played by

Light

Bell
She/Her
Trainer
Cadet
1 height
1 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
39 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bluebell
Bluebell Montague
002. we met a gym leader, i think?! [ invite | spiral ]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2019 6:11:22 GMT
Bluebell Montague Avatar
"a town, thank arceus!" bluebell had been exhausted from having been on a boat filled with cabbages for days. nothing but she and her piplup, and don't even get the pair started on how bad the taste of the cabbage had been! it was seriously gross! "we're finally gonna find a place to eat, stay, bathe, and sleep!" she only had but so much money given to her by sebastian. had it been enough to stay within an inn for the night before heading out tomorrow morning?

"well, hey, we'll worry about where we'll be sleeping later! for now, let's explore little root, piplup!" piplup replied with glee. together she and her water-type took one step into the town, and officially entered a safe zone. "i can already taste it! my dream is right ahead, becoming a top coordinator as well as a champion of this region is within my future, hehe! nothing's gonna stop us, piplup!" as the beautiful bell ventured into town. she stood out from the volume of her hair all the way to her clothing of choce; which, by the way, she was seen adorning a simple, black dress where a white collar was seen around her neck. followed by that, upon her arms, were a pair of frill sleeves. a dark, corset choker around her neck; whereas, for her lower half, she wore for footwear a pair of black wedge booties.

with a backpack attached upon her. piplup casually walked alongside his fellow trainer. "i could go for a bite to eat..." bluebell came to a halt, her stomach rustling all the while. "a strawberry shortcake sounds good...maybe some pizza...and fries..." tears were ready to pour as she continually thought about food. "so deli--ah?" suddenly, her mind went blank. "...battle?!" she exclaimed, sharp eyes fixed upon a man that caught her attention from his physical appearance.

"piplup...look..." casually, and obviously, pointing toward the male in question. unaware as to who, or even what, he was. the blunette would pick her piplup up and began to shake him uncontrollably! "that guy is totally a gym leader! we met a gym leader--i think?!" letting piplup go in the middle of holding him in the air, he'd fall atop of his buttocks; although, with a sudden shock, piplup watched as bluebell casually ran away to chase after the male that caught her eye.

as she ran toward the man as though she'd spotted a celebrity. bluebell, catching up to the stranger, would be seen panting heavily and uncontrollably from the jog. "oh man...i am...out of shape, phew!" standing tall, she'd properly point an index finger toward the man, "i challenge you to a battle, mister gym leader, sir! i only have one pokemon, so i hope that's okay! you're totally a gym leader, right-right?!" bluebell uttered with puppy dog eyes all the while. "i know a gym leader when i see one! you carry yourself with power and...a really, super nice physique for a man..." a hand found its way underneath her chin as she examined the fellow blue-haired male.

notes: you're a gym leader aren't you!? gimme badge!
tag:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2019 6:50:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
littleroot is the last bastion of peace in this hellhole. too far from anything substantial, fernando finds relative peace in the quaint little town. it's the only reason he allows himself to travel so openly, fitting in among the people without so much as an arsenal of pokeballs across his torso. no, today is a day for normalcy and he shows it by blending in with every other trainer. the weight of only six pokeballs feels infinitely lighter then what he's used to but the burden of being left bare leaves an itch that his paranoia gnaws on. he ignores it because he knows better. there's no war in littleroot.

the call for battle comes when he least expects it. by now, enough people recognize him from the news - television, social media, even the newspaper. to have someone challenge him to a battle outright is an odd occurrence but one he doesn't refuse, if only on a whim. it's been a while since he's had a traditional battle and the last one to come to mind is his little exhibition match with . it reminds him that how much he hates the standard practice and how unintuitive it feels.

"...?"

fernando turns to face the challenger and stares at her with a mix of contempt and disbelief. half of him can't be assed to respond while the other half is game if only for the sake of training his pokemon. "one pokemon? that piplup?" the rest of her questions are unimportant. the only thing that matters is the challenge at hand, and, by the looks of it, it'll be hardly one at all. still, fernando muses at the one pokemon on his current roster that's yet to be domesticated. anything else will be nothing short of bullying.

close tab

played by

Light

Bell
She/Her
Trainer
Cadet
1 height
1 height
awards
39 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bluebell
Bluebell Montague
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2019 7:25:38 GMT
Bluebell Montague Avatar
"yup!" she responded, but she wanted him to answer the important question: is he a gym leader? then again, by not answering, did that mean he was a gym leader after all? she was confused for a brief second thinking hard about the current issue at hand. "so you'll take my challenge!" hands clasped together as a bright, red hue of blush manifested upon the female's cheeks.

