1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Summer Battle Solstice 04 (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 0:16:49 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

By now his shirt had long since been removed and left draping around his neck like a makeshift bandana drenched with the sweat of today's efforts.

He finally started to get a little thirsty but more than water it was victory he wanted to taste first.

As a ranger, he ignored the heat and the sweat and the thirst. Someone was coming and he had another match.

"Here come's a new challenger."

● tags:
● notes: (H✩T) 04.01

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 13:51:32 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
[attr="class","gold"]words
[attr="class","gold"]notes
ulla
[attr="class","sun"]One by One
I'm addicted to the panic
It was a fresh day of battling for Amor, he had been taken it a bit leisurely today, dressed in his usual black Kalosian suit, with Adontis, his Pichu, perched on his shoulder he walked up to the arena, and when he told the announcer he stepped up to the plate. Across from him was a man with fiery hair, and he was well built like he worked out every day. His hair was longish as well, but he looked as if the heat was slowly killing him. Amor wondered if perhaps they should postpone their battle for a few moments so he could at least get something to drink, but he wasn't sure if that would offend the other guy. Some guys had that misplaced sense of pride, so he didn't ask.

"I do hope you don't die on me before the battle ends..." There was a hint of concern in his voice, but how the other interpreted it was out of his control. Holding up a Pokeball he tossed it into the air, and released the Dragon he would be using for this battle. "Vitra you're up!" he let loose his Goodra, and in a flash of light it was standing up on his side of the arena. Though he could definitely cool the fight down when it began, he would see how his opponent responded. The likely was an ice, or fairy type of some sort which would be problematic, but not impossible to deal with .

[newclass=.gold]background-color:#fff;padding:2px;border-left:#9463c9 10px solid;font-family:century gothic;font-size:10px;color:#693a9b;width:120px;margin-top:10px;opacity:0;transition: 1s all;text-align:left;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dust]-webkit-filter: grayscale(1); filter: grayscale(1);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sun]-webkit-filter: grayscale(1); filter: grayscale(1);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .dust]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0); filter: grayscale(0);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .gold]opacity:1;transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .sun]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0); filter: grayscale(0);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign ::-webkit-scrollbar]background-color:#fff;width:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color:#666;width:1px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=La Belle Aurore]
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 23:32:40 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

If you were having a battle tournament in the dead-heat of a tropical summer, the beach was the place to do it.

Even now from the shoreline Sénon waded slightly into the water; the tips of the tides keeping him cool as the water came as high as his shins. He couldn't possibly have looked so heatstroked that someone had to call him out on it.

Was this guy being an ass or was he actually concerned? Even if he was being empathetic...

What good was concern without action to substantiate it?

Furrowing his brows at the mans words Sénon felt underestimated. Rather than lash out, he pulled a pokéball from his belt.

"You know what they say about 'what doesn't kill us'." Tossing the ball into the water called in Sénon's battle proxy and it bore the same furrowed brows its trainer did.

● tags:
● notes: (H✩T) 04.02

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 9:39:32 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
ulla
His opponent waded into the water, and tossed his own Pokeball into the air releasing a Kingdra. It was a Pokemon Amor was familiar with, since he had one of his own. Though he was curious as to how this one differed from his own, and what training methods the man used in order to help it grow stronger. All questions for another day, right now they had a battle to focus on, and Vitra was raring to go. Of course this was going to be an interesting matchup, but he figured they would manage one way or the other, there were many tough opponents here as well. Though they were all ones that would help him reach new heights of that he was sure.

At the mans comment of 'What doesn't kill us.' Amor simply nodded, yes he knew that saying all to well, he thought it was stupid, because if it didn't kill you, it could still leave you maimed, severely injured or the like. However the sentiment remained the same, and seeing as how the man hadn't taken the first move, Amor thought he would help himself to it. Though he remembered how rude he had been towards Liam King when he had sort of just jumped the man from seemingly nowhere. Of course he was trying to do better than then, but it was still hard. When battling was concerned his blood just started pumping.

"I see...That is fair, well then I hope you don't mind me taking the first move?" He stated curiously, it was typical courtesy to ask who went first, so until then, he would have Vitra on standby. Trying to be more courteous to his opponents than he had in his first few days, he didn't realize that his earlier words about the heatstroke might have offended the man in any way. Seemingly oblivious to it all.

[newclass=.gold]background-color:#fff;padding:2px;border-left:#9463c9 10px solid;font-family:century gothic;font-size:10px;color:#693a9b;width:120px;margin-top:10px;opacity:0;transition: 1s all;text-align:left;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dust]-webkit-filter: grayscale(1); filter: grayscale(1);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sun]-webkit-filter: grayscale(1); filter: grayscale(1);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .dust]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0); filter: grayscale(0);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .sun]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0); filter: grayscale(0);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign ::-webkit-scrollbar]background-color:#fff;width:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color:#666;width:1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 19:12:23 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

His brows only relaxed just enough for his face to contort in a different way; suspiciously squinting eyes.

"I can't tell if you're being a prick or not." It was true; there was something about his words that rubbed Sénon the wrong way but there was a hint of authenticity in the tone of it. "Not that it matters; I'm gonna battle you the same way regardless." Kingdra submerged to dip into the water before emerging.

Sénon crossed his arms, setting the battle to his own pace.

"Tell you what; if you're not, I'll buy you a drink."
Finally his suspicious expression settled into a smirk. "About 'who goes first'. The rule of thumb is; 'its better to ask for forgiveness than for permission'." Turning to the Kingdra distancing itself from its trainer he yelled out its orders. "Laser Focus!"

Kingdra used Laser Focus!

● tags:
● notes: (H✩T) 04.03

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 13:22:57 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
ulla
Amor was confused when the man said he couldn't tell if he was being a prick, or not, and Amor had to hold back a surprised laugh. He didn't think he was being rude at all, but when the man put it so bluntly to him, it was hard not to chuckle a little. Holding up his hand almost as if he was surrendering, he shook his head still smiling brightly.

"My apologies, I didn't mean to come off as rude, it's just I've actually watched people pass out mid battle from the heat. That is why I was asking you, though perhaps I could have phrased it better, or let you go get a drink of water..." He tapped his cheek thoughtfully as he mulled it over. "I just didn't want to offend you is all." Amor explained, and then the man told him the golden rule that he sorta already knew, but he was trying to be better about asking now. However with this guy that wasn't going to cut it, and he immediately had his Kingdra use a move that his own Kingdra knew as well.

"Vitra, Power Whip!" He ordered, and the two antenna like horns on it's head glowed green with energy, and it whipped them around like they were vines, or something similar, and extended them towards the Kingdra that was in the water. While Kingdra wasn't weak to Grass due to it's Dragon typing, it would still take a hard hit unless it dodged, and with it using Laser Focus, Amor wasn't going to take any chances on what the next move it would use would be. As far as he was concerned they were both equally matched when it came to the matchup, depending on what moves his opponent had. This would either be easy, or a struggle.

Battle Breakdown: Goodra used Power Whip!

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 20:57:52 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Kingdra waded the waters bobbing and swaying with the waves.

It never stopped locking in on its target.

Even when it look the lashing to the face, its body coiled back in pain and its face whelped a diagonal line from the damage.

It only made the sea dragon focus harder. A sniper waiting for its moment.

Dragons were of the few pokémon types that didn't need much motivation to really attack each other without relent. Ice types were another that were most effective against their own kind.

Somewhat uniquely Kingdra was one of the few dragons that didn't have an aversion to ice-attacks.

Which was why...

"Ice Beam!" His own Goodra couldn't beat Kingdra.

Kingdra used Ice Beam!
Critical Hit via Laser Focus! Its Super Effective!
Sniper ability boosted Critical Hit damage!

A critical hit was bad, a 'sniper' enhanced critical hit was worse, a 'sniper' enhanced critical hit on the back of a super effective attack typing.

If that Goodra wasn't knocked out, Sénon would buy the man two drinks.

-and one for the Goodra too.

● tags:
● notes: (H✩T) 04.03

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 19:24:21 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
There it came the predictable move that most trainers would use without hesitation, when they saw a dragon type pokemon. Amor had been using dragons since he was a boy, schooled in their weaknesses, strengths, and everything in between, so he had developed countermeasures to deal with such pesky attacks. He had no clue about the Kingdra's ability, or anything of the like, but he had hoped that this battle would be more interesting than this man just using the same strategy that countless others had. As if this would be enough to actually work. And he had the audacity to think Amor was being rude, when he did something like this.

"Vitra, Protect." Amor stated flatly, and a barrier of white energy surrounded the Goodra, and the Ice Beam clashed harmlessly against it, and Amor looked perhaps a bit bored. All that prep work for them to simply trip at a finish line that they were dashing towards, and had misjudged the distance of. Did people really think that after countless battles in which literally everyone used Ice Type moves he wouldn't have these sort of moves up his sleeve? Honestly it was disappointing.

Crossing his arms, Amor decided to take the wait, and see approach would they attempt the same tactic twice, or would they try to think up another maneuver in which to overcome him. Amor doubted it, no doubt this man would try to use another Ice Beam after prepping again, and they would simply fall into a familiar rhythm that he was use to. After all the other exciting battles that he had gotten from this tournament, this one was fairly standard, though perhaps this man would surprise him as so many others had.

"I do believe it's your move again..." Amor stated politely as Vitra stood there unharmed still.

Battle Breakdown: Goodra used Protect

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 21:19:22 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Shame on him for thinking he had a swift victory in the bag. The goodra managed to protect itself from what Sénon was sure would have been a deciding shot.

Dragons and humans were tricky alike so his surprise wore off quick, but he was surprised nonetheless.

He yelled over the distance.

"You probably should have let it just take the hit! Because now. . ."

Because now what would have taken one shot, was going to take several.

Kingdra used Ice Beam!
Damage: Super Effective!

● tags:
● notes: (H✩T) 04.04

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 19:26:03 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
There it was another Ice Beam, of course this was going to be the name of the game it always was, but that didn't matter to him. One hit was bad enough, Goodra attempted to dodge to the side, and was still hit by the Ice Beam, but that wasn't enough to keep the dragon down as it roared, and draconic energy surged forth. A beam of dragon energy flowed from it's maw, and toward it's opponent as a powerful Dragon Pulse cut through the air, and water aiming straight for the Kingdra ahead of them. If they wanted a battle to see who would faint first then that is what they would get. Amor knew that Kingdra had only two types that were effective against it, and he was prepared with one of those.

"Vitra here, won't be taken out so easily." He stated simply to the red haired man curious as to how they were going to go about their next moves. Would they remain stationary like the snipers they were pretending to be, or would they do something more interesting? Amor was curious to see how this battle of dragons would actually go.

Battle Breakdown: Goodra used Dragon Pulse, Super Effective against Kingdra!

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 23:18:22 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Resilience was important but without attack you had to claw your way to victory or be clawed until your opponent had no claws left.

"Maybe she wont!"

The truth of it was that Kingdra was only tactically set up to attack. If the opposing pokémon had a move like PROTECT, his two-step assault was made moot by low-tactics.

Kingdra took the musty wave of dragon aura of whatever it was DRAGON PULSE did but he wasn't ready to give in yet. Bit for bit ICE BEAM was touch more serious an attack and that wasn't counting its potential freeze a pokémon solid.

If this just devolved to a battle of full-offense, he was putting his money Kingdra and Ice Beam.

It wasn't revolutionary but it was direct shot to victory consider Kingdra's limitations.

Kingdra used Ice Beam!
Damage: Super Effective!

● tags:
● notes: (H✩T) 04.05

cpoH_Qp4
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 14:35:17 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
This man clearly knew nothing about the Dragon type, at least his knowledge wasn't as intimate as Amor's, otherwise he wouldn't opt for this kind of showdown. So with another Ice Beam fired at Vitra, she retaliated with another Dragon Pulse. In a battle of pure power, Vitra had the upper hand. Everyone always judged Goodra's on their appearance, and didn't realize they were at the same level as Salamence, or other dragons of that caliber. They were just more special inclined which is why Amor wasn't worried about those ice beams, it would take a few to knock her down.

Though the freezing might be a problem if it was to occur which is why they would have to end it before that happened, Amor still remembered what had happened to Tismet during his battle with Doug Sullivan. That Ledian of his was quite a problem, but the next time they met, they would be more than a match for it. Amor had learned a lot during this tournament, and so far, he had overcome everyone, save for a few.

"There is no maybe, of that I assure you." He stated with a smile to the red haired man, who would soon realize the folly of trying to get into a shoot out with him.

Battle Breakdown: Vitra was hit with Ice Beam, and retaliated with another Dragon Pulse.
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 17:51:12 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

It was a draw. Go figure.

Turned out the Rangers assault-only strategy had a hole in it the size of Goodra's Special Defense.

Before the sticky dragon got rid of the sea dragon the former was rendered frozen.

Kingdra piled on the ICE BEAMS while its opponent couldn't move but before the victory shot Goodra managed to thaw and get a final shot of its own.

non-sacrificial double knockouts (where two opposing pokémon mutually faint each other with direct attacks) were apparently rare but not impossible.

Usually D.K.O. were caused by moves like EXPLOSION and FINAL GAMBIT in which case the victory went to the one who made the sacrifice move.

One thing was for sure; that first shot didn't win the match. So... "I think I owe you like three drinks and one for your gooey friend over there."

● tags:
● notes: (H✩T) 04.06

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 19:21:59 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
It was like two canons battering at each other over, and over with neither side relenting, but over time they took their toll on each other, and with one final Ice Beam, and one final Dragon Pulse. Both the Goodra, and the Kingdra were rendered immobile, knocked out from the sheer ferocity of each others attacks. Amor walked over, and pat his Goodra lightly on the head, and returned it to it's ball, and nodded to the man. That was a good Kingdra he had for a companion.

"Well I'll take you up on that...Vitra doesn't drink though, my dragons don't handle alcohol particularly well...Not since the one incident..." he stated remembering something from his past, but he shook his head, and just smiled. "I don't believe I properly introduced myself when the battle started. I am Amor Rose, it is nice to meet you, and I do thank you for the battle." He stated to the man showing that he had no hard feelings, and he reached out his hand to shake the others. They had gotten off to a bit of a rocky start, but it was fine, everything was alright now at least.
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 8:24:22 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]H✩T BATTLE INCOMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: