awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
Not a delivery girl, but…
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 16:18:34 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Who would have guessed that her first, glorious mission in the name of Rocket, her first contribution to that grand revolution that guy had been talking about….would be a glorified errand. Only it wasn’t really glorified. Just an errand. For something that she didn’t even know what it was. But hey, it had been on the way. Most likely, Glitch had put something on this drive that she was supposed to bring over along with a closed and sealed envelope containing something that felt like a small rod. Likely some data he stole. She didn’t know, she didn’t care. Though she had her Guardevoir try to get a read on the rod. Just to check if it wasn’t radio active or anything.

One never knew. New hires usually got the worst jobs. But she had to admit that this did help her to get acquainted with the labs, at least somewhat. She’d had to ask someone at the entrance for directions – this HQ was way bigger than she’d anticipated, given the whole resistance talk from her introductory meeting – but she had at least found it. And it looked impressive. She didn’t get any of the things being researched here, but they sure looked interesting. Even now, as she entered the lab in question, she allowed her eyes to wander and wonder. Both to find a person she could drop off the contents of her purse with, and to see what was going on with those screens and holograms.
It certainly was interesting. Plus, she did not have to wear a uniform, handling identification in a more tech-savvy way. So, she was in good spirits. Though, admittedly, she probably did look a little like she was snooping around.

She and her green Rattata.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 12:25:21 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
On top of ’s Rotom, lately they’d had to deal with ’s Rattata infestation. A purposeful one, presumably meant to target her on a personal level—or at least, it felt like it at times.

The head scientist came out of an office, ever-present clipboard in hand. It was the only one around. Everyone else used tablets, or things of the like. A shortened pencil tapped in her hand, and she nearly passed before catching the rodent in her peripheral sight.

Her glare shot distastefully, but then as she rounded the corner further, saw that it accompanied someone else. It was a face she hadn’t seen before, but she’d not met a long of people—especially since Darkrai’s blessing, and the ability to travel the submarine undetected, and thus uninterrupted.

Noticing something in the woman’s hand, she approached.

“Got something for us?”

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 12:59:34 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Oh, hey, that person looked important. And attractive. According to Glitch’s introduction to Rocket, those two things were apparently often linked in the organisation. Vio could certainly see that much, and she definitely didn’t mind. While some might call it shallow, she liked being pretty and being around pretty people, rather than creepy and revolting ones. It was just her opinion, of course, but it had colored her choice too. Sure, the league had beautiful people too, but the ones of them she’d known had been massive jerks and hypocrites in the end.

This one, despite looking at her Rattata annoyingly, did seem more genuine. Plus, Vio kind of understood. She’d never liked the species too much. But ever since hatching this oddly coloured one, she’d grown fond of it. It was special and it was hers. Hence, she liked it. For now, the little one, having noticed some hostility from the scientist, hid behind Vio’s legs.
Undeterred by that, the girl herself gave the other a smile. “Oh? Yes. Well, it depends on whether or not I am in the right lab. I have this – “ she pulled out the flash-drive and the odd rod in its bag – “From an operative, though I am not exactly sure what it is. Just that it is useful for Rocket, supposedly. Are you the boss around here?” That woman certainly looked like it. She’d had a commanding air about herself, an innate authority. Most likely, she was at least a head scientist of this lab.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 10:52:16 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu noted the way the Rattata slipped behind its trainer’s legs, and made a point to soften her gaze a little more. She hadn’t meant to cast a glare, but it rested on her face sometimes without her knowledge.

She looked at the two items and then back up to the girl. “I’m a head scientist, yes.”

The flash drive caught her attention, and she nodded towards it curiously. “What’s on that?”

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 17:47:59 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Not bad, head scientist at this age, that was probably pretty good. At least she presumed so. After all, in science, the old ones were usually the leading ones. So, this one had to be pretty good at what she did. Plus, she was crumpling her nose at the Rattata a bit less. That was always a good sign too.

Though that did not mean that Vio would mince her words. “Electronic data, I presume,” she hence replied. It was probably a correct answer, but she knew that it was useless. Then again, she didn’t know more, so it was also the only reply she could truly give here. “I think Glitch put it on there, though I wasn’t told what was on it. And since I joined like…a few days ago, I figured that I really should not take a peek at it.” There was a smile accompanying these words. If she could give a more useful answer, she’d honestly give it.
“Though I probably would not understand much of it either way. If you are a head scientist, I am a toe scientist at best.”
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 7:20:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Electronic data.

“Alright.”

Lulu pressed her lips together and gave a curt nod, unsure if perhaps she was being messed with. The toe scientist thing hit her squarely, then. A snort of laughter came, caught off-guard.

“That’s funny.”

She cleared her throat again and then reached, palm up, to beckon for the goods. “Fair enough. Always best to mind your own business around here—at least, when it comes to this sort of thing.”

“How’s the submarine been treating you?”

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 20:49:53 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Heh. Made her laugh already. Good. That meant that this wasn’t just some stuck-up woman that was high on her own authority. Laughing like this – almost involuntarily at that – did a lot to humanize this person to Vio, who swiftly eased her guard a bit. “Well, I do try to entertain. Plus, you do have a rather pleasant laugh,” she replied, briefly winking, but she would hand over the goods all the same. Hopefully, this woman would be able to make something of them. Vio sure couldn’t.

“As for the submarine, I still feel a little bit strange being here. Though I find myself forgetting that I actually am in a metal tube and would die very easily if it broke, which I could not ever prevent,” she ultimately replied, pondering. Submarines were weird. But right then, she preferred them over normal ships, at the very least. “You’ve been on it for long, I presume?”
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 2:34:07 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu’s face fell a bit at the compliment. Ok, too much; reel it in. A ‘pleasant laugh’. What on earth did her laugh even sound like? She’d never thought about it. Was it stupid?

She found the wink very difficult to read. That wasn’t Vio’s fault; Lulu sorely lacked in people skills. She took the bag and the drive in both hands, respectively, happy to have something to do with them. Her ears felt hot from the smallest blush.

At Vio’s summary of their surrounding hazards, Lulu only nodded with pressed lips. She thought again of the incident with , and of her brother ’s fears of drowning. She didn't share the same fears. Arceus bestowed on them so much bullshit, that death seemed like a blessing too far off to even hope for.

“Not long, no. Not even a year yet, actually.” She twiddled a thumb across the contents of the bag she'd been handed. “I’m not here all the time, of course. More lately, though…”

“You?”

Not typically caught up in small talk, Lulu found herself in a strange position thanks to her inability to navigate unexpected flirtation--if that's what it even was.

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 19:29:03 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Heh. That was an unusual reaction. For someone this pretty, this woman certainly reacted oddly to compliments. That probably meant she was not too apt with other people – especially since she was a scientist. It did kind of scream nerd, but Vio only played the cheerleader. She did like the tall athletic types, sure, but she’d never had issues with nerds by default.

And certainly not when they were kind of cute in the basic sense. “Oh, I am a total newbie. I joined Rocket less than a month ago. This is essentially my first proper task given. Well, I did wreck a car for cash, but that didn’t really feel like something exclusively Rocket to do,” she noted, chuckling, while holding her hands behind her back, assuming a friendly, but proper stance.
“I wouldn’t have pegged you for being somewhat new to your post though. You do excise a certain aura of authority, which is pretty good.” It wasn’t just an empty compliment, either. Vio certainly got that feeling, the more time she spent in Lulu’s company.

“I do hope to make myself useful though, so if I can help you in any way, feel free to tell me. I am never going to make head scientist of anything, but I can grasp things pretty well. And most of what I’ve seen here looks pretty amazing.” She didn’t necessarily restrict that to science projects, just to tease that woman a little more.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 2:41:44 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She wondered what info was on the hard-drive. It was amazing what they’d entrust someone so new with, really. Then again, Rocket had its way of intimidating people into doing their job correctly and with all loyalty.

After having recovered from Vio’s compliments, Lulu straightened more and nodded. “Yes, well. I am how I must be.”

Lulu was surprised at the offer of assistance. She shifted weight on her hip, considering. “Hm. Do you have an education? Skillset?” A finger tapped around the bag more, and her head tilted to the right. “Interests?”

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 17:25:26 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
“Interests, eh?” Her reply came with a smirk. The woman had spaced it out, so she did as well. There were quite a few ways to interpret that, after all. But she left it at that. Putting it on too thick would both be too much and make her look very unprofessional. Instead, she tried the number one thing in team Rocket – honesty. It wasn’t going to impress the other. But she knew that trying to overplay her skills and knowledge with an actual expert would lead nowhere. Every good con-girl knew.

“I grew up with Rangers, so I have a general education and a lot of outdoorsy nature. Ran away from home, so no university or the like. Taught myself a lot of stuff after though. Basically travelled around pretending to be a rich and educated girl, so I learned just enough to hold conversations and the like. I’m quick grasping concepts and the like, but not so great with details. I also can listen and nod at appropriate times, so I part-time as a sounding board.” She chuckled a little at the joke, naturally. But she truly was best for others to sound ideas off of.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 3:34:04 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Part-timed as a sounding board?

Lulu stared carefully for a moment, not entirely sure how to process.

Then, with a tired sigh, she gave to the flow of her stream of consciousness. “That’s alright, you know. I actually prefer those I work with who don’t have one, ‘legitimately’. The rest can shove those papers up their asses for all I care.”

“That sounds smart, though. Alright. But doesn’t really cover your interests, does it?” She paused, and then gestured to the expanse of their quarters with wrists, new materials still in-hand. There were many labs, and many routes of study. “Surely, you’re curious about something, if you’re asking for work here. Don’t hide it from me.”

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 17:18:43 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar

Heh. That probably went straight over the other’s head. Nice. Somehow, she felt an immense satisfaction for getting that in. Especially since this woman seemed so much more intelligent and, dare she say it, mature than she herself did. Kind of petty for sure, but that was Vio in a nutshell. Pleasant but petty. If she wasn’t, she’d probably not be here in Rocket, after all.

Though she did have to smirk briefly when the other’s intelligence did allow her a comeback of sorts at least. “Heh. And here I thought I was being sneaky. Ah, well, since you obviously refer to subjects of study in that regard, I guess I would say that I like trinkets with actual applications. Like, not some grandiose global theories about the weather or what not. But I like things like Pokeballs, or Holograms. Miniaturization is pretty amazing, and so is digitization. Unlike mostly academic stuff, you can actually do something with those applications, too. If I had to make it short and snappy, I guess my interest would be more in technology than science, if that makes any sense.” She tapped her lips, briefly thinking, but then just nodded to herself, quite clearly content with her answer.

“Though, since you brought it up, does that mean you don’t have that kind of ‘legitimate’ education, either?”

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 19:09:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Technology was Lulu’s specialty, so, naturally, Violet’s interests perked her ears. If it made any sense? “Yes, I think so…”

She followed the woman thoughts, where they ended with a surprisingly perceptive question. Her jaw tilted a little.

“Not quite.” She admitted. “I don’t think it’s necessary. But, if someone has a degree, it helps me to know what they’ve already invested time in.” So, in the end, looking at it from the top, they were at least a little helpful. There were pros and cons, though. For one, it was difficult to reteach things.

“What did you say your name was, again?”

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 21:39:45 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Ah, wonderful. The woman seemed to understand. Vio had been right about her so far, which was pretty neat. Really, one of the good things about being in Rocket that she had found from her brief time here was just how quick people were on the uptake and how accepting they were to off-beat notions. Certainly a lot better than the rangers she’d had the displeasure of meeting whenever dad brought someone from work. Stuck up jerks, the lot of them.

But this lady was pretty cool. And, despite having some vulnerabilities to abuse, she seemed rather mature. Someone to look up to, but who wasn’t exactly too domineering for her. Nice. Vio just smiled. “My parents gave me a horribly bland and boring name, so I decided to instead be Violet Fairbanks. Just Violet or Vio is fine. But don’t use Vi. The last person who did that ended up becoming the only person on this world that I actually kind of hate. So it would not be….conducive to a working relationship.” Tilting her head, she added a more genuine grin to these words. This was just to ensure they’d be off to a good start, really.