thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 19:07:49 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]they approach on a fishing boat with multiple crates stacked across the deck. they'd dock soon enough, but until then, he turns his attention towards the other. he takes a step towards her, extending an unlit cigarette.

"nervous, saoirse?"

[attr="class","noodles"] // [x]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 23:46:33 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“No. Why would I be nervous?”

She turned down the cigarette, muttering something about a brand and instead reaching for one of her own and lighting it. Still tired lungs breathed a trail of smoke out to water through soot-hazed air.

Arms crossed, thinking briefly of the end of their last interaction, before pushing the memory to the side. Embarrassing.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2021 15:02:20 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i don't know. you seem tense."

cigarette finds his lips and an inhale follows. it sinks into his lungs, spreading with a satisfying burn. he exhales smoke to the side, then turns to look at her.

"how's your cardio?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 7:00:08 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“I always seem tense. It’s part of my character.”

“Or, at least, that’s what I’m told.” 
She tapped ash from her cigarette idly in the breeze. He was then harassing her further about cardio. “Oh. Well, let’s see—” she took a drag, and blew smoke. “System seems to be working.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 13:57:18 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"not effectively, last i remember."

a finger taps, scattering ash that disperses across the waters. the docks are close now, he knows that much as he peers out into darkness.

"do you need me to step in?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2021 3:17:57 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu had expected such an answer. She still wasn’t quite sure what their relationship was, or why she allowed him to talk in such a way to her. Maybe not always, but there was certainly a gray area within their dynamic, and Theo toed the line constantly.

“What do you mean? Why?” And then, before he could respond: “How’s your cardio, Theo?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2021 11:20:55 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he's about to respond before she cuts him off with a question.

"mine?"

he pauses, considering. he settles on something he normally wouldn't.

"you tell me, saoirse."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2021 11:53:10 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She wasn’t expecting it, of course. There came an unfortunately timed cough at the shock, and she turned to hide the flush in her face. Damnit

Lulu grumbled, muttered a “Fuck off,” and walked a few steps away. Her eyes stayed evasively glued on the water. In lieu of a decent conversation, she attempted to get down to proper business. “How close are we?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2021 12:11:48 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]a soft chuckle escapes him as he watches her trail away, separating. he takes another drag of the cigarette before dropping it to the floor, foot raising to grind it against wood.

"about thirty seconds out."

and sure enough, the shape of the docks soon come into sight. he points towards it as he leans against the railing.

"it's about a fifteen-minute walk to the safe house after that. we'll need to transport just the one crate."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 8:27:04 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu followed suit with the cigarette, smooshing it under the rubber of her boot. She looked out at the water still, and then gestured with a loose wave of her hand.

Noctowl swooped out from its shadowy perch on the boat, and into the darkness ahead, its ascent soundless save for the strong whoosh of its wingspan.

“Alright. How do you want to do it?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 12:26:26 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]beckett throws a glance over his shoulder to one of the crates and makes a mental note of its dimensions. it's not small enough to be carried but also not large enough to require pokemon.

"we could pull it."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 4:25:17 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu raised eyebrows at Theo as though he was half-witted. Would this be the test of her cardio?

No. If he meant them, he could help her pokemon.

She released a Golisopod, hand going up to run across its shoulder when it appeared beside her—perhaps the first display of true affection Theo would have ever witnessed, yet.

“Golisopod can probably handle it.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 8:34:55 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]the display of affection raises an eyebrow; he turns to observe with insouciance, ultimately turning away when he assumes it to be pointless. he chooses not to show affection to tools but what she does is her choice.

"that's fine."

the boat slows to a still, docking. he turns away to step off, assuming she'd handle the heavy lifting.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 3:01:05 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She looked up to the hunching scorpion. It had been a while since it had been out. It was a bit of a shame that it was for such a dull job.

“Move the crate.” She gestured towards it. Then, she tried something, very lightly. “Please.”

It went to work, pedipalp hooking a handle and dragging.

Lulu frowned as it stuck at the threshold of the boat, and released a Blastoise onto the dock above. “Help him.”

She pointed at Golisopod. “You: there.” Finger to the other side of the crate. The boat side. Blastoise would take his place at the handle to pull onto the dock.

They managed it, pretty easily.

Then, they were off.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
smuggle
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 13:37:54 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]the tight walkways of sootopolis are quiet this late at night, so quiet that their footsteps seem to bounce between concrete, echoing with each step.

a flick of a light illuminates his features briefly. he takes a drag, exhaling as he peers to his side.

"are you fond of your golisopod, saoirse?"

[attr="class","noodles"]