awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
002. we met a gym leader, i think?! [ invite | spiral ]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2019 1:38:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando watches the pokemon get launched away for the third and final time. apathetic to her plight, he makes no move to console the wailing trainer. she reacts on emotion, one that gets stifled once she retrieves her pokemon. how eccentric. how boorish. with a click of his own pokeball, he recalls his quagsire, somewhat disappointed by its performance.

"what did you learn?"

the ball finds its place on one of the many empty slots on his belt. it's his turn to approach the trainer, his trademark scowl narrowing in on her flustered figure. her follow up is ignored, tossed aside. fernando cares little for useless pleasantries. what he wants to know is the depths of her advancement. the learning experience, the flow of adaption from trainer to trainer, the ability to grow is what fernando craves. while he has little investment in a stranger, her extravagant extrovertedness gives him the necessary reason to pry.

"what lesson did you learn from this battle?"

if this is the standard, the usual trainer in hoenn, how far can the region prosper?

close tab

played by

Light

Bell
She/Her
Trainer
Cadet
1 height
1 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
39 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bluebell
Bluebell Montague
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2019 2:18:13 GMT
Bluebell Montague Avatar
"eh?" a confused state was shown by the sudden surprise of his question. "what did i learn...?" she lowly repeated. looking down toward the sleeping piplup, bluebell began to ponder for a moment. ]"ah! i was a bit too aggressive and led my piplup into an unwinnable battle; although, we were also careless as well." sadly it was too late to deliver a plan she'd concocted. if she wanted to pursue an opening she needed a decoy, "in the end i think there was a chance for us to turn the tide, i just didn't think fast enough!" a pleasant smile had been given to the man she still believed to be a gym leader.

as she stared at the man who bore nothing but an expression one would call "cold", she'd say, "water..." and continued, "...type?" bluebell uttered with a questionable tone.

notes: :I
tag:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2019 2:28:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
she stares into the abyss and the abyss stares back. their eyes meet and ferando is relentless with probing behind those clueless eyes. what he looks for is trying to grasp her thought process. how much of it stems from critical thinking? how much is just mindless chatter that spews out of her mouth without so much as an afterthought.

"what makes you think it was unwinnable?"

he pauses, concerned.

"you still haven't figured it out, have you?"

close tab

played by

Light

Bell
She/Her
Trainer
Cadet
1 height
1 height
awards
39 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bluebell
Bluebell Montague
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2019 2:36:08 GMT
Bluebell Montague Avatar
was he not a water-type gym leader? well, onto the next guess! "i don't think it was unwinnable!" bluebell responded, "water had no effect on quagsire! and most of piplup's techniques are water-based aside from drill peck, bide, and mist. the only chance of winning i had was with drill peck, but there just wasn't a way for me to get quagsire to budge! so i thought a relentless assault from bubble beam would get it to do something." she pondered once more, "i thought it'd get tired being hit with water-based techniques and eventually make a move, which it did."

if anything, bluebell wasn't aware, due to being unable to hear or, led alone, see the quagsire yawn. her vision was blocked and the noise from the whirlpool diverted her the two most important senses. "oh! ground-type?!" she exclaimed the next.

notes: :I
tag:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2019 2:54:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
now the narrative starts to unravel. fernando perks up at her assessment but she still misses the mark. he attributes it to ignorance and waits for her to finish before interjecting. "water absorb." the most important factor to the battle was the crucial ability unique to only a certain sleight of water type pokemon. "even against another water type, you can bully them into submission if you have enough raw power. however, against pokemon with water absorb, all your water attacks will end up sustaining them. quagsire would've had no problems lazing around there forever."

something about hearing the extent of her deduction, the most explicit explanation of her thought process so far, spurs him to educate her further. the delight of crushing a trainer is only matched by educating them on the degree of their folly. it's a practice tried and true, one passed on to and one he had hoped to betrothed to .

"i was the one who got impatient and made the call for it to act. otherwise, the battle would stall forever."

a plain, sharp ring vibrates from his pocket. distracted, he pulls out his phone, checking the notification that flashes across his lock screen. he notes the time as well.

"did you still want dinner?"

close tab

played by

Light

Bell
She/Her
Trainer
Cadet
1 height
1 height
awards
39 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bluebell
Bluebell Montague
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2019 3:20:52 GMT
Bluebell Montague Avatar
was he ignoring her?! some gym leader he was. a pout was made out of spite toward the neglect on her deduction as to what sort of gym leader he'd been. but that was all said and forgiven the moment he began to educate her on quagsire's ability to absorb water, all while learning about raw power. "totally far out..." she replied in awe.

dinner offered, she'd exclaim with glee, "no way!" the jovial expression she'd given, all while still holding her piplup as if he were a newborn. bluebell was ecstatic that shed been offered a meal, "i could so eat after that match, both piplup and i! along with getting him cleaned up!" as excited she may have been, she wanted to know more about this stone cold gym leader, "ah, by the way," twirling around with piplup in her arms, she'd lean forward with a kindred smile and spirit, "i'm bluebell montague, learn the name of the girl who's going to take your badge and become the next champion of this region; as well as the number one top coordinator!" standing straight back up, she'd nuzzle her sleeping piplup who slowly began to awaken, "and my number one partner, you've already met, piplup!" drowsy eyes and a heavy body, piplup arose to find itself awakening in the arms of bluebell. talking to the man she had just lost against.

notes: free food? hell ye.
tag:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2019 5:51:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
tch. her enthusiasm has no end to it. while interesting during throes of battle, having to deal with it on a consistent basis may prove more annoying then he originally thought. the novelty of toying around with her slowly dies as she goes in for the kill on his entertainment. an introduction? guess that means he's due for giving her his name as well. he doesn't so much as flinch.

"eliard."

he doesn't comment further then that. not when he doesn't have to. he's sure that she'll do enough talk for the both of them. for now, he's content to leave her with dry, short replies. anything to keep from having to engage in a conversation he has little to no interest in.

"if you're going to wash up then the pokemon center's the best bet."