Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Fern vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 23:05:52 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

She wasn't a fan of the man Fernando. That much was clear, Kaida thought. A face was unreadable to her, but she never stopped trying to read it herself...and with that man, she couldn't read anything, nor shake the feeling she was being studied for some nebulous reason...needless to say, "dislike" was an understatement.

So why was she about to battle said man? She wasn't sure. Maybe it would be fun to win such a thing.

Indunn Flower Shield, Leech Seed, Magical Leaf, Aromatherapy, Floral Healing, Growth.
Odinson Roar, Discharge, Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Shock Wave, Electric Terrain.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fern vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 23:36:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FERN VS KAIDA

A TEST OF DUOS

FERNANDO SITS SOMEWHERE BETWEEN SCOFFING AND A SMILE.

Oh, it’s you.

He only recognizes her from her claim to fame. The events of Oldale town have etched her name into his mind. While hasn’t had the opportunity to bag her for experimentation on his own, the whole circumstance for her survival interests him greatly.

Adachi.

Eight Pokeballs rest on the left side of his twin belts. Fernando noticeably takes two from his right side, the last ones, as his Pokemon of choice.

I don’t have much left but this should be good enough.

Foongus and Spinda make up the only two Pokemon Fernando still has at battle capacity. While not as impressive as his core team both Pokemon possess a slew of tools to test trainers and their skill level.

How many badges do you have?

Business before pleasure. Unlike the other Gym Leaders, Fernando’s holds himself to the line of duty. Scouting talented trainers and notating them appropriately comes first.

Should the chance appear outside the tournament, maybe then he’ll bully her into submission. For now, she finds safety underneath the tournament’s umbrella.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Fern vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 0:07:25 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

I don’t have much left but this should be good enough.

Already on the field, Odinson howled, echoing the outrage felt by all of Kaida's self, but she nonetheless answered Fernando's question, clipped and angry, "Three. Not much time to battle friendly people." It was in truth, a show of power was useless when everybody was busy fighting for their lives.

She whistled to her Pokemon, speaking softly, "Hunt careful." She might not be paying as much attention to the battle if she was talking. Bristling with Intimidation, Odinson raised up on his hind legs, slamming down to produce a crackling Electric Terrain. Hanging so close as to be mistaken for the Luxray's necklace, Indunn waved his tail, launching a Leech Seed towards the dopey looking Spinda.

"Not many people are interested in how strong I am...only experience." It seemed logical, a Ranger's worth was in how well they dealt with situations, not how many Pokemon they defeated in battle.

Luxray uses Electric Terrain! Comfey uses Leech Seed on Spinda!

Indunn Flower Shield, Leech Seed, Magical Leaf, Aromatherapy, Floral Healing, Growth.
Odinson Roar, Discharge, Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Shock Wave, Electric Terrain.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fern vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 0:23:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FERN VS KAIDA

A TEST OF DUOS

LUXRAY’S INTIMIDATION ONLY WORKS ON POKEMON. Fernando doesn’t so much as flinch as the Pokemon howls. He merely nods at Kaida’s comment, more situated on how he’s going to tackle their battle than anything else.

An ELECTRIC TERRAIN narrows down his choices. Fernando can’t make the call to dodge the LEECH SEED before it lands either. Even if he did, the Spinda is much to slow to evade the projectile. So, instead, he goes on the offensive.

RAGE POWDER. TEETER DANCE.

The Foongus shakes, releasing numerous spores of RAGE POWDER into the air. Just breathing these in will cause both Pokemon to focus on the Foongus. It’s almost parasitic, forcing them to attack it instead of its partner.

Which gives the Spinda enough time to swaddle on its own special dance. Its presence alone is enough to CONFUSE everyone present, no exceptions.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Fern vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 0:36:31 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

As Rage Powder and Teeter Dance make their nefarious effects known, Kaida knew she had completely lost control of her Pokemon's actions. Odinson trembled in impotent rage, barely able to stay on his feet as he shaked himself out in frustration...and flung Indunn away, where the little Comfey squeaked as it smacked into the ground, unable to act.

Electricity crackled from both the ground and the feline Pokemon, until it roared, overly frustrated at its inability to pounce at that infuriating mushroom. An explosion of Discharge boomed from the Luxray, totally uncontrolled but, as Kaida ducked away from the curling lightning, she praised the Luxray's rage. A fine enough attack, given everything!

Luxray uses Discharge! Comfey hurts itself in its confusion!

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fern vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 4:11:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FERN VS KAIDA

A TEST OF DUOS

AN ELECTRIC PULSE SCATTERS OVER THE BATTLEFIELD. They zap both of Fernando’s Pokemon indiscriminately, leaving burn marks where lightning meets flesh. The Foongus seems unaffected for the most part, barely a mark on its rubbery stem. Unfortunately, his Spinda can’t say the same, PARALYZED in place as it still finds a way to sway on one foot.

At this point, the Comfey seems like less of a threat so both Pokemon focus their attention on the much more menacing Luxray.

TOXIC!

Fernando’s Foongus puffs up before expelling a stream of vile poison. His Spinda follows shortly after, pausing as its muscles cramp, before charging in with DOUBLE EDGE.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Fern vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 21:50:26 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Still raging and confused, Odinson had no way to dodge either attack, stumbling and rocking wildly as it shot off another blast of electricity, though the smaller Shock Wave rather than a helpful Discharge.

Kaida noticed movement in the corner of her eyes, and hurriedly called out to the flowery serpent as he shifted, "Indunn! Help Odinson!" Confusion was being blinked out of his eyes, it seemed the slam into the ground had knocked the Comfey's senses back, and he hurried to the Luxray's side, flowers glowing with Floral Healing that it blessed the big cat with.

Luxray uses Shock Wave on Foongus! Comfey recovere and uses Floral Healing on Luxray!

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fern vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 22:05:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FERN VS KAIDA

A TEST OF DUOS

ELECTRIC TINGLES RATTLE BOTH OF FERNANDO’S POKEMON. The constant shock becoming numbing their second time around. To the point that the Spinda seizes up, unable to move. The PARALYSIS comes in just in time to let the Comfey aid its fellow Luxray uncontested.

Foongus however rattles its hand before launching several SPORES at the duo. The Luxray might be in too much pain from the POISON to fall asleep but the same cannot be said for the Comfey.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Fern vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 22:39:18 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

The two Pokemon had left the Electric Terrain, and thus as the Spores swept over them, Indunn suddenly fell, asleep. In turn, Odinson couldn't find more pain, and wouldn't fall to sleepiness while poisoned. Light was starting to return to the cat's eyes, so Kaida called out hopefully, "Odinson! Bite hard!"

A signal for a big attack, the Luxray thankfully responded, crying out and blasting a Discharge around the battlefield. So close, it might hit the asleep Comfey, but the attack was deemed necessary.

Luxray uses Discharge! Comfey is asleep!

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fern vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 7:12:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FERN VS KAIDA

A TEST OF DUOS

SHE CALLS FOR A BITE BUT IT RESPONDS WITH ANOTHER ELECTRIC ATTACK. Fernando finds himself momentarily thrown off by the discord between codewords and actions. But that only lasts for a split second as he calls out a counter command.

PSYBEAM. Foongus, SYNTHESIS.

The Spinda is thrown back by the DISCHARGE, struggling to push itself back upright as it twirls its hand in Luxray’s direction. A neon multi-colored beam fires from its furred fist, a potent PSYBEAM set straight on the Luxray.

His Foongus shakes off the electrical daze, concentrating as it starts to perform a SYNTHESIS to regrow damaged issues.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Fern vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 16:10:11 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

The Discharge hits as expected, and Kaida mumbled a quick apology under her breath as her Comfey is jolted awake. She didn't know if the Leech Seed was still active, but the Comfey still looked ready to go. In contrast, as Odinson was jolted back by another attack, the Luxray was weakening, even with the heal. So be it, he should at least take out another Pokemon before he falls.

As the Foongus tried to heal, she called out, "Both of you! Hunt Foongus!" The beast and healer both looked to the little mushroom, and launched their respective attacks, a crackling Shock Wave and a mythical looking Magical Leaf.

Luxray uses Shock Wave on Foogus! Comfey uses Magical Leaf on Foongus!

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fern vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 5:41:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FERN VS KAIDA

A TEST OF DUOS

THEIR COMBINED ATTACKS INTERRUPTS THE SYNTHESIS. Foongus is never able to heal itself, repeatedly battered by the electric tingles and flurry of MAGICAL LEAVES. But the damage is far from destructive. They’re painful but lack the potency to knock the Pokemon out.

INGRAIN!

Fernando calls out for another recovery move. He changes to INGRAIN due to the speed of the attack. Roots extend from the Foongus’ stem and it immediately digs itself into place. It’ll draw nutrients from the plant life but not to the same degree SYNTHESIS would. It’s an exchange of being able to finish one action versus the raw value of another.

His Spinda nears the Luxray again, swaying as it tries to land a clumsy DIZZY PUNCH onto the large feline.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Fern vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 17:54:16 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

There was nothing more to do but fight the uphill battle, truly. Anticipating an order from Kaida, Indunn twirled in midair, bestowing a Floral Healing upon Odinson before the electric feline could fall from too much damage...the Comfey didn't look so hot anymore, however, as the Luxray instinctively set off yet another Discharge, the explosion of lightning hitting all around it.

Kaida noted with exasperation how Indunn suddenly moved jerkily, the hit from Discharge having Paralyzed the fairy.

Luxray uses Discharge! Accidently paralyzes Comfey! Comfey uses Floral Healing on Luxray!

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fern vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 18:15:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FERN VS KAIDA

A TEST OF DUOS

FRIENDLY FIRE IS AN UNFORTUNATE CIRCUMSTANCE OF DOUBLE BATTLES. The Luxray’s uncanny ability to sweep the field with its attacks is one that proves both an advantage and dampens her ability to win. For all the pain it dishes out, so too will the Comfey fall victim to the lightning’s wrath.

The rest of the battle follows the same format. Fernando’s Spinda is the first to fall. Comfey’s LEECH SEED as well as its FLORAL HEALING allows Kaida’s Pokemon to survive the war of attrition. Felled to a single Pokemon, the Foongus succumbs to their combined efforts.

Fernando recalls his Pokemon with little in the ways of an expression. Only the sound of a mild clap shows any indignation of the battle’s results.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

He considers making a comment about her not putting her second life to waste but he decides against it. Instead, he scoffs as his fingers digs into his pocket to fumble out a badge.

Keep it up and work hard. We need strong and capable trainers for the things to come.”

He gestures a throwing motion to prepare her before tossing her the SILPH BADGE with a light underhanded throw.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
Fern vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 2:05:02 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]H✩T BATTLE INCOMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: