why is it always ghosts?

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
why is it always ghosts?
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 7:38:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]
[break]
the dead still quiet of the forest was unnerving. zayn was so used to constantly hearing something. whether it was the waves breaking on the rocks beneath the lighthouse, kat's incessant complaints, or even the mischievous footsteps of a baby pokemon who definitely should not have been running in the house. but this stillness?
[break][break]
yeah. no thanks.
[break][break]

the sound of a twig snapping behind him nearly has him ejecting his dinner into his pants. luckily, it's only a yelp that teeters on the edge of a scream, that escapes him.
[break][break]

zayn turns to find kat behind him, somehow having snuck on him.
[break][break]

"arceus sake k. you're going to give me a heart attack."
[break][break]

he places his hand over his chest as he tries to regain his breath. if anyone was more comfortable being out here, it would be, without a doubt, her.
[break][break]

"there's still time to say there was nothing here..."
[break][break]

there's a hopeful edge in his voice. one he hopes she'll pick up on desperately.
[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

space

kat
she/her
january 3rd
olivine city
bisexual
accountant
grunt
9 height
9 height
awards
41 posts
katja weiss DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @katja
katja weiss
why is it always ghosts?
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 8:14:33 GMT
katja weiss Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbll"]

after all these years and all these missions, katja couldn't believe zayn was still yet to internalize the necessity of looking over his shoulder once in a while. his yelp made her shoulders jolt in surprise, the noise sounding impossibly louder in the stillness of the forest. 
[break][break]
she strained to listen for the sound of something else, something that wasn't him complaining about being snuck up on, but there was nothing. "you should try looking behind you next time," she told him in a quiet voice, distracted. like an arcanine on a hot trail, katja was laser focused whenever a mission fell into her lap. her time in team rocket had trained her a bit too well in that regard. 
[break][break]
"we could say that," she entertained, brushing past him to continue into the gloom and undergrowth with the same confidence she would have traipsing through a sunny, grassy sprawl of land. "but we'll get written up when expansion gets delayed because of us. you can handle a couple ghosts, can't you?"
[break][break]
if he couldn't, he could just sit there and look pretty while she dealt with it. 
[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[newclass=.blboxbll]font:11px roboto;--accent:#7b6678;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbll b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
why is it always ghosts?
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 17:09:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]
[break]
zayn frowns, his body turning to continuously face her as she pushes past. he didn't like the fact that kat was always too focused on the job. furthering rockets goals wasn't a good thing in the long-run, and he was afraid that kat had lost sight of why she joined in the first place.
[break][break]

"yeah, i can handle a few ghosts, k. just doesn't feel right to be out here, is all."
[break][break]
he sighs, moving to follow after her. just like he'd done all his life.
[break][break]
and that wasn't changing anytime soon.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

space

kat
she/her
january 3rd
olivine city
bisexual
accountant
grunt
9 height
9 height
awards
41 posts
katja weiss DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @katja
katja weiss
why is it always ghosts?
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 1:47:40 GMT
katja weiss Avatar
[nospaces]

it does feel off here. she can't bring herself to look weak by saying the words out loud, but there is something unsettling about this forest. she figures its the way the darkness makes the silhouettes of trees seem like they're closing in on them. or maybe its the sudden chill in the air making her skin prickle. 
[break][break]
her brows furrow as a white puff of breath fogs from her lips. it's close, she thinks. whatever it is. a few paces forward, she stops abruptly in her tracks. there's a lapse of silence as she sways a little on her feet. then her fingers twitch and begin to slowly curl into fists at her sides. 
[break][break]
without turning around to face him, she whispers, "get out of my forest."
[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbll .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbll .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
why is it always ghosts?
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 8:45:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]
[break]
"why is it so cold all of a sudden?"
[break]

[break]

zayn hastily rubs his arms, desperate for the warmth it provides. he turns towards him just in time to catch himself from running face first into the back of kat's head.
[break]

[break]

"agh- what the hell, k?"
[break]

[break]

he watches her, raising an eyebrow. she sways in place, her silence telling more than words could. zayn scoffs, exhaling an annoyed breath.
[break]

[break]

"really? think i'm going to fall for that trick?"
[break]

[break]

he grabs her by the arm in an attempt to turn her around, only, she resists with newfound strength. zayn hesitates, taking an involuntary step back with a gulp.
[break]

[break]

"u-uh, this isn't funny anymore. q-quit playing around k..."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

space

kat
she/her
january 3rd
olivine city
bisexual
accountant
grunt
9 height
9 height
awards
41 posts
katja weiss DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @katja
katja weiss
why is it always ghosts?
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 20:31:58 GMT
katja weiss Avatar
[nospaces]

"quit playing around?" katja's voice sounds gravelly from disuse. she turns to face him, the movement strange and unnatural, and stares at him with a blank look in her eyes. she strikes out to take a fistful of his shirt in her clenched hand.
[break][break]
"don't you humans speak the same tongue? i said," her upper lip curls to expose bared teeth. she pulls him closer with a jerk of her arm. "get out of my forest."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
why is it always ghosts?
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 3:55:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]
[break]
despite the height, and weight advantage he has over kat, she grabs him wit little use, pulling him so he's mere inches from her face.
[break][break]

so she wasn't messing around. got it. shit.
[break]

[break]

"r-right it's your forest! it's a very, very nice forest."
[break]

[break]

his hands wrap around his best friends wrist.
[break]

[break]

"just uh, let k go, and we'll be on our way. right that way. right there. us two. leaving."
[break]
[break]

what was he going to do?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

space

kat
she/her
january 3rd
olivine city
bisexual
accountant
grunt
9 height
9 height
awards
41 posts
katja weiss DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @katja
katja weiss
why is it always ghosts?
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 4:27:09 GMT
katja weiss Avatar
[nospaces]

"good boy," she growls out, her wrist tensing up beneath his touch. if anything, her fingers curl tighter. "that's more like it."
[break][break]
the deal gives her pause. her grip loosens a little, but she doesn't lose her leverage quite yet. her eyes search his face, devoid of any glint or warmth that might fool him into believing that it's still her in there.  
[break][break]

"i'll let 'k' go once you're out of my forest. not a step sooner." she gives him a small shove as she lets go of his shirt in an attempt to dislodge his hands from her wrist. clumsily, she reaches for her belt with her other, uncoordinated hand and brandishes a pokeball.
[break][break]

"take us out of the forest." she takes a wobbly step, much like a newborn deerling. "and don't you dare try anything — i can do a whole lot of damage to this new body of mine." she croaks out a laugh. 
[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
why is it always ghosts?
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 4:32:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]
[break]
seeing very little choice, he does what she says. his eyes follow ghost!kat's movements, and he's soon biting the inside of his cheek nervously.
[break]
[break]

"so uh- forest ghost... person. who are you exactly?"[break]

[break]
he was confident that it was a pokemon — it had to be. but which one? and how was it so intelligent?
[break]
[break]

"we really meant no harm here... just off exploring... y'know..."
[break]
[break]

he very, very slowly moves a hand to his waist, reaching for his own capsule.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

space

kat
she/her
january 3rd
olivine city
bisexual
accountant
grunt
9 height
9 height
awards
41 posts
katja weiss DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @katja
katja weiss
why is it always ghosts?
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 5:02:27 GMT
katja weiss Avatar
[nospaces]

the use of the word "person" makes her wrinkle her nose, but she doesn't completely shut down the question. "i'm a forest spirit. i protect these woods from the likes of you two."
[break][break]
she shambles after him, white-knuckling her pokeball. 
[break][break]

"'we really meant no harm here'," she mimics, anger a thin edge in her voice. "you humans are all the same. liars, all of you."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
why is it always ghosts?
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 5:23:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]
[break]
zayn wrinkles his nose at the predicament. they said that they were a forest spirit? the only one he knew about was celibi, and he doubted heavily, that this was who he was speaking to.
[break][break]

he needed more information. so, he takes a deep breath, and stops moving.
[break][break]

"look forest spirit, or whatever you are — we don't want any trouble. really. but a lot of very bad people are looking to make this place their home. and i don't think they can be stopped."
[break][break]

he turns to look at her now.
[break][break]

"you should take you, and yours, and find another forest. a safer forest."
[break][break]

was it fruitless?
[break][break]

close tab

played by

space

kat
she/her
january 3rd
olivine city
bisexual
accountant
grunt
9 height
9 height
awards
41 posts
katja weiss DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @katja
katja weiss
why is it always ghosts?
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 18:07:27 GMT
katja weiss Avatar
[nospaces]

katja stiffens when zayn turns to face her, cocking her arm back like she intends to sic her pokemon on him. could he be one of these very bad people he is so urgently warning her about? as he tries to appeal to her, she stops just short of humming the pokeball at his head and considers the suggestion.
[break][break]
"safer..." she sighs out. "and where would that be?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
why is it always ghosts?
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 5:42:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]
[break]
"i... don't know."
[break][break]
he admits, hesitating. in truth, zayn didn't expect the ghost to be immediately amicable. but, he doesn't let up.
[break][break]

"but anywhere is safer than here. people are very determined to make this place theirs. and they'll choose the nuclear option, rather than give it up."

[break][break]

he sighs, exhausted by the scenario, but more so that he wasn't lying. rocket was filled with scum.

close tab

played by

space

kat
she/her
january 3rd
olivine city
bisexual
accountant
grunt
9 height
9 height
awards
41 posts
katja weiss DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @katja
katja weiss
why is it always ghosts?
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 23:56:00 GMT
katja weiss Avatar
[nospaces]

he doesn't know, how very helpful of him. it's for the best that he's stupid — a trap can often masquerade as a suggestion. in truth, there isn't another option for the ghost-type, no safe place to manifest itself into when this place becomes overrun with greedier, less diplomatic humans. and what does a pokemon do when it feels cornered?
[break][break]
"if bad people are coming, i should stay and defend this forest. this is my home, and no one can take it from me."
[break][break]
"not anyone. not you." her fingers loosen on the pokeball she's been brandishing and it drops impotently into the grass at their feet, rolling away a small distance. with a growl of frustration, she swings at him with her other fist. 
[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
why is it always ghosts?
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 20:00:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]
[break]
"look, there's no reas-"
[break][break]

his words die in his throat as his best friend's fist connects with his jaw. despite the possession, it still only held kat's own strength ⁠— not that it still didn't hurt. teeth clamp down on tongue, and lip, and blood trickles into his mouth to stain ivory, crimson.
[break][break]

"arcues fuck, what was that for?"
[break][break]

he stumbles a step, then two, backwards. a glob of iron tainted spit hits the grass and anger rises through him with each quickened beat of his heart.
[break][break]

"i'm trying to help you! you can't win against what is to come!"