6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 13:49:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
to think that another one of them comes to hoenn was a surprise. he shouldn't be surprised since silphs apparently have a hundred of them roaming all over the world and hoenn seems to be part of their pilgrimage, but he is.

kyle chats him up, genuinely curious about the silph. maybe he can fish out some fernando secrets from him, though he's pretty sure there's very little of them that fernando actually cares about.

"on a scale of songbird to alex, how close are you with ferny?"

he asks the question as they move to an appropriate spot for a battle. considering his relationship with the other siblings that he personally knows, this was a question most of them wouldn't actually take offense on.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
kyle vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 17:04:32 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"who?"

he pauses, then breaks into a chuckle.

"probably alex. whichever one's less."

he's not kept up with either of them, but it's not for lack of trying.

it isn't until they've found a nice little spot that he calls out his choice for the battle. the snorlax crashes into the ground, spilling sand.

"consider this battle a prelude to one we'll have in the future."

he raises a hand, beckoning.

"let's go?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 3:43:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle's not sure why he releases his houndoom when he knows there's very little the pokemon can do against a snorlax, but his hand was already on the pokeball and it only seemed natural for him to use it.

"sure."

he takes his side of the field while the houndoom acclimates on the beach. sand feels weird on its toes, holding them up and shaking them once before kyle gives him the instruction.

"smog."

the houndoom exhales smoke from his maw, covering thee field with thick poisonous fog. it's dense enough not to get blown away by the sea breeze as it slowly creeps to the snorlax's side of the field.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
kyle vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 13:50:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the SMOG slowly creeps over, causing snorlax to cough. thankfully, it brings its heavy hands up to cover its mouth, polite enough not to spread any germs. surrounded by a dense FOG, it's unable to see its target. but that's fine.

"wash it away."

like a waterbender, snorlax shifts into a stance and starts waving its stubby arms in the air in smooth motions. it draws water from the sea, conjuring a wave of SURF to wash over the battlefield.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 4:23:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the houndoom has already blended in with the thick smog, moving to a position as the snorlax tries to do its waterbending stance. kyle cannot see where he was, but he has an idea of where his pokemon was moving towards.

"go for the weak spot!"

water from the beach comes crashing at the shore. the houndoom already has relocated itself by the snorlax, using its body to shield itself from any kind of splashing.

when its cover gets blown, it quickly crunches down at the snorlax's ankles. it's one of the only places it can reach stealthily, but at the same time, it's also somehow the favorite spot for dogs to chomp on by default.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
kyle vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 13:03:18 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"be faster, snorlax!"

another SURF is already being summoned by the time the CRUNCH connects. snorlax yelps, roars, then quickly shifts its weight, falling back in an attempt to fall on the houndoom to hold it in place as another SURF washes over the battlefield.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 13:19:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"be fasterer, geitz."

unfortunately, there's nothing to be fasterer on for the houndoom as he was fucked eitherway.

a nasty plot stirs up in the houndoom's head. instead of running away from the snorlax when it falls over it, it allows its entirety to be crushed by the snorlax's body. it braces on the best spot it could, horns pointed at the belly, before it attempts to endure the force.

heat emanates from underneath the snorlax before the surf comes in, washing over the snorlax that completely covers the houndoom with its fat.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
kyle vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 9:56:27 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"not like that!"

fuck. whatever.

the snorlax shrugs, feeling houndoom's two horns sticking into its belly. it simply lets out a THUNDER in retaliation, keen on zapping the fire-type still.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 15:44:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"like this?" he asks, interjecting himself between matias and his pokemon's conversation.

from underneath the snorlax, a bright light shines. lightning strikes at the same time, masking the showy effects of mega evolution. still, the houndoom seems too keen on letting its presence known.

"i think it's dark pulse now."

light turns blacker as dark energy overflows and pushes the snorlax away from the houndoom. previous boosts from its nasty plot and its mega evolution power up its payback of sorts.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
kyle vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 9:24:00 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"yeah, like that."

there's nothing to stop the MEGA EVOLUTION from happening. snorlax can't do the same; it simply peers down past its layers, watching in confusion as the fire-type beneath it changes.

the DARK PULSE sends snorlax into the air and for moments, it floats.

"SLEEP."

surprisingly, the snorlax closes its eyes and falls into a deep REST. it slams back into the ground, snoring.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 16:41:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the snorlax goes to sleep. nighty-night, snorlax-chan!

the houndoom crawls out and climbs on top of the sleeping snorlax. all four paws stand on its belly as its head looms over the normal-type's face. upon deep thought, waking it up is very rude.

"you should make it sleep longer. smog."

the fire-type opens its mouth and sprays a condense cloud of toxins into the snorlax, filling its respiratory system with cancer-inducing smoke. it's also warm because it's from a fire-type, so it's extra cozy, and since it's reminiscent of pollution, nostalgic too if this silph grew up in the city.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
kyle vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 8:39:32 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the SMOG covers, darkening, blanketing. it sends snorlax into an even deeper slumber; its snores grow louder and louder, threatening to drown out all else.

matias crosses his arms over his chest, coughing only once at the SMOG.

"this is nice."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 2:59:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the smog continues to fill the snorlax's respiratory system. he's pretty sure he'll have cancer for prolonged exposure to nicotine and other harmful toxins, but the silphs seem pretty rich. maybe they also have a medical plan for their pokemon.

"do you like it?" he asks matias. "my houndoom worked pretty hard for it."

it's not just any other regular smog-- it's mega houndoom smog! it oozes with good boy energy... it's like when people try to differentiate smoking with vaping, but for other old people who don't do either, it looked just the same so it must be the same.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
kyle vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 17:47:23 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"i do like it, kyle."

snorlax continues to snore.

"it's like mega-smog, or something."

is the battle lost?

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 16:30:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
probably. maybe. in another universe, this kind of gassing would be marked as inappropriate and kyle would be reported for using chemical warfare, specifically poisonous gases, on pokemon.

"thank you," he thanks matias in lieu of his houndoom. "i think it's something that can be ignited or something to combust, i dunno. pokedex says a houndoom's fire is poisonous or something, so i'm guessing it's connected to that."

maybe mega-smog was the correct term.

the houndoom steps off the snorlax and lets it have its rest in peace.