twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
kyle vs giona h✩t
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 5:23:32 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona could feel eyes trained on him, as he camped beside the cooler full of drinks yet again. He grabbed two instead of one this time, and looked them over. Feraligatr-ade. A branded electrolyte drink, one with a cyan hue and the other magenta. The food dyes looked exactly like printer colors. He turned to face the other man, and rolled the plastic bottle across the sand to him.

The waves rolled in. A bead of sweat worked its way from his brow to the 1/16 inch side of his undercut. He stood, and dug around in his jean-shorts for a pokeball. It'd been a while since Honedge had been out for a walk, so he called it out with a red beam. The eyes on the sheath moved around, and it whistled a low note.

"Hey, man. Are you down? I'm waiting for a friend to be here, and there aren't any games on my phone."
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs giona h✩t
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 18:34:52 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle himself has been drinking on some iced coffee to fight against the heat and get himself to stay alive at the same time when a person approaches him. one statement of his sticks to kyle unnecessarily unfortunately.

no games on his phone? kyle wants to sympathize with how sad his life must've been to not install any of them.

"yeah, i'm always down," he answers, a soft smile betraying the thoughts of how he imagines the person's daily life was: sitting on lines with nothing to do but stare at the back of another person's head, spending breaks actually talking to colleagues at work, being forced to talk to strangers to pass time...

he plucks out a pokeball and releases a pokemon right away. he needs this battle to take his things off from caring too much of another person's hypothetical life.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
kyle vs giona h✩t
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 20:45:57 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona could feel eyes trained on him, as he camped beside the cooler. He sipped at the blue electrolyte drink, tipping his head back. A bead of sweat rolled down from his forehead to the side of his undercut. It’d been a reliable heat-vent up until now, but even the 1/16 inch hairs were starting to get matted down against his head in the sweltering heat.

The waves rolled in. Honedge flashed its blade, using Iron Defense. An eerie scraping sound came as the floating sword used its own sheath as a honing rod. Giona hadn’t any games on his phone. He did however have a daily tarot app. It was just woo-woo enough to grab him, and not obviously human-controlled enough for him to see through it. The sun glanced off his earrings, and he held up a finger. Giona dug the earrings out with a bandaged finger, tucking them in the same pocket as all the balls he had on hand.

"Hell yeah, dude. I wish there was more of that kinda energy here. My boss from the bistro entered just to keep up appearances."

Notes: Honedge used Iron Defense. for ambiance
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs giona h✩t
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 14:47:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"your boss doesn't know what he's missing, then!" kyle exclaims. "there are hoenn festivals that suck and those that don't. this is definitely the latter."

the boltund stares down the honedge, anticipating its next move. it decides to go for the offensive before kyle can issue the first command. the trainer manags to catch the pokemon's intentions quick, and blurts out the first move of the fight.

"nuzzle."

the pokemon rushes past the honedge, spacing itself so it barely grazes it with physical contact as it goes straight through behind it. it skids as it stops behind it, drifting until it faces the ghost-type from behind it.

"not gonna lie though, this is the best time to get some clout," he continues from the previous topic.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
kyle vs giona h✩t
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 4:05:45 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona could feel eyes trained on him, as he camped beside the cooler. He couldn't relate to 'clout' being a concern. He made his bones in the mafia. If he needed to blow up, he'd just become a state asset and release a tell-all book years later. Nonetheless, he had to make an effort to keep up appearances.

"I know, right? It's so much easier than grinding out posts online. My jokes are dogshit, but now... someone might see them."

The waves rolled in. The hound drew near, inflicting a glancing wound on Honedge, and paralyzing it. The floating sword's movements became staggered, though it didn't look all that injured. Honedge turned to face Boltund and tried using Night Slash, a series of cuts held back by its status.

"So, did you come here with friends, or by yourself?"

Notes: Honedge used Night Slash. for ambiance
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs giona h✩t
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 13:39:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"just myself," he answers bluntly. "can't really be bothering them if they don't really want to do this, yeah?"

the boltund uses the fact that the honedge is the one coming at him and waits for the perfect opportunity to seize a moment from the paralysis. even if it wouldn't totally seize up for a moment and stop, slowed movements should still give the boltund an opening.

"crunch."

a few cuts were taken, but not enough to deter it from jumping at the honedge and attempting to get its strong jaw at its hilt. it was the easier part to go for when it's in the process of slashing after all.

"why'd you ask? do you want to get a tag battle with your friend later?"

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
kyle vs giona h✩t
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 4:49:54 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona could feel eyes trained on him, as he camped beside the cooler. He raised a brow, then shrugged his shoulders. He tugged at the collar of his white button-up, which sat atop a pair of black slacks and boots. He looked like an overgrown schoolboy.

"Oh, that's a shame. This is a great time to be outdoors."

The waves rolled in. Boltund landed what some would call a critical hit. Its Crunch landed cleanly, thanks to Honedge's own No Guard ability. It was clipped at the hilt, and clattered to the ground, as if it fell off a kitchen counter. Giona dug out a black pokeball with fingers grouped together to cover the front for some reason, and a red beam pulled it back.

"Hell yeah, dude. I just gotta rustle up one of the guys from work, and I'd be down to clown."

Notes: Honedge fainted. for ambiance
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs giona h✩t
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 18:21:26 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it was clear to kyle that the boltund wanted to wield the honedge around with the way it shakes its head around after the pokemon has been recalled. to others, it just looked like some weird victory dance.

"if that's the case, then i can bother some of them."

he pulls out his phone and starts to scroll through the number of names on his contacts. only a few had been personally called or messaged though, but they're still there just in case.

"if i know my friends, they should be somewhere around this place, enjoying the event, so pulling them in shouldn't be a problem. let me see if i can get one of them."

he stops as he recalls one thing he forgot.

"oh, yeah, great match!" he holds his hand out for an introduction that he forgot as he closes the distance between them again. "kyle by the way."

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
kyle vs giona h✩t
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 5:27:38 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona dug the pokeball back into the pocket on his slacks, as it compressed. He tried to cradle it in his hand as it went down so as to obscure the R. He had a sheepish look on his face, as if he'd spilled a cup he drank from. He quickly covered it with bluster. With confidence.

"Hell yeah, dude. You can bother me too, if you need a +1 for the tournament. And... if they're just hanging out, there's a good chance that we can find 'em by going for a walk. You can have my number, too."

The waves rolled in. Kyle took the opportunity to clear the gap between the two, kind of pinning Giona between him and the cooler. A hand was stuck out, pointed towards him. He reached out his hand to grasp it. Kyle would be able to both see and feel a wrapping around his fingers somewhere between bandaging and a martial artist's grip-tape.

Giona took a second to pull up a phone with a sticker depicting a Haunter on its back, with one button at the bottom. He pulled up a page with his phone number and @ on social media on it. He held it out to display the information to Kyle, with a thumb gripping it in a way that obscured his name.

"I go by Mirco. And... if you want, I can call someone too. We could make this a double battle. They're a little frantic, but it'll be fine."

Notes: Honedge is defeated.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs giona h✩t
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 8:54:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he takes out his phone when he sees him take out his, anticipating a potential exchange of contact info. as soon as he shows his number, kyle quickly copies it on his phone.

"mirco... added!"

he sends a message to the number with his phone to save him the effort to manually type it. the text message is blank, save for a string of letters brought by button mashing just to get something in the screen.

"the more the merrier," kyle concludes with mirco's prospect of inviting his friend. "i'm always down for any kind of match though! just let me know!"

he would say anything but long, drawn-out singles was good, but his statement sounds friendlier without it.

"do you and your friend tag battle a lot? i'd invite a friend too."

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
kyle vs giona h✩t
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 7:10:48 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona felt the phone buzz in his hand as he received the notification from Kyle. The notification SOUND on the other hand was an impish snickering, like that of a Gastly. A string of numbers and letters. Charming. It was like a dog walked across the keyboard, but it'd suffice. Giona looked back up at Kyle. His eyes widened, at the prospect of getting a group together to battle again. He struck out the first time, but it wasn't always going to be like that.

"Hell yeah, dude. I'm down for whatever. Even outside of the tournament. If you're down to clown after the festival shuts down, you can find me in Mauville."

The waves rolled in. Giona raised a hand to adjust his necktie. His slacks had seams in the middle of the thighs, as if they were ironed recently. He then glanced off to the side, thinking and choosing his words carefully. He then lit up the phone again, and started typing.

"We had a four-way thing on the beach with two other guys," He paused. "But I don't get to tag-battle that often. Either way, it'll be cool. We can figure it out when it happens. When we're all there, camped out around another cooler full of drinks. I can hit up Mischa in a minute."

Notes: The battle is effectively over, and Giona is trying to wrangle one of his contacts for another.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs giona h✩t
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 2:43:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"a four-way with two other guys..." he repeats.

a different connotation comes to mind, 's influence starting to infect his thought process. and then the continuation of the sentence clears it up to him, to which he continues with a soft "oh."

the scene he paints finally gets to kyle's head.

"i'll hit up noah then! i kept trying to get him to do one, but gym leader duties always precede casual events like this."

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
kyle vs giona h✩t
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 6:46:00 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona let that pause hang just long enough for him to react to it. He did it on purpose. Slipped in a gay joke of the most innocent sort... Not that there was anything wrong with that. If there was, he wouldn't have joined Team Rocket. Wouldn't have set up camp in a submarine filled with sweaty guys like sardines in a tin.

"On second thought........... Rents went up in my part of Mauville again. I'll send you my new address when I get done moving to Rustboro."

The waves rolled in. Giona raised a hand to adjust his necktie. His slacks had seams in the middle of the thighs, as if they were ironed recently. He then glanced off to the side, thinking and choosing his words carefully. He then lit up the phone again, and started typing.

"That's a really interesting coincidence." He paused. "I was actually in the middle of filing paperwork to open a gym of my own. Then the tournament started."

Notes: The battle is effectively over, and Giona is just talking things out.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs giona h✩t
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 4:19:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"man, i would jump on the chance to suck up to you and get first dibs for a challenge." kyle sighs. "i got my own projects so i can't."

he'd always had duties, but most of the time, he'd always had a chance to act incompetent so it an be pushed to someone else. his new position doesn't allow this though.

"expect me to visit some time though! i'll even expedite the process for you if you're willing!"

more gym leaders meant less work for him in the long run with the division of labor during regional crises after all.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
kyle vs giona h✩t
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 5:29:17 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

They all had duties. Duties they neglected to go to this glorified cookout. Nonetheless, Kyle made him weirdly hard by suggesting that he expedite the process to get to visit. Seemed like a lot of work, and Giona had to just bluster and keep it cool.

"It means a lot that you'd say that. If you didn't jump the line, you'd be number twelve."

The waves rolled in. Being a gym leader meant dealing with regional crises? This could pose a... conflict of interest. He got in at first just because it was a teaching job with a low barrier to entry. Maybe he'd fall out of it like Rustboro's last.

"Either way, we're both busy." He paused. "But if you're ever in the area, I'll try my best to make time for you."

Notes: The battle is effectively over, and Giona is just talking things out.
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay
">