4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 10:48:47 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She looked up just as the light flashed over his face eerily. His words were gobbled by her paranoia. She’d shown an attachment to something, and that wasn’t particularly safe.

At least, it didn’t seem that way when he asked such ominous questions.

Lulu frowned. “Yeah, I guess so. Why?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 11:41:12 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"just curious."

a finger taps, scattering ash as they turn a corner. it leads out into another narrow walkway.

"what makes it different than your others?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 11:32:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Parts of Golisopod resonated with her. It was a strong, opportunistic fighter—but it had a certain peacefulness to it which she admired. It had also been with her for longer than any other on her team.

“I’ve had it the longest.” She shrugged.

Turtonator, brought over from those days raiding and dealing in Kanto, was kept mostly in storage, and not considered. It brought bad memories.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 7:11:56 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"hm."

somewhere deep down, he understands; he feels similarly of his fishies but they're different in the sense that they aren't tools. they aren't weapons. they just exist.

pokemon like golisopod, nidoking — those are tools.

hearing movement, he snaps his hand out and stops saoirse by her shoulder. his voice drops low, appraoching a whisper.

"to our right."

their small walkway leads out into another that stretch both left and right. he doesn't have to glance behind him to know that there's nowhere to hide, no little alleyway they can duck into. sootopolis' architecture might be their downfall.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 8:12:20 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She stopped lifelessly still, heart jumping. Talking about Golisopod had been a distraction. Maybe it was why she hadn’t heard before.

Darkening eyes looked over towards their right. She spoke just as low, “What do you want to do?” 

Putting them to sleep was maybe an option, whoever, or whatever it—unless there were a lot of them.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 8:12:49 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]it's difficult to discern the footsteps from one another; they're too similar, too close, that it leaves him with the only option to peer around the corner.

he soon returns, returning his gaze to saoirse.

"can you sleep three?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 11:02:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She watched him poke his head around, not very frightened herself. Eyes passed to her pokemon, and she slid a hand over an invisible surface, gesturing for ‘not a sound.’

But she spoke anyways, soft, and close to Theo so he could hopefully be the only one to hear. “Sure.” She would even be able to leave the other two to guard the crate. “And what about you?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 9:52:02 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i stay right here."

what else could he do? probably something, but he leaves the situation to her, and it shows in the way he takes a step back towards golisopod.

he watches her, expecting but not judging.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
smuggle
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 3:55:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu glanced towards the crate and her team, and decided it was probably for the best. “Fine.”

As he’d be used to by now, shadow overtook her and dropped her away into the darkness of the night.

What would appear on the path, first, would be orbs of DARK VOID, coming seemingly out of nowhere. Darkrai rose, startling the two which it didn’t hit—but it wasn’t alone. Lulu rose, just as Noctowl dove in from above to join the assault. With glowing eyes, their combined HYPNOSIS dropped the other two strangers to the ground with ease.

Though the urge to feed pulled her in, she refused herself, and turned to disappear again, along with Darkrai. Noctowl gave an eerie cry and took again to the air above.

She reappeared within only a minute or so. “They’re asleep.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
smuggle
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 10:12:38 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]a minute or so passes and his role as observer comes to an end.

"good."

finally stepping out into the intersection, he turns right, approaching the sleeping bodies. he simply steps over them as he passes by, uncaring.

"does it usually take that long to put them to sleep?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
smuggle
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 3:13:43 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
A gaze which cracked in tolerance was cast with vague threat.

“Yeah.”

Good, he’d said. The word still rattled between certain vertebrae. She wasn't even sure how it felt, but there was something about it. Validation she found that, by each day, she needed less. Surely, at different points, the echo varied.

She assessed the condition of her team and of their progress.

Seemed fine.

“Are you always this lazy on missions?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
smuggle
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 10:31:28 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]lazy? no. he's anything but.

"i delegate well."

footsteps bounce along the narrow walkway.

"i expect any high-ranking rocket to be able to do the same. yourself included.

unless you need help with that, too?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
smuggle
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 1:53:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Her early position as head scientist had appointed her with the responsibilities of barking orders at everyone—which had initially been more than a bit uncomfortable. To learn how to delegate tasks, and do so confidently was a journey she’d undertaken from the bottom.

So, genuinely, she laughed, and caught herself off-guard. And then, just as quickly, she realized from whence she was looking at him, and the amusement sucked back into her empty chest.

“Tell me I do a poor job, Theo.” Indignance hissed out of her nostrils, perhaps familiar by now. She beheaded any opportunity to respond with a cutting sneer and short jab. “Do you really think I’ve ever needed your help?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
smuggle
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 9:59:19 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]without missing a beat, he responds:

"i do."

indignance bounces off him as it always has.

"you do an adequate job but, with help, you'll be able to achieve more. don't you want that?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
smuggle
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 7:47:52 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu huffed, haughty and irate, as he would likely be used to at this point.

A shake of her head dismissed his appraisal. “Hm.”

Adequate.

But, she bit.

“Achieve more, huh?” As they continued on the path, she gave a pacifying sigh, holding on to what ever-wavering tolerance she could muster for Theo after recent reveals. “Like what?”