1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
burning bridges
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 8:33:28 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
bo looked up towards the building. seconds seemed like hours. “CIAN!” his voice was angry, as though he were making demands to arceus themself.

his heart stopped, until his brother came sprinting out. always on the run. nothing could stop him.

it wasn’t until he saw him that bo finally looked around for the swampert and the boy. he was covered in soot, and had sustained some cuts burns, but was otherwise alright, mostly.

bo hardly had words for cian. he withdrew the kabuto, crossed his arm and looked at the kid. ”you okay?”

’y-yeah… i need to call my mom.’

”bet your mom’s probably already on her way, kiddo.” nonetheless, he reached for a phone in his pocket. its durable case had kept it safe. he handed it over to the boy, who walked off a few steps with it.

bo turned his attention to cian, and his arm fell less self-consciously. he assessed the deep bite mark, blood flowing down from it. more blood soaked through the leg of his pants, clearly much worse.

”i told you to go home.”

he shook his head, knowing what would have happened had cian not led him to the front door.

”thanks.”

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
burning bridges
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 13:41:58 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]the SANDSTORM around them finally starts to die down, reducing to nothing more than a dirty breeze by the time cian hits the ground. he settles against the warm concrete, legs stretching out as he tries to catch his breath.

"you'd be dead if i listened."

he coughs, spitting soot.

"yeah you fucking owe me."

his tips backwards, falling to lay on his back. he props one arm underneath his head and the other on his chest. he coughs again, groaning.

"scale of one to ten, how fucked is your leg?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
burning bridges
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 6:57:29 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo finally fully assessed himself. Adrenaline had taken the pain away. There was no scale. There was only the pure bliss of survival.

His nostrils flared as he struggled for strength.

He nodded. Again, not arguing.

“Yeah, yeah.”

The boy handed back his phone. He looked up, briefly, down the road. People were running. He had still not reached the top inch of his spine. His body hurt. His breath was ragged.

“Stitches. I’ll be fine.”

Gold eyes hung for a moment. Not long enough to look. Not long enough to understand.

“Fuck you, by the way. I’m supposed to die first.”

Still hunched, he reached for dirt at his side and tossed it over at his brother, onto soot and debris. 

Go home, Cian. He shook his head, in a way that tried to put his foot in the ground. “You can't be here.”

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
burning bridges
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 17:04:32 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]when his own adrenaline starts to die down, he spares a glance down the road, then back up it only to see people running. he tenses, logic telling him to just stay the fuck down and let the pros handle it.

but where are they?

one's injured right next to him.

"you will if you keep this up. and fuck you, too."

groaning, he pushes off the ground, forcing himself to stand up. he takes a step, doesn't stumble, and scoffs.

he points.

"you want me to just go home while they're screaming for help, bo?"

faint cries can be heard past the frenzy of fleeing people, located a few buildings down. from its pitch, they sound like a woman, age unknown.

"say yes, send them to their fucking deaths, and i'll turn around and go home right now."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
burning bridges
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 14:22:16 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
bo shook his head. he’d been minding his business, doing as told until cian had ran out of nowhere, straight for flames.

he looked down at his leg briefly, not wanting to pull at the sticking pant leg. he gave a growling sigh from his chest, through pain and the frustration of their situation. shut his eyes a moment.

“if you really want to stay and help, cian… good.” winced with a step. ”no. i’m not gonna stop you.”

”take my team. just help from a distance.” his pleading eyes tried to hold cian’s more severely a moment. ”don’t go running into burning buildings.”

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
burning bridges
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 9:43:23 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"i'll try my best not to."

but he knows himself well enough to not make false promises. he has never been able to sit still, after all.

always active,

always running.

hasty steps carry him across the distance, slipping through fleeing crowds before arriving at where a few others have gathered. to his surprise, none of them have any pokemon.

who the fuck doesn't have pokemon in 2021?

"tch."

bo's words echo in his head, reminding him to stand his ground.

he swaps his pokemon out, calling out his gliscor, gabite, and probopass. he reaches a hand, snatches one of probopass' small units, then hands it over to gabite.

"go in, find them, and give this to them."

gabite and gliscor charge in, starting their search and rescue mission.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
burning bridges
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 11:41:29 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
gold eyes watched him run off until he disappeared into the crowd--all running in the opposite direction. he shook his head when he had finally disappeared, and looked back to find the little boy's mother running towards them. she was screaming frantically, crying; the works. bo gave a sympathetic smile at their reunion from a distance.

finally, he reached for a radio, pressed a button, and it scratched.

"this is maher. i need someone to take me to the fuckin' hospital, please. i'm at the corner of sablenite and lancat."

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
burning bridges
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 6:56:11 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]restless in the way he paces back and forth, cian debates running into the building multiple times. perhaps he'd be faster than his pokemon. perhaps he'd have found the screaming person by now. but commitments and responsibilities keep him rooted in place, unable to do anything but simply watch as flames envelop the building.

finally, gliscor bursts out the window and it's all the signal cian needs.

"now."

probopass floats forward, activating its MAGNET PULL, and guides its triangular unit out the window, through the flames with a woman struggling to hold on. her fingers slip and when she inevitably slides off, cian's already there to catch her.

"fuck — you're okay."

one down, many to go.

[attr="class","noodles"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,923 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
burning bridges
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 2:13:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
&