisterous action. Yet, it seemed that Nocturne just couldn't hear him! He'd ended up diving face first into the sand instead! Ouch.[break][break]

"Oh dear, that's not good."

Nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

[break][break]
Duskull was confused for 5 turns! Duskull hurt itself in its confusion!

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Rayne vs Rowan [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 22:44:44 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Hurricane worked wonders on the Duskull, confusing them and causing them to hurt themselves in the process. “Attack from a distance, keep it up!” Pelipper nodded and began to gather water into their open maw from the showers that fell all around them.

“Now!” Hydro Pump erupted from the mouth of Sirocco, looking to strike the ghost-type Pokémon directly from across the open skies.

@rayne
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Rayne vs Rowan [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 6:43:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","heart"]

[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]

With a slight frown, Rayne had grown increasingly worried as Nocturne seemed to be on his last legs... if he had any, having taken the brunt of that hydro pump! Nonetheless, Rayne could only hope for the best, pushing for another chance at luck he'd given one more hopeful order to try and help turn the tides,[break][break]

"Let's try that again, show 'em what a proper Hex looks like, Nocturne!"[break][break]

With some luck and a little pluck, it seemed the Duskull had just barely managed to pull through to follow through! Its singular red eye glowing brilliantly as the burn that afflicted the Pelipper began to glow a distorted purple—signifying the more powerful iteration of the move—before it had pushed out and back inwards like a wave across the shore to unleash a powerful Hex!

Nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

[break][break]
Duskull is confused for 4 turns! Duskull was hit by Hydro Pump! Duskull used Hex, empowered by Pelipper's burn!

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Rayne vs Rowan [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 22:53:10 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Sirocco reeled backwards as the powerful Hex took effect, the incredible strength of Duskull’s dark energies surrounding the Pelipper and greatly injuring them. “Shrug that off, Sirocco.” Rowan issued the command, keeping the nature of his intentions hidden from his opponent for the time being.

The Pelipper took a moment and shook free some of their down, feathers cascading down from the sky with the rain before being carried off by the wind. Roost healed the previous damage that had been done by Duskull, once again leaving them at an advantage.

@rayne
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Rayne vs Rowan [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 10:44:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","heart"]

[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]

As much as Rowan and Sirocco deemed it best to try to outlast Rayne and Nocturne, in the end, Rayne had found it easy to understand that whatever amount his opponent could shore up, so long as he maintained the offensive, such a thing couldn't last![break][break]

"Let's go with another Hex!"[break][break]

Rayne cried out with an ecstatic joy in his eye, the Duskull in question managing to stave off the confusion once more to once again surround the pelican pokémon with the empowered ghost flames, once again pulling outwards then crashing back against its source, a brief window available for an agile escape once again!

Nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

[break][break]
Duskull is confused for 3 turns! Duskull used Hex once again, empowered by Pelipper's burn!

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Rayne vs Rowan [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 0:15:58 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

The Duskull was using Hex again? Rayne was beginning to seem like a one-trick Ponyta, and Rowan wasn’t about to do the same. Once Sirocco shook off the damage from the attack, Rowan would issue his next command. “Move in.”

The Pelipper flapped their wings and quickly advanced forward upon the enemy Pokemon with the help of the whipping winds, moving in close on the Duskull before attempting a Wing Attack on them. Hopefully keeping the pressure up would prevent another use of Hex.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Rayne vs Rowan [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 5:35:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","heart"]

[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]

And keep the pressure he did, in fact, to such an extraordinary degree that the Pelipper's Wing Attack had knocked out Nocturne! "... oh goodness, is it... a bit of a bad time to remind you that I'm not particularly good at this?" Rayne had laughed nervously, returning the Duskull to his ball. The Rotom that had stayed by his side had jumped about with excitement, bouncing around before throwing itself into the field.[break][break]

"Well, Chance seems to be raring to go so, how about a Discharge?!" He'd declared happily, feeding into his Rotom's excitement with a quick flourish. Though with Nocturne knocked out by that battle, Rayne had made a personal reminder to head to the pokémon centre after this battle.

Nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

[break][break]
Duskull fainted![break]
Rayne sent out Rotom and used Discharge!
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Rayne vs Rowan [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 5:40:08 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Sirocco was dispatched rather quickly from the Rotom’s attack, a bitter surprise after having defeated the Duskull. “Damn.” A hand gesture for his Mantine to enter the battle, watching as Skye glided her way onto the aerial arena.

“No big deal, we got this.” Mantine took a swipe at the expanse before them, kicking up an extremely powerful gust of wind in the shape of a blade, looking to hit the Rotom with Air Slash.

@rayne
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Rayne vs Rowan [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 6:29:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","heart"]

[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]
[attr="class","spacing"]

"Woah, dodge that, Chance!" Rayne had shouted, though before he could even say it, the Rotom's erratic movement had caused it to zip right out of the way anyway! Much to Rayne's own surprise, "Well, if that's the case, I suppose another Discharge'll have to do!" Rayne shouted—not that he had much more choice logically, Discharge being the only electric move the Rotom had been taught.[break][break]

The Rotom in question, giggling as it bounced about had bolted up close to the Pelipper, following through with its trainer's command with a close range Discharge, the blue if its plasma-like outer body surging out into a wild blast of lightning!

Nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

[break][break]
Rotom dodged the Air Slash! Rotom used Discharge!