saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
on the nights I catch you standing, are you waiting for me?
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
gifts of your giving [c/inv]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2019 17:40:15 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar
"the loss of slateport was, by all metrics, an incredibly powerful blow. we've lost shipping access, one of the strongest sources of revenue in the region, and our primary base of operations in hoenn," lillian speaks plainly, a manila folder with all the relevant reports informing her opinion sitting neatly in her lap (her hands folded delicately on top of it).

while her words themselves seem to nod towards dark things on the horizon -- the death by comfort she'd predicted weeks ago -- her affect is unaffected. her back is straight and her voice just as cold and removed as always. this is potential disaster but neither a potential nor disaster especially shocking or foreign.

the war in kanto went similarly and not without the help of she and the man she spoke to now. so when she looks at fernando it isn't with panicked or worried eyes, but curious ones asking silent questions.

what's our next play?

how do you suppose we maneuver this?

"i foresee significant drops in outside support following this. investors from other regions are going to be scared, especially after what happened the last time rocket mounted an assault on a region," she's sure he's got something up his sleeve; and so she continues to feed him the facts with hopes that they'll work like fertilizer for whatever ideas he's planted.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2019 4:50:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando knows this. he knows everything lillian is about to debrief to him but he allows her. this is her role - to ensure that there is no smudge upon his perfect record. he must know and to do so requires extensive effort. it's not something he can do alone. in that regard, lillian is invaluable. she is his left and right hand.

"slateport had been unexpected but will prove beneficial in the long run."

he pauses, looking out the window, watching as numerous employees scramble to resettle into the new building. they'll have to make due with lilycove's older complexes. the transition has been a hectic one but one that is welcomed as opposed to the alternative. better to be panicked and frantic in the move then dead. that's always the grim alternative and what keeps the other employees in line.

"it has costed us heavily but our overall situation is not a concern. our position relative to everyone else is. what we lost is pennies compared to what the league suffered. the council will be abolished and my position is all but assured. i will gladly offer slateport all over again to expedite the process of acquiring hoenn."

his hands are held behind his figure, poised to the rising chest that looks upon the others with a smug grin.

"this will do, lillian. this will do."

his gloating is kept at a minimum. he only allows himself a moment of basking before turning back to her.

"i disagree. investors from other regions will be scared but fortune favors the bold. once i take my seat i suspect others will soon follow." the foresight to predict @goldie2 is a shrewd one. how much it will help him is up for debate. "silph co. will have to be restructured. a faction of hoenn disagrees with the thought of giving one person so much power. a conflict of interest if you will. i trust you're up for the job?"

close tab

played by

sunshine

lily
she/her
twenty-five
december 25
saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2019 17:30:28 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar
the long game. that was fernando's specialty; it always had been. lillian had tried to pick up his way of thinking, and in several ways had succeeded, but her eyes simply lacked the telescopic range of her partner's. that being said, most of what he has to say is of no surprise to lillian.

their ultimate plans require great influence in the region and there is no place of greater influence than the council. maybe the presidency. it is then only natural that fernando would seize upon a chance to claim a seat. his plans make sense, and with no input to offer lillian simply nods and blinks silently in response to them.

he boasts and she lets him. he's earned it. under his leadership they entered the region at a ripe moment, through his machinations he's built a strong base of support in the region, and now he's chosen the most opportune moment to strike. it's a stroke of brilliance (like all he does) and he deserves to revel in it. it's only when he turns the subject back to her that she cuts in. sits up a bit straighter in her wheelchair before speaking.

"me?" her voice is steady but her brows push in towards one another in a small display of confusion, "i . . . i am honored by the offer, but this is a great leap forward in the plan. i wouldn't want to leave you alone in your ascent to the council."

when she speaks there is reason in her words but underneath them a shameful sentiment. the company leadership and the council are both great responsibilities that demand much of their occupants. and if the issue is a conflict of interest it feels unlikely their responsibilities will intersect as often as they do now.

sinfully, she finds herself doubting the confidence in his voice. surely her place is at his side. her leg aches as if in answer.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2019 7:43:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
the push back is expected but fernando attributes it to her lack of confidence. just because they know each other to the point of predictability doesn't mean they truly understand one another. below the surface, underneath the secrets that neither dare admit, is a misconception that will drive them apart, if only for the sake of duty.

"i'll be honest with you lillian," he pauses, averting his gaze, thinking. "i couldn't do this without you. you have been an integral to this, to me, and there is no one else i trust more then you. i can't do this alone. not at this stage. there is simply too much that needs to be done and you're the only one capable enough to make it happen."

his eyes return, settling on her figure, appreciating how someone so powerful could come in such a dainty package. the grim smile that surfaces betrays his attempt to hide his growing infatuation.

"when the time comes, silph co. will re-emerge with hoenn as its foundation."

close tab

played by

sunshine

lily
she/her
twenty-five
december 25
saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2019 19:35:11 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar
the flattery stings when its purpose is to separate them. hazy memories of a hospital bed, comparisons to the world, and a gentle touch threaten to shake her enough to goad her into fighting. if fernando can't do this alone why not take her with him? the words bubble up her throat but die in her mouth. grit teeth behind tight lips keep them from entering the air.

"understood," her usually impassive tone is turned ever so slightly sour by her jilted feelings, "i've no reason to object if you think it's for the best." careful posture shifts in little ways. the hands in her lap intertwine their fingers and fidget quietly and her eyes flick to look towards the window instead of into fernando's hungry eyes.

"and you'll offer some guidance as to what my first moves should be?" while her body language doesn't correct itself her voice does, the tension in her lips and jaw are gone when she opts to speak again. yet still the way her fingers curl into one another betrays the mixed feelings under the surface. her quiet desperation that this won't be so bad a parting as she's imagined.

"i fear i'll be a bit lost if i'm on my own."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2019 4:14:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
obedience is a godsend. that alone is what makes lillian special, unique. funny how she had been considered nothing more then a pest. like the tools that line his belt, fernando had tamed her, molded her into something greater. now he reaps the fruit of his labor and enjoys the vast harvest that flourishes from the seeds of discord he had planted so long ago.

"but of course."

he regards only her tone as a testament to her will for execution. he won't fault her body language, how she acts out of instinct. emotion are hidden but not invisible. even he can pick up on the slight deviation in her actions. while he misconstrues the root cause, the result is the same; lillian glass will head silph co.

"a general outline of our next quarters projections and objectives has been drafted on your network drive. porygon will grant your personal access to any documents you may need. after we resettle our primary objective will be our pr campaign and establishing ourselves as independent but cohabiting with league operations."

she's roused him into spilling out the road map for the next few months and fernando's more then enthusiastic to lay it out for her.

-------

lillian had been right to fear their separation. while their communication has stayed the same the method of it has been transformed. no longer do they have personal one on ones. they don't even talk. all forms of contact are reserved to e-mails and text messages. they're frequent and opportune but they do little to scratch the itch that comes from one's physical presence.

for the first time in weeks, they're alone, cuddling on a spotless, foam cushion coach that lies as the centerpiece to fernando's bare condo. a large screen projector plays out the news on the blank wall in front of them, going over several instances he had prepared to review with her. unlike the others, those who prefer prim and proper felines to settle onto their lap as a show of wealth, fernando fancies himself something more intimate. the dim lighting of the living room accentuates the fleeting light of the outside sunset.

close tab

played by

sunshine

lily
she/her
twenty-five
december 25
saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2019 0:20:50 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar
they say that "absence makes the heart grow fonder" and in this moment lillian is living proof that it's true. she has been in this exact position (sat in his lap, her skin flush with his) more times than she could ever count and yet their time apart has turned it into a precious thing.

while usually she is content to play up apathy in the name of their game; right now she can't hide her desire for this. for him.

fernando is silent and she finds herself grateful. it allows her to simply soak him and the moment in. leisurely. completely. her legs hang off the edge of his lap and there curl in to brush against him. his familiar scent pulls her tight against his chest, and urges her face to crane upwards and nestle into the nape of his neck.

every breath and sight and sensation she has is him and it's like she's stumbled upon a feast after weeks subsisting on scraps.

she will not tell him that she missed him but in the end she doesn't have to.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2019 7:43:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
the mindless chatter of the news is deafening yet silent. his attention is divided finely between pampering lillian with mindless, repeated caresses against her cheek while his mind remains fixated on the words that drum from the broadcaster on screen. it's a rehash of old news, particular pieces that fernando had missed during his ventures but were important nonetheless.

lillian's respite is one well earned and matched only by his physical desires. yet, he remains engrossed on the next step of his overarching scheme. the sins of the body comes secondary, a vice he abstains from even though they can both tell he's eager to partake. their time is short and he wastes it on the innocent, the tame. matters of the heart are tempered and lasting, a much better resolution to soothing the pain that'll come when the sun rises once more.

for now, he spoils her, at least until the night is painted black and the world goes to sleep. only before bed does he let the demons out and sate an appetite that's unfit for either of them. for a man who has it all, he certainly doesn't act like it. the hunger is carnal and he treats it like his last. only then will the throbbing pain be enough to remind her not to ask for more. it'll last a few days at most but he's okay with that. they'll be more chances. there always are.