1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Keep Both Hands Above the Waist (S)
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 13:49:06 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

His voice was a swaggering tremor, upsetting the silence between them. It could have been his mind playing tricks on him, but the moments she articulated by being pensive was become more and more frequent.

It seemed all work no Game, made Cait's days plain. Or so he was guilt-ing himself to think as much.

She didn't want him under League's thumb, even in appearances.

Taking a semi-seasonal assignment in Kanto; he'd never felt so much like he stabbed her in the back.

It was all he could do to soothe the wound by spending every waking moment with her on the phone when they both could.

"You will love Lumiose. 5-Star Restaurants. Cobblestone boulevards with super-wide roads."

As of late, sneaking away from Hoenn for a vacation was the seed he planted unto her mind.

"Afternoon Carriage-rides by Gogoat. A slow drift along the city canal at dusk. Dinner at the base of Prism Tower." Despite her heavy seasickness he still wagered she would risk it for the picturesque views. "I defy you cook up a better getaway than that."

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 18:22:49 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she curled up on their bed, her phone's settings set to speaker as its dim screen illuminated a portion of their thoroughly shadow drenched room. the young woman relished the moment spent hearing his voice, but she still missed him terribly. 

'at least he's with his family,' she thought.

but he belonged with her - in her home - and in her bed. there was a gaping hole where his presence should be, but she busied herself with work during the daily hours. of course she held her tongue on the issue during their conversations, aware that his work was of grave import to the region. 

'it doesn't help that i've been feeling off lately.' 

's warning message came to mind, the woman fearing that the abnormalities that came with her bond was rearing its ugly head. that too was kept tightly under wraps, the woman nervously awaiting the results from an examination taken only two days prior. 

"how's jūken, gan and the others doing? are they eating okay?"

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 18:54:54 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Skipping over his prompts for a romantic getaway wasn't enough to get him to drop the idea but it wasn't anything to press for now.

Instead he focused on her breathing, her inflections, every nuance in her vocals come to bear he listened for.

As much as he enjoyed being back in his home region, he knew where the heart of his duties lied. Being appointed Ambassador gave him more arms to push his own means but there was a time and place for that and now it was just about time to be getting back to her.

Leaving her alone was a last resort.

"Everyone's fine. Jū's been examining the auras of every living thing he's never seen before. -and Gan, well I caught two more Ditto so he's a bit riled up but it'll pass." Ditto were notorious for liking everything but other ditto.

"How've you been sleeping?"

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 21:42:45 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"i've been sleeping okay."

she paused before answering the question, roughly several seconds of silence allowed to linger between the distant pair.

"
i was a little sick earlier. but i took some medicine for it."

her voice lowered to an almost barely perceptible murmur. she didn't feel like lying was the correct decision when it came to speaking with sénon, so she surrendered only a portion of the truth.

"
been working myself a little too hard lately.

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 23:19:17 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Every lapse of their communication rhythm was a red flag but he trusted Cait enough to believe she wasn't hiding anything so much as holding back.

Trying not to burden him, or maybe not to burden herself.

The fact she was still sleeping at all was a good sign and doing it without any issues was an even better sign. He expected nothing less given the pokémon he left to watch over her night's while he was away.

Heatran was to guard the perimeter, or at least sit there and look dangerous. Haunter was to guard the cabin; quietly. Klefi, was to guard Cait herself by staying on her person at all times.
He even left Babysaur () to watch over old Bulba.

"What kind of sick?" As if he would let such a tidbit of information pass by without breaking it down further. Of course he was mindful not to stress her; his tone was one seeking clarity, not laying down suspicions.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 11:03:10 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

once again there was another brief pause, the time spent contemplating an appropriate answer to his inquiry. aware of her own slip up, she shifted - the sound of her loose pajamas sliding against the fabric of her sheets somewhat audible.

"nothing to worry about," she said. "
i went to a doctor a few days ago just to make sure everything's fine. they're doing bloodwork and i'm honestly a little worried about the results."

there was a solid chance she'd receive them the next day over. 

"
it's basically just been some queasiness and a little fatigue. but i blame that partially on the recent heat wave."  

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 11:27:21 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

He had been bothered to hear Hoenn was heating up quite absurdly, it was the only reason not to go back.

A heat wave could have been the catalyst of her symptoms but there was another possibility that screamed at him.

It was his go-to answer so Cait would probably brush it off and confirm that she'd already tested negative.

"Are you sure you're not pregnant?"

It always made him feel so smugly proud to suspend that possibility in the air between them.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 12:51:03 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she blinked.

"no?"

there was underlying uncertainty in her tone of voice. 

"
i got a test done around two weeks before you left, i think."

cait crunched the numbers in her head and also took in the fact that her implant had a high probability of preventing any unplanned offspring.

"
and it's been... about three or four weeks since you left? hm."

admittedly, the young woman hadn't checked for a while, confident that she needn't concern herself with an accidental mishap. 

"
i don't think i am but i could check. it'll take a couple of minutes, though.

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 19:13:30 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Uh-oh. "Uhhh Cai." The admission of her testing before he left for Kanto was good evidence she wasn't pregnant but his face twisted into a wince to have to be the one to give her the 'bad' news.

"Its been more like seven weeks." She really was working a lot if she misjudged the timing. New job directly with Silph Co., her bethrothed across the sea and an ever growing legion of pokémon to tend to. It made sense she'd lost track of time.

That meant she hadn't been pregnancy tested in over eight weeks and he recalled the morning he left for Kanto being a particularly charged session.

At two months pregnant even a tiny thing like Cait wouldn't necessarily be showing, but how long did it take for morning sickness to settle in?

● tags:
● notes: its six; six weeks to 'settle in'

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 19:30:54 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

"i doubt i'm expecting, baby."

reluctantly she forced herself to stand, her body feeling slightly sore from the day's labor. her phone remained in her grasp as she unhurriedly made her way into her bathroom. cait reached into the cabinet, retrieving the half-emptied box containing the unused pregnancy tests.

"
i'll be right back.

she muted herself, did her business and deposited the piece of plastic onto the sink. once her hands were washed, she'd unmute herself.

"
it should be ready in a little while."

a smidge of paranoia hit, as she lifted her top to reveal the freckled flesh of her belly. cait stomach had changed, but she had simply blamed that on being a bit more ravenous as of late. she turned to take in her side profile, squinting at her image as she talked.

"
huh."

the woman pressed her hand against a slightly bulging expanse of flesh, only now acknowledging that there was a firmness there.

"
oh.

'i'm a fucking idiot.'

"
oh, shit!

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 19:44:58 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Pleased with himself for being able to count he didn't even notice Cait had muted the phone.

"Yeah 'cause you know. Zac Ramsay and 'Tapu Bolo' ain't got nothing on me." He chuckled at the thought of it. "Most fertile man in all the land. I told you I'd have that implant of yours working overtime."

He'd never tell Cait he actually fancied himself a bit of a comedian and was constantly testing out new bits on her.

He scratched absent-minded at his chest, waxing poetic about the inevitability of his swimmers eventually reaching fertile soil. "I was actually born swimming towards an egg you know? So my boys are like instinctual egg hunters. If I even walk past a group of exeggcute I start to get an ache down there."

● tags: ,
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 19:57:56 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she panicked a little as she raised the test, squinting at it as a positive faded into view. it only confirmed what she already knew at this point, sénon's voice serving as the background noise as she leaned heavily against the cabinet and breathed.

this wasn't suppose to happen.

not yet, at least. 

cait nibbled on her unpainted bottom lip, her mind racing through what would likely occur in the coming days. 

'i need to remove the implant.'

it'd be unsafe to keep it in her. which meant she'd have to contact her doctor come morning - have it removed as quickly as possible - and then figure out everything else.  

"
it's i i - you just worry about your mission in kanto," she said, haltingly. "i'll deal with this on my own for now. you won't be gone that long anyways."

she was thankful he wasn't here, surprisingly enough. it allowed her to contemplate her present circumstances by her lonesome. cait needed to plan, inform a few select people of her condition whilst preparing for the inevitably of bringing someone new into the world.

'on the cusp of an all-out war and this happens,' she gripes, inwardly.

"
why now?"

she heaved an audible sigh, running a hand over her face.  

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 20:09:41 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

"-and then I just never told anybody about it. Better safe than sorry." Not until he finished his story did he realize the phone had been devoid of even white noise and background sounds.

Was she done with her test already?

"Hello... Cait? Did you take the test?" With her phone still muted he couldn't hear anything but realizing he'd been talking to himself the last few minutes he started to grow suspicious which again, he undercut with comedy.

"You're not strumming those 'guitar strings' over there without me are you?"

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 20:36:45 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"arceus."

realizing her error, she moved to unmute him by jabbing her finger at the icon.

'ok. what do i do now?' 

she could tell him now or wait until he came back before sharing the news. 

'i don't want him to worry about me while he's working overseas. but that doesn't change the fact that he has the right to know."

"
it was positive," she stated, plainly. 

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 0:24:37 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

His dropped the comedy routine the moment he heard the words but Cait had a sense of humor herself.

Corroboration was required to navigate this potential minefield of a moment.

"Show me." his voice was calmed, restrained and trying to hide its own anticipation.

Staring at his phone screen he waited for the notification of a picture-text. Rather than begin to get worked up over details that weren't proverbially etched in stone yet, he cleared his mind.

Somewhere in the pit of his gut he didn't think Cait was fucking around but until she sent the picture, it wasn't real.

● tags:
● notes: