forty-two
August 22
Dewford City
pansexual
engineer
Grunt
32 height
32 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
75 posts
Yuan Wright DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wright
Yuan Wright
Melmetal Extraction
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 10:18:31 GMT
Yuan Wright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wrightboxbl"]

After getting back from Cycling Road Wright was eager to get back to the labs with the sample he's collected. He does make sure to write up a quick and detailed report before it would be e-mailed to for details. And while it sounded much more professional, and educated essentially along the lines of:
Everything was a shit show. [break]
Kid got left behind. [break]
Gym Leader cried like a baby. [break]
But boy do we have some pretty samples of something great. [break]
Video is attached and Kid's Rotom is being sent your way. [break]
Have a nice day

After Yuan would be quick to write up a message to Head Scientist Lulu:
Hey wanna help me repair a half eaten Magnemite and get some cool metal goo off? Promise it'll be worth your time <3<3<3

From there he would be found in the labs, egg he picked up next to him while on the table he releases said Magnemite which much looked it was barely holding on. He had been so excited he hadn't even changed out of the white hair dye he used, but ignores any unfamiliar looks as his behavior was enough to let others know that 'oh god its Wright,' "You'll be fiiiiine" he reassures, not that he actually cares, as he has Reyniclus grab some vials to put the remains of the Melmetal in.

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.wrightboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#81BCD7;[/newclass]

[newclass=.wrightboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#CE3E4D;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Melmetal Extraction
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 5:22:57 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

You take what you can get in life.

Lulu, having gotten poor grades in school, had found herself at the tippy top of glitter presentations and glimmeringly well-written emails such as this. A ring leader in a criminal circus she could have scarcely imagined from the beginning.

Of course, she wanted to get the metal goo.

She had worked with Magnemite and Magneton. She had three Magneton herself. She eyed the eaten-away steel, surprised its bugging eyes were still alight.

“So, what happened again, exactly?”

close tab

played by

King

Doc
he/him
forty-two
August 22
Dewford City
pansexual
engineer
Grunt
32 height
32 height
awards
75 posts
Yuan Wright DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wright
Yuan Wright
Melmetal Extraction
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 5:37:11 GMT
Yuan Wright Avatar
[nospaces]

“Oh you know, its a tale as old as time,” the Reyniclus brings over the vials as Wright continues his DMs with when Lulu comes up behind him. [break][break]

“Rocket sends you on a mission to investigate an energy source and you encounter a rare pokemon,” Reyniclus starts to hold up the pained Magnemite, holding it up so the metal could drip off and the larger bits of metal goo could be placed in the vials. [break][break]

“A pokemon that eats metal of all things! And this one nearly gets itself eaten,” he’ll poke at it ignoring it’s groan, “But someones a little survivor ain’t ya, and now we have a wondrous sample of the pokemon known as Melmetal.[break][break]

"its a thing of beauty really"

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

[newclass=.wrightboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#CE3E4D;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Melmetal Extraction
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 11:12:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Since nearly sinking the submarine, Wright had become a bit of a legend in the wrong way. Assessing the way eyes hit him and others dodged was both amusing and worrisome.

She watched as the man hoisted up the magnet pokemon, and then leaned down to view the goo as it settled into the vials. It was metal. Exciting. What kind?

Melmetal.

“Yeah, I’d say so. What do you say to putting the rest of that one—” she pointed to the unfortunate Magnemite “out on a fishing line, send it back and see if you can get the whole thing? Then I’ll really be happy.”

The picked up one of the vials. “I want to test this now, actually.” She then turned and headed towards a room, half-expecting him to follow.

close tab

played by

King

Doc
he/him
forty-two
August 22
Dewford City
pansexual
engineer
Grunt
32 height
32 height
awards
75 posts
Yuan Wright DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wright
Yuan Wright
Melmetal Extraction
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 20:48:43 GMT
Yuan Wright Avatar
[nospaces]

There is a terrified cry that comes from the beaten Magnemite. Haven't they gone through enough? Though it seems it's loyalty was finally paying off as their trainer interjects, "Normally I'd say yes, let's do it but this one has proved itself so I plan to fix it," there's a pause as he puts the last of the easily extractable metal in one of many vials. "Besides that it's dead now"[break][break]

As she takes one he follows along telling the cell going to see if they can remove that's left on the megnemite. "The metal seems to be dead, evidence by how it's no longer eating thing one, are you hoping to renaimate it?"

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Melmetal Extraction
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 8:18:56 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Eyes went a little wide at the sudden metallic screech and she put hands up over her ears. “I’m kidding! Bloody hell.” She shook her head and then nodded at Wright. “Ok. Great.”

On the way to the room, she spun on her heels a moment. “Oh. Um… I was just going to run some tests on the metal, but reanimation sounds fun. Might have to get a team together for something like that, though, Wright.”

close tab

played by

King

Doc
he/him
forty-two
August 22
Dewford City
pansexual
engineer
Grunt
32 height
32 height
awards
75 posts
Yuan Wright DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wright
Yuan Wright
Melmetal Extraction
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 9:45:23 GMT
Yuan Wright Avatar
[nospaces]

"Eh don't worry about it, probably knows we'd actually do it," Wright chuckles because while Lulu claims she was kidding Wright wasn't. As in the end they were all fodder and tools. [break][break]

He'll pause at the heel turn with her, "Oh and what test did you have in mind?" [break][break]

Then scoffs with a light hearted chuckle as he points to himself, "Ms Flint I AM a team, most the others here just slow me down, besides they all seemed offended because they're all dubbed Dede or something," well there might be more to others avoiding him than that, but he didn't care.

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Melmetal Extraction
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 23:24:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“Well… assuming it hardens, I’d like to record its yield point, tensile strength, density… those sorts of things.” she blinked. Lulu’s mind was constantly going the same direction when presented with a new raw material: ‘how can this be implemented in technology?’ Not ‘how can we bring it to life?’

Ultimately, Lulu was not above melting down whole pokemon. Any scarce empathy took a backseat to progress without hesitation.

“I’d say that’s fair.” She muttered about the Dedes—although very amusing. “Alright, then.”

With some disappointment, she tentatively obliged to pursue his new mission, or at least entertain any theories he might have. “What would you suggest, then, Wright?”

close tab

played by

King

Doc
he/him
forty-two
August 22
Dewford City
pansexual
engineer
Grunt
32 height
32 height
awards
75 posts
Yuan Wright DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wright
Yuan Wright
Melmetal Extraction
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 8:15:22 GMT
Yuan Wright Avatar
[nospaces]

“Hardens?” He repeats, curious, “Oh I see you hope to use it as material then? It does seem smart, as the Melmetal seemed to be able to decide whether or not it wanted to be a liquid or a solid and being able to mimic a metal to do such a thing sounds like it could be useful.” Wright’s just thinking out loud as he ponders the probability of being able to find a way to make the metal change at their will. [break][break]

He’s about to give a suggestion when a cry could be heard from where his magnemite once was. “Ugg again with this one,” he grumbles as he feels he should go back for it. Once he does though he and those around would be greeted with the site of the liquid metal on the table wiggling around the electric pokemon. His Reuniclus dropped it on the table in panic when the once dead metal started moving and then once the metal covered the Magnemite the cry had muffled before finally stopping. [break][break]

By the time it was all over the only thing that was left was a Meltan making a little burping noise. “Huh….” he just smiles highly amused “Neat” [break][break]

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social
[break]+ Good bye Magemite :3

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Melmetal Extraction
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 10:45:16 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She nodded at Wright. Indeed, if that were possible, it would be very useful—and definitely worth taking a hard look into.

Just as the topic of reanimation was brought up, they would turn to find the screeching Magnemite’s body being consumed by a very much animated glob of metal goo. Lulu pressed her lips together, impressed but not surprised by such miracles. The gods were on their side.

Huh. Lulu echoed the engineer. “Meltan.”

close tab

played by

King

Doc
he/him
forty-two
August 22
Dewford City
pansexual
engineer
Grunt
32 height
32 height
awards
75 posts
Yuan Wright DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wright
Yuan Wright
Melmetal Extraction
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 0:44:12 GMT
Yuan Wright Avatar
[nospaces]

Wright takes a moment to exsamin the desk, noting how most the vials he had before were now empty, knocked over and most likely absorbed into the meltan currently on the desk. "You might want to keep that sample you have in hand," he comments as he grabs the remaining few. "As it seems we were close to loosing a few samples," he comments with a chuckle as out of the same pockets he puts the vials in he takes out a metal pen and hands it over curious if the meltan was still hungry. Or perhaps picky about the metals it ate. [break][break]

Though it refuses, perhaps that more on the fact it was full from eating a magnemite. [break][break]

"Though I suppose we have a live sample now, purhaps if we feed it more it'll get big enough and give us more of the metal you require?" he theorizes as he looks toward the head Scientist seeing what she wants to do. Of course willing to donate the pokemon to the lab for use.

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,404 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Melmetal Extraction
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 9:26:07 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Lulu looked down at the vial, holding it up to the light above to gauge whether or not it had also changed in some way. Not that she could notice immediately.

“Good idea.”

She wondered briefly if the consumption of the Magnemite changed the Meltan’s body composition.

“Sounds like an interesting experiment. We’ll feed it different kinds of things. I’d like to see if it absorbs the qualities of other metal—like how other living things receive nutrients from food.”