"i can't believe we get to have our first battle here already, and it's with a gym leader piplup!" she'd run over to her little blue penguin. picking the water-type up and swinging him around, she'd hug the little bird tight. "hey, hey, hey! so what sort of pokemon do you have? i bet it's something strong, i'll have you know my piplup is a tough cookie himself!" though they've never been in a real battle before. she's trained with her caretaker sebastian back home for quite sometime. of course sebastian, in no way, rivals the power of a gym leader. but today was the day, especially being her first day in hoenn, that she'd witness the prowess of a gym leader!

"please don't hold back, 'kay?" bluebell replied with a jovial smile. "oh, and one more thing, if i win, dinner's on you!" she was hungry, and this was her chance to not only earn a badge but a free meal as well. it's not as if she were asking for an arm or leg, right? then again, she didn't have much to offer the male if he won in return. but, hey, he was a gym leader! what could he possibly want from a lowly trainer/coordinator such as herself? well, thinking about it, hopefully he wasn't some sort of pervert.

notes: you're a gym leader aren't you!? gimme badge!
tag:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2019 8:20:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando doesn't correct her. he doesn't do much of anything other then pluck a specific pokeball off his belt. what lies inside is a pokemon that's far from trained. in fact, it's among his weakest. still, in theory, it should provide an ample challenge for the piplup. he hadn't lied to . simulations of pokemon battles and their predicted outcomes were his forte. on raw stats alone, fernando imagines a clean victory. it's only a matter of execution that keeps him from realizing it.

"show me your strength, trainer."

the pokeball is lobbed forward with an underhanded toss. it plops on the floor with a mild thud and opens up, expelling the quagsire inside. the pudgy, nonchalant pokemon appears with a blank expression, tapping his belly repeatedly. it almost seems unaware. normally, is responsible for bringing his pokemon up to speed. the standard regimen and behavior training is one that takes time. for now, bluebell will have to do.

"the first move is yours."

instinct screams at him to call for the battle routine but fernando knows better. the quagsire is anything but ready. that's what this is for, practice.

close tab

played by

Light

Bell
She/Her
Trainer
Cadet
1 height
1 height
awards
39 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bluebell
Bluebell Montague
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2019 19:34:39 GMT
Bluebell Montague Avatar
"time for us to shine; let's show them our shout, piplup!" that's right. they were going to battle here and now out in the open. it was before the public's very eye. with a confidant grin, she'd push forth her left hand, "hit'em hard, and lay it on them! let's introduce them to hydro pump!" inhaling a great deal, and having yet to drop her piplup, she'd toss the blue penguin into battle.

high in the air, piplup would release from above a powerful torrent of water in the form of a funnel. aiming for the quagsire down below. whether the hit landed or not was all up to fate.

notes: we're gonna show you our shout.
tag:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2019 2:52:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando stands there, idle. there's no need for orders. he can hear bluebell's call to action and anticipates that his quagsire will be able to handle itself. although it lacks training it's still a sentient creature. it has at least some semblance of self preservation.

from above, the piplup has the perfect vantage point to lay out a perfectly aimed HYDRO PUMP. unfazed, the quagsire watches the piplup attack, impassive, uncaring as the blast lands a critical blow to its face. it splashes off the pokemon's moist skin and, despite the seeming impact of the blast, the quagsire seems indifferent, as if the attack never landed. perhaps it has AMNESIA?

close tab

played by

Light

Bell
She/Her
Trainer
Cadet
1 height
1 height
awards
39 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bluebell
Bluebell Montague
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2019 3:10:36 GMT
Bluebell Montague Avatar
"that didn't work at all; obviously it's a water-type, but it just stood there as if there was no scratch taken from the attack. not even a wince!" gritted teeth and furrowed brows were enough to indicate that she'd been surprised by the pokemon's sturdiness. "alright then, if water won't work on you--let's reassure them that we won't be backing down anytime soon with drill peck!" piplup, landing, readied itself for a physical assault.

piplup's beak became dowsed in a bright, white light; following after the beak's glow did it, too, become enlarged. afterward, the piplup lunged forward, all the while, leaving dust in its wake. piplup's body rotated rapidly as it flew through the air. arms were spread to assist in keeping the blue bird's body centered and on course. the duo's plan was an attempt to shatter the quagsire's defense and deliver some form of injury; though, an unexpected outcome was possible in piplup's future. a risky move, but worth the price. "shatter their defense, and pierce it with full force piplup!" bluebell exclaimed.

notes: drill peck was used.
tag:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2019 3:37:30 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
her assessment is sound but inherently wrong. it's not something he'll outright correct but he's interested in seeing how she'll adapt. her answer is a call for DRILL PECK and fernando responds with a command of his own. "COUNTER." the words are exchanged before either pokemon can fully execute their moves, so she can recant should she choose, but there's little for them to do but allow the exchange to happen.

the piplup approaches, scattering dust and loose dirt as it approaches. despite the quagsire's seemingly disregard for the possible threat of the attack, fernando knows that the pokemon is bracing for impact. COUNTER can manifest in many ways, through various outlets depending on the species in question, but it always ends up delivering double the damage to any physical attack. in quagsire's case, the pokemon digs both its feet into the ground, bringing a single arm back as it waits for the inevitable. all that speed, all that velocity - it'll come to bite piplup back in the ass. piplup is a fastball and quagsire is the batter. the moment it makes contact, quagsire will swing back, returning the attack with an underhanded uppercut right to the chin.

close tab

played by

Light

Bell
She/Her
Trainer
Cadet
1 height
1 height
awards
39 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bluebell
Bluebell Montague
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2019 3:55:38 GMT
Bluebell Montague Avatar
"piplup!" a gasp escaped her mouth. though the attack landed, piplup was sent flying during the process of drill peck's connection. from so below the physical retaliation of counter sent piplup hurdling above. as piplup flew into the air, his trainer would scream.

"piplup, regain your composure and retaliate with another drill peck!" the power was great, but that wasn't going to stop them. bluebell and piplup could be stubborn when they wanted to, "skydive with drill peck!" once again did piplup's beak become enlarged and dowsed in white light. his body, also, rotating rapidly once more in an attempt to pierce the quagsire from above rather than in front. it was far too easy to tell that she was desperate, but this had to work; though, she had another course of action should the quagsire retaliate with counter once more.

notes: drill peck was used, but this time skydiving from above.
tag:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2019 4:28:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando doesn't need to repeat the order. so long as piplup continues to use physical blows so will quagsire. every DRILL PECK will be met with a corresponding COUNTER. what will devolve into a game of attrition is a match that quagsire can't lose. not against this pokemon.

just on basic instinct, quagsire doesn't feel confident swatting the pokemon from above with its relatively short arms. instead, it turns around, scratching its ass before settling into position. with its back turned toward piplup, the quagsire cranes its neck to watch the descending pokemon. rather then rely on its arms, the quagsire will use its flat, larger tail as a fulcrum to swat the pokemon away.

close tab

played by

Light

Bell
She/Her
Trainer
Cadet
1 height
1 height
awards
39 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bluebell
Bluebell Montague
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2019 5:28:35 GMT
Bluebell Montague Avatar
"right there...! okay, whirlpool!" in the midst of spiraling downward, piplup's previous move desisted. upon retracting his beak, piplup continued to rotate his body. during the rotation the pokemon began to craft a reverse, upside down whirlpool. the pool of water beginning to manifest throughout its entire being.

during its rapid spin midair, a body of water started to envelop its entire being. once contact was made with the quagsire's tail, the blow of quagsire's counter was halved by said body of water, but damage was still taken; though, while also, dispelled the whirlpool's coating. the piplup was sent once more into the air. "whirlpool, lay it on the quagsire!"

a large, rapid pool of water graced the entire plaza's eyes with its stunning beauty. sending the whirlpool downward, the plan was to entrap the quagsire inside of the center. and so far it looked as if it had no plan in moving at all when it came to water-type moves; that was just a mere hunvh anyway. had the whirlpool been sent back into the air toward piplup, piplup was prepared to utilize its trump move "bide" in order to intake damage. but, if not, then bluebell would exclaim, "surf's up, piplup!" during the endless pool of water's rotation, piplup would land at the very top, and edge,of the whirlpool. awaiting for its next command while keeping its distance from the complex quagsire and simply being spun clockwise by the motion of the waves.

notes: i have no clue what to do. she has no clue what to do. this is dumb.
tag:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2019 6:09:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
big mistake. fernando watches the move unfold but anticipates that all the build up behind bluebell's plan will come to an anti-climatic end. quagsire too, shows a sense of fearless as the attack manifests. in fact, it seems outright bored, as if the WHIRLPOOL will do nothing to it. its tail beats the ground back and forth as the pokemon lets out an audible YAWN.

contact is made and the water does help mitigate the impact of quagsire's COUNTER. it's a smart move on the surface but the follow up leaves much to be desired. cancelling the DRILL PECK had left the attack to rely on both WHIRLPOOL and the impact of piplup crashing into it. naturally, quagsire still strikes at the piplup and it's sent back once more. in return, quagsire seems unhurt - chipper even, as if it hadn't taken any damage at all.

"have you realize it yet?"

there's a trick to this battle and he's eager to hear her analysis. well, not really, but the satisfaction that comes from antagonizing someone that had been so eager, so earnest, brings a certain sense of gratification. the longer this goes on the more in his favor it becomes. while watching from afar is typically a wise choice when dealing with an unknown enemy, the longer the piplup spectates, the more the quagsire gets to RECOVER.

the WHIRLPOOL persists and encircles the motionless quagsire. rather then fight against the raging currents, the pokemon sits there scratching its ass. the lack of movement, while intentional on bluebell's behalf, grants the pokemon a chance to rest and therefore RECOVER. on the rare occasion that the WHIRLPOOL nips at the pokemon, the quagsire simply smiles. the water means nothing to it.

-- QUAGSIRE YAWNED

close tab

played by

Light

Bell
She/Her
Trainer
Cadet
1 height
1 height
awards
39 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bluebell
Bluebell Montague
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2019 6:31:14 GMT
Bluebell Montague Avatar
"bubblebeam!" piplup continued to ride the whirlpool. pushed by the wave with the path of a clockwise motion. "we'll figure something out, we have to!" she stated. this battle was clearly one-sided, but there had to be an opening somewhere. "continue to rain down bubblebeam!" bluebell commanded.

and so piplup did. riding the wave and releasing a volley of bubbles. she and piplup weren't going down without a fight. "keep it up!" piplup was relentless, and wasn't letting up anytime soon. but whether the onslaught of bubblebeam's could only keep up for so long. "is that all you got, mister gym leader!" a half-grin was given to the blue haired gym leader. he'd barely even spoken a word this entire match, was he toying with her?

notes: this must be what sakura felt like when she fought the 3 sound ninja.
tag:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2019 6:45:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
BUBBLE BEAM is just that - a stream of bubble fly straight toward quagsire and pop against its skin. the attack, no matter how continuous, no matter how thorough, proves to do little more then moisten quagsire's damp skin. it even seems to be enjoying it as the pokemon livens up to being bathed by the opponent.

"enough playing around. finished it off with MUDDY WATER."

much like the piplup, quagsire takes aim and lets out several blast of brown, murky water. unlike HYDRO PUMP, MUDDY WATER does more then blast the opponent with the force of water. the sheer murkiness behind the attack threatens to blind anything caught by it. just watching the water splash off any surface is enough to coat it in a slimy after trail of mud and silt.

quagsire remains relatively motionless, refraining from doing little more then turning and spitting out repeated blasts of MUDDY WATER.

-- QUAGSIRE YAWNED LAST POST

close tab

played by

Light

Bell
She/Her
Trainer
Cadet
1 height
1 height
awards
39 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bluebell
Bluebell Montague
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2019 8:10:48 GMT
Bluebell Montague Avatar
the ground began to rumble from underneath the quagsire. for, from the looks of it, a wave of muddy water manifested from underneath! unbeknownst to the drowsy piplup. bluebell watched as the water-type was engulfed by the watery mud. causing the whirlpool to disrupt, the drowsy-eyed piplup was, then, sent hurdling through a window into a nearby home.

"piplup!" bluebell cried aloud, she'd look back toward the gym leader and her quagsire, shouting,"oh my arceus, you killed my piplup, you bastard, i'll never forgive you!" jumping to conclusions. she chased after piplup as the owners of the nearby home came bursting out of their front entrance. her piplup, in the arms of a woman, was merely unconscious from the yawn from earlier--all while covered in muddy water. "thank goodness, you're okay!" hugging her sleeping piplup, she'd hold the water-type all while getting wet. "i guess it's my loss...." said bluebell.

turning directly toward the quagsire and his trainer. dagger eyes, rose-colored cheeks, and a pout were all being thrown toward the stranger she'd just battled. "mmm...t-thank you for the battle, i suppose...i learned...a lot from this short...period..." she was grateful, even though she hated to admit it. she was still a rookie, and had a lot to learn. her teacher always told her that with every battle would she gain a new experience and lesson from it, god how right he was. running over toward the gym leader, passing his quagsire, she'd come to stand three feet apart from gym leader. the blunette, with a gleeful cjamge in personality, smiled saying, "i won't lose next time, and i'm coming for that badge! so please battle me again!" said the ecstatic bluebell.

notes: i have more to type/write, but i don't wanna bury you in words. so just have this for now.
tag: