Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs gavin [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 23:32:50 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
They’d never done this before.

She grinned across the field at her brother, palming a pokeball into the air a couple of times casually. “You ready?” How had they never done this before, though?

Lulu—no, Saoirse’s excitement was bursting at the seams. Deep down, she’d always wanted to best him. These days, she felt much more genuinely supportive. Still, sibling competitiveness would perhaps never be outgrown.

She released the Blaziken he’d gifted her, as well as an Alakazam he wouldn’t have seen before. It wasn’t the shadow, but one of the other four. It brandished its spoons at the underboss as the two settled into offensive stance across the field.

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
lulu vs gavin [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 11:57:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Ah, if only he could battle her with his shadows.

That would seriously unbalance their respective chances, however, and he acquiesces to a fair fight against his little sister.

Televised, too. He wonders what their parents would think if they weren't disguised. Did the Quinns keep up with international sporting events, or did they consider themselves above such base entertainment?

"Ready."

His lip quirks at the sight of the Blaziken.

"You got mega evolution?"

He won't use his own if she can't but the reason for the question is made clear as his Lucario takes the field. Not the one he'd acquired in college and hidden from their parents in his closet, not the one who'd stood with him in Rocket, in war, against Necrozma, but a fairly uncomfortable specimen who nevertheless sports the flash of a keystone around its neck.

His other Pokemon is an odd-coloured Aegislash.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,704 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs gavin [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 22:41:06 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Unlike Gavin, Lulu wasn’t in disguise. Her parents wouldn’t have recognized her these days. Few in Galar would, and she took the risks, because it was just as likely with a new disguise as without.

Hiding was useless.

And, she didn’t figure her family cared enough to watch such a tournament.

Lulu grinned across from him at his recognition. A hand went up to grasp the small coin within her shirt, hanging from a tiny, but remarkably sturdy chain.

“Yup! Scared yet?”

Of course he wasn’t.

Steel-types were released—one of them a Lucario. Blaziken had battled more than one recently, such her own, and ’s.

“Blaziken: Go!”

Alakazam’s eyes glowed with FUTURE SIGHT, and Blaziken took the first move, running across the field and launching a FLAME BURST towards the Lucario.

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
lulu vs gavin [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 23:33:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Amber eyes gleam behind his sunglasses.

"You wish."

Lucario DETECTS the incoming threat from Blaziken and leaps clear of the flames, landing neatly behind the Aegislash whose steel shimmers under the effects of its SWORDS DANCE.

Gavin watches the Alakazam, suspicious of its apparent lack of activity.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,704 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs gavin [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 8:17:16 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Knowing the Lucario would be quick, Blaziken opted for AGILITY, focusing its power to increase its speed even more. While it did so, Alakazam focused on the Aegislash. A spoon was held out, and energy glowed around it and the powerful psychic-type.

PSYCHIC would attempt to hold the Aegislash to attempt to control its movements and raise it higher into the air, so its blades would not be an issue for the fighters on the ground.

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
lulu vs gavin [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 8:28:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Still in its SHIELD FORME due to not having attacked, Aegislash manages to resist the worst of the psychic influence upon it. The damage is minimal and the stalwart defender remains in its place, eerie eye blinking in the hilt of its blade.

It shimmers again, the SWORDS DANCE growing stronger.

Lucario COPIES the Alakazam's PSYCHIC assault, but it doesn't seek to hold anything in place. Instead, it rounds on the Blaziken with a challenging growl as it looks to invade the fighter's mind.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,704 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs gavin [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 8:45:53 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Blaziken was hit with the PSYCHIC attack, and faltered. The influence slowed it down, damaging the pokemon’s very psyche.

Alakazam decided to shift its focus to the Lucario, who was already causing too much trouble. PSYCHIC was then used again, this time attempting to hoist the jackal into the air just as it had the Aegislash (though it’d not been very successful).

With hope, it would be immobilized. Either way, Blaziken went for it, breaking the distance and throwing a SKY UPPERCUT towards the jackal’s chin.

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
lulu vs gavin [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 9:17:39 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Alakazam finds greater success against the Lucario; with no way to detect the incoming mental assault, the canine yelps as it's hauled into the air by some unseen force. Its head snaps back with the force of the uppercut but it looks to retaliate in kind with a DRAINING PUNCH before Blaziken can get back out of range.

As it's gone ignored in favour of its partner, Aegislash unsheathes its BLADE FORME.

Blaziken is busy with Lucario and Aegislash targets their other foe, a wicked slash of its blade hoping to deliver a fierce FURY CUTTER.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,704 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs gavin [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 6:21:37 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The Lucario’s speed proved effective despite the Alakazam’s PSYCHIC force. Before either pokemon could react, Blaziken was successfully hit with the DRAINING PUNCH, and knocked back into the ground, and finding itself already feeling surprisingly weary even from the single hit. Alakazam finally released hold of the jackal, letting it fall to the ground.

From where it had fallen to the ground, it launched a FLAME BURST in retaliation before straightening and leaping high and out of the way.

Not quick enough to evade, the Alakazam held up its spoon and a REFLECT flashed around it so that while it took the FURY CUTTER’s damage, it would be much more resilient next time.

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
lulu vs gavin [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 9:10:42 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Relentless in spite of the reflective barrier, Aegislash aims another FURY CUTTER toward the Alakazam.

Lucario, released from psychic imprisonment, lands on three of its four paws and growls as flames lick at its fur. The jackal COPIES its psychic foe, setting up a shimmering REFLECT of their own.

"How've you done so far in the tournament?"

Gavin lights up a cigarette as they watch their Pokemon spar.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,704 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs gavin [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 13:29:02 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu noted the cigarette. “Still smoking?” It was muttered rhetorically with a small smirk as she reached for one of her own, lighting it with the shing of silver.

His question caused her shoulders to tense a little, and her good mood fell. She hadn’t actually done all that well, and that was a bit embarrassing to admit.

After a long moment, she ended up much harder on herself than she probably should have been.

“Like shit, really.”

It hurt to say.

Oh, well. She was a scientist, right? This was for fun, and for research purposes...

Whatever.

This time, the Alakazam had anticipated the attack, was able to TELEPORT out of the way in time for the FURY CUTTER to find only empty air. Meanwhile, Blaziken’s MIRROR MOVE lashed out towards the Aegislash with matching ferocity.

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
lulu vs gavin [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 13:44:58 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Shit that's been going on, you really think I'd manage to quit?"

His dry tone rings more of humour than offense, at least to a fellow Quinn. A briny breeze scatters ashes from the tip of his cigarette as he lowers it from his lips.

He frowns when the Alakazam teleports out of danger, then shifts his attention back toward his sister upon noting her soured mood.

"Sport fighting's bullshit anyway," he says, low enough that only she can hear. "S'long as you can hold up in a real fight this is just for show. I'm only about fifty-fifty myself."

He was proud to say a lot of his losses had been to fellow Rockets.

With its chain broken, Aegislash opts to erect its KINGS SHIELD, swapping back to SHIELD FORME as the guard goes up. Lucario launches another DRAINING PUNCH toward the Blaziken.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,704 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs gavin [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 3:59:41 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu gave the smallest nod, as though to imply something along the lines of ‘good point’.

Amber eyes still never met her brother’s, still feeling some shame despite his words. His own score surprised her, but she remained stone-faced, still a bit sour, and said nothing of it.

“Yeah, I guess it’s fine.” Lulu was competitive. Maybe he’d never quite realized, as she’d mostly kept to herself as a child.

Blaziken was hit with a second DRAINING PUNCH, further weakening it. Lulu glanced at Gavin finally, and then reached for the coin at her chest, hitting a pin and activating the Blaziken’s MEGA EVOLUTION.

It then went in for a REVERSAL upon the Lucario, while Alakazam’s spoon began glowing to DISABLE one of the jackal’s moves.

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
lulu vs gavin [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 6:50:00 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Amber eyes meet, brief, and Gavin smirks as she activates her mega-stone.

He reaches up to pull the pin from his glasses, Lucario consumed in a halo of energy before it clashes with its mega-evolved opponent. Comparatively buffed in its new form, it DETECTS the incoming threat in time to dodge.

Unfortunately, Alakazam disables its defenses immediately after.

"Mm. Clever."

He's competitive, too, but Rocket has punished enough to keep his arrogance in check. It's pride that surfaces, in the little sister who's always struggled against him in battle. She's improved so much.

Aegislash activates a third and final SWORDS DANCE, blade sharpened to a dangerous point.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,704 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs gavin [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 8:09:37 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The clashing of Mega Lucario and Mega Blaziken inevitably reminded her of again. However, the thought was brief. She brushed it aside easily, attention in a chokehold by battle and family, and struggling pride.

Lulu said nothing in response, simply watching, and taking another drag from her cigarette coolly. Where he saw improvement, she still saw failure.

Progress meant little to her until success was reached—because there was never any guarantee she’d get there in the meantime. Until she was the best at something, she wasn’t good enough.

Perhaps in this realm of sport, she was doomed to be dissatisfied.

Her Alakazam’s eyes glowed with FUTURE SIGHT, staring down the buffed up Aegislash when perhaps it should have fled. Mega Blaziken went for another head-on collision with Lucario, fist pulling back for another SKY UPPERCUT.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing