awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
oceanbranch maintenance [ ss m ]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 20:43:19 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Although he didn't have a water pokèmon with him, Sam just couldn't keep from doing work. He apparently had a curse where even on his days off he was doing work of some sort.

He'd been on a cruise, and that'd gone bust.

He ended up in Pacifidlog, and so here he was working. Alolan shirt, board shorts, sunglasses. Prescription sunglasses at that. A lot of different jobs were given out, apparently a local swarm of pokémon were irritating the older bridges from one house to the main portion of the city, so they were repairing them and helping to solidify the boardwalks into more easily managed docks.

Why they wouldn't just get floating docks like Slateport had, he'd never understand. Sure, there was the whole 'namesake' to think of, and that the floating docks would do more damage in case of a natural disaster.

But metal and log would do just as much damage and the metal would be heavier, and therefore have less of a chance to fly out of the water if 'untied' and go crashing into somebody's house.

Though Sam had to keep his opinion to himself, tying off one of the logs and looking up with furrowed brows of concentration.

"I need another load of wood!"
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 17:14:40 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
Honestly, while some might consider it work, Eve really did not. Especially not when her Pokemon was doing all the work. And, really, Lapras just liked pulling things from one place to another. ‘Transport’ Pokemon was probably not just a randomly picked name or something like that, but rather a calling. That old gal loved doing this, Eve liked half lazing on her back in the sun and they were getting paid for it, too. Sure, she did not really need the money all that much. But she liked being productive, too. As long as it wasn’t too strenuous.

This here though, it certainly wasn’t. Someone nearby was calling for wood, so she nudged Lapras towards the direction of that sound without looking. Seated hallway on the Pokemon’s back, she had her own to the ‘saddle’ it naturally sported and was looking up through sunglasses. Though, as they neared, she did turn slightly without getting up to see the other person. He was wearing an Alolan shirt, so she lazily gave the typical Alolan greeting. If she was wrong, so what? She was a tourist here, too. One could easily see it from her not exactly wearing pragmatic clothes today, more or less just a slightly baggy – though still finely embroidered, hence not cheap – white shirt over her swimsuit. The vacation vibe was coming from her quite strongly.
“You need wood? We got wood. Lots of the stuff.” She briefly nodded towards the float trailing Lapras. “How much do you need?”
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 14:55:07 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
The answer to his call for wood had Sam lifting his head up to observe and calculate the wood needed and the wood that was trailing on the float behind the lapras and its trainer. Quick math deduced,

"All of it, if you can."

He'd need all of the wood there, and quickly he was making his way to the edge of the floating dock to get close enough so he didn't have to yell to speak with the trainer.

Taking out a dusk ball from his swim shorts, he released his gastly. After a three second delay, the gastly let his tongue fall out and then he began swinging it like a pendulum just for shits and giggles.

"Get me those logs and bring them over here, would you?"

Without complaint or fuss, the gastly started to do as the trainer asked. Floating above the water's surface thanks to his ability to LEVITATE, he was able to grip the logs with his tongue and push them along the water's surface toward where Sam wanted them.

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 17:25:15 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar

“I just transport them. I can always hand them over. Question is if I hand it to the right people,” she replied with a musical little chuckle. At the end of the day, she figured that it didn’t matter exactly which of the builders she gave the planks to. Someone would be able to make use of them, after all. If these people wanted her to deliver it to specific places first, they would probably tell her, she figured. Not that she could tell from afar anyway. At least this one looked like he was building something.

And he even had a plan to move the wood himself. Good, good. Her interest was swiftly piqued by seeing the Ghastly, reminding her of her own. But she couldn’t tell at a glance if hers could use that move, too. Probably worth looking into, really.
Meanwhile, her Lapras assisted slightly by positioning itself well. Just far enough away from the structures to not hit them, so that she could get out again with relative ease. “Need more than that? We’re probably going to go right back for another tour.”

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 17:36:14 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Another calculation of numbers, ran twice over just to be sure, Sam only hesitated in answer the question presented him for about five seconds.

"I think this'll complete this dock. There's a dock to the south they were having issues with, because of a swarm of some water pokémon, if you wanted to look into that. It's where I'm headed after this dock is finished."

Sam spoke and worked, able to easily multitask. He didn't think twice about somebody watching him or his gastly work. Mostly because this girl didn't give him suspicious vibes. She seemed normal enough.

Sometimes people gave vibes he could pick up on. Creepy ones. She didn't seem like a stalker or lurker, not yet anyway.
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 17:52:15 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
Well, maybe her own vibe would have been creepier had her Ghastly been around. Then again, he used that type of Pokemon himself, so he probably did not care too much. There sadly were silly people who still seemed convinced that ghosts were cursed or something like that. It was pretty stupid, but what could she do? Just shrug and move on, most of the time.

Now, she moved on too, but not because of superstition. He had unloaded all her wood by now, after all. “Understood. Well, we’ll make a round to the floatsam spot and pick up some more. We shall meet again to the south, then.” Might as well. Technically, it did not matter where she brought the wood as long as it was used by some of the workers. But this one had a Ghastly to make unloading easier and he told her where to go next, making for a certain pick-up. That was good enough for Eve.
She gave him another Alolan greeting – now a goodbye of course – and leaned back, once more letting Lapras do most of the work.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 13:50:33 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
The departure was taken for what he recognized it as. Alola wasn't too far away from Kanto. He'd met a few Alolans in his day. Few, but enough. Maybe she was Alolan, maybe she just liked the greeting and departure ease that the culture had developed.

Very relaxed people. Sam always felt anxiously over productive when with them.

Either way, he was finished with the floating dock soon enough thanks to his gastly's help. He walked along the dock with his gastly for a while, making sure each board was sturdy and where it needed to be. The ties were secure, so he headed south where he said he would meet the young woman he hadn't bothered to get the name of.

Needless to say, when he saw the lapras and head of familiar hair, he quickly waved his own greeting and walked closer.

"I realized it was rude of me not to introduce myself." He extended his hand to shake as an apology. "My name is Sam Carter. I'm the new caretaker for Mt. Pyre."
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 17:51:42 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
Relaxed? Yes, she very much was just that. After all, she could simply let her Pokemon do all the work while kicking back. There was little better than that. Especially with great weather like this, neither too hot nor too cold, a gentle breeze in the air and the occasional cloud to offer a little variety. And all she really had to do here was to make sure that Lapras didn’t just get distracted and float out onto the ocean or anything like that. Certainly, that was a burden she could bear. But just barely.

Soon enough though, they had another swim-in with that one guy. He seemed a lot more talkative now. Though she waved away his apology. “Don’t stress about it. We are technically here to work, after all. And names aren’t really hall that important here.” Or in general, at least among people like them. The kind that probably would not see one another again, anyway. Then again, maybe she was just a bit jaded, growing up in the show business to an extent. She’d met way too many people over her life exactly once. One learned not to bother until the second time.

Still, he had introduced himself, so it was only proper she’d do the same. Though it did mean leaning over Lapras’ side to an almost dangerous degree, she didn’t really mind all that much. Balancing like that came natural to her as well. “I am Evette, from Kalos. Though I heard of Mt. Pyre, it is supposedly a very interesting place to visit. Is it far from here?”

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2021 19:10:21 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"Yes, exceptionally."

He was on vacation, before he got roped into this, after all. So Mt. Pyre, home, was very far away. Yes, he lived on the grounds-- in the house meant for the caretaker. A small cottage that was tucked into the mountain vegetation at a safe distance from the memorial site without having to take a vehicle or ride a pokémon to get there.

"And yet, Kalos is much further. Do you have a residency in Hoenn or are you just passing through?"
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 17:14:28 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
Exceptionally far, huh? She probably wouldn’t agree. Being from Kalos, as he kind of inferred himself there, meant that she was used to longer distances. That he called it exceptionally probably meant that he didn’t travel all that much. That shirt was probably not even properly from Alola, sadly.

Eve briefly and quietly sighed to herself. Alola had been such a nice place. In fact, this kind of ‘work’ reminded her a lot of it, allowing for some reminiscing. Though he carried the conversation on, so she was bound to reply. “No residency, no. I haven’t actually had one other than home in Kalos, come to think of it.” Briefly, she pondered. Though it all made enough sense, so she did not bother too much. “I am on a journey all around the world to hone my craft and get to know the different cultures. Started in Kalos, then Alola, then Kanto, now Hoenn.”

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 13:36:10 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"I've never been to Kalos. I once did a research project over in Alola, studying the dual-types that were surfacing there."

Why he decided to share this information was beyond him. His gastly was working to move logs and he'd been told to take a break, so now he was just talking to keep himself from micro-managing the work being done.

"I grew up in Kanto, though. I've only been in Hoenn for about a month. I've seen a majority of it, just traveling around for work."
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 17:43:50 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
“You really do get around then, one month to almost see it all,” she replied, half teasing. It took her a few moments to get more flippant like that, but it also was not impossible. In a way, she liked to test people like this. See if they were the kind that appreciated at least a little wit, even if it came in an unorthodox fashion. Especially when she was as relaxed as she was here.

Though it was rather interesting that he travelled that far that fast. “A visit to Kalos is usually worth it. We have some rather interesting sights. And Dual Types too, I reckon.” A brief laugh. She didn’t quite get what was so interesting about those, but she could appreciate the appreciation of others. “Are you going to Mt. Pyre for research purposes too? I must admit that I am a bit ignorant of that particular place, though if a researcher takes care of it, there has to be something special about it.”
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 17:35:08 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"Not strictly, no."

The answer he had for her question of why he was going to Mt. Pyre. He'd mentioned he was the caretaker there already, but perhaps she'd forgotten. Or perhaps she simply wondered if he was multitasking his reason for being there.

"My research is more of a hobby, rather than a passion." Granted he wasn't entirely sure what his passion was, other than enjoying the feeling when he was able to help people move on from the passing of one they cared deeply for.
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 19:52:28 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
“Oh, I see,” she replied, not disappointed or anything. Truth be told, she had absolutely no idea as to what a caretaker like this actually did. She knew caretakers for gardens and estates, but mountains were something she hadn’t even thought to need such things. But then again, she didn’t know too much about jobs outside of her own field of expertise, so that was probably to be expected.

After all, as a second-generation singer, she never had had much to do with any caretakers others than those taking care of her. “Though, honestly, I always found that hobbies are often the truer expression of passion than a career. Those are creatures of chance, upbringing and passion, while hobbies are usually all the latter~.” Then again, for her it was coincidentally both the same, so she wasn’t the best to talk about this.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 15:00:30 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"You've a point there."

His work and his hobbies rarely aligned. Sometimes he could tend a grave and see a dual-type naturally. Or the ever illusive gastly of his proving that the toxic gasses that killed whoever made the soul that became gastly could have been a true myth on how the pokémon started. But curiously, wouldn't that make gastly a person, not a pokémon? To people then, in death, become pokémon?

It was all very interesting to research but hard to put into solid fact, rather than lucid theory.

"It must be something special to pursue your passion and hobby and have it be your job. You make a prime example of 'living the dream' then, don't you?"