1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
champions on a bisection-carapace [ m/o ]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 18:11:48 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon toxel"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon gardevoir"]

Squirtles are notorious for being little shits.

So too was Sam's toxel.

The goal was to get the squirtle out of a local residence. They'd created some kinda little gang and were terrorizing locals by stealing random items from freshly baked pies cooling on window sills to storefront advertisement boards, for whatever reason.

Toxel rolled around on the ground in circles with gardevoir keeping an eye on her while remaining close to Sam, who was now conversing with one of the shop owners.

"I'll see what I can do."

Sam had been in Rustboro City because of a client, helping them arrange dates for a funeral, when he'd been distracted by the crazed store owner. Apparently they'd put out an advertisement for some help with the local turtle pests, requesting the squirtles be re-located, but no such luck.

And then Sam got roped into it even though he hadn't seen the advertisement??

So here he was, gardevoir hovering behind him, toxel sniffing around and eating random things like trash and dirt, looking for squirtles.

"...this was not how I saw my day going."
[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 20:07:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
apparently, Ranger work was never done. Tallulah had been in Rustboro when she overheard the issue and like a busy-body she had decided to help out. she couldn't have someone do this alone, not when so many Squirtles were needin' to be round up. she approaches a man she didn't know, who the store owner had said was going to assist.

"oi" she says, lifting an arm in a friendly manner "name's Tallulah Colt" lowering that same hand, she extends it to the man "heard you was roundin' the turtles up. fancy a bit of help?" the woman chuckles, knowing he probably would like the job to go faster "have some... experience, I do, with wrangling Pokémon."

1/5
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 20:14:45 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon toxel"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon gardevoir"]

The voice of another had Sam's body tensing. He turned to face whoever was addressing him and raised a curious eyebrow.

Oh good, he wouldn't be the only one attempting to round up turtles.

"That would be magnificent."

It took him a few seconds to register what she'd said. She had an odd way about speaking, which made him wonder if she was local or if she wasn't. Either way, he held up a small note.

"These are the notes from the store owner about patterns of thefts. The thefts seem to be circulating the fountain in town. Which, many have complained that the fountain has been dirty as of late."

Sam's guess was that squirtle were taking their scores to the nearest water source, forgetting the shore from which they'd come from to the west of town.
@tallulah
[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 20:42:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she would glance toward the distant fountain. "hmm" the Ranger would place a chin in her hand "if we examine the fountain, I bet the stolen items'll be there" but to the matter of the turtles "much rather get 'em all in one go" she adds "so if we take their treasure, they might be keen to defend it."

territorial Pokémon could make mistakes. they could mess up and be captured rather easily. she had a few spare Pokeballs with her that they could use. safely releasing them into the wild was their best bet. "unless you have a plan?" she says to Sam, lifting a brow at him. she was always open to new ideas. he might even have a better idea of what to do.

2/5
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 21:00:43 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]

"My idea was similar."

Sam admits after Tallulah shares her idea. He only then realizes he didn't return her introductions.

"I apologize for my rudeness, I didn't return your introduction. My name is Sam Carter."

Then, he extends his hand for a handshake, but only if she seems she might want or be open to receive one.

"My idea was to create a tempting enough treat to draw them out. Currency, or possibly treats from the local shops. Lure them out to steal it, wait in the shadows for them."

The gardevoir and toxel haven't budged. If the toxel tried to venture off, gardevoir was keen on moving in front of her and directing her to a different direction and avoided the nuzzles that the static baby poison mess tried to give her from time to time.
@tallulah
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 22:03:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Sam Carter. "s'nice to meet you formally" she grins at the man, not phased by his lack of introduction, but also taking his arm. shaking it heartily "they seemed to have hit a poffin shop a few times" probably to eat, not to store in the fountain "if we can lure 'em out that way?" she was keen to have her Pokémon try them regardless.

releasing his hand, she'd nod thoughtfully. "I'll stake out the fountain" Tallulah volunteers "you go get some poffins. here" she tosses him some cash to use "we're bein' paid for this, might as well splurge a bit. get your own Pokémon some too." ever generous, she didn't mind. there was enough money for at least three boxes.

one for each, and one for the fountain's bait.

she'd give a brief wave before walking to the location, waiting for Sam and his Pokemon to walk through the city with the delicious and fresh poffins. a perfect little ruse for the turtles to fall into.

3/5
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 22:35:34 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]

She gives him little to no choice, it seems. But he agrees because it's the best option they have.

Taking the money she gave him and the orders as well, he turns toward the shop and looks to his gardevoir. She's ushering the little toxel to follow Sam. The toxel groans and is ultimately pulled along by psychic energy from the gardevoir.

That is, until Sam got the poffin boxes. Toxel's all too eager to follow him after that, moving rather quickly despite her usual apathetic stance on life. Gardevoir follows behind the both of them, tailing toxel to make sure that she's not lagging behind at all.

"Here you are, Tallulah."

The box is given and he sets the box of poffins for himself and his pokémon down in gardevoir's arms. She takes one for toxel and gives it to him, then one for herself. Then she's sitting, gracefully hovering above the ground, playing with toxel who started to gnaw on the poffin she was given.

The trap was set, and Sam made his way over to the bench beside his pokémon and Tallulah to wait.

"This is right on their route. If we 'miss' them, then I'm sure they've moved onto a different city to terrorize."
@tallulah
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 22:52:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
if they stood around in the open talking about the plan, the turtles would no doubt be able to pick up on it. she was hoping the brief 'orders' were taken, and would sit herself on a bench to wait. luckily, Sam and his partners would come along. she smiles up at them, taking the offered box and gladdened he took one for himself. she was frugal sometimes, but liked to share with others. "thanks" she says to him "enjoy, guys." she adds to the Gardevoir and Toxel.

and luckily, the sweet smell of the poffins was enough to draw out a small crowd of turtles. Squirtle to be precise. it made sense, their smaller size enough to zip around the city with relative ease. some of them poked their heads from the bush. some had followed Sam. Tallulah made a fist and smashed it into her open palm, the box of poffins having already placed to the side. "we're up" she informs Sam, rising from the fence "c'mon out, Nessie." she tosses a Pokeball and reveals a Sceptile.

one look at the Squirtle and the Sceptile is not impressed, but the promise of food - like at Tallulah's garden - was enough to spur it into action. Nessie would raise an arm, the leaves along its limb sharpening into a Leaf Blade. "don't hurt 'em too much" Tallulah says from behind as the grass-type walks closer, aiming an attack at some Squirtle who got too close. the Ranger was quick to capture at least two of them. they were weaker, desperate for food and other things. she felt bad for them.

4/5
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 23:04:42 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]

Sam wondered if the goal of 'relocation' was lost on the woman, or if the woman planned on releasing them from the capsules after taking them back to the beach? Either way, Sam wasn't made of money, and wasn't about to spend his time capturing the squirtles.

Admittedly, he thought the turtles super boring as a solo type. And water, no less.

So he simply gave his gardevoir a nod. She stood, eyes and hands glowing. She raised her hands to wrap her psychic energy around the remaining squirtles. With a single teleport used on the turtles, they were back on the shore... though, unconscious.

"If they continue to pester the locals, I'm sure the authorities will handle it. For now, the job's complete."

Looking to Tallulah, Sam gives a quick bow -- a Kanto habit -- and then stands back up with a polite smile.

"Thank you very much for the poffins," of which toxel had eaten the majority of his box, and the rest of the squirtle's box, before collapsing with a bloated belly and a goofy drunken sort of smile. "They were not wasted."

Since toxel seemed to be unconscious, he returned the baby to the capsule meant for her, before minimizing it and putting it back where he'd retrieved it from.
@tallulah
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 23:20:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she smiles, tossing one of the captured Pokeballs into the air and catching it expertly. "I'm a Ranger" she tells him "we'll find a good spot for these two Squirtle so they won't come back." if the others did, that was on them. Tallulah would at least try to get the others at HQ to tag them before release, so if they came back to Rustboro... they would know there was something drawing the Squirtle here. part of being a Ranger was to protect both humans and Pokémon. 

sometimes from each other.

seeing as she didn't have a Gardevoir to help teleport them, capturing was the next best thing for Tallulah. nets could be messy too. "m' glad" she chuckles fondly, eyeing the Toxel "it was a job well done. and I meant it; was nice meetin' ya, Sam" she shoots him one last grin before heading back to the Ranger HQ. there was a cabin outside of the city that dealt with stuff like this. "see ya around, aye?" lifting a hand to wave him and his off, she'd vanish into the crowd of people.

/end

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 2:11:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@tallulah