255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
nine minutes [ closed ]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 0:11:02 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
the light buzzing irritated him.

the feeling of the sheets on his skin irritated him.

the sound of people coming in and out of his space irritated him.

everything irritated him at the moment.

especially that thing staring at him from the foot of his bed. it stared at him with that strange eye that it had. jello wasn't even the normal color of a meltan. probably because it had formed out of his leg and had ate his blood like a weird little vampire instead of how those things were supposed to form.

at least it wasn't trying to eat him or whatever. he had fed it a spoon and a fork from his lunch tray and now it seemed it was content. more content than he was at least. there was a phantom pain no matter how many painkillers they gave him or what they force fed through the iv in his arm. all of this fucking sucked.

worst of all he could feel himself growing more and more irritated. between getting the amputation finished and the mass amounts of blood loss he hadn't been allowed to take his shots. shots that he needed for keeping himself sane. testosterone. he could feel his terrible mood swings coming back and it hadn't been helped by league professionals accidentally calling him 'miss' while he'd been in there care. he was a fucking gym leader. they should have known better.

so there he lay, staring at his phone with semi-unfocused eyes as he tried to find a new ciel video to watch. or just an old one that would bring some sort of comfort. anything.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
nine minutes [ closed ]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 2:20:50 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin has met Glitch exactly twice.

The second time, he'd been in disguise as Patrick Cavalli and unable to interact with the same level of familiarity and freedom os on the Rocket submarine. Their first meeting had certainly been memorable in comparison, but Glitch remained effectively a stranger in Gavin's eyes.

It doesn't matter. Rocket are Gavin's responsibility, his family, and to hear that one of their own has sustained a life-altering injury during one of the excursions brought about the same bone-deep discomfort as if the victim had been a close friend.

"Maverick," is habit, before he says softer, "Glitch."

He crosses the room but maintains enough distance to quickly retreat if the other isn't accepting visitors.

"Is now a bad time?"
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
nine minutes [ closed ]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 20:01:03 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
gavin was not someone he was expecting to come and visit him. after all he was pretty sure he annoyed the piss out of the other man. but it had been fun for him regardless when they hung out. he even still had the togepi they had saved together. though he wasn't letting the baby anywhere near the monster of a baby at the foot of his bed.

he set the phone down and pulled himself up just a little bit. after all he looked like shit but at least he could try to look a little bit more awake. "oh you know me, i'm busy busy busy but i can always make time for you." his voice was missing the lightness that it usually held when he made jokes like that. even he knew that it fell flat. but he also didn't care.

"just be careful, i haven't worked out if jello is a murderous meltan or just a vampire." and on that glitch was actually serious. after all it was a weird reddish color from his blood. the meltan just wiggled some though, content with it's half a fork that glitch had given it.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
nine minutes [ closed ]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 18:01:04 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
The flat quality of 's tone is noted.

He's invited to stay, only noticing the Meltan upon stepping closer. He frowns as he examines the creature; they'd been what had caused the injury that had resulted in the amputation, hadn't they?

"Do you know much about them?"

He sits down, eyeing the copper-hued creature.

"I know we've got a few in our possession, now."
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
nine minutes [ closed ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 19:59:22 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
he shook his head when gavin asked if he knew a lot about the meltan. he didn't really. he'd been meaning to do a bit of research but of course now that one of them had popped out of the leg that had come off.

"it came out of my leg yeah. apparently it had been feeding on the iron in my blood and that was what made it that color or whatever." apparently that happened sometimes that pokemon had weird shiny mutations.

"he hasn't done anything violent yet so i've been letting him hang around. he likes eating my cutlery when i'm done with it."

he sighs and rubs the back of his neck a bit. "how are things out there?" since he hadn't been allowed out of the room he needed to get his news from somewhere.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
nine minutes [ closed ]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 14:24:37 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's expression lingers between horror and fascination.

"Hopefully it didn't get a taste for blood when it was snacking on yours."

But if it hadn't been violent so far, well, that was something.

"Things are..." Well, there's no use lying. "Hectic. We're still recovering from a lot of our recent plays and with the tournament coming up, the League's going to want to make Hoenn look as good as possible for the tourists."

That meant dealing with criminals however they could. Ugh.

"So it's been putting a bit of a wrench in our plans for Sootopolis."
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
nine minutes [ closed ]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 22:51:11 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
it was sort of the elephant in the room really that he wanted to address. especially since he'd been in the group chat with the rest of the leaguers.

"you've been outted as a rocket, well, patrick has. all the gym leaders are talking about it. some of them were planning on placing bets on you for the tournament but... you know. i played it up like i had no idea, as a good baby partner would."

the word mother was not coming out of his mouth right now. not after being misgendered for days by a hospital topside.

"things will work out fine. and then we can move to mossdeep and i can fucking retire this gym leader shit or something."

he hated the league, he partially hated rocket. he didn't care about any of this anymore. being a gym leader was supposed to be a joke but now he was holding the position so he could just wait for the eventual rocket takeover.

"if you kidnap me then i won't have to do paperwork."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
nine minutes [ closed ]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 17:26:17 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin grimaces but doesn't seem surprised.

"Yeah, I know. Marsh was filming on Pyre. We couldn't get his footage."

@archon had said Gavin's name and had captured his face. He'd known that his identity would be compromised eventually. As one of Rocket's avatars, a powerhouse, there was only so long he could have gone without making a stand.

He cants his head, surprised.

"Not enjoying the gym life?"

A sharp laugh cuts the air.

"I mean, that can be arranged."
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
nine minutes [ closed ]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 15:51:48 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
he sighed and stretched his arms a little bit. everything still hurt but he wasn't really worried about that right now.

"well, even it was hard for me to remember the name patrick anyways. maybe this time you'll choose an alias that's fun!"

it was a little bit of a laugh really. there was nothing wrong the name patrick but if he didn't make fun of gavin then who was he?

"i don't know, it's not bad but i didn't think they'd even accept my application so i wasn't really prepared."

and he wasn't really wanting to do all of the hard work and stuff.

"if you guys take mossdeep next you'll get the science labs from the observatory to work with. and i want to start doing... more but not like, paperwork more. it's hard to explain. can a gym leader come out as in favor of rocket while still staying a gym leader?"

talking to gavin was at least a good distraction. it almost made him stop thinking about the missing limb.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
nine minutes [ closed ]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 17:16:30 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Dare I ask what you'd consider 'fun'?"

Patrick had been one of his most established aliases. It was a lot of effort and resources down the drain to lose it, but it had always been an inevitability after becoming one of Rocket's few Avatars.

"Mossdeep's on the agenda," but so was the rest of Hoenn, really, so that wasn't saying much. "If we do manage to secure Sootopolis, the logical next step would be to wrest control of the other ports."

Control the oceans, control the imports, control the region.

"I don't think so," he frowns. "The League'd be begging for an excuse to fire you if you expressed your support. Or worse."

He can't say that for certain, but it's what he believes.

"Would be a hell of an exit, though. If you do decide to jump ship on the gym thing."
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
nine minutes [ closed ]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 16:33:10 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
glitch bit his lip to think for a moment.

"how about a traveling salesman? or a circus clown? or you could learn to be a fire breather or something?"

those were his ideas of a fun alias anyways. though really he was just throwing things at a wall to see if he could get gavin to laugh or something. it was a fun distraction to think of other things.

"oh, wait. i have an idea... if we really want to make things interesting?"

it was risky and extremely stupid but... it could throw league credibility under the bus.

"i could come out as supporting the slateport take over and then 'mysteriously' disappear. rocket could pretend to publicly look for me and cast doubt at the league as if they did something to me. destroy my whole apartment that they paid for like it's some sort of a struggle. it's a massive play but i can stay on the sub while the ruse is going. i'm sure lulu would love to have me back in the lab."

and he'd really love to be back in there. anything was better than this whole thing.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
nine minutes [ closed ]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 6:37:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin takes the suggestions with a cocked brow. He does laugh at the mention of a circus clown, shaking his head and causing blond hair to fall into his eyes. He flicks it back with a hand.

"You know, we had a clown once. Name was Goro. Still don't know what happened to him."

He'd gone dark after the incident at Littleroot.

Expecting the 'idea' to be more entertaining but impractical aliases, Gavin's surprised by the actual suggestion. It's not half bad, the sort of thing he thinks could get on board with.

"You might have an idea there. If you're sure it's what you want — not exactly the kind of decision you can walk back on, y'know?"

He's sure does know, but figures it's best to be safe.
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
nine minutes [ closed ]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2021 22:25:38 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
he was glad that gavin was on board with the idea. especially since he'd thought that it was kind of crazy himself as he was saying it out loud.

"i... i'm so tired gavin. everything is exhausting and i can't move around like i used to. even if they get me the prosthetic im a liability in the field. league keeps offering me one and im worried about what they'll put on it. and i'm worried that if i don't take it and show up with one from the rocket labs they'll start to question things." paranoid was more the word but that wasn't the point.

"if we can destroy league credibility after we've taken sootopolis like we did then... it'll be a step forward. people might see it as a retaliation if the gym leader who supports the takeover goes missing. not everyone will believe it but if enough people do then they'll start to talk and dissolve the structure they've built."

he nodded to himself, taking a deep breath. "i'll do a couple more challenges a couple more large ones for sure, then i'll do my bit..." and they would have to see where they could go from there.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
nine minutes [ closed ]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 9:04:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He doesn't understand what it's like to lose a limb, but he understands what it's like to be so tired, the bone-deep exhaustion that drags like an anchor and rests its weight against the mind.

Gavin, too, is paranoid, finds himself agreeing with Glitch's suspicions.

"Anything we can do to destroy their credibility is a step in the right direction."

He decides, then, that he likes . For all his silliness, he had Rocket's best interests in mind. That's what Rocket needed.

"Whatever help I can offer, you'll have it. We ought to let Choi know, as well."
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
nine minutes [ closed ]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2021 4:32:39 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
finally someone who was listening to him. who believed him. he couldn't talk to melody like he used to and how could he tell anyone any of this. he had no one anymore. he had nothing but rocket and his own pokemon.

"thank you gavin."

he meant it. a lot. as much as he loved to annoy him he considered gavin a friend.

"i'm going to need all the help i can get, but i can do it with you here."

he trusted gavin. something he didn't do easily. that meant he had two people now.