Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Overgrow |
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 12:08:28 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
He's chosen route 123 for two reasons:

A: It was full of life. With constant showers and greenery, this part of Hoenn was known for its abundance of vegetation especially in the warmer months.

B: It was secluded. Not many people came this deep into the route, most traveling this way halted their journeys at Mt. Pyre, and so they were off the beaten path.

It's a group of four traveling with the tree including himself. was the first, a scientist placed under him by , which was reason enough not to trust the woman, but she'd proven herself wiser than most in the labs, and thus useful. She'd be serving as his second today, and while wary Miles was pleased enough to have a competent researcher at his side.

The second was an elite agent who Miles admittedly had a slight affinity for. His general attitude brought with him a certain levity that Miles could appreciate seeing as 'levity' was far too scarce in their line of work. Priam had experience with an assortment of these trees and would serve as a human subject in the experiment alongside himself. He was a good man.

The third was a grunt had recommended to Miles personally, she was rough around the edges, but she apparently had a good heart one that'd been too caught up in the machinations of and Theo as of late, but he hopes finds some measure of peace in the work they do today.

The group of four would remain undercover as they traversed the route until finally, they arrive deep enough in the route to unload and begin the days work. The researcher throws a pokeball revealing an Excadrill signaling that it's time to begin. "Medit make a hole as we discussed."

"If anyone has pokemon to help with the planting now would be a good time to let them loose, we'll also need to section off the area as much as we can."

"Does anyone have any questions or concerns?"
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,331 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Overgrow |
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 16:28:33 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
a venusaur gets chosen as the pokemon that gets to help them in relocating the tree. it's the same one that got it out, and getting its roots back firmly planted within the earth will be an easier task for it.

"venu, help with that too, m'kay?"

with priam's command, the grass-type helps soften the earth for an easier excavation with earth power. its properties as a grass-type will come into help later, but that process was still ways off from step one.

he raises his hand when miles opens the floor for questions.

"how do we make sure that league won't be able to find it this time? they found the last one effortlessly before."

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Overgrow |
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 17:15:36 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

Almost like a proctor or a professor Miles would respond to the question watching both the Venasaur and the Excadrill prepare the hole, Priam's usefulness knew no bounds.

"Ah A very good question!" And one he had an answer equally as good. Miles had the same concern upon realizing the tree had to be planted in the open, after all, Rangers constantly patrolled the entirety of the region, especially with the world as it was. However, there was one thing that constantly and undoubtedly halted almost all league business.

"Beauracracy my friend."

It'd taken a little work from , but together the two managed something of a deal. "As far as anyone here is concerned, Infinity Energies plans to build one of its new generators here, and so all land within the next 8 acres or so is official property of Infinity Energies. We're far enough off the beaten path that we haven't encroached on any of the region's routes and so this my dear friends is now private property."

While Miles' was of the belief that the idea that land could and should be owned was a disgusting scheme and tool of the rich to control the less fortunate, he'd taken this as a necessary precaution for what he deemed to be the greater good. In fact, Miles had an assortment of plans for the land if his research with the tree came to fruition.

"Any other questions?" He offers his hand more than willing to answer whatever the group of four could come up with.

close tab

played by

greyson

nat
she/her
twenty-six
july sixteenth
wyndon city
pansexual
biochemist
irrelevant
workaholic
23 height
23 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
112 posts
part of
TAG WITH @natalie
natalie fairchild
Overgrow |
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 3:23:18 GMT
natalie fairchild Avatar

it was hot.

sweat trickled down her lower back and her mood soured even further. she despised the hot. yes, research and her work was important. but she hated sweating. probably more than anything.

except maybe .

"can someone explain to me just what we're doing here?"

she doesn't even bother trying to hide the irritation in her voice. she releases a pokemon, a roserade, who sets to helping the other two.

meanwhile, natalie waits 'patiently'.
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
Overgrow |
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 5:51:48 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]Plank doesn't know how she got picked for this job. She is not happy she got picked for this job. It is boring and it's hot out and she hates it here. When they finally come to a stop she wastes no time finding some shade to camp under.

As she wipes sweat from her brow and neck she thanks whatever is out there that she cut her hair.

"My only gardener is busy," she pipes up when the question of pokemon to help is thrown out. Wright has gotten damn good at working with plants, but he's busy looking after her plants; and is oddly reluctant to leave the islet Plank laid claim to months ago.

The rest of the conversation mostly goes in one ear and out the other. She doesn't have any questions and as far as she's concerned that means she doesn't have to pay attention to the others who do. She's here to follow orders and leave. Though she does tune in when the irritated voice of the other woman pipes up.

"We're plantin' a tree," she answers unhelpfully, her own irritation seeping through with a side of immature, exaggerated condescension, "even I figured that out."

[newclass=.sunshine]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sunshine b]color: #f9993d[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Overgrow |
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 16:12:53 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

"Not quite as apt as the previous question, but acceptable nonetheless."

The muggy weather wasn't the most pleasant thing, Miles could attest to that even he found himself sweating more than he cares to, but for the sake of his work, his dreams, hard labor was but a small price to pay.

"Young Ms. Vela is correct we are gardening!" He exclaims as if it weren't the most obvious thing in the world. "I'm surprised you aren't more interested Fairchild."

Excadrill continues to till the soil the Venasaur softened alongside the Roserade, and Miles reaches down to inspect it, making sure to scoop a small amount into a test tube. Other than its richness a testament to the routes growing conditions the soil was like any other, but Miles always found it prudent to be safe than sorry, and a little foresight went a long way.

"Thanks to Priam, and his team we managed to excavate the tree from a route surrounding Fallarbor." before he continues he waves the two ladies forward to the tree itself.

"Touch it." It's more of a challenge than a command.

If the two chose they'd understand this was no ordinary specimen, not that its odd coloration wasn't already indictive of that. They'd feel what he, Priam, and Chu-e felt albeit to a lesser extent due to the tree's growing weakness.

"It's a tree that shares properties with an arbiter of life, The legendary pokemon Xerneas." He pays little attention to the two in favor of inspecting the growing hole now, giving the Excadrill instructions to widen it while Miles continued his lecture.

"In my studies thanks largely in part to both Priam and Chu-e I learned that the tree cannot survive unless it is directly connected to the earth, no simulated environment will do."

"So for all of everyone's griping, we're here in one of the most fertile locales in the entirety of the region. To see if we can better understand the nature of this puzzle."

"And of Xerneas itself."

He doesn't vocalize the last point, as it was admittedly a stretch, but that's what Miles truly came to do. If he could learn some portion of the life pokemon's secrets perhaps he could better use that information to heal his people, and moreover his world. Even in his research, he is a bleeding heart.

And even if all he hopes doesn't come to pass, this tree propagated life more so than anything he'd ever seen. If nothing else bringing a little more life to the world wasn't a bad way to spend a day.

Miles calls another pokeball revealing an Off-colored golurk. Where one normally saw blue and yellow there was black and green.

"Between Golurk and Venasaur let's see if we can get her planted now. Priam, shall we?"

close tab

played by

greyson

nat
she/her
twenty-six
july sixteenth
wyndon city
pansexual
biochemist
irrelevant
workaholic
23 height
23 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
112 posts
part of
TAG WITH @natalie
natalie fairchild
Overgrow |
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 18:51:23 GMT
natalie fairchild Avatar

"and i think i speak for everyone when i say we're truly proud you've come to the conclusion so quickly,"

her own voice was a dangerous combination of venom and sarcasm as she responds to . the urge to bury her six feet under with the tree suddenly grew rapidly.

she does, reach out to touch the tree as he suggests. natalie blinks, the feeling pulsing through from her contact.

"now i am interested."

an emerald gaze turns to miles.

"where did you get this? how fast does it grow? could we expect to lure the legendary?"
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,331 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Overgrow |
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2021 17:02:20 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam's enthusiasm shows when he raises his hand upon getting asked by miles to start things up. "sure, sure!" the raised hand turns to a finger gun, which he then points to his venusaur.

"you heard him! frenzy plant."

disgruntled by such energy early in the morning, the venusaur forces itself to work its thing. it concentrates on the ground before large roots started appearing out of the spot. they move around in a way that signals the golurk that it's the spot to place the tree.

the venusaur would manage to assist the tree's roots deep down the earth once it's move manages to get hold of the tree. having experienced digging it up, the grass-type should be able to know how deep the roots initially were.

"that's also how we took it out of the ground too, by the way," he shares for no reason at all.

close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
Overgrow |
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 3:08:44 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]"Yeah, well I speak for myself when I tell ya t' shove it up your ass," Plank bites back, popping off the tree to stand straight up. She takes a step forward and isn't sure exactly what it'll lead into; but thankfully is robbed of the opportunity to think too hard by the scientists' instructions.

With a huff she turns her attention away from the older woman and towards the tree before them. The order to touch it is weird, but all of Rocket is fucking weird. The fact they're here planting some extra special tree is at least as weird as any commands to feel it up.

It's significantly weirder that the thing has a pulse. At least that's how Plank understands the feeling of something under her palm. She rips her hand away like she's been burned.

"What the fuck," she murmurs, glancing at it and then the tree in turn.

The conversation this seems to prompt from the Head Scientist and the significantly-less-head scientist fades into the background as Plank shakes her hand off and walks back to her place under a normal, not breathing tree.

Xerneas isn't a name she recognizes, and while "legendary" is pretty big in any context she's also not especially interested in dealing with one.

Bulu and Shadow Lugia made it clear she and that particular breed of demi-god weren't meant to interact.

"You gonna need anythin' once it's planted? I can, like . . . fuckin' water it I guess? I was kinda expectin' to be plantin' the tree the old fashioned way so . . ." she waves a hand around vaguely as her voice peters out.

[newclass=.sunshine]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sunshine b]color: #f9993d[/newclass]