3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Summertime Smores'
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 18:40:49 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
It is difficult. She misses them terrible. They grew up close, a tight knit family with love as the core value. She left them, abandoned them. Sure, it was for their safety but the feeling of betrayal they must have felt made her heart break. None of them like her decision to join the war, but they were proud, nonetheless. She offer Onyx a thankful smile, it’s comforting knowing she isn’t the only one that gave up on family.

“Yeah, we’re tough folk,” she agrees with a grin. They certainly were proof of that. Eva takes the poker he offers and sticks two marshmallows on, “Well, when I had to flee Kanto, this is just where I kinda wound up. Thought I could regroup, recruit more people for the resistance, build strength, then go back but . . “ her words trail off as she lower the marshmallows over the flames, “Then they showed up here so, I stayed. I joined the League, went back into the army, became a Head Professor,” she feels like she abandoned Kanto in a way for Hoenn, “I couldn’t let the same thing happen here. I’m hoping dealing with them here will help me take back our home, drive them out,” it’s the unrealistic wish of a hopeful dreamer.

@onyx

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Summertime Smores'
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 12:58:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar

He admires her smile, giving a subtle nod as if to say your welcome. Not that he needed thanks for comforting a friend. Her struggle is one that he knows well. The gut-wrenching feeling of missing what you want but can't have is crushing. It's a sensation that nips at your heart like the howling winds of a blizzard.

Following her lead, he grabs two marshmallows of his own and sticks them on the poker. Of all the talents he'd acquired over the years, none proved more vital than the ability to listen. A shoulder to cry on, an ear for the weary - you'd be surprised how far something so simple can go. Though there are questions aplenty as Eva tells her story, not a word leaves his lips.

Marshmallows roasting over the fire, he listens, and he absorbs. His face a tight mixture of emotions. Kanto's fall and all the things he'd lost fighting until he couldn't anymore are fresh wounds. Despite the passage of time, they always would be.

"I understand how you feel." violet eyes are locked on the fire. Its gentle glow casts his face in an eerie light that sways with the flame. His grip on the poker is so tight his knuckles turn white. Slowly, they relax as he turns his head to face her.

Gone is all the anger, replaced by the warm, reassuring smile he wore during his gym challenge.

"We'll beat em, I promise Professor Eva."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Summertime Smores'
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 21:01:44 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
It would always be fresh wounds, she understood that. It is the same for her. Each reminder is bitter and stings as if it happened yesterday. Her heart hurts, her soul burns, and nothing has been able to settle the restlessness she feels.

Onyx gets it, she can see it in the tight pull of the same plethora of emotions in his face. Even behind the shadows of the fire, she recognizes it. Eva knows so she doesn’t pry, there’s no need to. There’s a silent understanding as the story fades and the quiet crackle of the fire is broken with his words and warm, familiar smile.

Eva grins, shaking her head with a slight roll of her emerald eyes, “Please, Onyx, just Eva,” she knows he is teasing, but she feels the need to clarify. Eva looks back towards her marshmallows that are slowly turning more golden. She continuously rotates them to keep the color even.

“So, Onyx, what’ve you been up to lately?” Since the war, she means. She's well aware of his Gym Challenge adventures. The people of Pallet Town followed their hometown hero’s progress closely. She had a huge crush on him like every other girl in the town. Once she headed off to school, though, she lost track of his progress. Other things took priority at that point and then the war started, and it consumed her.

A gentle rustle of the leaves and crack of branches brought Blade and her Beedrill into sight. The quietly settled around the fire, Beedrill a bit further than Blade. Naturally, the bug-type has a natural aversion to fire.

@onyx

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Summertime Smores'
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 17:00:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Okay, just Eva."

"Hmm." another difficult question to answer. So much of what he'd been doing the last few years is classified. "Fighting." that's the best way to describe it. "Defeat's always left a bitter taste in my mouth." an understatement. "I followed Rocket to Johto. Gave everything that I had and then some to make sure they didn't take it." and they'd won, but the victory felt hollow.

There's tension in his muscles as the Gallade and Beedrill arrived. He doubted Eva would be able to tell. Onyx hide it well behind a practiced mask. He pulled his marshmallows out from the fire to slided them between two graham crackers and a piece of chocolate. The perfect, gooey treat for a night by the campfire.

"That's about it, really." crunch and chew. The s'more is delicious, exactly what he needed after a long day. "Not as interesting as making Professor, but hey, we can't all be quite as riveting as you." Onyx chuckled, flashing her a wink and a smile.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Summertime Smores'
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 2:24:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@onyx