2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
Keep Both Hands Above the Waist (S)
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 1:18:07 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

he wanted a picture and she didn't blame him. so cait grabbed hold of her device, her hands trembling slightly as she angled it to capture a simple photo of the pregnancy test. without preamble, she sent it, the sound of her movement all that could be heard. 

"..."

she allowed him to contemplate the image once it was delivered, removing herself from the bathroom with her phone within her grasp. cait immediately retrieved her laptop from her nightstand's drawer, intending to make an emergency appointment. a strange numbness latched on, her emotions broiling beneath, but the shock of her condition stalling all else.

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 0:13:19 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

The moment stretched out before him in such abstract ways as he waited for the confirmation message, the proof a life-skewing moment. The social event horizon beyond which nothing mattered more than the little life you created.

His stomach twisted into knots and the pores on his face opened to perspire.

So many thoughts moments and possibilities ran through his mind at such speeds time seconds seemed to be passing by slower.

It was almost the same as being in that endless spacial void, Dialga staring him down, imposing its will on his temporal crash.

While that one profound moment ended up having no effect on his life at all, as he stared down at Cait's photo it seemed this one would. ". . . ."

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 14:39:16 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

it was unfortunate that this hadn't been planned. such a moment should be a happy one, but only trepidation was felt. with rocket at their door, she feared for their safety. cait hoped their family - both the pokemon and the human compotents - would be safe. the woman was aware that they could potentially be overtaken if swarmed by the nefarious gang. 

as she scheduled a next day appointment, she paused to pressed her hand against her stomach.

sénon was understandably quiet on his end of the line and she pondered over his expression. was he upset? pleased? disappointed? neither of them intended for this to happen, after all, so the blame couldn't be placed squarely upon their shoulders. 

'i suppose we could have used an extra layer of protection.'

she bit her lip, deciding not to contemplate the decisions that had led to this moment. 

"we'll be fine," she assured.

'if arceus is kind.' 

she reached for the klefki currently settled around her wrist, the sentient being bring her a strange comfort.

"
i'll have your haunter and my gengar take me to my appointment. and once the implant's safely removed, i'll look into prenatal care.

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 4:53:44 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Cait's voiced willed him back from his ponderous eternity back into real time.

They were standing on the precipice of a moment that would echo throughout their history forever. Even now he could hear Cait telling their daughter about the first thing he said when he found out they were officially expecting.

Cait was putting on a brave 'face' and he didn't deny her strength, but he was also aware she needed to be reassured.

She needed to know she hadn't done anything wrong and she wasn't in this alone.

"I'm coming home."

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 19:12:58 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she visibly sagged and released a harsh exhale. the flood of relief that came in the aftermath of his proclamation triggered such a reaction. because while she accepted that she could handle this particular 'snag' by her lonesome, it didn't necessarily mean she wanted to. cait desperately wanted sénon here so she could press herself against his solid weight and weep. she'd give almost anything to just have him hold her - but a combination of sea and land separated them. 

"..."

the woman rubbed at her face, her eyes beginning to burn as the laptop nearly tipped off her lap. the appointment was already made, the device closed and pushed aside. senon's klefki released a noise that resembled a chirp, her fingers quickly moving to gently caress the sentient accessory. the fairy quieted as she sucked in a calming breath, her eyes slipping shut.

she was thankful he left little pieces of himself behind in the form of his pokemon. it made the separation somewhat tolerable. 

"
the league won't mind? how soon will you be back?"

cait didn't bother disguising the eagerness - and the desperation - that oozed from her voice. 

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 0:23:50 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Good question. Most of what he'd come to do, he'd done.

He was waiting for a final few documents to be drafted up and signed but it was all standard renewals and he'd already shown up in person they could send for a digital signature when they were ready for him.

"There are no freighters leaving for Hoenn until next week. So I could be home a week after.  Or. . ." An alternative came to mind but he doubted Cait would take the bait.

"-I can take the S.S. Aqua to Olivine City and meet you in Johto." Not unless he really sold it to her; sneaking in a little getaway before they had to start actually taking action as confirmed expecting parents. "My cousin can pick you up in Lilycove tonight and bring you overnight." @utah was always tweaking that damn helicopter of hers, it was never not in top condition for more than a day.

Actually it was a solid, spur-of-the-moment idea. "I can show you the Lake of Rage where Ranton was born. You can show me the Bell and Bronze Towers." He actually wanted to hear her gush about the once-roosting places of Ho-oh and Lugia.

Aside from tickling her interests his tone promised her kisses and affections, new memories and his heat at her side.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 17:49:17 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

his offer was a tempting one. that particular route would lead to them both away from hoenn - away from home - and back into each others arms. she almost said 'no', but found the idea of a vacation far too pleasant to deny. 

"i'll pack a ten day bag," she said. "
after i get this implant removed. it's not safe for the - "

it was a strange thing to say 'baby'.

"
- it's just not safe. but afterwards i'll make my way to lilycove."

that would also give her time to inform her pokemon, make sure her chores were properly covered and mull over her present circumstance.

"
i should get some sleep," she said. "it's going to be a busy day tomorrow."   

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 7:22:52 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

It was a tiny bit of a cut for her to pull away seemingly seeking some slumber.

He couldn't blame her, a lot had just happened in the last two minutes.

Peeing on a stick told her she was expecting. No doctor to confirm but the sticks were right more often than not.

Weren't they?

Questions for another time, best to look it up online. From here on, Cait would need as much rest as possible.

"If I wasn't clear about this." He cleared his throat like it was full of literal doubt, leaving nothing in his voice but reassurance and conviction. "There ain't no getting rid of me now." He was sure she could feel him smiling through the phone.

His voice cut down from teasing to warm... "I love you Cai..." then lovingly stern. "I want you on that helicopter by tomorrow night."

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 17:55:53 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

her eyes began to sting again at the declaration.

"i love you too."

that tremble within her voice was an obvious one, her vocal chords strained by a fresh surge of emotion. she wanted to stay on the line for a while longer, but she physically and mentally exhausted. the news in combination with having worked for hours in the heat moments before - 

"
i love you so much," she murmured, softly.

he was a gift from arceus, brought to her upon the wings of chance. soon he'd be back and everything could return to normal. 

'as normal as they can possibly be given the circumstances.'

but despite their uncertain future, she wanted nothing more in that moment than to return to his side in the coming days. 

"
and i'll see you tomorrow night."

[ end thread ] 

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 2:48:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: