4,454 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs oscar [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 23:41:52 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Even at the risk of damaging one, it felt fun to bring out one of her tools to battle Oscar. He’d seen this one enough. It had been one of the pokemon to help with their prototypes. It was time to take out some frustration, maybe. Or, at least, that was Lulu’s train of thought.

Its gears spun across in both directions as it levitated across the field, its red tank glowing brightly with energy. This one was the most aggressive of her lot—and she had a pretty impressive collection. It might’ve given him trouble in the lab a time or two, even.

“Recognize this one?”

She grinned across the field at him.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
lulu vs oscar [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 19:54:20 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar raised an eyebrow, surprised to see one of Lulu's klinklang making an appearance. He smiled at her inquiry, "Not that one in particular but it's good to see your boys get some work outside of the lab." Oscar cracked his knuckles before pulling a pokeball off of his belt. 

He opened it swiftly, releasing a large gliscor with the most devilish smile you'll ever see. This was Vlad, an old timer within Oscar's ranks. Don't let his age fool you though, this bat had a ton of experience under his hat. 

Oscar's smile shifted to a grin as he folded his arms. "I'll let you make the first move. Choose wisely, it takes only one mistake to hand Vlad a victory." Vlad chuckled, rubbing his claws together as he stood on his tail. He eagerly waited to see what his opponent had in store for him.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,454 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs oscar [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 22:31:03 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Oscar’s concern was a reasonable one, if it was genuine. The Klinklang existed within Lulu’s space as a sort of power farm. They were for utility purposes only. It was easy to mistake one for another, if not for their perhaps cruelly laser-engraved labels.

An old bat was thrown out in front of her and Lulu genuinely smiled. “You know, I have a lot of bats now!” Roaming the night so much, and all. Plus, the bat beacon was working splendidly.

Vlad.

“Okay. GEAR GRIND.”

The gears separated all at once, and carved through the air in arcs from different directions, all towards the Gliscor in the air.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
lulu vs oscar [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 17:52:31 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Vlad stood still, allowing the gears to fly toward him. Several would land their mark, grinding against the thick hide of the snickering bat. It waited patiently for one particular piece to grown near: the center gear with the red node. As it came close, Vlad would suddenly lurch forward and slam his claw toward it with incredible force (Sky Uppercut).

If he succeeded the other gears would be left briefly without their gravitational center, which would hopefully leave them open to some retaliation for the pain they were currently delivering onto Vlad's body.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,454 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs oscar [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 4:46:21 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu stood in surprise at the bat’s counter. The Klinklang’s center suddenly cracked, the edge of it glowing ominously. That couldn’t be good.

She watched as the rest of the gears were thrown to their own directions, suddenly seeming a bit of sync.

Whether it was intentional or not, a powerful DISCHARGE struck out from its dented and cracked core.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
lulu vs oscar [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 21:47:22 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Vlad chuckled as the electricity crackled across his skin, rendered useless by his sturdy Ground typing. As the individual gears flew off, Vlad wasted no time in hunting down his next target. The one with eyes; if he could disable it the klinklang would be in some dire trouble when it reassembled itself. 

It glided toward his prey, fangs glistening as he outstretched his claws. When in range, he would flap harshly, spinning his body around in a complete circle. His tail curved like a whip, surging with power as Vlad attempted to smash it into his target (Aqua Tail).

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,454 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs oscar [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 1:22:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The AQUA TAIL served to further damage the core of the Klinklang. It glowed even more ominously from the cracks, and although it would be similarly ineffective, an ELECTRIC TERRAIN surged outward from its damaged body. It seemed that it could not control itself at this point.

The rest of it used SHIFT GEAR, although the trajectories were all off as they worked isolated and haphazardly. If anything, they’d become just as troublesome for themselves as for their opponent, if not more so, as they would eventually clang together in a violent collision.

Lulu’s watched, wide-eyed at the turn of events. This should have not left the lab, she realized.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
lulu vs oscar [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 4:49:53 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
As the chaos grew, Vlad would float away from the scattered gears. He would rest his chin on one of his claws, contemplating whether or not he should continue his current tactics. They were working, but the fight would be over too soon if he kept it up like this. He decided to wait, watching the gears patiently. 

Oscar scratched his head, "Hey Vlad you okay? You're doing pretty good so far, what's up?" Vlad didn't move, he simply waited for the gears to recover and collect themselves. Oscar shrugged, folding his arms as he chose to observe and see what happened next

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,454 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs oscar [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 4:57:57 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu was tempted to return the mess of a Klinklang, but Oscar seemed to want to continue, encouraging his stalling pokemon to go ahead—end it.

The scientist watched carefully, wondering if the mechanical pokemon would recover.

Thankfully, while brutally damaging itself, it seemed that the collision had knocked some sense into it. In unison, suddenly, finally, GEAR GRIND was performed again towards the bat in hopes to do something.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
lulu vs oscar [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 5:23:19 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Vlad grinned, happy to see the Klingklang back in working order. Now that it had recovered however, he wasn't intending on holding back. You only ever get one respite in a fight with Vlad.

The ground beneath him began to shake, chunks of rocks suddenly being pulled around Vlad as he chuckled menacingly. He would gather the earth around him, charging power before flinging his projectiles toward his charging opponent (Earth Power). The wily bat raised an eyebrow, eager to see how the Klinklang would react.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,454 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs oscar [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 5:46:23 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The Klinklang was hit with EARTH POWER, rocks flying in from overhead out of nowhere to knock the gears off course once again.

“Well, shit.” Lulu muttered, a small laugh bubbling from her chest. There were few battles she hadn’t minded losing—this would be one of them, considering what she’d brought to the table for funsies.

The rocks grinded gears together and they let out a loud SCREECH.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
lulu vs oscar [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 3:23:20 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Vlad chuckled as the gears made a horrid racket, while Oscar winced and covered his ears. It was like nails against a chalk board, only the nails were metal and the chalk board was also metal. Oscar looked to Vlad, who seemed content to just watch and wait for the gears to recover yet again. 

"Hey Vlad? Fun is fun but maybe we should wrap this up? I think you might go overboard if we don't finish soon." Vlad looked to his master, seemingly unimpressed with his suggestion. Oscar turned his gaze to Lulu, giving her a face that read 'back me up here'. The last thing they needed was a dead Klingklang--another one I mean.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,454 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs oscar [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 3:33:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu was grateful for Oscar’s good call. “Say no more.” She held up a ball and the Klinklang was returned. “Maybe wasn’t such a good idea, after all.”

She cleared her throat. She’d be teleporting to the sub, soon, to recover it from its damages—hopefully.

“Fun, though, yeah!”

Nearing, she drew a cigarette and lit it.

“How’s the tournament going for you so far?”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
lulu vs oscar [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 3:45:08 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Lulu caught on to Oscar's not-so-subtle hints and withdrew the suffering klinklang. He was relieved, but Vlad was clearly disgruntled. He shot Oscar a mean look, to which Oscar reacted by raising his arms. "Hey don't look at me, you're the one that went ham on it."

Vlad let out a huff, making a circular motion with his claw. Usually that meant 'we'll talk about this later'. That was as good of a reaction that Oscar could hope for, so he withdrew Vlad without further incident. Oscar exhaled, Vlad sure was a handful.

Lulu approached, asking about the tournament so far. Oscar shrugged, "I haven't been taking it too seriously. Mostly using it as an excuse to get a gauge on different battle styles. How about you?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,454 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lulu vs oscar [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 3:55:07 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Not great.” She took a drag of her cigarette, crossing an arm, and thinking a moment. “Maybe you could help me.” had taken care of her fists, but she’d yet to find a consistent battling coach.

Another moment.

“Give it a bit, though. Think I’ll stay in the labs for a while.” This tournament had already been tiring—and little did she know, it was only going to get worse from there.

Her eyes went up to the Noivern.

“I’ve got a lot of bats now.”

“I ought to show you the beacon. Bet Vlad would like it.”