thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
fishie
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 14:24:06 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"it's complicated."

it always is.

the urge to deflect, to redirect finally rises to the surface. he clears his throat, shifting it back over.

"are you seeing someone, chu-e?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
fishie
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 16:05:39 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
A very ugly snort.

"You're both too edgy and up your own asses is what it is."

That's what 'It's complicated' always ended up being. Chu-e knew from experience.

But, he would let Theo stew in it for a bit.

"I am." A small pause. "He's sweet. If he keeps up with the charm, I'll be forced to make him my second husband."
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
fishie
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 10:44:32 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]the snort's enough to make him chuckle. it's disgusting.

his eyes widen slightly at chu-e's words.

"who's your first?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
fishie
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 13:41:21 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Arthur Wright." He sighs, just a bit, at how the name still stings when it curls over his tongue. "I don't know if you ever met him personally but you might have heard about his dad."

An oil baron from Kalos with a lot of fingers in more unsavory pots. Had also been one of Rocket's biggest benefactors for years.

"He liked me for some reason, and I guess I liked him, too. I would have invited you to the wedding but we didn't really have one. Just legal documents signed and we went home and fed each other cake."

There was a bit of a melancholic sigh.

"He's dead now, though, so I guess it doesn't really matter."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
fishie
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 13:39:13 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"guess not,"

he lies — it matters. remembering them is the least they can do to honor their memory; the lives they lived. doing anything but would mean betraying them.

and he can't do that.

not again.

"who's your second?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
fishie
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 13:44:27 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Ah, ah- Tit for tat."

A soft laugh despite the previous conversation.

"Tell me if you're going to self sabotage and I'll tell you all about my boyfriend."

Information was rarely ever free, after all.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
fishie
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 13:46:55 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"hm."

he squares his jaw, considering. it'd be so easy to just close off.

but chu-e deserves better.

"most likely."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
fishie
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 13:50:41 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"His name is Leon. Blond hair, cocky as hell, sassy. Wouldn't have lasted a minute in Kanto."

But that's not always a bad thing.

Words slide from his tongue easy, after 's confession.

He deserved better, too.

"Do you feel like you need to make up for something? Or that you're not good enough?"

The field was laid before Theo if he chose to play this game.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
fishie
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 10:00:50 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"both?"

uncertainty carries in his words, in the way his eyes narrow in thought. buried deep somewhere deep in his subconscious, he wants nothing more than to submit to his fears, but to do so would cost too much.

"i just can't...give him what he wants."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
fishie
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 10:29:08 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"So you're being a pussy to spare your own feelings but you're going to act like it's for his sake. Got it."

Sharp tongues knew how to cut through bullshit.

More questions bubble up but he pushes them back. That isn't how this game is played.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
fishie
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 10:38:23 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]sharp words bounce off, unable to pierce through layers. he offers chu-e a soft sigh and a couple of words. just two, actually:

"pretty much."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
fishie
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 10:43:51 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
There is a bitterness there. Gavin is his best friend, his brother at this point. He doesn't want his friend to hurt.

And Theo was....

"You're both really fucking stupid."

His gaze turns back to fish.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
fishie
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 11:36:55 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]the moment looks to pass and yet he keeps it here with a question.

"does that make you angry, chu-e?"

highly likely but it never hurts to double-check.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
fishie
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 11:59:47 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Don't do that shit where you ask me questions you already know the answer to."

It hadn't been fun growing up and it wasn't fun now.

And he was angry. It flared up, sudden, a raw fury whose flames he had ignored for months.

"Everyone from fucking Kanto, who saw it, you're all so fucking damaged you won't even try to move forward! You won't try and better yourself, won't try and put in the fucking work to deal with your demons, so you're all going to fucking mire yourselves in your own rot!

He took a breath, chest suddenly heaving, voice slowly rising.

"None of you can see the forest for the fucking trees! You could put in the work to try and be happy but you won't and it's pathetic.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
fishie
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 15:01:36 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]instincts call for him to snap his hand forward, to grab choi by his jaw and squeeze until the words stop coming out. but nothing comes from him except indifference, walls slowly rising.

they'll close soon enough.

"stop yelling. you're scaring them."

he doesn't have to look to know rabbit's sunk in on herself in an attempt to hide. he shifts protectively, stepping closer to the tank.

"how did you move forward?"

[attr="class","noodles"]