good day bad day

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 9:00:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]
for once, rory is home early. kinda, anyways, as he had planned on arriving an hour earlier. baby steps.

the television plays in the background, flashing stories and reports of various news hoenn has to offer. he pays it little attention, perhaps too focused on kneading dough in preparation for dinner tonight.

he barely hears the front door open. he looks over his shoulder, smiling.

"hey! you're home."

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 13:58:06 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
When she turns the key in the lock, it gives way without a hitch. She frowns, momentarily confused, and pushes the door open.

Inside, she can hear the television playing and for a moment both frustration and paranoia assault her senses.

Her first thought is that Rory had left the TV on and forgot to lock the front door. The second was that someone else was home. It didn't occur to her that he himself would be home.

So she creeps along, peeking her head into the living area to find no one. Just as she turns around, however, her boyfriend is standing there in the kitchen, watching her.

"Oh! Rory, you startled me. I didn't know you'd be home so early."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 14:04:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
rory continues to knead the dough even as she speaks to him. he pushes, pulls, and rotates, repeating the movement.

"woops. yeah, it's a bit strange, i'll admit. but hey, random question, are you in the mood for pizza?"

pausing for effect, his body straightens, expression breaking into a playful one.

"because if not then i can start over. might be a pretty late dinner, though."

[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 18:08:28 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
Thea catches her breath, relief taking over where her shoulders had been tense.

"You should really call."

She sets her purse down, shrugs off her jacket. There is a note of frustration in her tone of voice, but most of it is overshadowed by how tired she feels.

"Pizza is fine. Just uhh.. don't use as much sauce this time."

And then she hovers, awkward, because it is usually just her in the kitchen. Normally, Rory wasn't even home in time for dinner, and his plate would be the next days packed lunch.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 19:23:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"i should, yes, but i wanted to surprise you."

it's sad in a way that he doesn't quite realize.

his flour-covered hands slide underneath the dough to toss it up once, twice, before setting it back down on the counter.

noticing the way she's hovering, he chuckles, pausing for a moment to say:

"thea, trust me, i got this."

he resumes, rolling out the dough.

"you can grab a drink, relax, and tell me about your day. how are the kids?"

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 19:56:04 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
He wanted to surprise her?

Well tickle her surprised.

Thea blinks, watching him almost owlishly as he tosses the pizza dough. Frankly, she hadn't even known he could cook, let alone make pizza.

Or perhaps she had known.

The woman's face falls a bit at the thought, unsure now what to think.

He reaches to roll out the dough and reassures her that he can handle it. Their wine cooler sits in the kitchen island, and she plucks a bottle from the shelf.

It is a more expensive bottle, one they've likely been saving for a more joyous occasion. But guilt niggles at the back of her min and she decides that this will be her choice.

Thea twists and removes the cork with one of their fancy corkscrew topper remover things and works her way around the room to find wine glasses.

"Ahh.. good, my day was good. The kids are fast learners and eager listeners. Hmm.. we were discussing the uses of substitute."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 20:22:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
once the dough is rolled out and shaped, rory dusts off a bit of cornmeal over the top, then reaches for the jar of sauce (that he had just bought) from one of the many cabinets in the kitchen.

"less sauce...less sauce..."

he mutters to himself as he dips a spoon in, places a healthy amount of sauce on the dough, then starts spreading.

"substitute's a great move. really helpful."

but she doesn't need him to tell her that, surely.

noticing the bottle, he smiles:

"are we celebrating my cooking? because i have bad news if we are."

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 15:47:39 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
"Yes it is! And it doesn't always need to be used in the conventional sense. Substitute is a very useful and easy to utilize move, that isn't easily predictable."

Thea rambles off in an excited tangent. She catches herself eventually, muting herself with a slow sip of wine. She doesn't leave behind a lipstick stain, the brand she wears is smudge proof.

Rory's attention shifts to the bottle and she blinks, fishing for his glass she's poured. The woman approaches him, glass extended.

"We're celebrating us both being home. Together."

She smiles up at him.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 15:57:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
he loves it when she breaks off into tangents. he smiles, nods, and listens, making sure to peer up at her after.

"the more i know."

wiping his hands with a small dishcloth that hangs by the oven, he accepts the glass with a warm chuckle.

"i'll drink to that."

he leans forward to plant a kiss on her forehead before stepping back, sipping the wine.

"this is really nice."

placing it down on the counter, he turns to the fridge to pull out various toppings for their pizza. a few tupperware boxes are placed down next to the dough.

"what toppings are you feeling?"

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 16:10:24 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
Thea's eyes close and she exhales quietly as he presses a kiss to her forehead. The gesture is sweet, familiar.

It brings her guilt.

The woman leans away, toward the Tupperware containers hes set out. With one hand, she peels the top off of one. This one contains chopped peppers, with the other side holding onions.

"What about.. a little bit of everything? Split it in half."

Other containers have various meats, those of which she often saves for him. Digesting meat was always touch and go for her.

Ever since..

Thea snaps out of that train of thought, refocusing on Rory's face.

"Just put whatever you want on it."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 16:18:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
rory nods, agreeing as he starts scattering chopped peppers across the sauce-covered dough. it falls neatly into place along with onions, spinach, and meat to top it off.

the door to the preheated oven's pulled and in goes the pizza, ready to cook over the next twenty minutes.

finally, he sighs, able to give her all of his attention.

"it'll be ready in about twenty. sorry, i wanted it ready by the time you got back."

a simple shrug means more than it should.

"guess i lost track of time."

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 16:36:08 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
Thea, for the most part, stays out of his way. Only when he isn't looking does she add more of one thing or another, spreading the toppings to look more uniform.

And less meat on a few areas for her benefit.

Bur eventually the pizza is in and the oven door closes, and Rory's attention is completely on her.

"I like this better."

The way she delivers that thought seems a little sad. Like the way her eyes linger on his face in a way she realizes she hadn't before.

"Was there a movie you wanted to see? Pizza usually goes with a movie, right?"

Their brand new, barely used television continues to drone on and on about the daily news. A plethora of streamable shows and movies, right at their fingertips.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 16:43:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
the sadness, like most other things, is lost on him. he simply smiles, nodding his apprecation.

his eyes shift to the barely used television that flashes a story on mount pyre.

"it usually does."

but it's been too long.

he steps close to her, then leads them into the living room and onto the couch.

"do you mind picking one for us, love?"

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 17:13:54 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
He steps close, and like every time and every one to come, Thea nearly shies away. For all of their time spent together, for all of the nights spent sleeping alongside him, his affection continued to overwhelm her.

But she stops herself from avoiding him, and instead allows the man to lead her and himself into the living room.

"Are you sure? You might not like what I pick. Perhaps you should, instead.."

With remote in hand, the woman offers it to Rory, instead.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good day bad day
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 17:21:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
rory shakes his head. he reaches a hand over to hers, gently pushing the remote back towards her.

"i'm sure i will."

besides, he's not sure what to put on. the last movie he remembers watching was a comedy, which was about a year ago.

sinking into the sofa, he shifts closer to her, keen on spending time with her.