Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Two bros chillin' at a bar [S][C]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 21:48:37 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

As anyone who knows anything about university would tell you, one of the best ways to make friends is over drinks! Especially beer. Especially beer pong. Or, well, at least that’s what Vic’s university experience had been like, but not everyone is a full embodiment of being a ‘jock’ while being completely unaware that they are as much. But, alas, he was no university student anymore, so it wasn’t like he was just going to go play beer pong…
[break][break]
Unless someone invited him to do so!
[break][break]
Beer though, beer he could do. And, when entering the nice-looking bar he had stumbled upon when wandering the streets of Lilycove late at night, this was exactly what he ordered with a bright and ever-cheerful smile.
[break][break]
In what one could call ’a proper Vic move’, he had spontaneously decided to spend the weekend at the city on his way back to Slateport. After all, half the fun of moving to a new region was visiting cool new places, and Lilycove City happened to be a popular vacation destination. So, there he was, sitting at the bar and making casual conversation, because leave it to Vic to go to a place like that and care more about meeting people than the drink placed right in front of him. He had no plans for the night. Truly, he just wanted to have a good time...
[break][break]

+ (hope this is okay!)

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#F39DAA;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:#F39DAA;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 8:28:28 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
     He didn’t feel like dressing up, so he left the house wearing denim shorts and a white tee, with a golden necklace as accessory. The man decided to walk over to the bar while enjoying the nice balmy breeze beneath the night sky. There wasn’t much happening in Lily Cove, it was quiet. Just how he likes it. 

The change in the atmosphere was noticeable once he entered the bar. It was more lively with chit chats and laughters. Claude didn’t mind the noise, as long as nobody messes with him. 

”Surprise me Brian.” he said as he took the seat near the counter. 

The bartender nodded as if he was used to it. Claude was a frequent customer at the bar and Brian, the bartender, knew what kind of a person Claude was. He knew not to talk back nor engage in idle chit chat. 

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 12:56:38 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Unluckily for Claude, Vic didn’t know not to engage in idle chit chat. Quite literally so. Meeting new people was one of his favourite things to do, and having just moved to a new region where he barely knew anyone, he felt particularly compelled to do so.
[break][break]
Especially people who looked like they weren’t having a great time, because Vic was a nice, helpful lad.
[break][break]
And see, that’s where Claude made his fatal mistake: he sat nearby and all on his own, and to be completely honest here, to Vic he looked like he was rather annoyed. Admittedly, he also looked vaguely familiar, but the Unovan didn’t bother with dwelling on things like those.
[break][break]
He also didn’t dwell on if he should talk to the guy or not, offering a friendly and honest smile just as he uttered words that were so often uttered in places like those: ”Hey! Do you come here often?”
[break][break]
Now, in Vic’s defense, he had said it in a 100%, totally, absolutely, non-flirty way. It was just that the guy seemed familiar with the bartender. But, of course, who wouldn’t assume someone was trying to flirt when saying something like that? Especially if the person saying it was a tall, smiling, casually dressed, and perhaps even considerably good-looking young man (if one happens to be into pink hair and all that).
[break][break]
This was also something Vic didn't dwell on, obviously.
[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 15:00:24 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    Had it not been a good night, Claude would have ignored the man. But because he didn’t want to ruin his mood, he decided to play along with whatever the guy was playing. 

”Yes.”, he answered with his most gentle tone.

The bartender returned with his drink, its dark and brown complexion suggested to Claude that it was rum and coke. He brought the glass up to his nose, ’A fruity smell,’. He then lightly pressed the cold surface of the glass on his lips, tipping it slightly to let the drink fall into his mouth. ’Yep, definitely rum and coke,’.

He noticed the bartender shaking his head at the pink-haired guy. A smirk formed on his face. He found the gesture amusing, though he was grateful for it as well. As he could tell that the guy was born annoying. 

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 18:05:39 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

This guy didn’t talk much, huh? A different person would have probably acknowledged that he maybe had no interest in meeting people and was better off being left alone, but by Vic logic: if that was the case, then why would he be at a bar?! He could have just as easily grabbed a drink at home all on his own! Did people really do that though? Ugh, that sounded sad, he hoped they didn’t actually do that…
[break][break]
”Oh, great! I’m Vic, nice to meet you,” he introduced himself, beaming – a perfect and joyful smile of pearly whites that could have belonged in just about any toothpaste ad. And, with it, also came a rather obvious Unovan accent that coated his every word; not too heavy and slightly altered thanks to the years spent away from the region, but still filling his words with harshly pronounced syllables.
[break][break]
It wasn’t like he intended on forcing the guy to talk to him, that went completely over his head. But, the thing was that for some reason, to Vic he really looked like he could use a friend.

[break][break]

+ (I will just assume Unovans sound American LOL)

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 18:38:05 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    Most people would leave him alone after he answered with only a yes to a question. But not this guy. In fact, the guy seemed to think that he wanted a friend. 

Claude turned his brooding face at the smiling guy. He took in the other’s appearances, judging his every trait. After a while, he decided to humour the candy looking person. As long as his privacy is not being nosed on, he will play nice. 

”You from Unova?”, he asked before taking another sip of the drink, eyes fixed on Vic.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 20:34:51 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

So… No name.
[break][break]
No worries, Vic could work with that! Some people just didn’t like talking much or sharing things about themselves, and that was alright, because everyone had some stuff they were comfortable with, right? He didn’t mind carrying the conversation if that was what this guy preferred. At least he had gotten a question, and that was great!
[break][break]
Some optimistic people could really find the silver lining in everything, huh? And, in case it wasn’t completely obvious by now, Vic was high up on that list.
[break][break]
”Yeah! Guess it’s probably kind of obvious with the accent and all, huh? I’ve been told as much before… I’m from Mistralton, but I’ve kind of been all over.” A bit of a generalization, but it was true nevertheless. He had travelled all over Unova, and all over a couple of other regions as well. He could have ranted about it, sure, if Vic had been prone to talking in detail about himself. But, he preferred hearing about others, although apparently he wasn’t going to get much from this stranger.
[break][break]
He still could try though!
[break][break]
So, he grinned at him, his lavender gaze meeting that of his nameless new friend. “What about you? Ever been to Unova?”
[break][break]
Naturally, he had forgotten all about his drink by this point, the cold class remaining untouched on the counter.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 9:04:00 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    Who would know. Mistralton was not far from Driftveil City at all. In fact they were just neighbouring cities. Claude gave another look at Vic. The other man seemed to be older than him. He listened to the man while twirling the glass around, the ice inside clanked lightly against each other as he did. 

”Only for work. Why do you travel?” he redirected the spotlight back to the man. He didn’t really feel like talking much. He just wanted to drink, and so that was what he did as he consumed more of the alcoholic beverage. 

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 16:45:54 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Why did Vic bother when this guy was barely giving him anything and probably had no interest in talking to him? Well, for starters, it was doubtful that he would ever realize that sometimes people just didn’t want to chat, because he himself just loved it so much. Who wouldn’t want to meet new people and make new friends?! He barely even knew what an introvert was, much less an anti-social person.
[break][break]
’Why do you travel?’
[break][break]
Well, that was a bit of a complicated question. Would he give the short answer or the long one?
[break][break]
”Why? Hmm... I was challenging gyms and stuff back then. It was fun.” He shrugged with a faint laugh, because as little awareness as Vic may have had, he did realize that this guy probably had no interest in hearing every detail of his life – specially considering he was barely sharing anything about his own life. But, that being the case, what in the world could they talk about!?
[break][break]
As he pondered on that, he had a sip from his drink for the first time since it had been placed in front of him. It wasn’t all that cold anymore, but of course, that was Vic’s own fault.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 6:15:03 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    It was the way Vic said it that made Claude gain interest. He tilted his head and raised an eyebrow at the man, ”Back then?”. Claude knew what it meant, but he wanted to know why. Why the person suddenly stopped challenging gyms and ‘stuffs’. 

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 7:09:48 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

The question took him by surprise, and for no more than a mere moment, there was a glimpse of something sad and hurt in his eyes.
[break][break]
How was he supposed to answer something like that?
[break][break]
With family and friends it was easy to just smile. To laugh about it and tell them that there were other things he wanted to do with his life. But here, at a bar with a stranger who hadn’t even told him his name, it was difficult to bring himself to tell those half-truths he usually only told for the benefit of those he cared about. The half-truths he told because he didn’t want to disappoint them more than what he already had. The ones he told because they had all believed in him and told him he would get far, but in the end, no matter how much faith they had had in him, it had not been good enough. He had not been good enough.
[break][break]
“Hmm…” Vic looked down, slowly taking a sip from his glass as he attempted to figure out exactly what he wanted to reply. He didn’t want to lie. So, when he looked up, he met the stranger’s gaze, and faintly, he smiled one more time. “I guess those are just the kind of things you can’t do for the rest of your life.”
[break][break]
He had had to move on. He had chosen to. He had given up. But… the truth was that even now he wasn’t sure if all this was what he really wanted to do with his life.
[break][break]
”That’s not why I’m here, anyway.” Did he mean Hoenn, Lilycove, or the bar? Not even Vic himself could have given a proper answer to that.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 7:40:13 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    It was too obvious that it was a painful subject for the man to talk about. So he would not pry any further. He knew well enough how facing one’s nightmares could be so exhausting and unnecessarily draining. 

”You say that but you’re barely touching your drink,” he remarked with an amused smirk, before gulping down the entire content of the glass. ”Brian dear, give us something stronger would you?”.

The bartender perked an eyebrow, he hadn’t seen that side of Claude before. He went straight away to fetch a bottle of alcohol, before uncorking it and pouring it into two new glasses for the two men. ”Drink up, it’s on me,” he winked at his new company for the night.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 8:04:10 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

”Hah, I guess that’s a good point.” Vic couldn’t bring himself to disagree, watching the other as he talked to the bartender and told him to bring them something stronger to drink. He had never been the type to rely on that sort of thing. With how much he had always cared about playing sports and staying in shape, he had always been cautious about not drinking too much, and even if he hadn’t been, he didn’t even enjoy it much other than socially.
[break][break]
The person in front of him was different, and honestly, Vic wasn’t judging him for it. Everyone had their thing. Although… he did hope the stranger would know when to stop, because it wouldn’t be good if he ended up drunk while they were drinking together, no?
[break][break]
Had he just winked? Vic couldn’t help but let out a short laugh at that, raising his glass as he looked at the other man. ”Thanks… You seem like a good guy, you know?” He meant it. He really believed it, even if he had barely learned anything about this nameless stranger. Actions speak louder than words, after all.
[break][break]
”What’s the occasion?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 10:18:31 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    Claude bursted into light laughters. ”You shouldn’t judge a book by its covers.” he quoted, they had only met for a few minutes and yet the pink-haired lad thought that he was a good man. Claude was having a hard time believing how he could ever be a good person. 

When Vic asked that, Claude copied him, taking the newly filled glass and held it in the air. Claude looked at the other man for a while, thinking, ”To past nightmares,”

Clink!

Their glasses clicked together. Then, in one go, the blond emptied his glass. He seethed shortly after, ”That’s a good one, one more!”. The bartender did as requested and filled Claude’s glass with more of the alcoholic beverage. The easiest way to get Claude to talk was to get him drunk, and that was something he did very often. 

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 22:52:24 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Vic had not expected to hear the stranger laugh, but he did, and it was a nice sound. One that made him kind of happy and also kind of glad, because things were always better when everyone was enjoying themselves, right? He liked that; hearing people laugh. Even if he was aware the other man may have been mocking him when doing as much.
[break][break]
”Mmm… Maybe, but isn’t that the whole point of a cover?” Simplistic as his words may have been, Vic did have a point. There was always more to people, sure, and there were things some would never show even to those they trusted the most, but didn’t what they showed matter just as much as what they did not? If someone did good things, it was probably because they were either a good person or they wanted to be seen as one, right? And, if they wanted to be seen as good, didn’t that mean they must have had at least some of that inside? Maybe, it was just because he was an optimist and because he expected the best from everyone.
[break][break]
”To past nightmares.”
[break][break]
He barely had time to bring his glass up for a temptative sip while the other downed his in one go, already asking the bartender for refills as if he were having a bunch of shots. Was this guy going to be okay? Not to his discredit, but with the way he looked, it didn’t seem like he could handle copious amounts of alcohol with no consequence at all...
[break][break]
At least he seemed more talkative now, so maybe it was time to find out a thing or two about this man. ”No time to waste, huh? So… Do I finally get to find out your name now that we’re having drinks?” He asked, and this time, there was the slightest of smirk as he took another sip.
[break][break]