awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 16:35:56 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

It didn’t take them too long to arrive in Lilycove.

How strange they must’ve looked—a silver Metagross and a Salamence flying above the city skyline, searching for something.

It wasn’t until the Metagross came down for a landing—trailed by a scent of sweet vanilla coming from the e-cigarette that its rider was currently puffing on—did Lars see where they’d ended up.

“You wanted the best bar in Lilycove. Here it is. I’d have taken you over to Rustboro, but well, the one place I frequently drink at over there is currently…closed. Bartender’s gone away somewhere.”

And I don’t know when he’s coming back, or if he’s even coming back at all, for that matter… he added to himself in the back of his head.

While the outside of said bar looked unassuming (most people would just pass it by due to how plain it looked outside) the interiors were literally the opposite.

And the alcohol available was just as expensive to boot.

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 16:54:30 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
     Claude jumped off from his Salamence and pet its head before returning it to its Poke Ball. He walked up to his brother and observed the bar they were about to walk into. ”I can buy this entire place if I want to,” he scoffed.

Claude didn’t listen much about the Rustboro thing, it didn’t bother him. So he just walked into the bar.

He went over to sit at the counter and said to the bartender, ”Give me the best you have.”. The bartender immediately went to work on it. Claude liked that. No bullshits, just results.

He was still wearing his sunglasses. He didn’t want to reveal how hard he had been crying over the past few days. He didn’t want people to know how vulnerable and weak he can become.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 17:04:57 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Once the Metagross had been recalled and they’d made their way inside, he was not surprised to see the other go straight for the bar and asked for the most expensive thing they had on the menu.

Lars idly wondered how much was in Claude’s bank account—or at least, whatever number of credit cards he had on him. The place was no joke when it came to laying the smack down with the most expensive alcohol this side of the region.

“Are you serious,” was his first comment—mostly to poke at the idea of his younger brother buying out an entire bar.

Taking the other free spot at the bar, he considered what he would take for the evening… and then settled on something that he’d been secretly dying to try for the longest time.

“Get me the best whisky you have.”

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 17:25:18 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    ”Ugh when am I ever serious. Oh wait you wouldn’t know because you weren’t there for most of my life.” he replied casually.

The bartender placed a glass of alcoholic beverage in front of Mason with a wide grin, “This is my own concoction, I add-“ before the poor man could finish Claude already had some of the drink down his throat. He slammed the glass down on the counter. His lips smacked as he ruminated. Claude looked up at the bartender, ”Tastes great, keep up the good work,” he then smiled before chugging down the drink once again. 

When Claude heard what his brother ordered he snickered, ”Are you serious,”.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 17:31:46 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Are you serious, you didn’t even let the man finish!” he exclaimed as the poor bartender was cut off mid-explanation when Claude had just gone and grabbed the glass before downing it in one go.

“Geez, sorry about that,” he apologized on behalf of the other. “He just… really needs a drink.”

Once the bartender had hustled away—he then gave Claude a rather pointed eye roll.

“Shush,” he drawled a few moments afterward. “They’ve got this forty year-old brew and it’s been there for a while, nobody’s cracked it open. I wanted to be the first to try it.”

He then gestured to the Balvenie with a slight tilt of his head.

“Apparently it came from the Galarian Highlands. We’ll see how it holds up to what you downed just now.”

After a few moments—

“By the way, what the fuck did you order?”

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 17:49:15 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
      Claude wasn’t bothered by his brother’s scolding. Why would he be? He was there for a drink, not for someone to explain to him what the contents of a drink is. 

Though the thing that Lars said afterwards about the Galarian Highlands thing caught his attention. He was for sure going to ask for some later on. 

He laughed amusingly when he was asked what he was drinking. Through his sunglasses, he looked straight at his brother, ”Does it fucking matter?”. A laughter then broke out from him once again. 

He took another gulp of the drink before asking Lars, ”So where the fuck have you been?”

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 17:57:13 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You could at least let the bartender finish before downing the next one!” he exclaimed as his own glass of a straight whisky was slid his way.

“Damn, this shit smells real nice.”

Swirling the glass around for a few moments, he pondered on how to best answer his younger brother’s question.

“I could ask you the same, however I’ll humor you first. I went to Alto Mare. Johto, if you need a general location of where it is,” he began, taking a drink after he had finished speaking.

“I was able to find Mom’s relatives there—stayed with them for a while. They kept asking me about you, about Léanne… and about her.”

He wondered what else he would be asked after that.

“What about you? Didn’t I tell you two to keep safe and not get in… in the way of his anger?”

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 18:35:00 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    Again, Claude wasn’t bothered by the scolding. At all. ”Hey gimme some more!” he said towards the bartender. The bartender went on to fix a drink for him but he was muttering something like ‘bastard’, ‘unappreciative’, ‘why I deserve better pay’.

Despite his goofy demeanour, Claude listened tentatively to what Lars said. Without looking directly in his eyes of course. When Leanne was mentioned, Claude immediately chugged down the whole, less fancier, drink the bartender just placed down. “Come on man!” the bartender exclaimed with a sad look. ”More please,”. The bartender sighed and went to pick one of the alcoholic bottles and uncorked it, pouring the contents in a smaller glass. ”Thank you.” Mason said with a smile. Then continued to chug down the whole content as well. The bartender seemed to have suspected this as he poured more into the glass. 

”Well for starters, that old geezer left us. Second of all, I already invited,” he paused for a while, unable to say his sister’s name. ”her,” he said instead. ”but she didn’t want to come with me to Unova. Oh yeah I went to Unova. My only job was to pose. he laughed at the word, ”Can you believe that? I can’t imagine how easy it actually is to make some cash,”.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 18:43:19 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You know how grandparents can get when they start nagging.”

The fancy glass was swirled again, before he knocked down the rest of the contents in one go.

At the mention of Unova, he took a few seconds to turn his way and give him a ‘what the fuck’ look.

“That’s—you went twice as far as I did, then,” he said with a chuckle.

“Wait—she didn’t go with you? Why not?” he added as he knocked exactly once on the bar counter, and the glass was taken to be refilled.

At the mention of ‘posing’, his eyebrows went up.

“I swear, if you posed for some nudist gallery, I’m not going to let you live this down,” he continued with a snort. At the mention of making money, he outright laughed.

“How easy did you have it when you were in Unova? And what exactly did you ‘pose’ for,” he followed up, doing the ‘air quote’ gesture at a certain word before his refilled glass was slid back his way.

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 19:13:26 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    Claude couldn’t help but grin when Lars gave him that look. He accept and liked any signs and forms of amazements and attention, the things that he lacked when he was much younger. When his brother asked him that, he replied sarcastically, ”Oh the eighth wonder of the world!”. He then lift his glass to signal the bartender that he wanted another refill.

”HAHA! I Wish!” he laughed with a remark when Lars mentioned a nudist gallery. ”Oh I had it very easy. Your dearest father gave me TONS of money. I’d even be fine if I didn’t work.” he stopped for a while to chug the newly refilled glass, then motioned towards the bartender that he wanted more. ”I modelled for many kinds of fashion magazines. They’d dress me up and told me to pose, and so I did, naturally, I was good at it. And UGH the amount of clothes they would give me.”. An idea then came to him. He turned to look at his brother, ”Hey do you need any clothes?”.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 19:54:46 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The way Claude had said ‘your’ instead of ‘our’ had ticked him off.

Once the glass was resting against the back side of his wrist, he didn’t give it so much as a pre-emptive swirl before grabbing it and downing it in one go.

“How is he only my father if we were born from the same man,” he growled as the empty glass was slammed down on the wooden bar with more force than he’d intended. “Don’t be a hypocrite.”

Another casual knock, and the glass was taken away to be refilled once more.

“Well, unlike you, I went to Alto Mare, with what little money I had on me.”

At the mention of the money, his eyes widened in alarm as he remembered something—

“Claude,” he hissed as he looked at his younger brother, “…do you have any idea where that money came from?!” he added in a harsh whisper.

Lars had his own suspicions about—a few things. However, he wasn’t sure if his younger brother was going to listen to him, or his explanation.

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 20:20:55 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    Claude broke into a laughters when he witnessed his brother’s anger at the mockery he had hinted before. ”I’m just pulling your leg brother. Don’t be so tense,” he clarified before winding the alcoholic liquid down his throat. 

The younger man wasn’t happy when his taunt didn’t get to his brother. He rolled his eyes at the question, ”Ugh I don’t care Lars. I literally do not care. Look at my face,” he instructed as he turned to face Lars. ”Now tell me how many fucks do I give about anything.”.

Before Lars have the chance to even answer the question, Claude retorted back to sit properly and said, ”Correct. It’s zero fucks. Zero fucks given.”. Then he chugged down whatever was left in his glass. ”Refilllll!”.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 21:06:18 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He was going to have to climb a mountain, if Claude was being this stubborn.

Sighing, he knew he had a long way to go before he could convince his younger brother of his suspicions. Plus, he needed more concrete evidence.

The problem was that the biggest piece of evidence was nowhere to be found.

“You may say that now, fratello,” he began as he was slid another glass of whisky. “You may say it now, but someday…”

He lapsed into silence as he swirled the glass again and took another drink.

Someday, you’ll understand… he thought to himself, not saying the rest of the sentence out loud.

Once his glass was emptied out again, another knock, the glass taken away for yet another refill.

“Why didn’t she want to go with you? You never answered that question.”

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 10:22:10 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    Claude really hated it when Lars brought up the topic of Leanne again. He didn’t want to think about her at all. The reason he wanted to drink was to forget about her. But no, he had to ask.

Rationality went out the window, buried emotions seeped away, a drunkard’s tongue couldn’t help but to speak for the heart. The man lashed at his brother. ”I don’t fucking know Lars! Did Dad tell us why he left me and Leanne? Did YOU tell us why you left me and Leanne? Did mom ever told any of us why she was missing for so many times and oh! How fucking shocking it was that she decided to disappear FOREVER. You’re all the same!”.

He chugged down the whole content of the newly refilled glass. ”Leanne was the only one there for me.”. He said suddenly. His mind was foggy, he couldn’t think straight. Without realising it, a tear fell down from behind his sunglasses, down his cheek.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 16:20:30 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Throughout the first part of his tirade, Lars kept a straight face.

The second sentence hit him a little too hard to be comfortable, though.

He continued to watch, to listen as Claude literally lay most of the cards on the table, so to speak, before the pent-up anger had flared out and he’d finally calmed down.

Downing his own drink, he knew that the explanation was inevitable. Signaling for another drink, the glass was taken away to be refilled before he gathered his thoughts.

Before the quiet could get really awkward, he spoke up.

“I still don’t know what he’s thinking about. I’m no mind-reader,” he began. He knew this was really dangerous territory he was treading into right now. He knew that bringing up his suspicions, without a shred of fact or evidence, would be a bad idea.

“When’d he leave?” he asked once he felt the familiar coolness of the glass returned to him, settled on the back of his hand.