good day bad day

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 18:44:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]
it ends abruptly, leaving him little time to react.

"hm?"

the smell, along with her words, drags him away.

"oh."

he's quick to slide on an oven mitt, almost surgical in how fast he does it, and opens the oven before reaching in for the pan. he turns, sliding it onto the counter behind them.

"it's fine! it's fine. just slightly...crispy."

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 18:51:47 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
Thea stands off to the side, using her hand to fan away the smoke that rises off of the pizza. It looks otherwise fine, other than the fact the crust is a little crispy. Perhaps the bottom, too.

Certainly still edible, though.

"Looks perfect to me, my dear."

As if nothing had happened and the puffiness around her eyes didn't exist, the woman moves across the room to sift through the kitchen island drawers. She plucks a pizza cutter, setting it next to him, before leaving again to find plates. She does all of this without another word, refocusing her worries on finishing dinner prep.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 19:02:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
it's concerning how okay she seems. unsettling, even. it worries him, and, naturally, the need to help overwhelms him.

picking up the pizza cutter, he swiftly rolls it through the pizza. he finds more resistance than usual, likely from the burnt crust and bottom. he lifts a slice up just as she approaches with plates.

"thea,"

he lowers the slice, plating it.

"are you okay?"

[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 19:14:05 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
This is a burden she's been carrying for over eight years, a crippling insecurity, guilt, torment. She carries it naturally, as if it is the easiest thing in the world. He should be concerned, because this is the first and only time he's ever heard her mention it.

Two plates clink softly against the countertop and she slides them closer to him. His blade crunches through the crust and he lifts and places. At first, she almost doesn't hear him.

"Yes. It was a really long time ago."

Her thumb strokes along the edge of one of the slices. It is too hot and she pulls her hand back, lifting the sauce to her lips.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 11:39:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
has she grieved?

is this how she copes?

concern tugs on his expression, overwhelming all else despite the soft smile he offers.

"would you like to talk about it?"

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 11:45:47 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
Mechanically, Thea moves to replace the lids on the Tupperware. One of them is slightly misaligned, just enough to make things worse. Just enough she can't fix if, she can't fix it, she can't fix anything.

Her breath catches in her throat and she struggles with it. The force of her grief and her attempts to maintain control veer out of control. Her fingers slip and she manages to cut herself on the plastic.

It isn't deep, but its enough that shes gotten blood on what remains of the peppers.

"No, Rory, I don't. There's nothing to talk about."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 11:49:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
rory stays rooted in place, almost helpless as he observes the way she moves around, operating as though each action and each movement is calculated.

it feels too static to be natural.

regardless, he moves after her, approaching with a napkin for her cut. he reaches out for her hand without much of a warning and presses the napkin to her wound.

"there's quite a lot to talk about."

with his other hand, he reaches into one of the cupboards for a small first aid kit.

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 11:56:10 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
Her hands are shaking and she can't seem to catch her breath. His attention lingers and she can feel his doubt, she can feel his concern and it is so heavy. The burden of guilt, of his worry, it's too much.

And then he grabs hold of her hand. He's warm and stable, latching onto her finger. The napkin is stained with her blood but with the pressure the bleeding stops. It was never a deep cut.

Thea sucks in a breath, pulling herself out of autopilot to follow his hand up to the first aid kit. She doesn't even realize how badly she's shaking.

"It's just a scratch, Rory, please. The--the pizza is getting cold."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 11:59:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"even a scratch could get infected."

her hand finds his as he reaches for the kit. he pauses, tilting his head towards her before saying:

"let me help you, thea."

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 12:05:18 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
I don't want your help. I don't want anyone's help.

These thoughts are chanted in her head like an ultimatum. They scare her because she knows that isn't true. She needs help. She wants help.

She wants him.

"I've ruined movie night."

Thea pulls her other hand away from the cupboard, allowing him to grab the kit himself. Slowly, the hand whose finger is punched by Rory and the napkin awkwardly tries to squeeze his fingers in return.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 12:11:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
with a breathy chuckle, he shakes his head:

"you didn't ruin anything, my love."

the first aid kit settles on the counter. he clicks it open to reach for the necessary supplies to start cleaning her cut.

it's quiet for a while; his hands move with trained precision, gentle as he works.

eventually, he whispers:

"thank you for telling me."

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 12:19:21 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
Somehow, in the midst of all of this uncomfortable silence and anxiety and strain, Rory finds it in him to laugh a little bit. Perhaps it should have bothered her, but instead she holds onto the breathless noise he makes.

She watches him, emotions conflicted on her face, as he sets to work on cleaning her cut and wrapping one of the smallest bandaids around it.

Its kind of pathetic, really.

And yet..

She steps closer to him, voluntarily placing herself in his arms. She buries her face in his chest, with the optimal position being the space between his shoulder and neck.

He is warm, and he smells like.. home.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 12:27:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
with the small bandaid applied, he smiles, saying:

"you're good to go."

and where he expects her to pull away, to retreat to the couch, she steps to place herself in his arms that fall over her, holding her close. it's unexpected but warm and appreciated.

"i got you,"

he kisses her head, then rests his cheek against her,

"i promise."

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 12:46:02 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
You're good to go.

But she isn't. She wasn't. She hadn't been. Once discharged from the hospital, they'd given her the equivalent of a pat on the back. A tiny bandaid on the gaping wound that was her heart.

This wasn't the same though. She needed to remind herself of that.

It wasn't Rory's fault and it wasn't hers, either. It wasn't anyone's fault.

Somewhere in the house, Thea's Mimikyu begins to weep.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 14:25:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
the desire to help remains even after she eventually pulls away. but as he's reminded daily, boundaries exist for a reason, and he knows not to cross them.

"you can always talk to me, thea, if you ever feel the need to."