[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]THEME
[break]
vibe![break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
summer time problems[break][break]
outfit!

In summer, the greatest threat you'll face isn't the pokemon you'll encounter in the wild but rather, the sweltering heat that threatens to knock your socks off if you don't drink enough water. She remembers how her mom used to tell her that each and every time summer rolled around, carefully helping to adjust that beautiful straw hat on her head and smoothing out the wrinkles of her sundress. It had been something she remembered fondly, her fingers entangling themselves in long fur as she listens to the soft whines of her pokemon.
[break][break]
"I know... we're almost to the pool, okay? Just hang in there a little longer." With how ridiculously hot it's become, Eris is only able to offer little snippets of reassurance as she leads the way to a supposed safe haven, Eyja and Reiner in tow as Inari and Nova seemingly wither away on the Luxray's back. She's long since abandoned wearing a jacket to hide her scars and recent injuries, making do with a bunch of bandages hastily wrapped around her arms for covering up and tying the sleeves of the coat around her waist.
[break][break]
The ocean breeze blows in every so often, sweet and soothing in its chilly nature as it spurs the group on. But nothing is quite as motivating as the sight of the crystal clear waters up ahead, the pool somewhat quiet with many people having left to participate in the beach tournament. Eyja and Reiner immediately begin to speed up and plunge right into the pool, dragging Inari and Nova into the watery depths in a fit of barks and snickers whilst leaving Eris to catch up right after.
[break][break]
Instead, she pauses in her tracks, pulling out a rather shoddily repaired phone and snapping a picture of the sight. One way or another, this one's definitely going to be added to her wall of memories. But before she worries about that, she may as well partake in the fun to be had!
[break][break]
"Don't go overboard!" With a word of caution, she wanders to the edge of the pool, sitting down and dipping her legs into the cooling waters. After all, she's in no way prepared nor energetic enough for a swim. Maybe some other time...

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800][googlefont=Hachi+Maru+Pop]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Ghost in a Flower [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 13:59:07 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
As sits at the pool side, a chilly cold slowly approaches from her side.

A small Snom wearing sunglasses wiggles over the floor towards her at a snail's pace, cool as a cucumber thanks to its icy cocoon. It turned up its sunglassed gaze at her, before squealing a little salute.

"Oi, away from the water, Daran." Came a familiar voice as a few steps came by, a body dropping into the pool's water shortly after. It was long before the familiar visage of Doug broke the water's surface, straw hat and scuba headset on display as he threw his arms over the edge of the pool, leaning against it. "'Sup Eris! How ya been?"

Off into the distance, she would probably be able to recognize the Scizor lazily floating in the water, flapping its wings every so often. Presumably, the water bug outside of the pool nearby, constantly spraying playful baby pokemon with Soak to keep them cool, was one of Doug's as well.

"Hoenn's heat gets a little crazy, don't it?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,766 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Ghost in a Flower [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 18:30:24 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]花散らせ今吹くこの嵐は
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]
[break][break]

[break]
vibe![break][break]

[break]
outfit!

No matter how far or fast you run, the past always seems to catch up with you sooner or later. There is a brief chill that travels down her spine when she hears her name, a fear that pierces through the calm when she hears that voice. In an instant, Reiner is by her side, carefully swimming to the edge and placing his paws upon the smooth surface as he warily eyes the teen. He slips a look towards his trainer, along with a brief show of his teeth, only to be offered a headpat in return.
[break][break]
"It's fine..." She whispers.
[break][break]
It really isn't, she's freezing up and her mind's going blank. Her throat feels dry and she doesn't know what exactly she should say in response. It's been a living hell? It's been a journey with lots of twist and turns? She's still unsure of what she should feel? Does she want to apologise for what she's done? A thousand thoughts wash over her like a tidal wave, their voices mixing into one collective mess as she struggles to separate a single drop of water from the ocean.
[break][break]
"Yeah..." After a few moments of palpable silence, Eris finally answers, gently tucking any loose strands of pink hair away from her face as she turns her gaze to the cooling waters. "It's a lot different than what I'm used to..."
[break][break]
'Used to' being said with a wince.
[break][break]
At this point, the rest of her team have noticed the commotion, a small Pichu holding onto a Yamper for dear life as she paddles right after the land-bound Cyndaquil. As soon as he reaches the poolside, Nova is out of the waters and by her side, reaching out to clasp her hand as Reiner quietly fusses over Eyja and Inari. Drawing comfort from the presence of her companions, Eris takes in a deep breath and resists the urge to scratch at her bandages.
[break][break]
"How... have you been?"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Ghost in a Flower [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 1:17:57 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
Lo and behold, the past of two whole days or so ago caught up to Eris, absolutely terrifying in its friendly grin and silly get up.

To Reiner's flash of teeth, Doug offered a casual two fingered salute.

"Ya can say that again; even the fields didn't get this hot in summer." He said with a groan, sinking his shoulders deeper into the water, shying away from the burning rays of the sun.

If he noticed her wince, he certainly didn't say anything.

"Pretty good; got my ass whooped by earlier today; couldn't decide if my pride was wounded or overflowing, so I came 'ere to do both." He said, gesturing to his snom to come closer as he spoke. Soon as it was within reach, he picked it up and put it onto his nape, sighing in relief. "Much better."

A comfortable (on his side anyway) settled between the two, the youth's eyes fluttering shut as he rested his head between his arms.

"Oh! Yeah, I nearly forgot; Hideo's worried 'bout'cha, so give'im a call whenever ya got time, eh?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,766 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Ghost in a Flower [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 1:57:16 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
vibe![break][break]

[break]
outfit!

Eris too, remembers getting beat by Hideo, though she can't quite say it to be an absolute loss on her part. After all, she'd finally gotten a chance to let Kiara shine for her first battle so all in all, they'd done their best.
[break][break]
"He was worried?" Quietly kicking her legs in the water, there's a mild disbelief that lingers in her voice, a wariness that dares her to overstep her boundaries and see the consequences. While the thought of a friend being concerned is one so dear to hold, Eris can't quite bring herself to accept it.
[break][break]
"I met him earlier... during the tourney..." Idle hands scoop water from the pool and pour it over Nova in waves, the summer heat battering down upon them as she tries to sieve through her thoughts. "He and Elga beat Kiara but we managed to put up a fight at the very least."
[break][break]
She refrains from delving into the past, uncertain if treading on such grounds would be wise after all the stunts she had pulled. Obstruction of an arrest, creating of a bomb, unplanned destruction of a legendary pokemon? In the end, she'd still found out that it had somehow survived - Mercury was no doubt going to throw a tantrum when she finally released him from his pokeball. But did Doug know about it?
[break][break]
There are too many gaps in her knowledge for her to even begin.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Ghost in a Flower [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 17:46:53 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
"Why wouldn't we be?" Doug said with a laugh, reaching over to pat head, ruffling her hair.

Doug pouted as he heard of her own defeat, ruffling her hair further.

"Don'cha worry 'bout that, shortstuff. You'll get 'im next time. Course, I gotta say the same to him next I see 'im." He said with a wink and a chuckle. "I'm glad ya decided to participate in the tournament too."

After he went and publicly sponsored her, he would have been pretty sad if she didn't show up. And his chances of not making it last at the Gym Leader's bet would have been halved at best, too.

After a moment, he yawned, looked up at her face, noticed her deep, worried pensiveness... and snorted.

"What'cha looking like that for anyway?" He asked casually, picking his nose jokingly. "... it about the Cycling Pass?"

He casually pulled out... nothing, though he still flicked it, before smirking.

"Ya do know kids like you can't be held accountable for anything that happened there, right?" He said with a wink. "Specially when we all cover for ya and don't mention any of it."

Her 'teacher' though? That guy was toast, soon as Doug found his ass.

Suddenly, the youth's headwear popped up and off his hair, revealing a little mass of mercury-like metal woobling in place, it's one solid piece a golden nut wearing the youth's straw hat.

"Oi Slime, stop that." The youth said, reaching over to gently drag his finger over the pokemon's nut head, the little bunch of slime cooing as it leaned up against his digit. Doug grinned. "Don'tcha worry, I saw a scrap heap on the way here. We'll make a stop there 'fore going for our next match."

A moment later, the youth blinked, before looking at Eris.

"Uh, don't panic. This cutie is A-ok." He said, before grinning wide at Eris. "Turns out we didn't really kill 'em all! Just kinda... put 'em on a long sleep. Crazy, right? These little guy came outta my clothes while I was on laundry duty."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,766 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Ghost in a Flower [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 18:29:38 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
vibe![break][break]

[break]
outfit!

"A friend convinced me to... said it would be good to get out and have a bit of fun... forget all that happened." She's no doubt grateful to Razz in all his kindness, having enjoyed every bit of this event and reuniting with those whom she had missed. The fact that Doug hits the mark with his comment makes her flinch instinctively, a hand reaching out for Reiner as he gently nuzzles his drenched head against her palm.
[break][break]
"K- kind of..." But even uncertainty and fear of the unknown can't stop her attention from immediately snapping to him when he mentions covering up for her. "I'm... not in trouble?" It's almost a breath of fresh air, a sigh of relief held back by festering seeds of doubt sown deep into her heart. "After all that happened?"
[break][break]
Before Eris can even begin to start questioning those decisions, Doug's hat pops up to reveal what seems to be a silver blob, one that garners him a reflexive jerk backwards as she stares at the tiny pokemon.
[break][break]
"You have one too?!"
[break][break]
As if awakened by the cooing and ruckus, a little blob of metal flops out of her jacket pocket, the edges of its head crashing right into the ground before it hastily pulls itself upright. Spying its brethren, the Meltan squeals and hops right into Eris' lap, ignoring the disgruntled growls of Nova whilst it flails its stubby little arms.
[break][break]
"Mercury kind of flopped out of my rain-soaked coat the other day..."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Ghost in a Flower [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 20:49:12 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
As the little Meltans waved and wiggled at each other, Doug smiled softly, thankful towards Eris' good friend; hopefully he would get to meet them some day and thank them properly.

Plucking the little Meltan off his head, he gently placed it at the edge of the pool- were naturally, it immediately scrambled for Eris' lap, wanting to wiggle closer to its kin.

"I'm guessin' Hideo's gonna be finding one in 'is close pretty soon too." Doug said, eyeing the two as they played, somewhat surprised that Eris had one of her own as well. "Not too sure how I feel 'bout that; he was pretty naughty that day."

Being sassy and being bratty were two different things, and certainly made the distinction sharp. He would rather the boy wasn't rewarded for being overly reckless- hypocritical as that might be, given Doug's own history.

Do as I say, not as I do, blah blah.

Doug simply tilted a brow at Eris' doubt, grinning.

"Nothing really happened, Eris." He said simply, ruffling her hair once more. "We got there, met cute mons, ran into trouble, fought for our lives, and came out as well as we could. And I've been meaning to thank ya. You kept Hideo safe while it all went down. I'm really thankful for that."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,766 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Ghost in a Flower [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 15:53:31 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
vibe![break][break]

[break]
outfit!

She holds no hesitation when it comes to accepting new pokemon. As soon as Slime wanders closer to her, Eris is picking it up and placing it on her lap as Mercury glomps it.
[break][break]
"That would be really cool!" She smiles, mildly excited at the prospect of having fellow trainers to turn to when facing little metal blob issues. "He was about as interested in the Meltans as I was, so it'd probably be a nice surprise for him..."
[break][break]
Even as Doug ruffles her hair, Eris does still show some apprehension towards the gesture, freezing up just slightly before forcing herself to relax with a deep breath. "Hideo... said he would cover for me if I got in trouble with my caretakers. He really doesn't need to though..." The mention of parents is skirted around as if second nature, a quiet growl reaching her ears as Reiner shoves his head into her open palm and nudges it. She allows the gesture to grow into a gentle headpatting session, quietly kicking her legs in the waters as the summer heat seems to gradually melt away.
[break][break]
"I'm... sorry. For running... and hurting others... I just... I didn't know what I was doing..."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Ghost in a Flower [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2021 15:54:27 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
He had heard it from of course- her escape, the exchange leading up to it.

Eris' orphaned status had always been somewhat clear to him, but that had more or less made him fully realize things. Perhaps she had been able to tell for him as well.

As Eris began to apologize, he plucked his hat off his head, before settling it atop hers.

"Ya don't need to apologize, Eris; Kids are allowed to make mistakes. God knows I make 'em every day." He said, grinning. "Just try n' rely more on yer friends in the future, eh? I got heated and stressed then, but they would've gone over my dead body 'fore I let 'em do anythin' to ya."

Josh's too; probably 's as well, if she heard of the League trying to question a child. They weren't bloody rockets- to put a small kid through that kind of stress was absolutely forbidden.

"If ya ever are in trouble, ring me up. , , , - We lived through a lot together! Ya got all of us to fall back on if anythin' happens. We'll do our best to help ya out one way or another- Even if it's dealing with that kinda mess. Yer our friend after all."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,766 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Ghost in a Flower [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2021 8:12:07 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
vibe![break][break]

[break]
outfit!

Rely more on her friends... Can she truly rely on them when she can't even be relied on to tell them of her allegiances? She knows of the causes behind Kanto's downfall, she knows that they hide amongst those she befriends and makes promises with, she knows that she would protect some of them even if it meant throwing her life away - All because those who had taken her family had become family itself.
[break][break]
The hat is placed upon her head, its straw fringes blocking the world from view as Eris gently tugs it down. What does it really mean to have friends? Does it really mean anything if they stand with opposing factions? How sure is she that she isn't going to use them? Be forced to manipulate them for Rocket's gains? How long will it be before she has to betray them?
[break][break]
If it comes down to a decision between family and friends, who will she choose?
[break][break]
The world's a little blurry, her cheeks growing warm as the tears begin to drop.
[break][break]
"Thank you..." She chokes out but only she knows that the words she truly wants to say remain unspoken.
[break][break]
Don't trust me.[break]
Please don't hate me.
[break]
I'm sorry that you think of me as a friend...

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Ghost in a Flower [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2021 18:17:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: